Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Game of Thrones CC #4 | :- Season 7 Premieres 16th July 2017 -: | (Page 59)

.Rinnie. IF-Rockerz
.Rinnie.
.Rinnie.

Posted: 15 June 2016 at 3:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ..HowRude..

ALSO, all that business with the faceless people? Arya was taught to be herself? what? LOL I am kinda disappointed ! 

The entire concept of Faceless Men is sorta messed up in the show, it's a bit more different in the books and Arya actually learns quite a bit of skill with her time with them. In the show though... I dunno what they are doing. 
The faceless men are supposed to be this society of assassins who follow pretty strict rules regarding how they kill people, their fee for killing is quite high and also they make it look like an accident and not outright murder (on contrary to how the show has shown their killings so far). In the books, I don't think we ever find out if it was Jaquen who carried out Arya's three kills, that's how secretive they are with their killings.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.Dracarys.The.Lannistertrolldemort.

daenerysnow Goldie
daenerysnow
daenerysnow

Posted: 17 June 2016 at 2:37pm | IP Logged
Whatup folks
Aint seen last 2 eps otherwise pretty caught up.
Random comment- I dont care for the extreme feminist wave that the show is propounding via its female leads (e.g Sansa's rise which I dont care for one bit, it all seems too contrived).. why cant there ever be a healthy balance?
Though I feel like the only character who could really pull it off in a twisted sort of way is Cersei- shes so effortless, she doesnt need to do very much to make you root for her inspite of your better sense, all thanks to Lena Headey.
I feel characters like Bronn/Sandor provide that very much respite akin to a 'Fight Club' mindset where men are reevaluating their role in a society that is increasingly being dominated by women where men are becoming emasculated as a result of this obsession with feminine power which frankly is becoming too repetitive and overused as a storyline.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

The.Lannister

The.Lannister IF-Stunnerz
The.Lannister
The.Lannister

Posted: 18 June 2016 at 8:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by daenerysnow

Whatup folks
Aint seen last 2 eps otherwise pretty caught up.
Random comment- I dont care for the extreme feminist wave that the show is propounding via its female leads (e.g Sansa's rise which I dont care for one bit, it all seems too contrived).. why cant there ever be a healthy balance?
Though I feel like the only character who could really pull it off in a twisted sort of way is Cersei- shes so effortless, she doesnt need to do very much to make you root for her inspite of your better sense, all thanks to Lena Headey.
I feel characters like Bronn/Sandor provide that very much respite akin to a 'Fight Club' mindset where men are reevaluating their role in a society that is increasingly being dominated by women where men are becoming emasculated as a result of this obsession with feminine power which frankly is becoming too repetitive and overused as a storyline.

Hey Dany

@bold: I said the exact same thing a few days ago! In order to make the women seem all powerful they have reduced the male characters to mere puppets. Its a trend if you see:

Sansa - Jon (and maybe LF tooShockedLOL)
Sand Snakes - Doran/ Trystane
Cersei - Jaime
Gilly - Sam
Dany - Tyrion
Asha - Theon
Margery - Tommen
Olenna - Tywin (yes they didnt even spare Tywin, the most egotistical man in the 7 Kindgoms)
Arya - Jaqen

Cersei can pull it off because she is the Queen after all. That position itself comes with a lot of power so yeah she can certainly get a lot of stuff done which would otherwise seem impossible to any other woman or even man

daenerysnow

The.Lannister IF-Stunnerz
The.Lannister
The.Lannister

Posted: 18 June 2016 at 8:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Rinnie.

This entire season has been nothing but fillers, I think other than Sansa-Jon reunion, Hodor reveal and Benjen Stark return, there hasn't been anything worth while to watch. I actually forgot there was an episode this week when usually I get up at the crack of dawn to torrent it LOL Which is just a statement to how boring they have made this season. 

Yup, She did! I thought I was the only one who got reminded of Catelyn in that scene. Also that actress who plays Lady Crane is really quite brilliant, She has an aussie show called Miss.Fisher's Murder Mysteries which is just superb. I would have liked to see her on the cast of GoT. 
Arya's entire FM track was a waste truly, I can't believe she was stupid enough to get knifed in board daylight and then somehow she managed to walk all the way to the stage area bleeding half to death. Even more ridiculous was the entire Mission Impossible style escape she did jumping from windows and tumbling down cold stone hard steps without nothing more than her stitches opening up LOL
Well, atleast she is out of FM. I guess this season will end with her leaving back to Westros.

I agree. Brotherhood without Banner's is just useless without LSH or the entire Jamie-Brienne capture track. I guess they are just trying to get all characters together but for what? God knows. 
Which reminds me, Gendry? LOL They could have reintroduced him instead, atleast the Gendry-Arya fans could rejoice.

I think they are going with Varys book plot where he goes to gather allies or something.

I think Lancel is going to be alive till the trail so Jaime would find out about Cersei sleeping with him I guess? But then again I really doubt they will ever go down Jaime's book plot, I have sorta lost all hope now. His major turning point had come during the riverrun arc itself when he refused to return to Cersei but rather went with Brienne.

Actually, the Blackfish does abandon Riverrun and I think he escapes again to north. I mean that's the smartest thing to do when your obviously gonna end up dead if you stay, better to live to fight another day then die for no reason. The Tully words are Family, Duty, Honor and Sansa is his ONLY family at the moment. 
But I am so disappointed by his death, Like what the hell was that? Why do D&D kill off all the good strategic and brilliant warriors? First Ser Selmy Baristan, then Stannis and now Backfish. What's even more so sad is they all died for stupid reasons. I mean these are men who have survived worse and made it out, I doubt they would take such stupid decisions that will end with them dead.

@Varys: I wonder whom he is going to meet though. With Dorne gone since no Trystane or Quentyn & with Aegon never cast whom can Varys seek an alliance with? Any guesses? The Golden Company maybe? But I think its a little too late for all that now. Lets see.

@Jaime: They have totally skipped the valonguar part in the prophecyAngry So yeah Jaime might just kill Cersei for being unfaithfulSleepy no back story, no disappointment, no slow descent into madness neededSleepy

D&D hate men in general I thinkLOL They cannot stand strong male characters. The true strong ones are dead or never introduced (Jon Connington!) while the ones remaining have been turned into utter pansies who dance to their women's tunesLOL 

daenerysnow

trolldemort. IF-Stunnerz
trolldemort.
trolldemort.

Posted: 20 June 2016 at 1:29am | IP Logged
That was the most satisfying hour of television ever. I didn't think this show could get any better. I was wrong. It did!

The.Lannister

trolldemort. IF-Stunnerz
trolldemort.
trolldemort.

Posted: 20 June 2016 at 1:35am | IP Logged

The.Lannister

daenerysnow Goldie
daenerysnow
daenerysnow

Posted: 20 June 2016 at 7:29am | IP Logged
Was that Lancel walking from the dark into an arena?!
Mountain v Lancel?!

The.Lannister

daenerysnow Goldie
daenerysnow
daenerysnow

Posted: 20 June 2016 at 7:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by The.Lannister

Originally posted by .Rinnie.

This entire season has been nothing but fillers, I think other than Sansa-Jon reunion, Hodor reveal and Benjen Stark return, there hasn't been anything worth while to watch. I actually forgot there was an episode this week when usually I get up at the crack of dawn to torrent it LOL Which is just a statement to how boring they have made this season. 

Yup, She did! I thought I was the only one who got reminded of Catelyn in that scene. Also that actress who plays Lady Crane is really quite brilliant, She has an aussie show called Miss.Fisher's Murder Mysteries which is just superb. I would have liked to see her on the cast of GoT. 
Arya's entire FM track was a waste truly, I can't believe she was stupid enough to get knifed in board daylight and then somehow she managed to walk all the way to the stage area bleeding half to death. Even more ridiculous was the entire Mission Impossible style escape she did jumping from windows and tumbling down cold stone hard steps without nothing more than her stitches opening up LOL
Well, atleast she is out of FM. I guess this season will end with her leaving back to Westros.

I agree. Brotherhood without Banner's is just useless without LSH or the entire Jamie-Brienne capture track. I guess they are just trying to get all characters together but for what? God knows. 
Which reminds me, Gendry? LOL They could have reintroduced him instead, atleast the Gendry-Arya fans could rejoice.

I think they are going with Varys book plot where he goes to gather allies or something.

I think Lancel is going to be alive till the trail so Jaime would find out about Cersei sleeping with him I guess? But then again I really doubt they will ever go down Jaime's book plot, I have sorta lost all hope now. His major turning point had come during the riverrun arc itself when he refused to return to Cersei but rather went with Brienne.

Actually, the Blackfish does abandon Riverrun and I think he escapes again to north. I mean that's the smartest thing to do when your obviously gonna end up dead if you stay, better to live to fight another day then die for no reason. The Tully words are Family, Duty, Honor and Sansa is his ONLY family at the moment. 
But I am so disappointed by his death, Like what the hell was that? Why do D&D kill off all the good strategic and brilliant warriors? First Ser Selmy Baristan, then Stannis and now Backfish. What's even more so sad is they all died for stupid reasons. I mean these are men who have survived worse and made it out, I doubt they would take such stupid decisions that will end with them dead.

@Varys: I wonder whom he is going to meet though. With Dorne gone since no Trystane or Quentyn & with Aegon never cast whom can Varys seek an alliance with? Any guesses? The Golden Company maybe? But I think its a little too late for all that now. Lets see.

@Jaime: They have totally skipped the valonguar part in the prophecyAngry So yeah Jaime might just kill Cersei for being unfaithfulSleepy no back story, no disappointment, no slow descent into madness neededSleepy

D&D hate men in general I thinkLOL They cannot stand strong male characters. The true strong ones are dead or never introduced (Jon Connington!) while the ones remaining have been turned into utter pansies who dance to their women's tunesLOL 

AGREED!!LOL
Further to that any trace of masculine strength and assertion remains only through the more villainous characters be that Ramsay, Joffrey and now Euron and we know they dont last long

The.Lannister

Go to top