Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MaNaN_trS thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Part 6
Nandini's POV. 

I brought waste stuff from our house. All that I could get. After all I had promised Mama Turtle to protect her tiny tots!!! 

Wow!! I even got a shopping basket in the store room! How come dad's got that in the house?? One only finds them in supermarkets!! Anyway, why stressing my mind. Right now I have to complete my mission!!!!
Yoohhoo! Nandini get down to work!

I was almost done arranging stuff when I felt someone behind me. Turning over I saw dad! He was looking over to what I was doing. I was myself surprised that I built this. 

I had turned the basket over and placed it covering the nest. Then I had some sticks with me so I put them around making a fence. And then had surrounded it with other extra waste stuff I had! The tots are safe now. Yay!

"a sea turtle laid eggs and then I saw a racoon feeding over it so did this to keep them away." I told him while continuing my work.

"oh really!" he said and then roamed around my creation.

"I was thinking to call at the aquarium and get someone who could help protect these eggs...but my phone is dead!" I looked at my idiot phone who just won't switch on and keep showing the blinking message 'Battery Extremely Low!"'

"ahh...I have the number of the aquarium in the telephone diary by the phone! You can always use that!" I looked up at him as he solved my problem. I nodded and then continued digging the sticks around.

"but this..." he trailed off and I knew now. He would again disparage my work but not see the thing behind it that I'm actually trying to help the tots. He always does that with me.

I left everything there, picked up my things and walked back to the house. I don't want to hear him depreciate me.

"hey Nandini... This is amazing my child. Listen to me Nandini! Your work is truly appreciable!!... Now you're over reacting!!"
Bullshit! What does he think... I don't know him??

~~~***~~~

I had called up the aquarium and was waiting for the line to connect when I saw dad entering back into the house. 

"umm...yeah! I would like to report about some sea turtles eggs outside my house. I would like if someone could come and protect them from all their predators that roam around here. You know its a beach area so..." I explained to the guy who picked up the phone. 

"okay ma'am! Just give me a moment. I will take all the details." The guy said and put the line on hold. 

By the time, I turned and saw dad standing just beside me. I contracted my brows indicating the confusion in my head and then he said...
"you just said my house! I like it!" he had a smile on his face.

I opened my mouth to say something but quickly shut it back. I don't want to say anything. I don't have anything to say. I really liked that smile he's giving out for me.
But I can't be so good to him either... Atleast not now!

"what is up with this smiling and everything lately? Seriously, it's creepy." I said and walked away to the other side to talk on the phone. 

"is my...is my smile creepy?" Dad asked Rishab. Seriously!! 

"well I don't know! Let's see you do it then!" Rishab said to him.

"I'm already doing it!" I heard dad.

"ohh!!" *chuckle*!! I guess Rishab laughed a bit but then he controlled himself. 

"dad...its...its not creepy. But... Umm.. Its kinda...kinda...creepy! I believe you should show more teeth." Rishab quickly said the latter and moved to our room. 
In mid way, he turned to me and we both chuckled a bit.
I could actually imagine that scene!

~~~***~~~

I was in the market now. Ohh!! The cool breeze of goa just sends me off edge. It's soo refreshing!

I came across a stall and there were alot of magazines kept there. But only one caught my attention.
Turtles!

Omg! I finally found a book about turtles!! Am gonna buy this! Yayay!!

~~~***~~~

"hey!"
I am currently sitting in a caf and reading that magazine when I heard someone call me.

Who's this? A guy with a mechanic's uniform on and his face covered with grease and dirt. And he's actually 
'hi' ing me!!! And then he just sat on the chair beside me. WTH?!

"um..?" before I said any further, maybe understanding my confusion he told his name.
"ohh Manik! Remember? From the beach!"

"ohh hii! Nice look! I just couldn't recognise you with a shirt on and your face so beautiful." we both smirked.

"ohh.. so you want me to remove it?" he held his shirt and then asked, smirking.

"urrghh! Got back to the cheesy one." I stated with showing disgust from my expressions. 

"oops! I'm sorry! I know that was stupid!"

"yeah, it was!" 

"you know, I was a little...ummm idk! I just kept on babbling whatever came out of my mouth without realising it."
He told his 'ohh so dukhbhari kahani' and all I gave that time was an amazingly amusing smile! The fake one!

"last night, I laid on my bed and kept thinking for hours that I was actually behaving like a jerk." he told me so but I don't believe him.

"I seriously doubt that happened." and he laughed on my response. Like seriously he laughed. Was that even required?!

"you're wrong!" and then I didn't say much. I don't wanna initiate any talks but...like always wanna make him run away from me and this idiot is still sitting and looking over at my face and smiling. Why? Is there a JOKER written on my forehead?

"I'll see you around." I fake smiled and dismissed him, hoping he would understand my gesture and walk away but alas!!!!!!!
What else can be expected from this guy. 

"I hope so!" he said. That's it. He's still sitting and smiling at me!!!! I feel like punching him in his face.

Rolling my eyes, I got up because I know he wouldn't. 

"what do I call you when that happens?" I stopped and looked at him. We both looked into each other's eyes and then out of the blue I said 
"Nandini."

Why the hell did I give him my name?

"bye Nandini!" he smiled.

"bye!" this time even I smiled and left. I don't know why bit I did. 

POV ends. 

~~~***~~~

As Nandini walked out of the caf, Manik stood up and went to the table he was initially sitting and munching at with Dhruv.

"was she that milkshake girl?" Dhruv asked him, who had been a witness of the meeting.

"hmm!"

"thankgod! She didn't spill that cold drink she was having!" Dhruv said and pointed to the half empty glass Nandini left at the table and Manik slighty laughed at it and started having his food. "That's ok!"

"you're falling for her right?!" Dhruv asked again.

"yeah! Maybe! So..?" Manik looked at Dhruv.

"no, just checking!"

Soo guys finally, manan 3rd meet. I hope it was good enough. See, I updated both of my stories almost together so I want good no. of likes and comments ok!!!
Thanxx guys, love you all.
thamannamanan1 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
nandini   her dad  r coming close  slowlyyy

manik   n nandini met again 

nice update
rockstarlover thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
awesome update
nandu really loves turtles😊
she & her dad r breaking ice slowly slowly😊
loved manan convo in the cafe
cont soon
shoana thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
awesome update
loved nandini and her dad's moments
manan met again...
good to see that manik is falling for her

thanks for pm dear
continue soon
MaNaN_trS thumbnail

Originally posted by: thamannamanan1

nandini   her dad  r coming close  slowlyyy

manik   n nandini met again 

nice update

Thnx!!
MaNaN_trS thumbnail

Originally posted by: rockstarlover

awesome update
nandu really loves turtles😊
she & her dad r breaking ice slowly slowly😊
loved manan convo in the cafe
cont soon

She does and ao do I!!! 
Thnx
MaNaN_trS thumbnail

Originally posted by: shoana

awesome update
loved nandini and her dad's moments
manan met again...
good to see that manik is falling for her

thanks for pm dear
continue soon

Thnkyou!!!
jesse93 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Read it in one go,
And it was awesome,
Continue soon dear will love to read further.
MaNaN_trS thumbnail

Originally posted by: jesse93

Read it in one go,
And it was awesome,
Continue soon dear will love to read further.

Thnkyou!!!!!!
ky2manan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome update
Finally nandini is coming close to her dad
Manan meet
Loved their moments
Update soon