Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Game of Thrones CC #4 | :- Season 7 Premieres 16th July 2017 -: | (Page 82)

CaputDraconis IF-Dazzler
CaputDraconis
CaputDraconis

Posted: 17 July 2017 at 3:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by --BlackSheep--

Originally posted by CaputDraconis

Is it just me who doesn't like the over-glorification of Sansa? I think Arya and Jon are better suited to deal with internecine realpolitik in the GoTverse than her. 
Hey JazHugGreat to see you here.Embarrassed
Now throughout my entire journey with ASOIAF and GOT,I have maintained mixed feelings for Sansa's character.I view the characters in the books different from their show counterparts.

In the books,I don't have any feelings for Sansa and neither am I connected to her.IMO Book Sansa hardly had any character development.Infact at a point I disliked the Sansa in the books.

However when it comes to the show,I have a different opinion.
In the initial seasons I admit I thought she was no better than her book counterpart.However in the later seasons I began to soften up towards her.Sansa in the show had more character development than Book Sansa ever had.In the later seasons Sansa actually grew as a character who understood the reality of the world and who understood the importance and value of her family.She also knows the political game now.Therefore I respect and like Sansa now.

But then I also believe that Sansa doesn't have the farsightedness which is required from a leader.She has the qualities of an advisor for sure.But Jon is the one who has the vision of a leader.In the present scenario Sansa is to Jon what Tyrion is to Daenerys.

Now coming to Arya,I always had a special soft corner for this girl and I always will.She is one of the most intriguing characters ever.Arya was younger than Sansa and Arya's struggles were greater than Sansa's.Yet Arya not only survived but also thrived.I cannot comment on Arya's political acumen since we have never seen her play the GOT directly.However she does have great diplomatic skills which is visible in her scenes with Tywin.

Mehraba AyeshacimEmbarrassed

Wow, you've read the books too. hi-5! 

Before I begin, I must say I am not a fan of Dany, so I take affront to the way you've equated Tyrion and SansaCry  I feel the only reason I empathize with Sansa is due to the way she ended up as Ramsay's victim unlike in the books otherwise her character development is in-yo-face kinda abrupt for my linking. 

Arya and Jon have the right mix of integrity/idealism and they have the natural flair to play the game unlike Sansa which is why I want Jon and Arya to meet up ASAP! 

Edited by CaputDraconis - 17 July 2017 at 3:56pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

--BlackSheep--The.LannisterSilentSilver

--BlackSheep-- IF-Sizzlerz
--BlackSheep--
--BlackSheep--

Posted: 17 July 2017 at 3:56pm | IP Logged
There is something which I have observed about a certain group of Sansa supporters online.They ship Sansa with almost every living male character of GOT
Whenever I open GOT fanfiction,Sansa is the character who is frequently shipped with everyone.Namely Jon,Hound,Aegon,Littlefinger,Jaime,Stannis and even GendryLOLLOL
I believe that they want Sansa to have the fairytale ending which she initially wanted.And for this she has to be paired opp either Jon or Aegon or Jaime.
What they fail to realise that Sansa's character's aim may not be to find her Prince Charming but to realise the value of what she has lost and emerge as a stronger person.For GOT is not a fairytale.
IMO the right person for Sansa is Tyrion.He always was.He was the only person who was genuinely kind towards her and had Sansa stayed with him for longer then she might have learnt all the tricks of the great game.And Tyrion is anyday better than Littlefinger.At present I don't think that shipping any couple would be wise.But if there is anyone I want Sansa to end up with then it's Tyrion.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

The.LannisterSilentSilver

--BlackSheep--
--BlackSheep--

Posted: 17 July 2017 at 4:01pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by --BlackSheep--

Is it just me who doesn't like the over-glorification of Sansa? I think Arya and Jon are better suited to deal with internecine realpolitik in the GoTverse than her. 
Hey JazHugGreat to see you here.Embarrassed
Now throughout my entire journey with ASOIAF and GOT,I have maintained mixed feelings for Sansa's character.I view the characters in the books different from their show counterparts.

In the books,I don't have any feelings for Sansa and neither am I connected to her.IMO Book Sansa hardly had any character development.Infact at a point I disliked the Sansa in the books.

However when it comes to the show,I have a different opinion.
In the initial seasons I admit I thought she was no better than her book counterpart.However in the later seasons I began to soften up towards her.Sansa in the show had more character development than Book Sansa ever had.In the later seasons Sansa actually grew as a character who understood the reality of the world and who understood the importance and value of her family.She also knows the political game now.Therefore I respect and like Sansa now.

But then I also believe that Sansa doesn't have the farsightedness which is required from a leader.She has the qualities of an advisor for sure.But Jon is the one who has the vision of a leader.In the present scenario Sansa is to Jon what Tyrion is to Daenerys.

Now coming to Arya,I always had a special soft corner for this girl and I always will.She is one of the most intriguing characters ever.Arya was younger than Sansa and Arya's struggles were greater than Sansa's.Yet Arya not only survived but also thrived.I cannot comment on Arya's political acumen since we have never seen her play the GOT directly.However she does have great diplomatic skills which is visible in her scenes with Tywin.

Mehraba AyeshacimEmbarrassed

Wow, you've read the books too. hi-5! 

Before I begin, I must say I am not a fan of Dany, so I take affront to the way you've equated Tyrion and SansaCry  I feel the only reason I empathize with Sansa is due to the way she ended up as Ramsay's victim unlike in the books otherwise her character development is in-yo-face kinda abrupt for my linking. 

Arya and Jon have the right mix of integrity/idealism and they have the natural flair to play the game unlike Sansa which is why I want Jon and Arya to meet up ASAP! 
Sansa ending up as Ramsey's victim instead of Jeyne Poole something which made me empathise with her as well.
However if we think about it then Jeyne's suffering in the books was far more brutal than Sansa's suffering in the showOuchStill her fate in the show made me connect to her whereas I still don't feel anything for her in the books.

Arya and Jon have always displayed the true essence of the Stark principles.StarI always loved their bond.And both of them have survived and thrived.
I can't wait for Jon and Arya's reunion.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

The.Lannister

Fallingsnow Senior Member
Fallingsnow
Fallingsnow

Posted: 17 July 2017 at 8:09pm | IP Logged
Finally found the place for game of thrones..Hey all, I'm new here but have been a big fan of got and watched all the seasons..Can i join the cc too..
About the first episode arya was the star in all sense...And littlefinger's plan flopped!!But is it just me who felt he might succeed in it very soon...?Today's cersei and jaime scene seemed like parents and not even a bit of it was like that of siblings..the preparations of the ultimate warbegins now..

Edited by Fallingsnow - 17 July 2017 at 8:22pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Teddy_luvThe.LannisterSilentSilver

The.Lannister IF-Stunnerz
The.Lannister
The.Lannister

Posted: 17 July 2017 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
Wow so much discussion took place since my past post yesterdayEmbarrassed Welcome to all the new people!!

Watched the first episode. It was a slow start but I loved Jon in it. He was fantastic ClapI agree with Jon's decision here. Sansa's way is more gratifying but its also petty at the same time. There is no point in punishing an entire family for the wrong decision of the head of the family. A Stark at least should know better. Jon's decision reminds me of one of Tywin's popular quotes: When your enemies defy you, you must serve them steel & fire. When they go to their knees, however, you must help them back to their feet. Elsewise no man will ever bend the knee to you.

I still don't trust Sansa. She is an incredibly foolish person. I hope she doesn't betray Jon, at least not for LF of all peopleDead 

Maisie is just superb as Arya. She nails every sceneClap  Bran & Meera reach the Wall. Now please meet Jon (not for the u r  a Targ bitLOL but i want them to meet up so one more Stark family member returns home & is back with the family!)

W/o LSH what exactly is going to be the role of Berric? 

I wonder what crazy thing Euron is planning on doing in order to win over Cersei. But whatever it is, it will be worth watching LOL Jaime's face during the whole conversation LOLLOL Go Jaime. Just go away! You are so much more better than being Cersei's watchdog Dead What a waste of lifeOuch

Why did we need Sam to break into a secret room for him to know that Dragonstone has Dragonglass?Confused Davos is with Jon. Surely he would know. And D&D should really put up a warning when they are going to show bedpans filled with poopDead I was eating while watching it!!!!Dead Dead Dead

And finally freeloader Dany has landed in Westeroes. Every time I see this woman I want to seriously punch her in the faceAngry Good that she wasn't a major part of the episodeDead When will she die Day Dreaming

Edited by The.Lannister - 17 July 2017 at 10:56pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Fallingsnow..FallAndFly..Teddy_luv--BlackSheep--SilentSilver

The.Lannister
The.Lannister

Posted: 17 July 2017 at 11:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Inquisitivesoul

Arya stood out for me in the first episode and so did Jon and Sansa's interactions.

I'm most intrigued by Sansa, I want her to remain loyal to Jon however to not lose her stance she has found the very very hard way.I have a bad feeling that it is leading to two swords in one sheath trouble. Little Finger won't hang around idle. Something's happening.

If everything becomes about fighting the dead then the internal conflicts don't leave much importance, does it?

With only 7 episodes this season, the pace is too slow for my liking.

All houses against the Night King is no fun as is the fight for the Throne.

Eventually it needs to be a fight for the Throne.

@red: In the episode 2 trailer we see Yohn Royce (???) opposing Jon's idea of approaching the Targs, he is saying something about Targs not being reliable. He is LF's man. He could threaten to leave Jon's side & take the soldiers of the Vale with him which would cause major problems for Jon. LF wont be that easily dismissed. I seriously doubt Sansa "knows what exactly he wants"LOL

@blue: I think someone is going to betray someone! The most likely candidate is Euron. He might go over to the WW's side (I had read an interesting theory about it many months back). 

@purple: Do you think the throne will survive? I feel the IT itself is going to be destroyed. Dany might blow up KL is my guess & the hidden caches of wildfire in the city are going to destory everything. 
--BlackSheep--
--BlackSheep--

Posted: 17 July 2017 at 11:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by The.Lannister

Wow so much discussion took place since my past post yesterdayEmbarrassed Welcome to all the new people!!

Watched the first episode. It was a slow start but I loved Jon in it. He was fantastic ClapI agree with Jon's decision here. Sansa's way is more gratifying but its also petty at the same time. There is no point in punishing an entire family for the wrong decision of the head of the family. A Stark at least should know better. Jon's decision reminds me of one of Tywin's popular quotes: When your enemies defy you, you must serve them steel & fire. When they go to their knees, however, you must help them back to their feet. Elsewise no man will ever bend the knee to you.

I still don't trust Sansa. She is an incredibly foolish person. I hope she doesn't betray Jon, at least not for LF of all peopleDead 

Maisie is just superb as Arya. She nails every sceneClap  Bran & Meera reach the Wall. Now please meet Jon (not for the u r  a Targ bitLOL but i want them to meet up so one more Stark family member returns home & is back with the family!)

W/o LSH what exactly is going to be the role of Berric? 

I wonder what crazy thing Euron is planning on doing in order to win over Cersei. But whatever it is, it will be worth watching LOL Jaime's face during the whole conversation LOLLOL Go Jaime. Just go away! You are so much more better than being Cersei's watchdog Dead What a waste of lifeOuch

Why did we need Sam to break into a secret room for him to know that Dragonstone has Dragonglass?Confused Davos is with Jon. Surely he would know. And D&D should really put up a warning when they are going to show bedpans filled with poopDead I was eating while watching it!!!!Dead Dead Dead

And finally freeloader Dany has landed in Westeroes. Every time I see this woman I want to seriously punch her in the faceAngry Good that she wasn't a major part of the episodeDead When will she die Day Dreaming
@bold,Completely agreeClap

@purple,If Sansa betrays Jon for LF then I will doob maro in chullu bhar paani for expecting anything from her.OuchLOL
However I think that D&D will not risk such a thing since the Stark reunion was well received.

@Blue, Maisie is damn awesome.She is talented to the core.After her is Bella who plays Lady MormontClap

@red,I guess it will be the horn which can control Dragons.Euron supposedly has it right?? It will give Cersei an upper hand over Dany.
Oh Jaime!!! When will he show a middle finger to Cersei??Angry Without Jaime and the Lannister forces,Cersei is a nobody.

@Green,That scene was pukeworthyDead D&D are sick man!!Dead

@pink,Completely disagree.LOLI love Dany like anything Day Dreaming
But then we can always have a difference of opinions on certain topics right???LOLLOL

Edited by --BlackSheep-- - 17 July 2017 at 11:29pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

The.LannisterSilentSilver

The.Lannister
The.Lannister

Posted: 17 July 2017 at 11:26pm | IP Logged

TBH in the show I think all the women are over glorified.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SilentSilver

Go to top