Ek Duje Ke Vaaste

India-Forums

Ek Duje Ke Vaaste
Ek Duje Ke Vaaste

Their love for each other is SO evident - Today's Episode<3 (Page 2)

maankigeet4ever IF-Rockerz
maankigeet4ever
maankigeet4ever

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 11:12pm | IP Logged
Womderful ! Wonderful! your posts are always so well done that I don't think I can add anything..but the thing is..I always want to LOL
One thing I love about EDKV that even the episodes that aren't very Shraman centric and instead focus on the supporting cast..even those episodes are always flawlessly done..sound from the writing to the execution. They don't throw in pointless drama just for the heck of it. No it all makes sense. And today they dealt with a family conflict realistically. Who doesn't want to be number 1 pripority for their family ? Is Varun right in thinking that his brother should support him ? Is Chachi right for thinking Shravan should support his brother ? Yes..in their own place, they are right. Because Shravan loves his family and should support them.
What they don't understand is that Sumo is Shravan's family too. She isn't Suman Tiwari..she is his Sumo. His friend he is getting to know all over again. And he shouldn't have to pick between her and Varun. The writers do so well with Shravan. He is a guy who loves his family but he won't get manipulated by them. He loves them but he won't turn a blind eye to what is right. Found Shravan absolutely amazing today.
And Shraman were all sorts of beautiful. They will fight each other for each other..that is love ! His happiness, his family is more important to her than her house and her mother's innocence. His promise to her " I won't let you lose"..that is important to him, he can't even think of dropping the case. They care so much for each other..its all so beautiful to see. 

- Reya <3

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

roshan110Cashivi3serialfan40Onie...ThithliDhostpoppinssNYCForeverEchoesofpassion

Onie... Goldie
Onie...
Onie...

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by redwine1

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#0000ff">Hello there Echo ..</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#0000ff">
</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#0000ff">First of all lemme thank you ... u always manage to make the most meaningful posts on this forum ...maynot be able to comment on all .. but do manage to read them all ... Kudos babe ...</font>
</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#0000ff">While the entire forum was up in arms about the Shravan paying Khosla issue & busy taking sides on who was right & wrong .. one thing kept niggling me ... why would the maker show this stop gap measure ...</font>
</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#0000ff">A hero really doesnt do this .. not in Indian entertainment industry ...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#0000ff">Once again yesterday ... they show us all that Varun hoopla ... & thats when the loops tie in .. the beauty of the script writing shines thru ...</font>
</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#0000ff">This track actually started with the PARTY .,. the party where Shravan insults Sumo ... he calls her an opportunist who was claiming friendship coz Shravan was a rich stud ...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#0000ff">He then calls her SELFISH ... the tag that kept cropping up in their subsequent skirmishes ...</font>
</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#0000ff">For Love to shine thru these tags had to be obliterated ...</font>
</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#0000ff">So first we got the Suman old house scene .. which highlighted what Sumo told Shravan post party ... " what i did i did in immaturity" yes she was a misguided lost youth who was desperately trying to FIT IN ... & whatever she did that day was a direct result of her scare of being LEFT ALONE ...</font>
</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#0000ff">The big question mark on their friendship cleared after that ... & out came a heartfelt THANK YOU ... he realised that she was his friend .. NOT PERFECT ... but PERFECT FOR HIM .. u have to accept friends with their faults & quirks ...</font>
</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#0000ff">Then came the money sequence ... when Shravan made a payment to Khosla in lieu of taking the case back & Suman instead of falling on his feet in gratitude ... BERATES HIM ... Brilliant move by the writer .. heres a girl who was accused of being a GOLD DIGGER .. someone who was friends with him coz of his money ... HER refusal of of bowing to him in gratitude .. makes him realise ... his success for her is not measured in MONEY ... & she sets the bar very high for him ... but that high bar is not measured in Mercenary means but in VALUES ..in his CORE ...</font>
</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#0000ff">Then came yesterdays episode .. with the Varun hoopla ... now as a consumer of Indian entertainment we all know the HERO will triumph against all EVIL .. he will rescue his damsel in distress ... so then WHY create this one small hiccup ... WELL .. the SELFISH Tag had to go ...</font>
</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#0000ff">So in one fell stroke last evening the SELFISH tag was obliterated ...she comes up to him & tells him ... leave the case .. ur family who are living & together are far more important than her dead mother // the ULTIMATE SACRIFICE ... & in one move all the barriers which stopped him .. which made him hesitate were obliterated ... did she just wipe away her stains ... or did she cleanse a young 16 year old boy ... is a question i leave behind with you... the moment u get that .. u r amazed with the beauty of the writing ...</font>
</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#0000ff">For me the highlight of yesterdays episode was that one small shot between Ramnath & Suman .. as he retreats from Shravan's room & she is waiting to ascend .. they share a look .. she wants to talk to him .. but he goes away ... a father who could not give his son the most important support that evening ... gave way to the one who could offer the same ...he knew with her going up those stairs the answers would be arrived at ... & he knew what he couldnt inspire .. this girl could inspire ...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#0000ff">& all this coz when the phone rang the name which popped up on the screen was SUMO ... the father who stood a silent spectator deduced a lot from that one small abbreviated NAME ...</font>
</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#0000ff">Heres where u step back a bit & go to the holi sequence ... & Shravan's insult of Urvashi ... & his fathers chiding him for the same ... Shravan wanted a woman who would STAND BY HIM thru thick & thin ... he wanted a woman who would not abandon him ... both which according to him his father has had to face ... his father asks him then .. why accept a relation & then do this .. he says i CAN NEVER REFUSE A RELATION which comes from my family ... but he also shows he WILL DO WHAT IS RIGHT ... Now connect all this .. see where all this track has its tentacles in ... its a very beautiful interlaced piece of writing that the writer is dishing out .. which makes this serial that much more special ... & whats more .. it paves the way for the future beautifully ...</font>
</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#0000ff">All the characters in the play r in their positions ... just like in chess ( a game at which Shravan is a master) now the moves will start .. the story will progress on how Shravan & sumo traverse these murky fields & still remain EK DUJE KE VASTE</font>

You slayed girl!! I am literally giving you a standing ovation right now.
And as Ghanna said please make a post so that everyone can read it...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Cashivian_chauindraniguptaredwine1Echoesofpassion

indranigupta IF-Dazzler
indranigupta
indranigupta

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 11:44pm | IP Logged
Ghaana, agree with you completely. Awesome review. Heart
Yesterday's episode manifested their love in so many small and varied ways... all adding up to show how they are made for each other. 
That small walk was ever so magical again outlining how far they have traveled and how far they have to still traverse(borrowing Dyotona'a line). It was not a physical walk but all metaphorical transcending time and barriers. Day Dreaming
Though Chachi  is a realistic character but i found her too stupid or rather egoistic. She can only think about her son's career forgetting Shravan's. Moreover, she fails to realize that her son s actually working with a crook. All that she can think of is Sumo and that she is not part of family. Chachi, you wait and watch, your bhanja is going to marry her soon. LOL
@Red, your analysis is bang onClap. Absolutely superlative.
I dont know who the writers are but what they have shown the graph, the journey of these two characters is fabulous.
Many of us had felt Sumo was brash, arrogant and too much caught up in trying to fit in, succumbing to peer pressure and sidelining what was essential and true. Not only us but even Shravan had read her as opportunist, selfish, mean-minded and self-centered. Yesterday when she said that though her mother and her reputation was the most important theme in her life but she will not allow a happy family to be broken up, it was a full circle for Shravan Malhotra.
The boy who had lived with the knowledge that not only his mother but his one true friend had not remained true or loyal realized it (yesterday) like nothing else that his Sumo was always for him and had always remained upright. She lived by her own norms but those norms and feelings are one which can make up an utopian society (if there is something like utopiaLOL).
And your analysis of what we all had lamented about Shravan buying off Khosla is apt. Sumo's love for him is demanding because it asks, probes, questions Shravan and we viewers to search deep within ourselves and then act on the core or the most valuable of our feelings and ideas. Her love is not easy and Shravan will rise as like phoenix to emerge as the winner. She acknowledged his paying off Khosla yet she in moving away from him showed that winning at all costs is not everything. Her love defies logic and yet as Shravan's eyes reflected.. it leads to knowledge and a new understanding of ourselves.
Glad you made the point about Ramnath failing to support his son at this critical juncture and his silence towards Sumo.. asking her, pleading in fact, to lead Shravan towards what he believes is right. Interestingly, Ramanth was moving downstairs while Sumo was on the verge of ascending as if showing how Sumo is so far superior to Ramnath, a lawyer belonging to elite social circles. Don't know why I was reminded of Keats' Hyperion and the poet-narrator climb towards acceptance and love not for oneself but for others.
Yesterday, Shravan must have fallen in love with her once again and Chachi and Co would find it very difficult to create any differences between the two.. because Shravan Malhotra, the shrewd lawyer will not be fooled by anything these people say about Sumo. Sumo stood as star, scintilatingly luminous amongst those people who couldnt think beyond themselves and their world.
Shravan did realize (as we did along with him) what is selfishness.
Thank you Ghaana and Red for your splendid review.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

baas-tvCashivi3serialfan40preciousrubyredwine1EchoesofpassionS.Stephypoppinssmineforever

mineforever IF-Sizzlerz
mineforever
mineforever

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 11:59pm | IP Logged
U summarized the entire episode so perfectly.. Thumbs Up
Yes each and every scene was beautifully depicted..
I think in ShraMan's relationship it will have to be Shravan who will have to fight bcos Sumo is more family oriented,i feel she may bow down due to family pressure..she has too many emotional scars from childhood..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Echoesofpassion

3serialfan40 Senior Member
3serialfan40
3serialfan40

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 12:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by indranigupta

Ghaana, agree with you completely. Awesome review. Heart
Yesterday's episode manifested their love in so many small and varied ways... all adding up to show how they are made for each other. 
That small walk was ever so magical again outlining how far they have traveled and how far they have to still traverse(borrowing Dyotona'a line). It was not a physical walk but all metaphorical transcending time and barriers. Day Dreaming
Though Chachi  is a realistic character but i found her too stupid or rather egoistic. She can only think about her son's career forgetting Shravan's. Moreover, she fails to realize that her son s actually working with a crook. All that she can think of is Sumo and that she is not part of family. Chachi, you wait and watch, your bhanja is going to marry her soon. LOL
@Red, your analysis is bang onClap. Absolutely superlative.
I dont know who the writers are but what they have shown the graph, the journey of these two characters is fabulous.
Many of us had felt Sumo was brash, arrogant and too much caught up in trying to fit in, succumbing to peer pressure and sidelining what was essential and true. Not only us but even Shravan had read her as opportunist, selfish, mean-minded and self-centered. Yesterday when she said that though her mother and her reputation was the most important theme in her life but she will not allow a happy family to be broken up, it was a full circle for Shravan Malhotra.
The boy who had lived with the knowledge that not only his mother but his one true friend had not remained true or loyal realized it (yesterday) like nothing else that his Sumo was always for him and had always remained upright. She lived by her own norms but those norms and feelings are one which can make up an utopian society (if there is something like utopiaLOL).
And your analysis of what we all had lamented about Shravan buying off Khosla is apt. Sumo's love for him is demanding because it asks, probes, questions Shravan and we viewers to search deep within ourselves and then act on the core or the most valuable of our feelings and ideas. Her love is not easy and Shravan will rise as like phoenix to emerge as the winner. She acknowledged his paying off Khosla yet she in moving away from him showed that winning at all costs is not everything. Her love defies logic and yet as Shravan's eyes reflected.. it leads to knowledge and a new understanding of ourselves.
Glad you made the point about Ramnath failing to support his son at this critical juncture and his silence towards Sumo.. asking her, pleading in fact, to lead Shravan towards what he believes is right. Interestingly, Ramanth was moving downstairs while Sumo was on the verge of ascending as if showing how Sumo is so far superior to Ramnath, a lawyer belonging to elite social circles. Don't know why I was reminded of Keats' Hyperion and the poet-narrator climb towards acceptance and love not for oneself but for others.
Yesterday, Shravan must have fallen in love with her once again and Chachi and Co would find it very difficult to create any differences between the two.. because Shravan Malhotra, the shrewd lawyer will not be fooled by anything these people say about Sumo. Sumo stood as star, scintilatingly luminous amongst those people who couldnt think beyond themselves and their world.
Shravan did realize (as we did along with him) what is selfishness.
Thank you Ghaana and Red for your splendid review.
Thank you indrani,Ghaana and Red  all 3 are very good reviews. I must say the CVs have a good job of closing the loop from Shravan's POV.  He came believe he needed revenge to now he is questioning his views on women. Very nice 
As far as the comment in red I could not agree with you more. She is so manipulative and egoistic, she cannot see that Varun is harming himself.very realistic, this reminds me of a story my grandma told me in childhood. A thief is caught and put in jail, His mother comes to visit him and says to him " oh my poor son, I feel so bad for you, how did this happen to you" the son replies "Mom instead of indulging me when I stole fruits from the vendors when I was young if you had corrected me, this would not have happened to me"  same thing here she cannot see beyond "herself and her ego"Its funny how she has convinced everyone including Ramnath that Shravan is making the family break up. Very realistically done, I see it done all the time and makes me wonder are these people humans 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

CashiviindraniguptapoppinssEchoesofpassion

indranigupta IF-Dazzler
indranigupta
indranigupta

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 1:09am | IP Logged
@3serialfan40,
my mom used to tell me the same storyWink
Yes, this woman's ego is going to cause major problems in her own sons' lives. Khosla is a cheat and as her own husband said what's the guarantee that in near future Khosla might not ask for something else as well. Both mother and Son are big time fools.LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Cashivi3serialfan40Echoesofpassion

Echoesofpassion IF-Rockerz
Echoesofpassion
Echoesofpassion

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 10:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by maankigeet4ever

Womderful ! Wonderful! your posts are always so well done that I don't think I can add anything..but the thing is..I always want to LOL
One thing I love about EDKV that even the episodes that aren't very Shraman centric and instead focus on the supporting cast..even those episodes are always flawlessly done..sound from the writing to the execution. They don't throw in pointless drama just for the heck of it. No it all makes sense. And today they dealt with a family conflict realistically. Who doesn't want to be number 1 pripority for their family ? Is Varun right in thinking that his brother should support him ? Is Chachi right for thinking Shravan should support his brother ? Yes..in their own place, they are right. Because Shravan loves his family and should support them.
What they don't understand is that Sumo is Shravan's family too. She isn't Suman Tiwari..she is his Sumo. His friend he is getting to know all over again. And he shouldn't have to pick between her and Varun. The writers do so well with Shravan. He is a guy who loves his family but he won't get manipulated by them. He loves them but he won't turn a blind eye to what is right. Found Shravan absolutely amazing today.
And Shraman were all sorts of beautiful. They will fight each other for each other..that is love ! His happiness, his family is more important to her than her house and her mother's innocence. His promise to her " I won't let you lose"..that is important to him, he can't even think of dropping the case. They care so much for each other..its all so beautiful to see. 

- Reya <3

Exactly! I love how its not unnecessary filler drama! It all interweaves to serve a greater purpose for Shraman's story! And its done so intelligently and seamlessly. And exactly! I love Shravan's character for that very reason! Hes not blinded by his family. He will do what's right. And im damn sure hes gunna win the case for Sumo and save his brother Varun! And I love your last line! He cant drop the case cuz hes promised her and will never break that promise! And she cant see his family break like hers did, especially not because of her! They both care so much about each other its loveeHeart

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

maankigeet4ever

Echoesofpassion IF-Rockerz
Echoesofpassion
Echoesofpassion

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 10:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mineforever

U summarized the entire episode so perfectly.. Thumbs Up
Yes each and every scene was beautifully depicted..
I think in ShraMan's relationship it will have to be Shravan who will have to fight bcos Sumo is more family oriented,i feel she may bow down due to family pressure..she has too many emotional scars from childhood..

True I didnt think of it that way! But I would like to see a strong Sumo emerge! And sure with Shravan being by her side, she will! 

Go to top