Meri Awaaz Hi Pehchaan Hai

TOI:Eijaz Khan seeks inspiration from Raj Kapoor,Bhansali for his show

vyoman IF-Sizzlerz
vyoman
vyoman

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 6:00am | IP Logged

Eijaz Khan seeks inspiration from Raj Kapoor, Bhansali for his show

PTI | Apr 22, 2016, 01.17 PM IST
Popular television actor Eijaz Khan, who plays a director in the popular show "Meri Awaaz Hi Pehchaan Hai", has taken inspiration from noted filmmakers Raj Kapoor and Sanjay Leela Bhansali to get into the skin of his character.

In the show "Meri Awaaz Hi Pehchaan Hai" Eijaz plays a director named Vikrant Khanna.

"My character Vikrant Khanna is arrogant, successful and very unapologetic about the women in his life and in love with is work. Since the show has a musical backdrop, I am trying to bring in a little bit of Raj Kapoor and Sanjay Leela Bhansali," Eijaz told PTI.

"In terms of mannerisms the show is based in the 80s and I look forward to Raj Kapoor and Shekhar Kapoor in context to my look. That's the reason why I have chosen for a bearded look," he said.

'Meri Awaaz Hi Pehchaan Hai' is about two sisters and their bitter-sweet relationship that turns into rivalry.

It revolves around siblings Kalyani and Ketki, for whom music means the world. They share a soulful bond but drift apart so much that the distances cannot be bridged.

Noted actresses Deepti Naval (Kalyani) and Zarina Wahab (Ketki) have been signed on to play the older generation of the singers while Amrita Rao and Aditi Vasudev respectively will play the younger generation part.

The show clearly states that it's a work of fiction.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top