Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Aamir Khan Is a Dream Come True for Any Director: Ashwini Iyer Tiwari

raj80 thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Aamir Khan Is a Dream Come True for Any Director: Ashwini Iyer Tiwari

First published: April 21, 2016, 8:38 AM IST

New Delhi: Ashwini Iyer Tiwari, wife of filmmaker Nitesh Tiwari who is currently directing the Amir Khan-starrer 'Dangal', says that working with the superstar is a dream come true for any director.

Asked if she has visited the 'Dangal' set and seen Aamir work, Ashwini told IANS: "I have gone to the sets and I have seen Aamir working. I think it is like a dream come true. It doesn't matter if Nitesh is directing or me... I would love to direct Aamir... I think he is a dream come true for any director. He is just brilliant".

Ashwini, who has directed the Swara Bhaskar-starrer film 'Nil Battey Sannata', says she has "always been with Nitesh in his other projects".

"I have been a creative director working with him (Nitesh) in his productions... I have done art, designing and costumes. On 'Dangal' I have been like a silent partner, because I physically never had the time to be with him," she added.

'Dangal' will see Aamir portraying the role of Mahavir Singh Phogat, who taught wrestling to his daughters Babita Kumari and Geeta Phogat. Geeta was India's first female wrestler to win at the 2010 Commonwealth Games, where she clinched the gold medal (55 kg) while Babita won the silver (51 kg).

Aamir plays both the younger and older characters of Phogat in the film, and he had put on weight up to 95 kg to play the older part and then also lost the weight.

'Dangal' is scheduled to release on December 23.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

subhs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
 a non-FAN topic Phew .
Dangal is my most awaited movie .agree to work with Amir khan is a big deal for anyone. such a fabulous actor .
hotchic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Woah. 95 kg? That's huge. 
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Man, December is so far away.

Really high hopes from this one. If they nail it; this will be something special. The story has so much potential.
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Dangal is going to rock and Ms Iyer is right.
Originally posted by: .MissStubborn.

Woah. 95 kg? That's huge. 

I'm sure they meant 95lbs though that is also highly unlikely if we are talking about pure muscle mass and not water retention or fat. You are lucky if you get 20lbs in a year. Even that much makes a huge difference. 95kg of muscle will render him unwalkable
Deadinside thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: TheBoss

I'm sure they meant 95lbs though that is also highly unlikely if we are talking about pure muscle mass and not water retention or fat. You are lucky if you get 20lbs in a year. Even that much makes a huge difference. 95kg of muscle will render him unwalkable

He's tough dude not sundar Sukaanya that He'il Ouch and someone have to Pick em up.
I Guess its walkable not sure about Runing with it. 😆
raj80 thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Arsal-

Man, December is so far away.

Really high hopes from this one. If they nail it; this will be something special. The story has so much potential.

agree...wish he does more films a year atleast 2 films...
Her-mion-e thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Really looking forward to Dangal
I would like to see Aamir in De biopic too..pls make it happen
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: hermione82

Really looking forward to Dangal

I would like to see Aamir in De biopic too..pls make it happen

He is rumored for both De and Kishore Kumar biopics. Just thinking about them makes me so excited. Aamir is among those few in BW who respect the script. So, you know that you will get as close a story to what really transpired as possible.

Both will make for really compelling stories. With Aamir on board, its the best possible scenario you could hope for.

And then there is Farhan's next directorial venture as well. Farhan is keeping silent about it and did approach Aamir with a script a while back. I think Aamir has given his nod otherwise we would have heard something by now, regarding the project (casting rumors etc).

I am hoping he does all three. Nothing concrete on any project right now though, but when has it ever been with Aamir. He will delay the announcement as far as he can.
Edited by -Arsal- - 8 years ago