Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Game of Thrones CC #4 | :- Season 7 Premieres 16th July 2017 -: | (Page 20)

The.Lannister IF-Stunnerz
The.Lannister
The.Lannister

Posted: 05 May 2016 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nikki1211

and here i used to think that the only reason why Jaime had become a member of Kingsguard was so that he could legitimately live so very near to Cersei...and his children too. (NO NO! Jaime joined the KG for Cersei & Cersei alone. The problem is that Aerys could have refused him but instead of doing that he accepted Jaime into the KG thus making sure he never inherited Casterly Rock from Tywin.)

also considering a kingsguard has to remain celibate there wouldnt have been any pressure on Jaime to marry someone else...(Joanna had wanted Cersei to marry Oberyn & Jaime to marry Elia as she was friends with their mother. When Joanna passed away Oberyn & Elia came to Casterly Rock with their mother who reminded Tywin of Joanna's wishes but Tywin declined her offer. He offered to marry Elia to Tyrion who was a new born baby then. The Martells left soon after that & later on Elia married Rhaegar. Tywin had almost fixed Jaime's marriage to Lysa Tully, Cat's sister but Cersei heard about this & seduced Jaime into taking the KG so he could be with her the whole time (as during those days Tywin was hand of King & Cersei was staying with him in King's Landing). Jaime took the KG & Tywin quit as Hand & left King's Landing with Cersei so once again the brother sister were separated with Jaime in King's Landing & Cersei at Casterly Rock)

i never knew he was forced to become one...

this is why one must also read the books...

finally done with both the episode of the season...seems like a good start...

i always wanted Danaerys to have an unequivocal victory over the dothrakis so that her title of Khaleesi remained unchallenged...but never expected GoT to pull an Ishq ka rang safed...lol..

Edited by The.Lannister - 05 May 2016 at 12:30pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nikki1211trolldemort.TheRager

mary78613 IF-Sizzlerz
mary78613
mary78613

Posted: 05 May 2016 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
FINALLY found a GoT chatclub! I was wondering why there isn't a separate forum for GoT like that of Supernatural, Vampire diaries and Arrow.
Hi everybody! Can I join the discussions? 

daenerysnow.Dracarys.The.Lannister

The.Lannister
The.Lannister

Posted: 05 May 2016 at 10:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mary78613

FINALLY found a GoT chatclub! I was wondering why there isn't a separate forum for GoT like that of Supernatural, Vampire diaries and Arrow.
Hi everybody! Can I join the discussions? 

Hi. Of course you canSmile Welcome to the CC

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mary78613

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 06 May 2016 at 12:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by The.Lannister

Originally posted by MrsKhan

Wow! Thanks for the buzzfeed links. Interesting theories! I just started watchinh GoT so two questions:
1. Why did Tywin want all Targaryens killed? Also did he order the rape and murder of Elia? 
2. If Melisandre could revive the dead why didnt she use her powers earlier especially to revive Stannis' army?

1) Tywin did not want all the Targ's killed initially. Actually he once openly supported Rhaegar when Aerys had managed to get himself kidnapped. He wished to see Cersei married to Rhaegar but Aerys turned him down insulting him by saying that a servant's daughter is not fit for a Prince. Later on Aerys also inducted Jaime, Tywin's heir, into the Kingsguard. Tywin never forgave Aerys for both these things.

Robert rebelled against the Targ rule because Rhaegar kidnapped his betrothed. Now for him to become the King every possible claimant to the throne needs to die i.e. every Targ needs to die. When Robert rebelled Tywin remained neutral. He didn't go to help Aerys as was expected of him but he joined Robert's side towards the very end when Baratheon victory was assured. Hence to prove his loyalty (as he had joined only at the very end) he ordered the murder of Rhaegar's children & wife. As he tells Tyrion he did not specify how they should be killed & hence Gregor Clegane & Amory Lorch killed them how they saw fit i.e. Amory Lorch killed the girl by stabbing her while Gregor went on to rape Elia & bashed her son's & her head against the walls. To quote Tywin Clegane raped Elia because Tywin didn't ask him not to otherwise Elia was really not important & hence her death as well was unnecessary

2) Jon is a warg. Meli was able to save Jon because he is believed to have warged into ghost. The rules of resurrection are not yet clear since Jon hasn't been revived in the books yet. D&D may or may not explain in the later episodes. Lets see. But sometimes a resurrection requires a sacrifice...like Berric Dondarion gave up his life to revive Cat in the books & popular fan theories think Meli will kill Shireen to revive Jon. Mass resurrections are not possible due to the same reasons.

Looks like you have read the books. I have to google several things from your reply.LOLShireen is already dead though isnt she? Burnt alive? Also they havent shown Jon is a warg yet have they?

Another question is despite the problem with the Martells why does Tyrion send Marcella to Dorne for her safety? I mean what happened at the end of S5 could have happened any time with the history with Elia. Wouldnt she have been safer at Kings Landing or Castle Black?

The.Lannister

The.Lannister
The.Lannister

Posted: 06 May 2016 at 2:02am | IP Logged

Looks like you have read the books. I have to google several things from your reply.LOLShireen is already dead though isnt she? Burnt alive? Also they havent shown Jon is a warg yet have they?

Another question is despite the problem with the Martells why does Tyrion send Marcella to Dorne for her safety? I mean what happened at the end of S5 could have happened any time with the history with Elia. Wouldnt she have been safer at Kings Landing or Castle Black?

Yes I have read the booksEmbarrassed

In the show Shireen is dead. When I said theories suggest Meli will burn Shireen to revive Jon I was talking about the books not the show. And all the Stark children are wargs. Jon is 100% a warg in the books. In the show IDK

Elia happened 15 years ago. For the past 15 years Dorne has been silent & hence Tyrion isnt completely wrong (like almost everyone else...even the Dornish) in believing that Doran has decided to forget about what happened to Elia & her children. He has no way of knowing that Doran has not forgotten & is just waiting for the right time to strike.

Also when Tyrion decides to send Myrcella to Dorne he is giving her up as hostage yes, but at the same time he invites Doran (who everyone thinks is meek) to join the Small Council. Hence in return of an unimportant hostage like Myrcella (women do not inherit the throne & Myrcella is only important to Cersei & as a symbol of Lannister pride) he gains a very important hostage like Doran. On the surface its all civil with Myrcella going to marry & Doran coming to be a part of the Council but in reality it is an exchange of hostages since during that time almost every single House (except Martell) was rebelling against Joffrey & Tyrion needed any support he could get ASAP.

Westeroes has 7 major houses: Stark, Arryn, Lannister, Tyrell, Tully, Baratheon, Martell. At that time the Starks, Tullys were united under Robb, Renly had the Tyrells by his side through his marriage with Margery, Arryn's loyalty was unknown but Lysa was Cat's sister & one would assume would side with the Stark. Only the Lannisters remained with Joff. Now by wedding Myrcella to Dorne he brought Dorne to his side & offering a place to Doran on the small council he ensured her safety in Dorne. Ofc later life happened, Doran sent Oberyn instead of him, Oberyn challenged the Mountain & got killed foolishly & all hell broke loose.

Tyrion wasn't looking out for her safety then, he was looking at how much value she would have in gaining allies. Also, Castle Black belongs to the Night's Watch & there are no women allowed there.

Edited by The.Lannister - 06 May 2016 at 2:07am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nikki1211TheRager

Get-Lost IF-Sizzlerz
Get-Lost
Get-Lost

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 06 May 2016 at 2:29am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Sweet_Desires

Originally posted by Sweet_Desires

I have a question- Why do guys think that the dragons didn't harm Tyrion? This was the first time Tyrion was meeting them and as he had asked Melinda that dragons won't harm anyone if they know you very well. 

I doubt D&D will actually bother explaining how or why Tyrion wasn't burnt alive by the dragons. But there is one very popular fan theory (which I personally hate) which says that Tyrion is a secret Targaryen...the son of Joanna Lannister & the Mad King. So the Targ blood in him gives him a close connection with the dragons & hence they do not burn him. D&D might show this angle...Dead 

Or we might just have to settle for "dragons are clever"

I think they just might. When I read this theory, I thought that Martin himself hinted something about this in one of his novels. I am not sure because I haven't read the books. Is it true? 

In the books Tyrion is said to have hair which are so blonde that they appear white & then he has one black eye & one green. Both these things are taken by many people as "hints' that lead them to think that Tyrion is a secret Targ especially since he is so fascinated with dragons.

In the books Tyrion is nowhere near the dragons. It is Quentyn, Doran Martell's son who releases the dragons accidentally & gets burnt to death in the process. Also, if Tywin had suspected for even a single moment that Tyrion was not his son he would have had him killed. It is well known that Tywin has little love for Tyrion since he finds him an embarrassment to the Lannister name. Tywin allowing Tyrion to live means that Tywin was 100% that Tyrion is his son. Also the time when Joanna got pregnant with Tyrion...Aerys was nowhere near her. 

Why do you hate this theory? I know, fans somehow end up declaring that everyone is a Targaryen. Even Jon Snow is half Targ. OuchLOL 
I searched on google after your reply and found that Quentyn thought that his Targaryen ancestry would help him taming the dragon. It didn't work. Even if we consider Tyrion to be a Targaryn, this doesn't help explain why he wasn't burned alive. Of course,  D&D can get away with any illogicality because it's their show and book 6 is not out yet to counter them.

PS. Can I know your name?Big smile

Edited by Sweet_Desires - 06 May 2016 at 2:28am

The.Lannister

.Dracarys. IF-Rockerz

Posted: 06 May 2016 at 7:47am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

FabAahanamary78613The.Lannister

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 06 May 2016 at 8:11am | IP Logged

Yes I have read the booksEmbarrassed

In the show Shireen is dead. When I said theories suggest Meli will burn Shireen to revive Jon I was talking about the books not the show. And all the Stark children are wargs. Jon is 100% a warg in the books. In the show IDK

Elia happened 15 years ago. For the past 15 years Dorne has been silent & hence Tyrion isnt completely wrong (like almost everyone else...even the Dornish) in believing that Doran has decided to forget about what happened to Elia & her children. He has no way of knowing that Doran has not forgotten & is just waiting for the right time to strike.

Also when Tyrion decides to send Myrcella to Dorne he is giving her up as hostage yes, but at the same time he invites Doran (who everyone thinks is meek) to join the Small Council. Hence in return of an unimportant hostage like Myrcella (women do not inherit the throne & Myrcella is only important to Cersei & as a symbol of Lannister pride) he gains a very important hostage like Doran. On the surface its all civil with Myrcella going to marry & Doran coming to be a part of the Council but in reality it is an exchange of hostages since during that time almost every single House (except Martell) was rebelling against Joffrey & Tyrion needed any support he could get ASAP.

Westeroes has 7 major houses: Stark, Arryn, Lannister, Tyrell, Tully, Baratheon, Martell. At that time the Starks, Tullys were united under Robb, Renly had the Tyrells by his side through his marriage with Margery, Arryn's loyalty was unknown but Lysa was Cat's sister & one would assume would side with the Stark. Only the Lannisters remained with Joff. Now by wedding Myrcella to Dorne he brought Dorne to his side & offering a place to Doran on the small council he ensured her safety in Dorne. Ofc later life happened, Doran sent Oberyn instead of him, Oberyn challenged the Mountain & got killed foolishly & all hell broke loose.

Tyrion wasn't looking out for her safety then, he was looking at how much value she would have in gaining allies. Also, Castle Black belongs to the Night's Watch & there are no women allowed there.
They don't show the Stark children as wargs in the show do they? Apart from Bran? Robb is kinda hinted at? 
No for Marcella I mean the Lannisters seat. I think it is Casterly Rock? 

The.Lannister

Go to top