Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hotchic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: -Arsal-

He is rumored for both De and Kishore Kumar biopic. Just thinking about them makes me so excited. One thing that I appreciate about him as a film-maker/actor, is that he respects the script. So, you know that you will get as close a story to what really transpired as possible.

Both will make for really compelling stories. With Aamir on board, its the best possible scenario you could hope for.

And then there is Farhan's next directorial venture as well. Farhan is keeping silent about it and did approach Aamir with a script some while back. I think Aamir has given his nod otherwise we would have heard something by now, regarding the project (casting rumors etc).

I am hoping he does all three. Nothing concrete on anyone right now though, but when has it ever been with Aamir. He will delay the announcement as far as he can.

Holy cow! This is exciting.
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: raj80

agree...wish he does more films a year atleast 2 films...

Forget two a year, I would happily take one a year at this point.๐Ÿ˜†  When Dangal comes out; his filmography will read 8 movies in the last 10 years. Two of those roles are supporting.

Two a year is almost too good to be true.
Her-mion-e thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

He is rumored for both De and Kishore Kumar biopics. Just thinking about them makes me so excited. Aamir is among those few in BW who respect the script. So, you know that you will get as close a story to what really transpired as possible.

Both will make for really compelling stories. With Aamir on board, its the best possible scenario you could hope for.

And then there is Farhan's next directorial venture as well. Farhan is keeping silent about it and did approach Aamir with a script a while back. I think Aamir has given his nod otherwise we would have heard something by now, regarding the project (casting rumors etc).

I am hoping he does all three. Nothing concrete on any project right now though, but when has it ever been with Aamir. He will delay the announcement as far as he can.

KK biopic news came in between but then all went thanda and I forgot
De biopic would be so interesting. I read some part of his books..man..RGV in his heydays would have killed it..But since he is now nuts I hope someone really good directs it

As for Farhan, I'm not impressed with DON series. I would love to see the old DCH Farhan. quirky, edgy and not out of the box ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
Her-mion-e thumbnail

He is rumored for both De and Kishore Kumar biopics. Just thinking about them makes me so excited. Aamir is among those few in BW who respect the script. So, you know that you will get as close a story to what really transpired as possible.

And then there is Farhan's next directorial venture as well. Farhan is keeping silent about it and did approach Aamir with a script a while back. I think Aamir has given his nod otherwise we would have heard something by now, regarding the project (casting rumors etc).

I am hoping he does all three. Nothing concrete on any project right now though, but when has it ever been with Aamir. He will delay the announcement as far as he can.

Then there is news about PK sequel too๐Ÿ˜ƒ
-Arsal- thumbnail
Originally posted by: hermione82

Then there is news about PK sequel too๐Ÿ˜ƒ

And a 3 Idiots sequel. Both PK and 3I are confirmed to be happening. The question is more of a when. Hirani and Abhijat have said that they have ideas for both and are writing the first drafts. Aamir too seems on board.

I want PK and Rancho in one movie though. Not going to happen but its not impossible to do either. If done right it could be spectacular. Just think of the discussions/dialogue between the two. It will be gold.

Oh and let's not forget he is supposed to be directing Barf. 

Her-mion-e thumbnail

And a 3 Idiots sequel. Both PK and 3I are confirmed to be happening. The question is more of a when. Hirani and Abhijat have said that they have ideas for both and are writing the first drafts. Aamir too seems on board.

I want PK and Rancho in one movie though. Not going to happen but its not impossible to do either. If done right it could be spectacular. Just think of the discussions/dialogue between the two. It will be gold.

Oh and let's not forget he is supposed to be directing Barf. 

Too much on plate but Aamir is taking his sweet time

I still dont understand why Aamir does one movie in 2 yrs 
This way we will see him in PK sequel when he is in 60s๐Ÿ˜ก
raj80 thumbnail

His script sense is attributed to his theatre days when he was simultaneously assisting his uncle Naseer Hussain who was a script writer/producer...at the start of his career where he was going through a rough phase ...many times he had green lighted a film only because he liked the idea even when the whole script was not written(those days  it used to happen more often),much to his dismay he found how terrible those films were...His old interview he had mentioned this...now he makes a point that without reading the whole script he doesn't say yes to the film...

JDey/Kishore Kumar looks interesting...though Dey looks doubtful...

-Arsal- thumbnail
Originally posted by: hermione82

KK biopic news came in between but then all went thanda and I forgot
De biopic would be so interesting. I read some part of his books..man..RGV in his heydays would have killed it..But since he is now nuts I hope someone really good directs it

As for Farhan, I'm not impressed with DON series. I would love to see the old DCH Farhan. quirky, edgy and not out of the box ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

I agree with you regarding the Don series. Such huge dissapointments.

But what he did with DCH is amazing. The direction, screenplay, dialogue, editing is amongst the best I have seen come out from BW. It is so distinctively different and fresh. 

He wrote the screenplay of DCH as well. Which brings me to his writing abilities and they are top notch. I have liked most of the stuff he has done. One of the best things about ZNMD and DDD is their dialogue. I thinks he worked on LBC too.

Don series is in stark contrast to everything else he has done behind the camera. So something along the lines of DCH would be great as far as approach is concerned. The subject and the genre I hope is different. I would love to see him do a hardcore thriller or a Sci-fi movie. You know; introduce something new/fresh like he did with DCH all those years ago.

For Dey the speculated director is a newbie. Can't quite remember her name. The subject is intruiging. His life, the stories he uuncovered, the whole underworld connection, the commentary on journalism and the his murder. Will make for really compelling and thought provoking cinema.
Edited by -Arsal- - 8 years ago
ImagineMe thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Sure he is a DREAM come true for a DIRECTOR... coz he does their  job too. The director can sit back and relax and enjoy his name in the credits. The likelihood of a future re-collaboration is always slim. ๐Ÿ˜†
NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Of course he is. Coz of the sheer hard work he puts in. Mamu's the best when it comes to script & roles.