Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Game of Thrones CC #4 | :- Season 7 Premieres 16th July 2017 -: | (Page 19)

trolldemort. IF-Stunnerz
trolldemort.
trolldemort.

Posted: 05 May 2016 at 12:53am | IP Logged
Buzzfeed is killing me ! 
https://www.buzzfeed.com/jennaguillaume/tyrion-targaryen?utm_term=.kgdYbpRdP#.iyPy2bPxd

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.Dracarys.The.Lannister

Get-Lost IF-Sizzlerz
Get-Lost
Get-Lost

Jedi of CC

Posted: 05 May 2016 at 2:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by The.Lannister

Originally posted by Sweet_Desires

I have a question- Why do guys think that the dragons didn't harm Tyrion? This was the first time Tyrion was meeting them and as he had asked Melinda that dragons won't harm anyone if they know you very well. 

I doubt D&D will actually bother explaining how or why Tyrion wasn't burnt alive by the dragons. But there is one very popular fan theory (which I personally hate) which says that Tyrion is a secret Targaryen...the son of Joanna Lannister & the Mad King. So the Targ blood in him gives him a close connection with the dragons & hence they do not burn him. D&D might show this angle...Dead 

Or we might just have to settle for "dragons are clever"

I think they just might. When I read this theory, I thought that Martin himself hinted something about this in one of his novels. I am not sure because I haven't read the books. Is it true? 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

The.Lannister

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 05 May 2016 at 2:21am | IP Logged
Wow! Thanks for the buzzfeed links. Interesting theories! I just started watchinh GoT so two questions:
1. Why did Tywin want all Targaryens killed? Also did he order the rape and murder of Elia? 
2. If Melisandre could revive the dead why didnt she use her powers earlier especially to revive Stannis' army?

The.Lannister

trolldemort. IF-Stunnerz
trolldemort.
trolldemort.

Posted: 05 May 2016 at 3:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MrsKhan

Wow! Thanks for the buzzfeed links. Interesting theories! I just started watchinh GoT so two questions:
1. Why did Tywin want all Targaryens killed? Also did he order the rape and murder of Elia? 
2. If Melisandre could revive the dead why didnt she use her powers earlier especially to revive Stannis' army?

This might give you an idea of Tywin's background :) 

The.LannisterTheRager

The.Lannister IF-Stunnerz
The.Lannister
The.Lannister

Posted: 05 May 2016 at 10:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ..HowRude..

This got me thinking ! 
https://www.buzzfeed.com/andyneuenschwander/this-game-of-thrones-fan-theory-might-explain-why-hodor-is-h

Yes even I read this theory this morning. It is quite an interesting one.
The.Lannister
The.Lannister

Posted: 05 May 2016 at 10:34am | IP Logged

Originally posted by The.Lannister

I have a question- Why do guys think that the dragons didn't harm Tyrion? This was the first time Tyrion was meeting them and as he had asked Melinda that dragons won't harm anyone if they know you very well. 

I doubt D&D will actually bother explaining how or why Tyrion wasn't burnt alive by the dragons. But there is one very popular fan theory (which I personally hate) which says that Tyrion is a secret Targaryen...the son of Joanna Lannister & the Mad King. So the Targ blood in him gives him a close connection with the dragons & hence they do not burn him. D&D might show this angle...Dead 

Or we might just have to settle for "dragons are clever"

I think they just might. When I read this theory, I thought that Martin himself hinted something about this in one of his novels. I am not sure because I haven't read the books. Is it true? 

In the books Tyrion is said to have hair which are so blonde that they appear white & then he has one black eye & one green. Both these things are taken by many people as "hints' that lead them to think that Tyrion is a secret Targ especially since he is so fascinated with dragons.

In the books Tyrion is nowhere near the dragons. It is Quentyn, Doran Martell's son who releases the dragons accidentally & gets burnt to death in the process. Also, if Tywin had suspected for even a single moment that Tyrion was not his son he would have had him killed. It is well known that Tywin has little love for Tyrion since he finds him an embarrassment to the Lannister name. Tywin allowing Tyrion to live means that Tywin was 100% that Tyrion is his son. Also the time when Joanna got pregnant with Tyrion...Aerys was nowhere near her. 

nikki1211

The.Lannister
The.Lannister

Posted: 05 May 2016 at 10:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MrsKhan

1) Tywin did not want all the Targ's killed initially. Actually he once openly supported Rhaegar when Aerys had managed to get himself kidnapped. He wished to see Cersei married to Rhaegar but Aerys turned him down insulting him by saying that a servant's daughter is not fit for a Prince. Later on Aerys also inducted Jaime, Tywin's heir, into the Kingsguard. Tywin never forgave Aerys for both these things.

Robert rebelled against the Targ rule because Rhaegar kidnapped his betrothed. Now for him to become the King every possible claimant to the throne needs to die i.e. every Targ needs to die. When Robert rebelled Tywin remained neutral. He didn't go to help Aerys as was expected of him but he joined Robert's side towards the very end when Baratheon victory was assured. Hence to prove his loyalty (as he had joined only at the very end) he ordered the murder of Rhaegar's children & wife. As he tells Tyrion he did not specify how they should be killed & hence Gregor Clegane & Amory Lorch killed them how they saw fit i.e. Amory Lorch killed the girl by stabbing her while Gregor went on to rape Elia & bashed her son's & her head against the walls. To quote Tywin Clegane raped Elia because Tywin didn't ask him not to otherwise Elia was really not important & hence her death as well was unnecessary

2) Jon is a warg. Meli was able to save Jon because he is believed to have warged into ghost. The rules of resurrection are not yet clear since Jon hasn't been revived in the books yet. D&D may or may not explain in the later episodes. Lets see. But sometimes a resurrection requires a sacrifice...like Berric Dondarion gave up his life to revive Cat in the books & popular fan theories think Meli will kill Shireen to revive Jon. Mass resurrections are not possible due to the same reasons.

Edited by The.Lannister - 05 May 2016 at 11:02am

nikki1211TheRager

nikki1211 Goldie
nikki1211
nikki1211

Posted: 05 May 2016 at 12:04pm | IP Logged
and here i used to think that the only reason why Jaime had become a member of Kingsguard was so that he could legitimately live so very near to Cersei...and his children too.

also considering a kingsguard has to remain celibate there wouldnt have been any pressure on Jaime to marry someone else...

i never knew he was forced to become one...

this is why one must also read the books...

finally done with both the episodes of the season...seems like a good start...

i always wanted Danaerys to have an unequivocal victory over the dothrakis so that her title of Khaleesi remained unchallenged...but never expected GoT to pull an Ishq ka rang safed...lol..

Edited by nikki1211 - 06 May 2016 at 11:18am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

The.Lannistertrolldemort.TheRager

Go to top