Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cerealgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Friday April 29 epi                Craft of bait and switch!

What is this mind and genre bending show!     

So in style, Pragya stops tabhi wedding with her yeh shaadi nahi ho sakti. Like Abhi stormed into the lawyer's office. Like Tanu had her share of victories. This is what Abhi was wishing for. All those sad and heavy dialogs about separation yesterday was for nothing.  Next day Pragya does the opposite. And tomorrow we'll know she didn't stop the wedding for baby truth. Pretty much everything about today's epi was fake. Sounds bizarre?? Get used to this! Best if we shed what we saw and move on to the next epi! That's how fast story is moving. And nothing is meant to stick!

Watching this episode took me somewhere else. So today this is a review of the show, not the epi!!😊

CV's baiting us with what we want to see and switching the plot for something else is crafty story telling. Baby truth has become insignificant now. Like mugambo went away and we didn't know. Like the reason for not telling the truth to Abhi is not important. If we're stuck there, we'll be left behind.

Making sense of the story and the episodes are mental calisthenics now. I'm amazed at the fluidity in script when it comes to characters and the plot. Seeming inconsistencies in Pragya's character - like sympathizing with Abhi on the one hand and making deals with Tanu make it hard to wrap my mind around. Some times characters are clear as crystal and sometimes so opaque.  Argh! Like Abhi suddenly rising to action and then so dependent on Pragya next day.  This is how it's going to be.

Interesting how at any given time this plot has boiled down to 1:2 dynamics among the leads. A lot of fluidity among the 3 leads. One day one of them is up, the next day down. Story started with tabhi against Pragya. Changed to Abhigya against Tanu. Then Pranu against Abhi (who did not want to do anything about Tanu pregnancy). Changed to tabhi against Pragya/mugambo. Next we should see abhigya against Tanu again. We really should have 3 columns and keep score of who's leading. Binary pov is limiting!

There's equal screen space for Abhi, Pragya, and Tanu.  I don't know if their contracts are driving the plot or the other way around. The show is still at #2. I'm willing to bet there's a huge following for Tanu among the trp viewers. Rightfully so. Leena Jumani may play the dusri aurat, but I'm sure she's a reason for many to watch the show. Her character is a clever way to keep ratings up.  Interesting this forum doesn't have a Leena appreciation thread.πŸ˜† Lot of anti-Tanu feelings, I guess.πŸ˜†  I understand that's an unpopular thing. Even so, she's an actor like any other.πŸ˜†  I doubt Tanu will be shamed too much.  Exposure will pass like a moment and the story will go back to tabhigya dynamics.  Like affirmative action - CV's make no discrimination against male, female, and villain.πŸ˜†

For me, being fluid to story and the dynamics between the 3 leads has made the show entertaining. That's pretty much why I watch - story and entertainment! Challenging show overall!

Naina- thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Agreed Pranu, especially about the fluidity of the show! Even the pace is fluid; we could have two weeks given to one day in KKB land (based on Pragz's outfits). Or it could be like today, where the whole Tabhi wedding started and ended in 20 minutes. πŸ˜†
If you dont mind me asking, what did you think of the episode that compelled you to write your review on the show? *runs and hides* Please and thank you in advance! 
mili9 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3
Good evening/morning. 
I am back, gathered myself. Here we go:

Abhi, today you touched us deeply. I don't have the heart to say anything against you todayπŸ’”. Phir bhi,  I don't like your assumption that if Pragya doesn't come to your wedding, then she hasn't forgiven you, don't blackmail her. I think we understand why you want her there ( to stop the nonsense ), but did it ever occur to you what she has to go through witnessing your wedding. You know she loves you, right, right?? You took out your anger yet again on her, but today I will go along with what you say, sab kuch tumhare hi wajah se ho raha hai. Yes, you don't have to go through this farce if she tells you the truth saaph saaph atleast NOW. Most amazingly, we heard your need to have Pragya with you, in your life, to stop the wedding, several times!!!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Well done Abhi. You even remembered the MMS hug, Awww. Why? We felt sad seeing you waiting for her like a little kid to stop the wedding. Your utter reluctance to go along with the rituals made this sham wedding bearable for us.😊 Loved the relief we saw on your face, even a tiny smile maybe when Pragya came to the mandap and stopped the wedding. Chalo, aur kuch nahin tumhare against today. 

Pragya, didn't like what you said to Abhi in the beginning. Why do you still want to keep up with the farce talk of Abhi going forward in his new life, remember only your friendship, need to move on,, blah, blah and blah😑😑Not liking it one bit girl. Do you even know what you are doing to both of you? πŸ‘ŽπŸΌBut you aced it when you told him why you can't come for the wedding , put Twitch in her place, asked dangerous Dadi to butt out😈. Have mercy on Abhi, cutie pie, he is pining for you, waiting for you like a 5yr old waiting for mommy to pick up from first day of school. Please go ahead tell him the truth and this Twitch menace ko hamesha hamesha ke liye khatham kar do. Amazing swagger in the mandir girl, give us some good news tomorrow. We want to see you win big tomorrowπŸ˜ƒπŸ‘ OK, you looked well put together yesterday in the bridal joda, but today looked like you had too much make up, that long jewelery chain was too tacky, hair style didn't suit that bridal attire. Just a side note. 

Dadi, you bailed out on the innocent girl today. You didn't give her any himmat, you just pushed her to ruins. Did we not tell you that we don't want to hear any more of himmat, imtehan from you? And what is with the nonsense you are saying to the mother, that YOU will never leave her daughter and always will love her . Listen carefully, she wants her daughter to have a good life with her loving HUSBAND , not with a dangerous, demented old woman.😑😑 You tried to invoke God today several times, how about telling your grandson the truth ?😑Did this ever occur to you ? 

Chudail parents, what kind of comments are those to Abhi? Are you kidding, you say that it is his second wedding, so he has to be patient😑😑😑? Newsflash for you, he doesn't want to marry your chudail daughter, he is waiting desperately for a way out. Oh by the way that Nikhil IS your SIL, how is that?

Twitch, nothing to say to you. Except we don't want to see you anymore. Pack up and leave😑😑😑

Nikhil, β­οΈ for calling the chudail's parents saasu maa and sasur ji. Strongly approveπŸ‘πŸ˜ˆ

Robin has a new hair cutπŸ˜‰

That is it for now. 
Cerealgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hi Nainu!  For a second I thought you were referring to PraNu in the show and not me!!πŸ˜† You don't need to run and hide, lol!!

OK. Why review the show? Because today they gave us the opposite of what we're all looking forward to - like Abhi finding out about Tanu, Tabhi wedding stopped by baby truth. And that's not what ended up happening but CV's just gave us a feel for the real thing today. Some episodes leave me mentally panting for breathe as I try to make sense of what I'm watching. I'm not kidding!πŸ˜† 

Equal treatment of all 3 leads in almost all aspects. There's something so symmetric about their dynamics. He gets to play hero once then Pragya does and Tanu has her share of wins. He is the tormentor once, and so is Pragya and so is Tanu. I feel CV's have taken out the moral messaging and created characters that viewers from different values can connect. That's awesome from business perspective. 

It's not like a typical soap. And like you pointed out, some things are shoved off and some go on and on for days. IDK tabhigya dynamics is the only thing in the story. Not sure if I'm making sense, Naina!!πŸ˜†
Naina- thumbnail
OMG! Didn't think about the Pranu mixup! I'll need to find a better way to differentiate you from them lol. 
But yes it made perfect sense, thank you for taking the time to write your perspective!! πŸ€—
-mina- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: -mina-

yellow seems to be a significant color for pragya...she wore it on some specific occasions as chashmish and mugambo, but not too much as fuggy? i remember a yellow and red chatri around this time last year when she started wearing those patterned sleeve ones, but i don't recall any standard chatris in yellow...

How did I forget!! The yellow suit in the first drunk sequence. Not a standard chatri but still a chatri. But then she was still chashmish...hmm
-mina- thumbnail
Nainz I thought that too about Pranu/PraNu but didn't want to say anything in case it was just a typo πŸ˜†
-mina- thumbnail
Such beautiful self-gratifying theories I could weave about the lack of yellow in the fuggy phase signifying a lack of inner sunshine...
I want to spend all my time analysing and cataloging prags clothes!!! I'm upset w/myself that from may last year to january this year I didn't bother to download the eps regularly as I do now and did before :(
Naina- thumbnail
Read the LU and I'm just going to prepare for things to make absolutely no sense. Its been working well that way. πŸ˜ƒ
Naina- thumbnail
 Tonights Episode 4/30-This better be good...no pressure.
Note: I just always have a note to say before I start watching lollz. Nothing to say today. Lets roll!!

• YAY, they rewind a little for us to remind us of how fierce Pragz looked! 
  • Abhi, yaar, just take off the sehra! Its coming in the way of your hot expressions. 
  • "Yahan aane ke liye mujhe himmat ki nahi zaroorat thi...wajah ke liye thi." LOVED IT. Shows that the wedding is insignificant to her unless theres a reason for her to stop it. Good job Pragz. 
  • NO NO NO Pragz, just make her talk to you right here in front of everyone! Whats going to happen? Her secrets spill out? Even better!
  • LOLL Daadi! I am for the first time going to compliment her. She was indeed an Abhigya shipper today. Just LOOK at that smile she gave to Tanu! Bechari Daasi, having so much fomo. Daadi, you get a gold star from me today. 
  • Aww and then Pragz's smile to Daadi as Tanu started walking forward was ADORBS! 
  • Abhi why are you hot and bothered? You should be happy na? Your wish came true!
  • "Wait woh nahi...wait tum kar rahi ho!" LOLL True, very true. 
  • But babe, doesn't it bother you that Tanu's going to be zindagi bhar waiting for your hubby? My advice, move out of the country with Rockstar. Too many vilians in KKB's Mumbai
  • Ehh, for some reason, I never like sindoor/mangalsutra dialogues. They're too typical soapy stuff for my liking. Moving on
  • YES, SOCIALLY WRONG HAI TABHI WEDDING!! *High-fiving Pragz*
  • Why didn't anyone follow them and want to eavesdrop this conversation?
  • Aliyah seems a little desperate, dont ya think? She seems somewhat scared of Pragz. 
  • When they're all walking forward to see who Pragz is talking to, LOOK at Abhi's puppy-dog happy face! If you blink, you'll miss it, btw. 
  • His mouth is just hanging open! Ooh, he took off the sehra! See, even hotter! β˜ΊοΈ
  •  "Kis ki halaat pehle kharab karni hai" WHAAAT? Is the social worker planning to halaat-kharab Abhi too? LOLL, omg!! 
  •  Pragz's little shrug and eyebrow raise-I'm loving the little tiny reactions in here! 
  • Abhi, tumhare ache din aa gaye. Party time shudoo! 
  • YES!! I think we all had talked about how its invalid to get signatures while she's intoxicated! Way to bring sense into the track, CVs! πŸ‘
  • AHHH GO PRAGZ GO!! YOU BROUGHT CCTV FOOTAGE!! *I'm dancing right now*
  • Awww, they show Pragz hugging Tanu. Like, Tanu, why would you do evil to this girl? Do you see how selflessly kind she is? 
  • Can they show their eyelock in the CCTV footage too? Please? I wanna see Abhigya see themselves in an eyelock!
  • HIGHLIGHT OF THE EPISODE: Taya-ji interested enough to speak up and ask "Tumhare drink me nasha milaya kisne?" See, all he needs is motivation to speak up! And motivation for him = exciting episode of events
  • I'm loving loving loving Pragz's calm and collected attitude
  • HOW IRONIC, TANU. "Yeh yahan aayi hai sirf mere aur Abhi ki shaadi me problems create karne" *rolling eyes again and again*
  • Why is that damn lawyer here? Even Abhi is frustrated when he realizes Tanu has a back-up plan loll. 
  • Abhi, babe, I'm worried too. Don't worry, look at your hottie ex-wife...er, wife? Yeah, wife. She looks confident!! Chill and keep watching.
  • LOL, go Police inspector go! But dont give us court episodes, I dont wanna see court episodes!
  • "Yeh shaadi postpone nahi, yeh shaadi cancel hogi!" Thats my girl! I dont know how Abhi's resisting from just grabbing her and giving her a kiss in front of everyone. 
  • She brought the waiter! Pragz has proof! And in front of Abhi!! So Abhi now knows something evil that Tanu has done. 
  • Abhi yaaar. Stop panicking. PRAGZ HAS GOT YOU, BABE. 
  • Pukash LOL. They're so cute. I think I love Purab now more than as part of Rabul. He's more useless now, but I like his bonding with Abhigya and Akash
  • LOL are we playing hot potato with those papers??? Pause the music on Tanu, so she can get out! 
  • Tanu's signature on the divorce papers? ERM, CONFUSED. 
  • LOL, we got Tabhi divorce and no Tabhi marriage. CVs, I'm not sure whether I'm loving this. 
  • Awww, everyone looks so happy! Especially Daasi! 
  • Aww, Abhi is so freaking lost! Its okay, me too, me too. 
  • Pukash seem to be acting. Daal me kuch kaala hai. 
  • Pragz is looking so beautiful in yellow! Like a dandelion, like the bright sun, like a beautiful tulip, like...you get the point.
  • DID ABHI SEE PRAGZ ABOUT TO GET HIT BY TANU? 
  • "Isse aage, NO ENTRY" Pragz has gotten good dialogues today πŸ‘
  • Is Abhi listening to Pragz's possessive dialogues for him? Or is he just giving mysterious looks per usual?
  • AHHH SAIYAARA PLAYS FOR THEM!! YES YES YES!
  • Body double scene. Augh. 
  • "Divorce toh mein dungi...lekin apne style se...me aagayi aapko bachane...aage raasta clear hai. Jahan jaana hai jaa sakte hai" Why does Abhi not look as happy as he should be? Babe, should I remind you of your wishes from 2 minutes ago? Dont walk away from her! Hug her like she hugged you! Remember your flashback from MMS yesterday? YOU OWE HER A HUG! 
  • I'm liking that we had Pragz planning behind our backs. Good job CVs. I like not knowing what Pragz is doing and then surprising us too. 
  • Pragz, the moral of the story is: DO THINGS ON YOUR OWN. STOP FOLLOWING TEAMS' PLANS. 
  • Pragz looks like a four year old girl telling an exciting story to Daadi after coming home from preschool. 
  • Daadi, aap ghar chor kar nahi jaati had Tabhi gotten married...stop lying. 
  • Its body-double central in this episode. Bleh. 
  • NEELS A COMING TO KILL PRAGZ. THATS MY GUESS! BRING IT ONNN. 
  • Precap: Abhi, you obviously gave her the harder option. How is she not going to blink? Forcing her to say she loves you. But I like it. Can't wait!! 
Today wasn't as good as yesterday. Not as intense. Also maybe because we don't get a lot of screen time for Abhi, who bechara is standing there trying to figure out who he is still married to and who he got a divorce from. πŸ˜†I know Tanu did not get exposed. But we all knew that right? Main thing is, Tabhi are divorced...and were never married LOL. Pragz came to the rescue like a knight in shining armor for Abhi and HOW! Logic-wise...ehh, dont look for a lot of logic today. But expect lots of hot, confident Pragz! Taaliyah talk definitely is the transitioning sequence to the return of Neel Thakur. 
Edited by Naina- - 7 years ago