Suhani Si Ek Ladki

Is Rajshri above criticism?

sandiab thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago
Since my last post was closed I couldn't reply. But the comments got me thinking and I wanted to know is Rajshri just because of the fact that she has acted well 98% of the time above criticism here? I didn't like her baby voice nor did I think she acted well. The damsel-ness I didn't like at all, nor did I like that she was acting like Dadi is her best friend. Can I not say that? Her physical attributes u guys might have got me there as its against IF rules to talk about the attributes of the actor/actress. So I will say I think she needs to lose a bit of weight coz her weight goes up and down in the show and it doesn't suit her character. And now the pimples that I see on her face. I dnt know I see them. I use glasses so maybe I see better. I dnt know we all get them. Bt still she is an actress it can be hidden. My last post I spoke to Bobby about it coz honestly I didn't feel I said anything wrong besides 1 word ab Yuvraj and I really wanted to reply to the comments there. But she said my post came about quite forceful. How I see something I say it. Its an opinion nothing more nothing less. I dnt tell anyone how to react or feel about something and what to do or not do coz we all just sharing our opinion which I simple state not a fact. So I was quite surprised by this comment. But 1 thing Yuvraj / Sahil fans get a lot of flank coz of the character and his off screen behavior. Every1 gangs up to attack him I dnt see them crying wolf just saying. I feel if u see something good appreciate it and if u see something bad then say it too. If u can appreciate u can diss, if u can diss u can appreciate. Simple. I dnt know if this post will be closed or not bt I have tried to be within the rules of IF although I haven't read them lol.Edited by sandiab - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

crusty thumbnail

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
To be fair, difference of opinion is treated much better here than most forums...comparatively. BUT:

True. True. Rajshri is the best thing about SSEL now as far as acting goes but dude! she isn't above criticism. By making an actor above/beyond criticism is the worst thing fans can do to their star. I admire her with all her flaws on a personal front not professional. When the flaws are too over powering in a scene it is natural to point out. What's so wrong?

As for Sahil, he invites most of the bashing with his antics. But I do agree people bring out knives a li'l more than needed in his case. If it is about comparison of behaviours then I can point out a lot of leads on TV with worse behaviours like some who are nice to their fans only around awards timeπŸ˜† In that sense Sahil is quite better, no? That said, in my opinion, he needs to act more professional and take his craft more seriously, which he isn't doing. So the flak is justified too but may not be as much as he gets.
Edited by drummedup - 8 years ago
Blue_Mist thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Agree with u Sandi.It was your opinion and we respect that. Afterall you are one of the loyal fan of Rajshri so implicitly you have the right to point her shortcomings also.Glad u came up with other post to make it more clear.
@pimples..sorry dr..i comparatively have a bad eyes with that i'm not using any glasses also..spare me for that..πŸ˜†
SunaP thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Sandi, read ur both posts. first of all, I know how much u lov Rajshri & u always wants the best from her. & rly I'm admiring u cz being one of the biggest fan of hers still u can c the both sides of the actress (Good or Bad). That's called maturity I believe. About the weight I think she has got reduced it a bit. Hope she vl work on it further. About the pimples yes I also got distracted on 02 epis. Nothing wrong on ur post cz u always point out things without being partial. 

As our Rajjo always loves her fans & her work she definitely vl work on it I believe.
No comments on Sahil.
honeylime thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I read both posts and I agree we all should have our freedom of speech. Rajshree's acting yesterday was def not at par. She has always performed well. And if we point out few flaws, the whole forum wakes up and it becomes a bashing zone. We are not saying we don't like her, we just pointed that it could have been better ESP since it was such an important scene. In fact not just rajshree, everyone failed to do their best yesterday. Sahil looked meh, and so did Pratima, Bhavna and Sharad were missing.

As far as weight is concerned, I completely agree, she has def gained a lot, not sure if it's the camera or something. But I watched her rehearsal videos for SPA and it's pretty obvious. I hope she realizes and works around it. If u compare it with when the show started to now, everyone looks the same excepting her. Being a lead actress, I think you need to be more conscious with everything.

I know my post will be bashed too, but I am sharing my two honest cents and everyone is entitled to do it..
anita_m thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

We have actually had a similar argument in the past. I remember. around that Janmashtami episode you and I had discussed Rajshri fluctuating weight/look/appearance. Du weighed in with the thyroid possibility, and then someone made it a feminist issue, which was so totally whacko.
For the record, I really appreciated the way Radhika, laxmi, etc disagreed on Sandi's closed thread. As Radhika and Suna say above, we all know that Sandi is a great Rajshri fan. I like Raj tremendously too, as much for her off-screen behaviour as for her acting, but I have sometimes found her off, so it's no surprise if either she was not at her best or she was but it didn't appeal to Sandi. I personally hated Suhani doing the baby voice, it got on my nerves. I hated Suhani's nakhras. Eventually I had a lot of issues with Suhani herself, but none of that translates to having it in for Rajshri. She is an excellent actress, but she's human. She can be less than perfect. Pointing that out is not bashing (if we ignore the comment about the hero, lol).
Rajshri DOES need to do something about her weight, IMO. She looks gorgeous at times, and quite bad at others, and it's only partly the make-up. I want very much for Rajshri to shine, and it was always distracting when I found myself more fixated on what was wrong with her look than what was happening in the serial.
Criticism is NOT wrong, people. It is someone taking the trouble  to point out something that could be fixed. Don't treat your favourites as holy cows, for heaven's sake.
And some of us have felt that there was a bit too much venom directed at Sahil at times, especially in matters that were not even serial-related. may be he does invite it, though.
Agree with all the posts above. Edited by anita_m - 8 years ago
CaNaBa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Personally I could not give a toss to the offscreen antics of any of the actors or actresses. It would be nice if everyone in the world was exactly as we wanted them to be but since we all have varying expectations no one person is ever going to be everything to everyone.
No one is above critism when it comes to their acting or their character in the show...but again this is a matter of personal opinion...at one point I might not like how a certain actor interprets a role but someone else might love that very same interpretation...we do not all have to love the same things about the actors and the show...infact its quite nice to find a variety of opinions... I might not share someones opinion but if they raise a fair point fair play.

What I disagree with is discussing certain personal aspects of the actual human being playong the role. I can critisie Suhanis outfits or the brick red face they used to put on the character...because she is a fictional character...but Why is it necessary to discuss Rahshri' weight or her pimples (Personally I do not see any issue with her size). Again am sure alot of you think there is no issue discussing this and advising her to lose weight but how is that your place This is not directed att anyone in particular  but I think alot of people love to sit behind their computer screens and seem to forget that once you move beyond the character their is an actual human being behind that role.  Am sure these actors get enough "friendly" advice from all directions so as someone who admires them why not focus on positive and constructive critism...critisise the acting the delivery the character...but try and repect the personal lives of these people. You do not know what struggles they have in life and how your words are adding to those struggles.

As someone who will never be a one size fits all...had bad skin as a teen...I would be motified as an adult if I showed up to work everyday to have people point that not only am I not doing my job right (which would be a fair comment on some days) but I should lose weight and fix my skin (which would have nothing to do with my job and if it did I would have expected my boss not to hire me in the first place)

It is good to have opinions but sometimes the delivery needs a little work and a little compassion does not hurt either.

Am extra Emo today so shoot me πŸ˜†
Edited by AfrigalYuvani - 8 years ago
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I agree with you, no-one is above criticism...
and difference of opinion is also welcome...i personally, didnt mind her acting that day...infact i find her mostly acting as per the requirement, as compared to Yuvraj...who lacks most of the time...

about pimples and weight  issue...i agree since she is a lead, and neither do her character demand to be over-weight, she can take care of it... but then they are also humans, and must be having difficulty with it, just like we all do...

about body shaming, your post didn't have any such thing, i feel, though u mentioned it, but it was done like a suggestion i feel, but some people can be very very bad with it...so maybe for that reason IF has some strict rules which they follow...

but yet, i have to say this, i recently started posting here...but i really find this forum much more mature...as compared to others...esp YHM forum which is very very immature...
Bobbi. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Sandiab,

I have not mentioned in any of my communication to you that Rajshri (or any actor for this matter) is above criticism. I have repeatedly clarified that constructive criticism is allowed, however, you need to make use of the right words to qualify as "constructive". Your previous post was closed down because your choice of words was wrong and attracted negative ideas into the forum. You are free to state your opinion, so long as it does not get personal towards the actor (or a member of the forum).

As for your remarks on the pimples and weight loss, I have said it before as well, such things are entirely personal to the actor. Whether she wants to make use of makeup to cover her acne, or whether she wants to look more or less curvy on-screen is for her to decide, not us. She is what she is and it is for the betterment of everyone that focus is kept on the character of Suhani instead of Rajshri.

Yes, your opinion that her acting could have been better was valid. But your post altogether had a greater amount of infringing phrases, than reasonable ones and I could not leave it open just because one line among all was legit.

Normally, what is discussed in PMs is not to be discussed on a public platform, neither am I obliged to respond here. Nonetheless, I am responding only to clarify the DT's stance (which I did above). For those reasons, I will appreciate that hereon any problems are dealt with privately and their content is not revealed in public.

I am trying my best not to subject members to generic obligations. But where the line is crossed, I ought to intervene. 

I hope you do understand this and do not magnify the matter. I will not respond further on this post. Discussions can be resumed in relation to SSEL only.

Regards,

SSEL Forum Development Team