India-Forums

Siya Ke Ram
Siya Ke Ram

Poor Lakshman :-(

sayee Goldie
sayee
sayee

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 10:40am | IP Logged

I like they way they are depicting the emotions , but the most disappointing is the way Lakshman is portrayed. I can't digest every time they both behave a bit indifferently towards him. They have spoiled the relation of Ram-Lakshman, Sita-Lakshman.

Sita might have given birth to Luv-Kush but her first son was always Lakshman.
Sita might have been his soul but Lakshman was his breath, Ram never treated him like this. Sita was exiled , then she went back to land. Even after seeing this Ram was alive but the moment he forsake Lakshman he couldn't live another second. He submersed himself in the same Sarayu where Lakshman submersed himself.

Ram - Lakshman where "One soul in Two bodies"

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

vanilladipskapaRex_Ryanhubleylake444athirarajTrinaa...Mirage...asmitagattubabyfarabideejagixPalkixJustlikethat1Shivam...KrishnaPriyaaLakshmanMila..1mandy001Autumn...RamKiJanaki..

Shivam... IF-Sizzlerz
Shivam...
Shivam...

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 10:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sayee

I like they way they are depicting the emotions , but the most disappointing is the way Lakshman is portrayed. I can't digest every time they both behave a bit indifferently towards him. They have spoiled the relation of Ram-Lakshman, Sita-Lakshman.

Sita might have been his soul but Lakshman was his breath, Ram never treated him like this. Sita was exiled , then she went back to land. Even after seeing this Ram was alive but the moment he forsake Lakshman he couldn't live another second. He submersed himself in the same Sarayu where Lakshman submersed himself.

Couldnt agree more , you have summed up perfectly

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sayeeasmitagKrishnaPriyaaLakshmanMila..1..RamKiJanaki..

Trinaa Goldie
Trinaa
Trinaa

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 10:53am | IP Logged
I totally agree with you.I dont know why they have destroyed Lakshman's character. Ram-Lakshman and Sita-Lakshman had a very warm relationship. The 14 years that they spent together they enjoyed each other's company alot. Even after returning back, they had very nice memories of those years.They had a very sweet bhabhi-devar relationship. Lakshman used to treat her like his mother and Sita used to take good care of him.
But here, Sita and Lakshman are like always arguing, and Ram and Lakshman lack the warmth that we used see in Ayodhya as well as in Mithila.I feel that Lakshman is shown very lonely.

Edited by trina134 - 21 April 2016 at 10:53am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

vanilladipsRex_RyanasmitagfarabiloveanimedeejagiKrishnaPriyaaLakshmanMila..1Shivam...mandy001..RamKiJanaki..

sayee Goldie
sayee
sayee

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 11:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shivam...

I admire all the relations in Ramayana but the only relation which attracts me towards Ramayan the one which excites me & motivates me to read and watch Ramayana the more is Ram - Lakshman. Even Amish's book The Scion of Ikshavaku does more justice to their relation than SKR. If I was asked which adaption then I would have suggested this adaption of Ram-Lakshman rather than any other which SKR is showing.

Rex_RyanasmitagKrishnaPriyaaShivam...LakshmanMila..1

Shivam... IF-Sizzlerz
Shivam...
Shivam...

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 11:15am | IP Logged

I admire all the relations in Ramayana but the only relation which attracts me towards Ramayan the one which excites me & motivates me to read and watch Ramayana the more is Ram - Lakshman. Even Amish's book The Scion of Ikshavaku does more justice to their relation than SKR. If I was asked which adaption then I would have suggested this adaption of Ram-Lakshman rather than any other which SKR is showing.

As much as that book is away in terms of  truth , it never destroyed the relation of brothers 

In fact in that Ram willingly took a curse on himself to revive a Dead Lakshman

Also , their childhood story was so admirable , How lakshman took a hit for Ram   and how Ram spoke lie for the first time to bail out his brother from sumitra's wrath

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Rex_RyansayeeasmitagdeejagiJustlikethat1KrishnaPriyaaLakshmanMila..1

sayee Goldie
sayee
sayee

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 11:22am | IP Logged

As much as that book is away in terms of truth , it never destroyed the relation of brothers

In fact in that Ram willingly took a curse on himself to revive a Dead Lakshman

Also , their childhood story was so admirable , How lakshman took a hit for Ram and how Ram spoke lie for the first time to bail out his brother from sumitra's wrath

Exactly, even after Ram's marriage to Sita he never let it mull the love of his for Lakshman. Lakshman was his very life force. Even Sita had ample respect for Lakshman.

Rex_RyanasmitagdeejagiKrishnaPriyaaLakshmanMila..1

Justlikethat1 IF-Sizzlerz
Justlikethat1
Justlikethat1

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
The beauty of Ramayan is in the fact that every relationship is balanced.. be it the one between a father and his son/daughter, a mother and her son/daughter/DIL, elder brother -younger brother, between friends and between a husband and a wife.

Ramayan tells us how an ideal relationship can be and Shri Ram and Lakshman were the personification of brotherly love.

Ram calls Lakshman his father, brother, son, friend and minister all in one to Hanuman when they are first introduced. Lakshman tells Hanuman that he considers himself to be Shri Ram's servant making Hanuman appreciate the depth of love and dedication they had for each other.

Shri Ram's sorrow during Yudh Kaand when Lakshman does not wake up is an absolute tear jerker. He tells Sugriv that there is no use in either winning the war or getting Sita back if Lakshman is not alive.

The equation between the brothers were so strong that they stood by each other in the worst of the times and acted as each other's strength. When Shri Ram almost loses his mind searching for Sita, it is Lakshman who stands by him, supporting, counseling, giving hope to his forlorn brother to take steps to get her back. He acts as Shri Ram's doodh to Sugriv to remind him of his promise to help search Sita.

What more needs to be said about Sita and Lakshman except for quoting the instance when Lakshman recognizes only Sita's anklet from all her jewels saying that the only ornament he has ever seen is her anklet when he took his blessings from her every day. That was their relationship.. one between a mother and a son more than BIL to SIL.

This relationship can be beautifully showcased without compromising on the wife and husband relationship between Shri Ram and Sita. That is what Ramayan shows us.

I wish the CVs don't forget that Sita's perspective does not always have to be about her actions with Shri Ram.. It can also be her perspective on her own and Shri Ram's other relations.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

vanilladipsfan_3Rex_Ryansayeewaybackasmitagfarabipri_tanviLakshmanMila..1KrishnaPriyaaShivam...

Shivam... IF-Sizzlerz
Shivam...
Shivam...

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 12:50pm | IP Logged
@justlikethat1
Truly said dear , the beauty of ramayana is indeed in the portrayal of sensitivity of the relationships involved and what we get to learn from it

And it is not restricted to just ayodhya , it spreads across lanka as well

Vibhishan :  Agreed to stand for Justice so went against his own blood brother , will be worshipped like a hero but still the world will consider him a traitor  

Kumbhkaran : Had the knowledge what was right and wrong , tried to convince his brother , but even after failed attempt , stayed with him as a mark of loyalty and respect, but here again he will always be considered a villain though a loyalist.

Edited by Shivam... - 21 April 2016 at 12:50pm

Rex_RyanasmitagdeejagiJustlikethat1KrishnaPriyaa

Go to top