Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

SRK's FAN - What went wrong? Trade speaks up (Page 2)

elim Senior Member
elim
elim

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 12:16pm | IP Logged
in my opinion fan is a well researched movie . they are giving illogical reason may be that is what indian audience wants .
i liked srk after a long time . sad he might not take risks in future

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

niki1989nikki1211-Garima--Trishh-pallavi25-Anku-blue-ice.-DZ-

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 12:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by turqoisedress

"You never know! If only there was a happy ending with Aryan dancing on the title song 'Jabra Fan' at Gaurav's wedding," Atul says in retrospect, "It could well have been a fair tribute to a Fan as on one end the superstar is taking millions to dance at a wedding, and then on the other he pays his own homage to a Fanby dancing on his wedding. You never know, the prospects of Fan could have been better this way." 

Well, who knows!

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/movies/features/type/view/id/10256

Well wow. And then sometimes I wonder why it took so long after this so called rebirth of 'masala' for audience to even begin being receptive to and even demand better content. This kind of thinking is the reason why bigwigs in the industry are scared to take any risks. 

THIS!!!

No wonder Sonakshi never signed another Lootera..Big smile

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

niki1989nikki1211-Trishh-Fantasia.Aamnakideewanipallavi25-DZ-

BollyBoy Goldie
BollyBoy
BollyBoy

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
My biggest fear is SRK will not take any more risks and go back to his 2011-2015 filmography aka crappy films. In fact, I'm so sure that after this movie he will only stick to masala genre because he loves his stardom too much... which is horrible!
frosty Goldie
frosty
frosty

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 1:11pm | IP Logged
The fact is that audience has started to accept films which are different and where the actor plays a different character. Just last year the audiences accepted badlapur where varun almost played the anti-hero. Smaller movies like dum laga Kai Haisha with an obese female lead and no item number also worked. Fan did not work because the story was shit. So the argument that Srk will not take risks makes no sense. Yes Srk performed really well but frankly it was not enough. The second half was horrendously bad. I really wanted both Gaurav and Aryan to die and end my misery.

Edited by frosty - 21 April 2016 at 1:12pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MalikaPiyatrix

--L-- IF-Stunnerz
--L--
--L--

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
Crappy 2nd half as suggested
Malika IF-Sizzlerz
Malika
Malika

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 2:17pm | IP Logged
I agree with all the reasons...and this is not about a happy ending. We still have a running topic about cinema marvels that had tragic ending. Audience very much accepts tragic endings where it gives a proper closure/conclusion to story. But here Gaurav's end did not give proper closure to story. I agree that from start there was no emotional connect with Gaurav. You could not feel anything for him. There were lot of loopholes in second half. Even in end when Aryan ends up at the fair where Gaurav performs they could have done a good job and created a totally different climax for movie by making gaurav realize his mistakes. But they were hell bent to show the holiness of a "star"...that surely didnt go well with audiences. Audience always need some basic human emotion to relate to...be it a strong emotion or a weak emotion...be it positive or negative emotion...but here there was no emotion to hold to. Gaurav's negativity was totally uncalled for and unrealistic. Hence the result, people could not connect to it.  

rimi2983U_R_MY_BITCH

rimi2983 IF-Dazzler
rimi2983
rimi2983

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 3:30pm | IP Logged
@ Malika - I agree with you completely !!

Doesn't matter if Gaurav dies in the end or not...people couldn't connect emotionally with Aryan or Gaurav. SRK fans ended up praising his acting, but for others, they wanted more !!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Malika

PAcino Goldie
PAcino
PAcino

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 8:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by turqoisedress

"You never know! If only there was a happy ending with Aryan dancing on the title song 'Jabra Fan' at Gaurav's wedding," Atul says in retrospect, "It could well have been a fair tribute to a Fan as on one end the superstar is taking millions to dance at a wedding, and then on the other he pays his own homage to a Fanby dancing on his wedding. You never know, the prospects of Fan could have been better this way." 

Well, who knows!

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/movies/features/type/view/id/10256

Well wow. And then sometimes I wonder why it took so long after this so called rebirth of 'masala' for audience to even begin being receptive to and even demand better content. This kind of thinking is the reason why bigwigs in the industry are scared to take any risks. 

Did he even watch the movie? How would that even have fit in?
THIS!!!Clap

niki1989-DZ-

Go to top