Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rightful_Life thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Bollywood is heavily biased towards North Indian actors.Actors like Kamal Hassan and Rajnikant couldn't be as successful like Amitabh Bachhan.Till today there's hardly any south indian actor who is successful in Bollywood.

The reasons are many.Their accent,their skin color(I am not being racist,I am a south indian myself).

I remember after RHTDM released,Maddy was criticized for his looks.People called him fat,ugly and dark.

South indian actors and actresses are always stereotyped in Bollywood.Bollywood can accept Katrina kaif who didn't knew hindi nor acting because she is hot and sexy.But it can't accept a talented south indian actor/actress.The North-South divide is always there.

Even Dhanush got a movie like Shamitabh after giving a mindblowing performance in Raanjhna.During Raanjhna,many people criticized him for his looks.
pallavi25 thumbnail
Absolutely! Hes the most underrated actor! Hes so charming and has such an endearing screen presence!
Loved him in RHTDM, RDB, TWM, TWMR,  3 Idiots, even that thriller flick, 13 B.
Wish he would get more roles in Hindi movies.
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Shanak_Fan

Bollywood is heavily biased towards North Indian actors.Actors like Kamal Hassan and Rajnikant couldn't be as successful like Amitabh Bachhan.Till today there's hardly any south indian actor who is successful in Bollywood.

</div>
The reasons are many.Their accent,their skin color(I am not being racist,I am a south indian myself).

I remember after RHTDM released,Maddy was criticized for his looks.People called him fat,ugly and dark.

South indian actors and actresses are always stereotyped in Bollywood.Bollywood can accept Katrina kaif who didn't knew hindi nor acting because she is hot and sexy.But it can't accept a talented south indian actor/actress.The North-South divide is always there.

<div>Even Dhanush got a movie like Shamitabh after giving a mindblowing performance in Raanjhna.During Raanjhna,many people criticized him for his looks.

Deepika Padukone is a South Indian. Back then, Sri devi, hema malini, Waheeda rahman, vijayanthimala all were south Indians. Though Dhanush was earlier criticized for his looks, people weren't stingy in their praise for him after Raanjhana. It's just the south indian heroes don't try so hard to make it in Bollywood. If a movie flops, they don't bother sticking around.Edited by Kaapi - 8 years ago
Lol I thought the thread is about ex mod Maddy.
@deathstroke : not really if looks were the only criteria 2 biggest stars Amitabh and Shah Rukh wouldn't be what they are, Madhavan is better looking then both. Agree with Kaapi, none of them really tried hard in bollywood since they were already established stars in their industries.
Originally posted by: reams

Anyonelse who thinks Madhavan should have done a lot more HIndi films, especially after RHTDM...such charming screen presence😊

Agree 100%...He is the most charming actor I have ever seen...Even when he is sharing the screen with the likes of Aamir, his screen presence is amazing...His special appearance in RDB is one of the best impactful characters of the movie...and that is because of the way Madhavan played it...

His old tamil classic 'Alaypayuthe' is still in the top 10 most romantic Indian movies...
Edited by cricketfan1 - 8 years ago
raj80 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Kaapi

Deepika Padukone is a South Indian. Back then, Sri devi, hema malini, Waheeda rahman, vijayanthimala all were south Indians. Though Dhanush was earlier criticized for his looks, people weren't stingy in their praise for him after Raanjhana. It's just the south indian heroes don't try so hard to make it in Bollywood. If a movie flops, they don't bother sticking around.

agree...
Rightful_Life thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@Kaapi,Deepika Padukone,Hema Malini,Sridevi,etc.are known more as Bollywood actresses.I don't think Deepika has done any south indian film apart from that Rajnikant starrer which was more of an animation film.
In the 50s,60s and 70s,south indian actresses did get chance in Bollywood and they got successful too.But today,south indian actresses like Tamanna,Shriya Saran end up doing flower pot roles in movies.We can't call them successful.Other talented actresses like Anushka have not got any chance yet. 

How many south indian actors today have got a chance to make in big in Bollywood apart from Maddy and Dhanush?Maddy is way more talented than the current actors but he ends up doing supporting roles or roles where his talent is wasted.

North-South divide is always there.No one can deny that.
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@Shanak fan : But Tamanna, Kajal and Shriya are not South Indians in the first place. They are north Indian actresses, who failed to make it big in their own region. Meanwhile, Deepika is a true blue south Indian who even speaks with a slight accent. And honestly Kajal and the likes have zero screen presence and hardly any talent to make it big in Bollywood. Not like they are super talented actresses who aren't getting their due. Even in south Indian films they do nothing much.

Why just Maddy? There are so many other actors who are super talented but never got their due. How many South Indian heroes have given their everything to make it big in Bollywood? Surya did one film, he flopped and he didn't bother. Vikram did one film, it flopped too and he didn't bother. They just went back doing Tamil films coz they have a strong fan base over there anyway. I think they saw no point sticking around like strugglers when they could be stars in their own base.
BornHyper thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Yes, yes, yes!!!
What was the reason he did not?