India-Forums

Kumkum Bhagya
Kumkum Bhagya

Kumkum Bhagya EDT#7 (Page 62)

Naina- IF-Sizzlerz
Naina-
Naina-

Posted: 06 May 2016 at 10:36am | IP Logged
Just watched the episode, but wanted to put some thoughts here before actually reviewing the episode. Sorry for the rant in advance.
So Pragz decided to stop Abhi from arresting Aliyah and through Daadi, suggests that Aliyah be sent back to Australia. She cites the reason being that Abhi still has a soft corner for Aliyah and more importantly, Aliyah going to jail has never made her a better person. And that maybe she needs some time away from the current environment and family to get that much needed change within her. 

Personally, I've never agreed with Pragya's views about being so soft on Aliyah. Because at the end of the day, its because of Aliyah that Pragz has a miserable life. She was kidnapped (which wasn't so miserable retrospectively), she was trapped into this revenge marriage on a mere misunderstanding, she was thought of as a gold digger by her husband, she almost lost her mother to a heart attack amidst revelations about Rabul's relationship, she was accused for cheating her already cheating husband with Suresh, she was tricked into believing that Abhi was Tanu's baby daddy, she's escaped multiple attempts of killing sprees, and she lost her baby sister. All because of Taaliyah...and of the two, moreso Aliyah. 

So for Pragya to STILL try to see the light at the end of the tunnel is just a "rolling eyes" moment for me and it disappoints me. Because I think we all know this from a long time ago...but Aliyah isn't about to change for the better. Unless we see a reincarnation or a leap or amnesia or dissociative personality disorder with fugue for Aliyah. Basically, it ain't happening. So stop being so forgiving, Pragya, its not worth it. 

However, I know there are many viewers who have held Pragya responsible in changing Aliyah. They have wanted to see Pragya be softer on Aliyah and try to change her for the better, even amidst all that has happened in their past. Even if Aliyah is resilient and seems to have no end to her hate for Pragya. But everytime Pragya has exposed Aliyah, there has been this constant blame on Pragya for not trying to make the Pragliah relationship better and harmonic. 

Thats understandable. What I don't understand is that then she'll blamed yet again when she asks Daadi to save Aliyah from going to prison today. She asks that Aliyah be sent to Aussy not just because of Abhi, but because this way, maybe Aliyah will become a better person. Ummm, okay babe. Whatever you say. I don't see that happening. However, my point is, she will stilll be blamed, but this time for not being a good sister to Bulbul. For being so soft on Aliyah. 

*insert crickets* 

I agree, she makes loads of mistakes. Like not telling Abhi the truth. Or following Daadi blindly. Or trying to finish off the villians by herself without Abhi's help. Or not reciprocating Abhi's love until all the villians in Mumbai are gone. Or still trying to expose Tanu when its not even needed, she's just got to share it with Abhi and let the rest go with the flow. Or for forgiving Aliyah time and time again, like today. But when she's constantly blamed for taking one action...and then blamed just as much for taking the opposite action, I get a little lost. 

I hope you're having a nice Friday Embarrassed *runs and hides*

Edited by Naina- - 06 May 2016 at 10:37am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

mili9poiu123Raji9-Nive-Mysterious7anamika.vijiCerealgirlSowmii_cutiee-mina-

-Nive- IF-Rockerz
-Nive-
-Nive-

Posted: 06 May 2016 at 11:08am | IP Logged
I was a little disappointed when Pragya said that they should not send Aliya to jail but Australia. But it didn't affect me much. It may be because I have seen movies and read stories with situations like this (not exactly like this) where people don't like to punish who harmed their loved ones. They don't have the intensity to give punishments. If a person doesn't get angry on someone who harmed/killed their loved ones, it doesn't mean they don't love them just like me posting this doesn't support Pragz not punishing Aliya. Pragya is not a person who holds negative feelings like hatred/anger against anyone (considering she knows the show's vamps' deeds from the start of the show). If at all she has a negative feeling, that would be on herself.

I am disappointed with Aliya not getting punished even after doing so much things and still not realising her mistakes but I am not angry on Pragya for not punishing her (does this make me an alien?) I don't approve of Pragya's ways but I don't hold her responsible for the mess.

But I feel like I am going to get disappointed tomorrow. Its not that I don't like Pragz consoling a sad Abhi. I wish they showed Abhigya feeling sad individually and them trying to comfort each other and reduce the other's pain.

Edited by -Nive- - 06 May 2016 at 11:08am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

kratikamonangemili9poiu123anamika.vijiCerealgirlSowmii_cutiee

Cerealgirl IF-Rockerz
Cerealgirl
Cerealgirl

Posted: 06 May 2016 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Naina-

Guyss, I was going to post a review for today's episode but I'm purely lazy after spamming the EDT nonstop today. And then I read Mili, Mina and Prani's posts. And as Sowmz stated earlier, I'm also just going to say Ditto. So many things that you all mentioned that I completely agree with. So thank you for that! Thumbs Up

Hey Nainuuu,  I hear you! Maybe most of us have similar views and sounds repetitive! Smile A-OK with that.  It's how you say it too, right? I love the way you put your views out. Their funny. And your giffs are awesome. Especially when use use my faves like SRK-Kajol and Ross from Friends.LOLLOL.

If you feel up to it, keep 'em coming, Naina. You beam me up!Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mili9Mysterious7Naina-

Cerealgirl IF-Rockerz
Cerealgirl
Cerealgirl

Posted: 06 May 2016 at 12:50pm | IP Logged
[QUOTE=Naina-]

However, I know there are many viewers who have held Pragya responsible in changing Aliyah. They have wanted to see Pragya be softer on Aliyah and try to change her for the better, even amidst all that has happened in their past. 

Somehow Pragya is supposed to be a social worker for all lost causes!Ouch I don't think it's Pragya's duty to change Aliya.  Nobody can change Aliya. I hope Aliya finds someone is Australia and is happy in her life!

What I don't understand is that then she'll blamed yet again when she asks Daadi to save Aliyah from going to prison today. She asks that Aliyah be sent to Aussy not just because of Abhi, but because this way, maybe Aliyah will become a better person. Ummm, okay babe. Whatever you say. I don't see that happening. However, my point is, she will stilll be blamed, but this time for not being a good sister to Bulbul. For being so soft on Aliyah. 

Yes, CV's use this double standard for Pragya. She's stopped to tackle all of Abhi's enemies first before they attack Abhi. But she's also supposed to forgive them and be kind. That's contradicting. Pragya's forgiveness is usually the way the story develops and helps CV's build tracks. 

What also bothers me about the script is - Abhi (or male lead) is shown as taking the right decisions and is decisive, like sending Aliya to jail.  But Pragya (or female lead) comes in the way of doing the right thing and sends her to Aussie.  So this is going to coming to bite abhigya and get them in trouble. Like women make lousy decisions or something. If these shows are supposed to be female-centric, then this is not showing women as making right decisions!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Space-Creationkratikamonangemili9poiu123anamika.vijiNaina-Sowmii_cutiee

Naina- IF-Sizzlerz
Naina-
Naina-

Posted: 06 May 2016 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Cerealgirl

Hey Nainuuu,  I hear you! Maybe most of us have similar views and sounds repetitive! Smile A-OK with that.  It's how you say it too, right? I love the way you put your views out. Their funny. And your giffs are awesome. Especially when use use my faves like SRK-Kajol and Ross from Friends.LOLLOL.

If you feel up to it, keep 'em coming, Naina. You beam me up!Smile

Praniii, why are you just the absolute sweetest?? Hug

I totally agree, its how everyone puts down their views that makes reading even the most similar of opinions so much fun! 

I think I just tired out after watching and writing three reviews back to back yesterday. So I was totally relieved reading y'all reviews and went to bed early after writing "Ditto" loll. And I run out of reaction Gifs very quickly! LOL But will do one soon and will make sure to put lots of SRK and Kajol, especially for you Embarrassed

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mili9Mysterious7CerealgirlSowmii_cutiee

mili9 Goldie
mili9
mili9

Posted: 06 May 2016 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
Ok, the ranting continues. 
First, let us be objective about Bulbul's death. Bulbul decided to help her sister out of her own volition. She also had to face enmity from Aliya, which is independent of her sister. In the process of saving her sister she got hurt, this was a split second decision taken by Bulbul herself. On the other hand, Pragya did not anticipate this impending disaster. Now once this happened, in a sickening turn of events, Aliya decided to take advantage of the situation to remove Bulbul from the equation in order to get to Purab. So the taunting happened, Bulbul realized her physical condition, and due to intense emotional distress she ended her life. So her death really is multifactorial, her physical condition coupled with her enmity to Aliya and her emotional distress led to her death. Pragya's mission had a very little contribution to this unfortunate event although on the surface it appears as such. This is not to say that I approve of this stupid enemy mitao mission.

As for Pragya, she belongs to a different breed. Her mistake is agreeing to this stupid mission. I am angry with her for continuing to put up an act with Abhi, especially when he is pouring his heart out to her. No reason for her to continue with the charade of boss/employee and the like. She just needs to be herself with him at this time. There is absolutely no need for finding some stupid proofs about the Twitch or anything else. Short of the Twitch admitting directly in front of Abhi, there is absolutely no way to prove at this time till the baby is born. She failed in all those video recordings and so forth. Even if Nikhil says he is the father, the Twitch can say otherwise TILL the baby is born. Like Naina said all she needs to do at this point to the share the information with Abhi and let life take its course. Especially since Abhi seems to have gotten some of his marbles back, this might get the ball rolling in the right direction. Once she is in her element with Abhi, I can't see how Abhi wouldn't  trust her at this time of the gameSmile. If he doesn't, his loss. I guess won't work for drama, that is why I am not in the soap businessLOL.

However, I must say people of her breed ( extreme positivity ) are not so rare. There are people who can always step back from a situation and look at it very objectively and come up with different solutions than the obvious. I can say this with conviction because my husband is one of them. He can totally remove himself emotionally from a situation, assess what is good, what is bad, who is right, who is wrong and ultimately can come up with options of what might work and what doesn't. These people do not bear grudges, once they evaluate a situation, find what works and make a decision, they simply move on and hit delete button from their memory. These are  pathological optimists. This is what Pragya did today with Aliya. Thank God, most of us don't do thisBig smileOf course apart from Aliya's well being she also factored in Abhi's emotions which is what makes her uniquely sweet and why I feel that Abhi is one lucky dude to have herClapStar

Dadi did say some truths in front of Abhi today, that it is because of Pragya that Aliya is not going to jail. Hope our hero heard it and gets it. She was also aplogetic for pushing Pragya into this stupid mission. She admitted that her upbringing was crappyClap

We can hope for Aliya's redemption but won't happen. She seems like a sociopathOuchAnd that is what this soap needs.Angry

Twitch is plain crazy today, don't know what she is talking about Pragya acting and Abhi can't see through her. Do you guys think we are now going to go down the route of insane TwitchAngry

OK. this is it for today. I don't think I can write coherently about the episode today. These are just some random ramblings. 

kratikamonangepoiu123anamika.vijiCerealgirlNaina-Sowmii_cutiee

Cerealgirl IF-Rockerz
Cerealgirl
Cerealgirl

Posted: 06 May 2016 at 1:07pm | IP Logged
Naina and Mili Hug!! Guys,  your reviews are awesome! I'm loving the honesty, guys! I'm still sorting out my thoughts and will post later. 

One thing - do you get the feeling they're wrapping up loose ends or something? Dadi taking responsibility for the mission Shocked, for Aliya's poor upbringing ShockedShocked, Aliya going abroad, etc? Something different is coming up, I feel.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mili9poiu123anamika.vijiNaina-

mili9 Goldie
mili9
mili9

Posted: 06 May 2016 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
Prani, I love to read the reviews because we see so many perspectives. Amazing to see how one simple situation is read by different people so very differently. Makes for a good social science study!
As far as loose ends go, for the last 10-12 months, to me the soap seemed like a one big tangled mess. The earlier days of the soap had a tight script, gripping story, some logic, some form of justice. These days I feel like it is a waste of time to think deeply about anything that is happening. Mostly mindless stuff. 

Having said that, over the last one week from the wedding drama, there seems to be an obvious change in the mood. It seems like there is some rhyme and reason returning, as if someone is trying to redeem this show again. May be they had a change of writers or whoever their think tanks are. Hopefully, we will see the end of the baby drama soonClap

kratikamonangepoiu123Mysterious7CerealgirlNaina--mina-

Go to top