touch_of_pink IF-Sizzlerz
touch_of_pink
touch_of_pink

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 2:54am | IP Logged

Responsible dad SRK wants kids finish studies before entering Bollywood

• PTI, Mumbai
  •  |  
  • Updated: Apr 22, 2016 13:59 IST
SRK's friend and frequent collaborator Karan Johar has often said that he would launch Aryan, but the actor says if his children choose to pursue acting then they should do something that will take the Indian cinema forward. (Twitter)

Like any responsible father, superstar Shah Rukh Khan also wants his children to have a good future and to ensure that, he wants Aryan and Suhana to complete their education first and then have a career in showbiz.

"I am a big believer in education, so they (his kids) have to finish studying first. My son will graduate. He has finished his 12th and he will have four years of college. My daughter is in school, she has two years of school and four years of college. The minimum requirement is to graduate," Shah Rukh told PTI in an interview.

"If you have an undying passion for films then get into it, not because you are good looking or Shah Rukh Khan's kids or because I am an actor so they also have to be one. These are wrong reasons (to enter films)," the Dilwale star said.

Aryan and AbRam, Shah Rukh's two sons. (Twitter)

SRK's friend and frequent collaborator Karan Johar has often said that he would launch Aryan, but the actor says if his children choose to pursue acting then they should do something that will take the Indian cinema forward.

"If they (kids) want to act, I would be very proud as it's my line of work and we will have something to chat about. When I came here, I got into theatre, did television and then I got into films. I have strangely studied for 10 years before becoming a film star," the 50-year-old actor said.

"They (kids) will also have to do the same thing; develop a passion, get educated and come back and do something that will take Indian cinema forward. Don't come back or rely on it to take you forward. Indian cinema has helped your dad become a star, now it's the duty of his family to take it forward."

The father of three said he would be happy with the career choices his children will make, be it in films or anything else.

"People should say they are doing something new, something that Shah Rukh Khan did not know. At this point, my daughter is interested a lot (in films), my son is okay. If they develop passion for films, I will be happy and even if they don't I will still be happy," he said.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/responsible-dad-srk-wants-kids-finish-studies-before-entering-bollywood/story-O0oFSCSSaiA9dTr3JnZ26I.html

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

zaroonkashaf-DZ-

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 5:34am | IP Logged
tfs
Inquisitivesoul IF-Sizzlerz
Inquisitivesoul
Inquisitivesoul

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 6:06am | IP Logged
I like  him as a father.Sorted.
cory Senior Member
cory
cory

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 6:09am | IP Logged
In the Anupam Kher show he said he Superstar ka beta hai actor hee banega! Or something like that. Which means like every other Actor father he wants his children to do films for his own ego 
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top