India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Maddy (Page 2)

guftagoo IF-Rockerz
guftagoo
guftagoo

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 8:21am | IP Logged
I had a solid crush on his Kartik (Alaipayuthey) and Indira (Kannathil muthamittal) . Day Dreaming One of the most charming heroes of MR ever.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cricketfan1

2RsFan IF-Stunnerz
2RsFan
2RsFan

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 8:27am | IP Logged
For the same reason other south actors failed - looks 
Shanak_Fan Goldie
Shanak_Fan
Shanak_Fan

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 8:32am | IP Logged
Bollywood is heavily biased towards North Indian actors.Actors like Kamal Hassan and Rajnikant couldn't be as successful like Amitabh Bachhan.Till today there's hardly any south indian actor who is successful in Bollywood.

The reasons are many.Their accent,their skin color(I am not being racist,I am a south indian myself).

I remember after RHTDM released,Maddy was criticized for his looks.People called him fat,ugly and dark.

South indian actors and actresses are always stereotyped in Bollywood.Bollywood can accept Katrina kaif who didn't knew hindi nor acting because she is hot and sexy.But it can't accept a talented south indian actor/actress.The North-South divide is always there.

Even Dhanush got a movie like Shamitabh after giving a mindblowing performance in Raanjhna.During Raanjhna,many people criticized him for his looks.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cricketfan1pallavi25

pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 8:43am | IP Logged
Absolutely! Hes the most underrated actor! Hes so charming and has such an endearing screen presence!
Loved him in RHTDM, RDB, TWM, TWMR,  3 Idiots, even that thriller flick, 13 B.
Wish he would get more roles in Hindi movies.

cricketfan1

guftagoo IF-Rockerz
guftagoo
guftagoo

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 8:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shanak_Fan

Bollywood is heavily biased towards North Indian actors.Actors like Kamal Hassan and Rajnikant couldn't be as successful like Amitabh Bachhan.Till today there's hardly any south indian actor who is successful in Bollywood.
</div>
The reasons are many.Their accent,their skin color(I am not being racist,I am a south indian myself).

I remember after RHTDM released,Maddy was criticized for his looks.People called him fat,ugly and dark.

South indian actors and actresses are always stereotyped in Bollywood.Bollywood can accept Katrina kaif who didn't knew hindi nor acting because she is hot and sexy.But it can't accept a talented south indian actor/actress.The North-South divide is always there.

<div>Even Dhanush got a movie like Shamitabh after giving a mindblowing performance in Raanjhna.During Raanjhna,many people criticized him for his looks.

Deepika Padukone is a South Indian. Back then, Sri devi, hema malini, Waheeda rahman, vijayanthimala all were south Indians. Though Dhanush was earlier criticized for his looks, people weren't stingy in their praise for him after Raanjhana. It's just the south indian heroes don't try so hard to make it in Bollywood. If a movie flops, they don't bother sticking around.

Edited by Kaapi - 22 April 2016 at 8:47am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Piyatrixraj80Sugar9.00pallavi25

Piyatrix IF-Sizzlerz
Piyatrix
Piyatrix

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 8:54am | IP Logged
Lol I thought the thread is about ex mod Maddy.
@deathstroke : not really if looks were the only criteria 2 biggest stars Amitabh and Shah Rukh wouldn't be what they are, Madhavan is better looking then both. Agree with Kaapi, none of them really tried hard in bollywood since they were already established stars in their industries.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cricketfan1guftagoo

cricketfan1 IF-Dazzler
cricketfan1
cricketfan1

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 9:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by reams

Anyonelse who thinks Madhavan should have done a lot more HIndi films, especially after RHTDM...such charming screen presenceSmile

Agree 100%...He is the most charming actor I have ever seen...Even when he is sharing the screen with the likes of Aamir, his screen presence is amazing...His special appearance in RDB is one of the best impactful characters of the movie...and that is because of the way Madhavan played it...

His old tamil classic 'Alaypayuthe' is still in the top 10 most romantic Indian movies...

Edited by cricketfan1 - 22 April 2016 at 9:00am

pallavi25

raj80 IF-Sizzlerz
raj80
raj80

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 9:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kaapi

Originally posted by Shanak_Fan

</div>

<div>Even Dhanush got a movie like Shamitabh after giving a mindblowing performance in Raanjhna.During Raanjhna,many people criticized him for his looks.

Deepika Padukone is a South Indian. Back then, Sri devi, hema malini, Waheeda rahman, vijayanthimala all were south Indians. Though Dhanush was earlier criticized for his looks, people weren't stingy in their praise for him after Raanjhana. It's just the south indian heroes don't try so hard to make it in Bollywood. If a movie flops, they don't bother sticking around.
agree...

guftagoo

Go to top