India-Forums

Kumkum Bhagya
Kumkum Bhagya

Kumkum Bhagya EDT#7 (Page 88)

-mina- IF-Stunnerz
-mina-
-mina-

Posted: 17 May 2016 at 8:21pm | IP Logged
Anisha my dad said the same as you - why isn't Abhi doing anything or understanding anything, he finds it very disappointing and calls him "a spineless character" (he likes to say this about most people on serials. He is mad at Pragya too in case anyone was wondering. For my part I know the CVS just write Abhi as being stupid/oblivious/slow so they can stretch the plot. It's not cool and makes his moments of sudden intelligence harder to accept :(

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

mili9poiu123Raji9anamika.vijiSowmii_cutiee

mili9 Goldie
mili9
mili9

Posted: 17 May 2016 at 8:28pm | IP Logged
Good evening/ morning girls! 
Festering episode !!!

Abhi, back to the vacillating, clueless, ping-pong ball selfDead How many times do we have to see this avatar of Abhi? He turned the switch off on the intense, romantic, Pragya loving Abhi that we have seen in the last 2 weeks, in an instantAngry. He is back to calling himself YKW hone wala pati, and the YKW is his hone wali biwiAngryAngry. Great. If this is what he thinks is going to happen in the long run, so why is he pestering Pragya to confess her love, getting intimate with her, talking about romance coming back to his life through Pragya? Is this just to satisfy his ego that she still loves himAngryAngry while he will continue to move on with his life? So she stays in the rut while he happily fulfills whatever he thinks is his responsibility? If he thinks she is Fuggy, why is she putting up such a fight/hurdle for this wedding with YKW? If he doesn't think she is Fuggy, is he falling in love with somebody else??Confused. Even his body language changed today, talking to Pragya through gritted teeth, taunting her, back to Mugambo phase. Just how the hell does he think this wedding will be accomplished to call himself hone wala pati to YKW? He yet again compares Pragya to YKW. RepulsiveCry. He doesn't question the doctor either about the false alarm about the ultrasound. The nurse is very emphatic about the YKW intentions, he doesn't even blink an eyeDead What is with this guy?Wacko 

Pragya had nothing to do in today's episode other than watching wearily as the YKW continues to manipulate and drag away Abhi.  For me, someone watching this relationship from the outside, their context is so unbearable. Imagine how a wife should feel, but why she is totally mute is beyond meThumbs Down

Both Sriti and Shabbir do not seem to be in their element, almost bordering on boredomDead. Direction is crappy, there is no continuity in the lead's behaviours, they simply do not have personalitiesAngryanymore. How were they able to take an amazing lead pair and make them like this???Shocked Did they just change the name of the hospital, that reception area looks like the old hospital they always landed at ? City hospital. 

Sarla maa tried to send the nurse in pursuit of YKW, wanted to go check out who the mystery husband is, but not enoughShocked from her. Even she is not her fiesty self. 

YKW pregnancy is being given too much importanceAngry. This show potrays as if a pregnant woman can do anything and get away with itAngryAngry. I wish women had this luxury for little things in real lifeWink

Now the nurse tells Abhi that YKW is giving him dhokaClapStar. Our hero as usual is unfazedDead, not that it is the nurse's place to tell him that. The nurse's reputation wala dialogues are just for our benefit, so we think this will lead to something. Zippo, yet again if you haven't guessed it. All the bystanders/onlookers seem to catch on to the YKW intentions and Pragya's intentions in a matter of minutes. Abhi continues to be clueless for the last 2 years and still going strongConfused

Much ado about nothing!!!

Edited by mili9 - 17 May 2016 at 9:10pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

kratikamonangeRaji9poiu123anamika.vijiCerealgirlSowmii_cutiee-mina-

anishapoudel IF-Rockerz
anishapoudel
anishapoudel

Posted: 17 May 2016 at 8:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -mina-

Anisha my dad said the same as you - why isn't Abhi doing anything or understanding anything, he finds it very disappointing and calls him "a spineless character" (he likes to say this about most people on serials. He is mad at Pragya too in case anyone was wondering. For my part I know the CVS just write Abhi as being stupid/oblivious/slow so they can stretch the plot. It's not cool and makes his moments of sudden intelligence harder to accept :(
mina abhi dont do anything from starting sadly he is jot a responsible man if he was his life would not have been like this ekta show is drag to death always i think this will never end but alleast they can shoe abhi is a man hood who can do anything na but no roaming here and there one room romancing pragya one room i am responsible for haby buy one get one free cv show some moral values ok yuck taste

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

kratikamonangemili9poiu123anamika.vijiSowmii_cutiee-mina-

Cerealgirl IF-Rockerz
Cerealgirl
Cerealgirl

Posted: 17 May 2016 at 8:37pm | IP Logged
Hi Anisha, nothing is going right in the show sadly! Smile The story is crazy right now! And nobody is acting sensibly - both Abhi and Pragya. If he knows he's not the baby daddy, he won't be taking Tanu to the hospital. He doesn't have to romance with Pragya on one side and act like a dadddy on the other. Others who know the baby truth are also acting equally crazy!!  They can try telling him the truth and see what happens. Dadi and team can also kick Tanu out of MM. To me,  it's not worth analyzing too much! This craziness is what's making the show different and popular.  Just take it as it comes!! Smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

poiu123anamika.vijiSowmii_cutiee-mina-

Cerealgirl IF-Rockerz
Cerealgirl
Cerealgirl

Posted: 17 May 2016 at 10:36pm | IP Logged

Why I feel the show is different now

Blackmailing Tanu/bhoot/losing the video was pretty much the last time we saw continuity in the show. Episodes folllowed each other back then.

Since the pranu challenge began, KKB changed episodes format.  Now they're mostly event or theme driven - holi, divorce, tabhi wedding, now accident - episodes are very loosely tied together.

There is no sequential story telling. No order, just episodic outbursts of drama, humor, and romance.  I find this actually suitable for short attention span viewers who don't have to remember too much. 

The show is like a crossover between a sitcom, serial, reality show, and tiny bit of Bollywood movies.  Lot of scenes are compressed in 22 minutes, but nothing much really happening. High entertainment value, low on content or story progress.  I guess trp viewers are bored of same old, same old serials and this show is benchmarking a new genre! Someone like me who watches just to get a break, this works!!Smile

Edited by Cerealgirl - 17 May 2016 at 10:37pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

poiu123Sowmii_cutiee

Cerealgirl IF-Rockerz
Cerealgirl
Cerealgirl

Posted: 17 May 2016 at 10:38pm | IP Logged

Why I see characters differently now 

I like the randomness in the treatment of characters too. 

Instead of typical male and female leads, the episodes are written around personal stakes of characters. There are 4-5 characters at a time who are chasing their self-interests. All have pretty equal screen time!

I see Abhi as inactive of all because he's the prize for all these stakeholders.  He doesn't need to do much because others are fighting for him and over him. I don't think he's cast in this role to fight the bad guys. He needs to pursue his love-self-interest! That's it. Easy job for Abhi. LOL

Abhi's self-interest/high stakes used to be money/fame and is now changing to Pragya. - legitimate

Pragya's high stake is Abhi. - legitimate 

Tanu's high stake is Abhi, his money, and status. Trapped him with wrong baby - illegitimate

Nikhil's self interest is Abhi's money. Accomplice to Tanu - illegitimate

Aliya's self interest is Abhi's destruction. Neither legitimate or illegitimate, just vicious

Other characters support the legitimate stakeholders.

The way I see it, the episodes are about the clashes between the stakeholders and how and when their secrets will be revealed. Somehow this seems to capture trp audience!  Not expecting leads to have a clean win. We may have to wait till illegitimate stakeholders make mistakes or just give up. Who knows, their self interests can change all of a sudden.  IDK, when I start looking at the show/characters differently, it's less frustrating for me! Who knows, the show may go back to a traditional soap soon!!LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

poiu123anamika.vijiSowmii_cutiee

Raji9 IF-Dazzler
Raji9
Raji9

Posted: 18 May 2016 at 1:34am | IP Logged
Yay .. Mina is back ..
Thank you for the show Mina ..missed you Hug

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-mina-

Raji9 IF-Dazzler
Raji9
Raji9

Posted: 18 May 2016 at 1:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -mina-

can tabhi please just cordially acknowledge that they hate each other and are only getting married for the baby and abhi loves pragya and everyone knows but tabhi are still gonna get hatefully married because they are just that "responsible"? PLEASE. 

Mina ..Thanks for writing this.. This is exactly how their equation is .. At least near to this .. But Cvs are clever with hiding one character's perspective to other ..

Abhi sort of told YKW on Pragya's drunk night that he will marry her for the sake of Baby otherwise his love is only Pragya .. But Pragya could not listen to this confession ..sigh!!

Abhi does not know the perspective of either of the ladies ..I mean he does not know the real moto of YKW in pushing him to marry ..he does not get why pragya is leaving no stone unturned to stop the marriage.

Both Abhigya are sort of unclear on each other's perspective ..Pragya intentionally hiding .. Abhi does not care to share ..

But T has full knowledge on Abhi's perspective and Pragya's perspective . So she has all the power to play

LOL ..the day they understand the importance of communication , every thing get set right in Abhigya life ..

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Space-Creationkratikamonangepoiu123anamika.vijiSowmii_cutiee-mina-

Go to top