India-Forums

Kumkum Bhagya
Kumkum Bhagya

Kumkum Bhagya EDT#7 (Page 134)

-mina- IF-Stunnerz
-mina-
-mina-

Posted: 31 May 2016 at 9:09pm | IP Logged
latest from dad: "if they bring Tanu back and let her stay I will quit the show, that's done bye. And I really think Abhi should know that baby isn't his! Pragya should tell him"

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

poiu123anamika.vijiCerealgirl-Nive-Sowmii_cutiee

-mina- IF-Stunnerz
-mina-
-mina-

Posted: 31 May 2016 at 9:35pm | IP Logged
Watching the rerun.
Can't believe they brought Anurag (Raj) back for this.

When Daadi holds up her hands and says "mujhe kuch nahin hua hai," I was strongly reminded of Aaliya. Nautanki in the bloodstream.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

poiu123anamika.vijiCerealgirlSowmii_cutiee

-mina- IF-Stunnerz
-mina-
-mina-

Posted: 31 May 2016 at 9:42pm | IP Logged
Daadi says "I did all this natak for you guys." That is just infernal. As in fire and brimstone. She didn't do it for truth. she didn't do it for Sarla or Pragya or Abhi. She says she did it to get peace of mind for everyone. What's wrong in that? Not one little thing. Except it bugs me that it's all about playing the hero instead of solving the problem.

Sometimes I feel self-conscious that my criticism sounds like I am just making up reasons to complain about certain characters. It's just...when they are so comprehensively and consistently disappointing, it does tend to colour my interpretation of all of their individual acts. Daadi's actions and dialogues today, in isolation, maybe are not objectionable and are arguably not just justified but praiseworthy. But in context...oyeee. 

poiu123anamika.vijiCerealgirlSowmii_cutiee

Cerealgirl IF-Rockerz
Cerealgirl
Cerealgirl

Posted: 31 May 2016 at 9:50pm | IP Logged
Missing Naina's gif review of today's epi!!

I wonder what actors and expressions she would have used. TongueLOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

anamika.vijiSowmii_cutiee-mina-

-mina- IF-Stunnerz
-mina-
-mina-

Posted: 31 May 2016 at 9:53pm | IP Logged
You know what? I'm not sure Akash's proof against Tanu would hold up in court. The money was found in a trunk in her room, a driver will testify that Tanu brought the trunk into the house. Circumstantial evidence only. The serial numbers matching is definitely more convincing and I guess that's why they raised the stakes by mentioning police fingerprinting. Abhi accepting Akash's arguments and Mithali's "testimony" does make sense ultimately but idk I just can't take the evidence all that seriously. Abhi's rage at Tanu needs more foundation for me to not feel alienated and annoyed by it Tongue

poiu123anamika.vijiCerealgirlSowmii_cutieeSara_DONT_ASK

Cerealgirl IF-Rockerz
Cerealgirl
Cerealgirl

Posted: 31 May 2016 at 9:56pm | IP Logged
Just caught up with Mina's show now.  I'm so glad you had similar comments, Mina Smile!! 

Suddenly, there was dadi overdose today and I didn't expect that. Never expected her to lead like this!!
Praggy and Abhi looked like bacchas today.

What's going on you think, Mina?  It's like they have an apprentice or understudy kind of writers for the script now.

Do you think every serial goes through something like this, Mina?  Like around 600 or so episodes somethings change - like writers or direction of story, etc?? Does this show need an overhaul - like a 50,000 mile check up or something?? 

poiu123anamika.vijiSowmii_cutiee-mina-

-mina- IF-Stunnerz
-mina-
-mina-

Posted: 31 May 2016 at 10:01pm | IP Logged
Pragya staring at Daadi after she finishes her explanation like "lady why have you been wasting my life with nonsense when you can act this fast of your own accord" ROFL (ok it's funnier if you don't have to put it into words)

Anyway and then she hugs her to stop herself from saying anything else Tongue

In the precap I really don't get how prags purab and daadi are standing there excited to see Tanu kicked out for theft when they have a much bigger reason yet to be disclosed to Abhi for getting her kicked out.

Space-Creationpoiu123anamika.vijiCerealgirlSowmii_cutiee

-mina- IF-Stunnerz
-mina-
-mina-

Posted: 31 May 2016 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
Prani, I think the show is doing just fine. It doesn't need originality at this point in its run, it just needs to keep viewers steadily engaged. If the show was in trouble we'd be seeing a lot more sudden spikes of drama, or stunts like a leap or separation or amnesia or a makeover or etc etc in the big book of cliches. Instead, CVS have managed to keep their audience steadily tuning in for the pregnancy track, so they are milking it for all it's worth. I think a decline in ratings would be the biggest factor to driving a significant change in the story. It's possible that other influences like changes in the writing or production team could also result in changes but I don't think what we're seeing now is anything other than a product of ratings. Drag works really well in this case; it doesn't have to make sense, it just has to keep people fixed. In that sense I would say that a lot of shows stop making sense pretty early in their run so if a show makes it to 600 episodes, logic and good storytelling are no longer high priorities. One thing to admire about KKB...it hasn't burnt itself out as fast as many shows do. As members of the audience some of may be burnt out but the show itself is steaming ahead quite cheerfully!

poiu123CerealgirlSowmii_cutieeSara_DONT_ASK

Go to top