Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Game of Thrones CC #4 | :- Season 7 Premieres 16th July 2017 -: | (Page 83)

The.Lannister IF-Stunnerz
The.Lannister
The.Lannister

Posted: 18 July 2017 at 12:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by CaputDraconis

Originally posted by --BlackSheep--

Originally posted by CaputDraconis

Is it just me who doesn't like the over-glorification of Sansa? I think Arya and Jon are better suited to deal with internecine realpolitik in the GoTverse than her. 
Hey JazHugGreat to see you here.Embarrassed
Now throughout my entire journey with ASOIAF and GOT,I have maintained mixed feelings for Sansa's character.I view the characters in the books different from their show counterparts.

In the books,I don't have any feelings for Sansa and neither am I connected to her.IMO Book Sansa hardly had any character development.Infact at a point I disliked the Sansa in the books.

However when it comes to the show,I have a different opinion.
In the initial seasons I admit I thought she was no better than her book counterpart.However in the later seasons I began to soften up towards her.Sansa in the show had more character development than Book Sansa ever had.In the later seasons Sansa actually grew as a character who understood the reality of the world and who understood the importance and value of her family.She also knows the political game now.Therefore I respect and like Sansa now.

But then I also believe that Sansa doesn't have the farsightedness which is required from a leader.She has the qualities of an advisor for sure.But Jon is the one who has the vision of a leader.In the present scenario Sansa is to Jon what Tyrion is to Daenerys.

Now coming to Arya,I always had a special soft corner for this girl and I always will.She is one of the most intriguing characters ever.Arya was younger than Sansa and Arya's struggles were greater than Sansa's.Yet Arya not only survived but also thrived.I cannot comment on Arya's political acumen since we have never seen her play the GOT directly.However she does have great diplomatic skills which is visible in her scenes with Tywin.

Mehraba AyeshacimEmbarrassed

Wow, you've read the books too. hi-5! 

Before I begin, I must say I am not a fan of Dany, so I take affront to the way you've equated Tyrion and SansaCry  I feel the only reason I empathize with Sansa is due to the way she ended up as Ramsay's victim unlike in the books otherwise her character development is in-yo-face kinda abrupt for my linking. 

Arya and Jon have the right mix of integrity/idealism and they have the natural flair to play the game unlike Sansa which is why I want Jon and Arya to meet up ASAP! 

@bold: even in the books Sansa might end up a victim of Harry I feel. That guy ist as bad as Ramsay ofc but he doesnt strike me as completely normal either LOL

I am no fan of Sansa, book or show, but I think both the sisters have had their share of struggles & hence I wont compare their journeys. While Arya's struggles were more obvious as she was out in the forest, among rough men etc Sansa too didnt have it very easy. She had to deal with the absolute power which Cersei & Joff wielded. A single wrong word...and they could have her killed/raped/tortured. She was theirs to torment (as Joff loved to point out oftenDead) So given her limited means & given how much power she was up against I think she did fine as far as survival is concerned. What I dislike about her is that she hasnt learned much. She is still easily fooled by people. She puts on a mask of having acquired some deep knowledge but on the inside she is as foolish as ever IMO. Arya on the other hand hasnt just survived, she has learnt many things as well in the process. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SilentSilver

The.Lannister
The.Lannister

Posted: 18 July 2017 at 12:20am | IP Logged

There is something which I have observed about a certain group of Sansa supporters online.They ship Sansa with almost every living male character of GOT
Whenever I open GOT fanfiction,Sansa is the character who is frequently shipped with everyone.Namely Jon,Hound,Aegon,Littlefinger,Jaime,Stannis and even GendryLOLLOL
I believe that they want Sansa to have the fairytale ending which she initially wanted.And for this she has to be paired opp either Jon or Aegon or Jaime.
What they fail to realise that Sansa's character's aim may not be to find her Prince Charming but to realise the value of what she has lost and emerge as a stronger person.For GOT is not a fairytale.
IMO the right person for Sansa is Tyrion.He always was.He was the only person who was genuinely kind towards her and had Sansa stayed with him for longer then she might have learnt all the tricks of the great game.And Tyrion is anyday better than Littlefinger.At present I don't think that shipping any couple would be wise.But if there is anyone I want Sansa to end up with then it's Tyrion.

@bold: Now that you have said it I realize how true it is ROFL The most popular pairing is her & Sandor! And next is with Willas. But since S6 a new fav is Sansa & Jon Dead I find this shipping with Jon & LF totally disgusting Dead Dead

BTW I have also read an FF where she was paired with Tywin! D'oh

Though I hate Sansa I ship her with Tyrion, one of my fav characters LOL I agree with you. I think theirs would be a mutually beneficial match. Sansa needs someone to protect her from her naivete & who better than a pragmatic, even bitter Tyrion? He has seen a lot of bad things, has had a lot of broken dreams, has been let down by people who were supposed to protect him & yet he has survived it all, just like her. They are more similar that way. Also Sansa would be good for Tyrion. He needs a kind person. He has seen too much unkindness in his life & if Sansa can come to love him & see him as more than an ugly dwarf she will make him a really good wife.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

--BlackSheep--NitaReidSilentSilver

The.Lannister
The.Lannister

Posted: 18 July 2017 at 6:19am | IP Logged
Since we were talking about FFs, sharing a OS I wrote on Tyrion/ Sansa. Its a modern setting. Do read if interested Embarrassed

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1667039

Fallingsnow--BlackSheep--SilentSilver

The.Lannister
The.Lannister

Posted: 18 July 2017 at 6:23am | IP Logged
And on the topic of weird pairings long ago I had read an FF where Jaime was paired with Arya. When I read about this pairing I was too disgusted given their age difference n all. But the writer is really superb & the story very well written. Once you start reading you get convinced of why this could actually work out even in the books LOL They just fit Tongue Do read if interested. 

http://archiveofourown.org/works/907718/chapters/1757048

Fallingsnow--BlackSheep--SilentSilver

--BlackSheep-- IF-Sizzlerz
--BlackSheep--
--BlackSheep--

Posted: 18 July 2017 at 6:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by The.Lannister

There is something which I have observed about a certain group of Sansa supporters online.They ship Sansa with almost every living male character of GOT
Whenever I open GOT fanfiction,Sansa is the character who is frequently shipped with everyone.Namely Jon,Hound,Aegon,Littlefinger,Jaime,Stannis and even GendryLOLLOL
I believe that they want Sansa to have the fairytale ending which she initially wanted.And for this she has to be paired opp either Jon or Aegon or Jaime.
What they fail to realise that Sansa's character's aim may not be to find her Prince Charming but to realise the value of what she has lost and emerge as a stronger person.For GOT is not a fairytale.
IMO the right person for Sansa is Tyrion.He always was.He was the only person who was genuinely kind towards her and had Sansa stayed with him for longer then she might have learnt all the tricks of the great game.And Tyrion is anyday better than Littlefinger.At present I don't think that shipping any couple would be wise.But if there is anyone I want Sansa to end up with then it's Tyrion.

@bold: Now that you have said it I realize how true it is ROFL The most popular pairing is her & Sandor! And next is with Willas. But since S6 a new fav is Sansa & Jon Dead I find this shipping with Jon & LF totally disgusting Dead Dead

BTW I have also read an FF where she was paired with Tywin! D'oh

Though I hate Sansa I ship her with Tyrion, one of my fav characters LOL I agree with you. I think theirs would be a mutually beneficial match. Sansa needs someone to protect her from her naivete & who better than a pragmatic, even bitter Tyrion? He has seen a lot of bad things, has had a lot of broken dreams, has been let down by people who were supposed to protect him & yet he has survived it all, just like her. They are more similar that way. Also Sansa would be good for Tyrion. He needs a kind person. He has seen too much unkindness in his life & if Sansa can come to love him & see him as more than an ugly dwarf she will make him a really good wife.
Yup Sansa and Sandor is the most popular pairing followed by Sansa-Willas.Frankly I never understood the entire hype about the two ships of Sansa-Sandor and Gendry-AryaOuchLOLWhat is so special about these two ships??? I find them to be pretty ordinary.And this Gendry got way too much importance in the show as compared to the books.
And I don't give a damn about Sansa-Willas ship.

Jon and Sansa ship is utterly disgustingDead Are the people serious when they ship Sansa with Jon of all the people??? Even if he is a Targaryen still he has grown up thinking of Sansa as his sister.And his fraternal love for her won't change overnight just because he finds out that he is a Targ.
I don't even want to comment on Sansa-LF shipDead

W*F!! She was paired opp Tywin too??ROFL And here I thought the worst I could see was Sansa-Stannis.
Who is next?? The Night's King???

Tyrion is the best match for Sansa.He is one of my all time favs too.First of all it would be the most realistic and practical pairing.Sansa was a girl who lived in a fantasy till that fantasy turned ugly.i.e.Joffrey.
Tyrion represents reality.He may be a dwarf and ugly too.But he is one of the best people ever.Tyrion represents pragmatism and practicality.He has the level of maturity which Sansa requires.
Also he is broken from within.So maybe Sansa's affection can heal him for better.
These two have a lot of potential.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

The.LannisterSilentSilver

--BlackSheep--
--BlackSheep--

Posted: 18 July 2017 at 6:55am | IP Logged

Since we were talking about FFs, sharing a OS I wrote on Tyrion/ Sansa. Its a modern setting. Do read if interested Embarrassed

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1667039

Thanks for sharing thisHug I would love to read about SanRionEmbarrassed

The.Lannister

--BlackSheep--
--BlackSheep--

Posted: 18 July 2017 at 6:57am | IP Logged

And on the topic of weird pairings long ago I had read an FF where Jaime was paired with Arya. When I read about this pairing I was too disgusted given their age difference n all. But the writer is really superb & the story very well written. Once you start reading you get convinced of why this could actually work out even in the books LOL They just fit Tongue Do read if interested. 

http://archiveofourown.org/works/907718/chapters/1757048
Hmmm.Jaime and Arya?? This pairing does sound weird.But I find it kinda interesting as well.And fascinating too.
I will give this a try.Big smile

The.Lannister

SilentSilver IF-Stunnerz
SilentSilver
SilentSilver

Posted: 18 July 2017 at 7:51am | IP Logged
The difference between Jon's and Sansa's stance could be largely attributed to the fact that from whom did they actually learned politics or 'leadership' from.
Children learn and imbibe things which they witness while growing up.
Like said in the show, Jon learnt his ways from Eddard Stark. Who was stern, but mostly just. He was the one whom he grew up watching.
Where as Sansa was girl whose brain was hotwired to fairytales when she went to King's Landing. It was there where she somewhat matured. There she experienced that games of Cersie, Margaery,  or Olenna, and those instances would have have to influenced her.

Talking about shipping, I actually haven't shipped anyone in this show as I mostly enjoy the fluke friendships more than romantic relationships here
LOL

Talking about Jamie and Arya, in a very very very platonic way, I really loved the scenes between Arya and Tywin in the show.

Fallingsnow--BlackSheep--The.Lannister

Go to top