Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Game of Thrones CC #4 | :- Season 7 Premieres 16th July 2017 -: | (Page 81)

SilentSilver IF-Stunnerz
SilentSilver
SilentSilver

Posted: 17 July 2017 at 9:30am | IP Logged
Hey guys,
Not really a part of this CC, well mostly because I never knew that there was a GOT clan here and then I came across this place sometime back.
So yeah I just dropped in here to rant about how in the name of seven hells I loved the episode. Hope you guys don't mind.
so yeah the episode

I LOVED LOVED LOVED THE OPENING SCENE
A part of me was confused how is Walder Frey there, and if that was a flashback of some sorts. Bu then the speech started, and he refused that girl a drink and started talking about how they slaughtered the Starks and just then I knew that was my teenage ninja faceless assassin. The scen was such a brilliant start to the season.
The wolf comes for the sleep
The North remembers
My little wolf grew up to be the most badass of them all  Day Dreaming
I also loved her scene with Ed Shreeran and company [ but really what the f**k was that LOL]
When she got down from the horse, I half expected an attempt-to-rape-results-in-multiple-murder scene.  Because well its Got, but I am so glad that didn't happen.
I liked the fact that whereas they were soldier, Lannisters soldiers, they were also very ordinary men who were stuck in these never ending wars. That one guy kinda reminded me of hot-pie and I think it reminded Arya of the same too.
I also like that Arya spared those women, the men clearly wearing Lannister colors, even if she was perfectly capable of killing them. She might be an assassin, but she still is a Stark with morals.

Coming to Starks, I love that Jon and Sansa are actually communicating.
Also that Sansa is not trusting Littlefinger. Thank goodness.
When the scene started, I was more inclined towards Sansa's POV . But Then those kids came up and the sheer Jon'ness of the situation made me smile.

Also I kind of want to stand up and clap whenever Lyanna Mormont starts to speak. No kidding.

Them comes Jamie and the Hound. There two are characters which grew over me with time.
I loved how Jamie retorted back with '3 at the most' when Cersie kept talking about how she is the ruler of seven kingdoms.
The Hound,I felt so bad for him. Dude feels really guilty and well imagine him getting stuck with fire worshipers out of all people.

PLUS MY QUEEN IS BACK TO CLAIM HER HOME WITH  HER DRAGONS  Dancing

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

CaputDraconis--BlackSheep--The.Lannister

Inquisitivesoul IF-Sizzlerz
Inquisitivesoul
Inquisitivesoul

Posted: 17 July 2017 at 10:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ..FallAndFly..

https://gostream.is/film/game-of-thrones-season-7-21203/watching.html?ep=681938

^This works for me

Thank you SO much Big smile

Truly appreciate it.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..FallAndFly..

Inquisitivesoul IF-Sizzlerz
Inquisitivesoul
Inquisitivesoul

Posted: 17 July 2017 at 10:34am | IP Logged
Arya stood out for me in the first episode and so did Jon and Sansa's interactions.

I'm most intrigued by Sansa, I want her to remain loyal to Jon however to not lose her stance she has found the very very hard way.I have a bad feeling that it is leading to two swords in one sheath trouble. Little Finger won't hang around idle. Something's happening.

If everything becomes about fighting the dead then the internal conflicts don't leave much importance, does it?

With only 7 episodes this season, the pace is too slow for my liking.

All houses against the Night King is no fun as is the fight for the Throne.

Eventually it needs to be a fight for the Throne.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

..FallAndFly..devil_heart--BlackSheep--The.LannisterSilentSilver

Arwen. IF-Sizzlerz
Arwen.
Arwen.

Posted: 17 July 2017 at 1:51pm | IP Logged
Spoilers again

Anyone seen episode 2 preview? There seems to be a scene of a woman stabbing an unknown person but i cant figure out who she is...
Is it one of those Sand sisters? I finally recognised who Yara Greyjoy was kissing LOL

--BlackSheep--The.LannisterSilentSilver

CaputDraconis IF-Dazzler
CaputDraconis
CaputDraconis

Posted: 17 July 2017 at 2:30pm | IP Logged
Hi!  May I join this place?

Edited by CaputDraconis - 17 July 2017 at 2:30pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

--BlackSheep--The.Lannister

--BlackSheep-- IF-Sizzlerz
--BlackSheep--
--BlackSheep--

Posted: 17 July 2017 at 3:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SilentSilver

Hey guys,
Not really a part of this CC, well mostly because I never knew that there was a GOT clan here and then I came across this place sometime back.
So yeah I just dropped in here to rant about how in the name of seven hells I loved the episode. Hope you guys don't mind.
so yeah the episode

I LOVED LOVED LOVED THE OPENING SCENE
A part of me was confused how is Walder Frey there, and if that was a flashback of some sorts. Bu then the speech started, and he refused that girl a drink and started talking about how they slaughtered the Starks and just then I knew that was my teenage ninja faceless assassin. The scen was such a brilliant start to the season.
The wolf comes for the sleep
The North remembers
My little wolf grew up to be the most badass of them all  Day Dreaming
I also loved her scene with Ed Shreeran and company [ but really what the f**k was that LOL]

When she got down from the horse, I half expected an attempt-to-rape-results-in-multiple-murder scene.  Because well its Got, but I am so glad that didn't happen.
I liked the fact that whereas they were soldier, Lannisters soldiers, they were also very ordinary men who were stuck in these never ending wars. That one guy kinda reminded me of hot-pie and I think it reminded Arya of the same too.
I also like that Arya spared those women, the men clearly wearing Lannister colors, even if she was perfectly capable of killing them. She might be an assassin, but she still is a Stark with morals.

Coming to Starks, I love that Jon and Sansa are actually communicating.
Also that Sansa is not trusting Littlefinger. Thank goodness.
When the scene started, I was more inclined towards Sansa's POV . But Then those kids came up and the sheer Jon'ness of the situation made me smile.

Also I kind of want to stand up and clap whenever Lyanna Mormont starts to speak. No kidding.

Them comes Jamie and the Hound. There two are characters which grew over me with time.
I loved how Jamie retorted back with '3 at the most' when Cersie kept talking about how she is the ruler of seven kingdoms.
The Hound,I felt so bad for him. Dude feels really guilty and well imagine him getting stuck with fire worshipers out of all people.

PLUS MY QUEEN IS BACK TO CLAIM HER HOME WITH  HER DRAGONS  Dancing
@Blue,I guess that scene was meant for three purposes.
1.It was meant for the audience to know that Arya is heading towards King's Landing instead of Winterfell.

2.The soldiers fighting for the Lannister army are human beings at the end of the day.Not everyone is a rapist or psychopath.

3.It was meant to show that Arya has her humanity and soul intact.She is merciless towards those who have wronged others but she also recognises benevolence.This scene in a way put rest to the speculations that Arya is the new Lady Stoneheart.

@bold,Completely agree about Jaime and the Hound.ClapBoth of them are pretty  similar to each other.Both are tragic characters and gravely misunderstood.They are constantly haunted by the demons of their past.Perhaps this War will give them their much deserved redemption and dignity.

@purple,At first even I was inclined towards Sansa's POV.But after putting in a lot of thought I realised that Jon was right alk along.Sansa's thinking is somewhat influenced by Cersei.Not completely but the influence is there.Cersei wishes to retain her power at any cost.But is she a good ruler?? Certainly not.Jon is thinking from the POV of a true ruler.There are two traits of a good ruler.One is that he has to protect his subjects at any cost and the other is that he must look after them and make sure that justice is served.

@Red,HELL YEAH!! SHE IS HOMECool Even without uttering a single word Daenerys made me feel for her.There is a certain power and aura in every scene of hers.

CaputDraconisThe.LannisterSilentSilver

CaputDraconis IF-Dazzler
CaputDraconis
CaputDraconis

Posted: 17 July 2017 at 3:16pm | IP Logged
Is it just me who doesn't like the over-glorification of Sansa? I think Arya and Jon are better suited to deal with internecine realpolitik in the GoTverse than her. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

--BlackSheep--devil_heartThe.LannisterSilentSilver

--BlackSheep-- IF-Sizzlerz
--BlackSheep--
--BlackSheep--

Posted: 17 July 2017 at 3:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by CaputDraconis

Is it just me who doesn't like the over-glorification of Sansa? I think Arya and Jon are better suited to deal with internecine realpolitik in the GoTverse than her. 
Hey JazHugGreat to see you here.Embarrassed
Now throughout my entire journey with ASOIAF and GOT,I have maintained mixed feelings for Sansa's character.I view the characters in the books different from their show counterparts.

In the books,I don't have any feelings for Sansa and neither am I connected to her.IMO Book Sansa hardly had any character development.Infact at a point I disliked the Sansa in the books.

However when it comes to the show,I have a different opinion.
In the initial seasons I admit I thought she was no better than her book counterpart.However in the later seasons I began to soften up towards her.Sansa in the show had more character development than Book Sansa ever had.In the later seasons Sansa actually grew as a character who understood the reality of the world and who understood the importance and value of her family.She also knows the political game now.Therefore I respect and like Sansa now.

But then I also believe that Sansa doesn't have the farsightedness which is required from a leader.She has the qualities of an advisor for sure.But Jon is the one who has the vision of a leader.In the present scenario Sansa is to Jon what Tyrion is to Daenerys.

Now coming to Arya,I always had a special soft corner for this girl and I always will.She is one of the most intriguing characters ever.Arya was younger than Sansa and Arya's struggles were greater than Sansa's.Yet Arya not only survived but also thrived.I cannot comment on Arya's political acumen since we have never seen her play the GOT directly.However she does have great diplomatic skills which is visible in her scenes with Tywin.

Edited by --BlackSheep-- - 17 July 2017 at 3:43pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

CaputDraconisdevil_heartThe.LannisterSilentSilver

Go to top