Jodha Akbar

India-Forums

Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

AKDHA FIND SOLACE IN EACH OTHER'S ARMS PICS ADDED EPISODE-239 (Page 9)

melovesja IF-Rockerz
melovesja
melovesja

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 3:06pm | IP Logged
Fabulous review Harshu and adding pics is a nice idea.

Edited by melovesja - 21 April 2016 at 3:08pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

avika444harshu27

devkidmd Senior Member
devkidmd
devkidmd

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
Thanks for a lovely review Harshu. And thanks to all the others who have posted such beautiful thoughts. Such a heart warming episode and more to come tomorrow. 
Nothing to add from my side. All of you have expressed everything so well.

I wanted to say one thing. i have been reading " Advanced Study in the history of Medieval India, vol III" by J L Mehta. It was brought to my attention by our very own Ash67 aka Ashwinee. 

Anyone interested in a straightforward unbiased narrative of Indian history from around 1000-1700 should read this book.

Anyway, in this book in the section of Akbar on Page 258, is a very very interesting little nugget. 
Akbar's marriage with Raja Biharimal's daughter is described briefly and then the following is written:

"Akbar was fascinated by the charm and accomplishments of his Rajput wife; he developed real love for her and raised her to the status of the chief queen. She came to exercise a profound impact on the socio-cultural environment of the entire royal household and changed the lifestyle of Akbar. Salim, the heir to the throne was born of this wedlock"

A little bit about J L Mehta. He was a Indian Philosopher and professor at Banaras Hindu University. He was also a visiting professor at Harvard from 1968- 1978(now the latter should make him credible right?Wink). 

Given the way the book has been written, with a wide range of sources used for reference it is difficult to imagine that J L Mehta would make such a bold statement without good reason. It would put a serious question mark on his credibility as an esteemed educator if he did that. Or maybe the good prof was just a crazy Akdha fan long before any one of us.LOL

By the way, the first edition of this book was printed in 1983. Way before the movie and the serial.Smile

Anyway, I just thought all the Akdhaians would find this little tidbit interesting.

Devki

Edited by devkidmd - 21 April 2016 at 11:00pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Sony.SSwarna_99karkuzhalidivyadaya13ayushimehrasharmacatty-Felicity-harshu27

harshu27 IF-Stunnerz
harshu27
harshu27

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 1:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by melovesja

Fabulous review Harshu and adding pics is a nice idea.

thnx mitali... Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

melovesja

-Felicity- IF-Sizzlerz
-Felicity-
-Felicity-

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 1:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by devkidmd

Thanks for a lovely review Harshu. And thanks to all the others who have posted such beautiful thoughts. Such a heart warming episode and more to come tomorrow. 

I wanted to say one thing. i have been reading " Advanced Study in the history of Medieval India, vol III" by J L Mehta. It was brought to my attention by our very own Ash67 aka Ashwinee. 

Anyone interested in a straightforward unbiased narrative of Indian history from around 1000-1700 should read this book.

Anyway, in this book in the section of Akbar on Page 258, is a very very interesting little nugget. 
Akbar's marriage with Raja Biharimal's daughter is described briefly and then the following is written:

"Akbar was fascinated by the charm and accomplishments of his Rajput wife; he developed real love for her and raised her to the status of the chief queen. She came to exercise a profound impact on the socio-cultural environment of the entire royal household and changed the lifestyle of Akbar. Salim, the heir to the throne was born of this wedlock"

A little bit about J L Mehta. He was a Indian Philosopher and professor at Banaras Hindu University. He was also a visiting professor at Harvard from 1968- 1978(now the latter should make him credible right?Wink). 

Given the way the book has been written, with a wide range of sources used for reference it is difficult to imagine that J L Mehta would make such a bold statement without good reason. It would put a serious question mark on his credibility as an esteemed educator if he did that. Or maybe the good prof was just a crazy Akdha fan long before any one of us.LOL

By the way, the first edition of this book was printed in 1983. Way before the movie and the serial.Smile

Anyway, I just thought all the Akdhaians would find this little tidbit interesting.

Devki

Thank you so much for sharing this indeed very interesting nugget, Devki di. It's a treat to have it here! Star This only strengthens our already much established belief in the AkDha story. Embarrassed

@Underlined, Hmm...Quite possible...Wink Since we already know how wide a range of AkDha fans this world has! WinkLOL

Edited by -AkDha.Lover- - 22 April 2016 at 1:17am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Sony.Sayushimehraharshu27

harshu27 IF-Stunnerz
harshu27
harshu27

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 1:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by devkidmd

I wanted to say one thing. i have been reading <font color="#cc00cc">" Advanced Study in the history of Medieval India, vol III" by J L Mehta</font>. It was brought to my attention by our very own Ash67 aka Ashwinee.

<font color="#cc00cc">A little bit about J L Mehta. He was a Indian Philosopher and professor at Banaras Hindu University. He was also a visiting professor at Harvard from 1968- 1978(now the latter should make him credible right?Wink).</font>

Devki

welcum devki good to see u here after a long time... Big smile thnx fr d info abt d book and d author too its really interesting will love to read it after all akdha is mentioned der may b not a detailed one but being a akdha fan lil is enuf for me... Wink and regarding d author looks like he too is a akdha fan so he wrote it v easily about akdha's relationship dat too in few sentences... LOL Wink thnx again fr sharing it... Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sony.S-Felicity-

harshu27 IF-Stunnerz
harshu27
harshu27

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 1:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -AkDha.Lover-

Originally posted by harshu27

Originally posted by harshu27

looks like 2dy we r having pictorial reviews all r posting pics along wid der reviews... LOL akdha ka kamaal hai... Wink

Pata nhi AkDha land se baahar anae mein kitne din lagenge!Day DreamingDay DreamingLOL

sat's epi will b still interesting d serene dargah scene both visiting it on der 1st wedding anniv der again pictorial review ayega and no need to come out of d land stay der only as we will b getting more and more akdhalicous epis if not completely... Wink

AkDha land mein hi rehna is quite injurious to health... paagal na ho jaun main...SillyROFL

already pagal hai sabh aur kitna pagal hona baaki hai... Silly ROFL

-Felicity-

harshu27 IF-Stunnerz
harshu27
harshu27

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 1:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by divyadaya13

Such beautiful scene and cvs hell bent on ruining it and will do so each and everytime in futureAngry.
Hukkaiya from now onwards has additional job along with her 3rd class harem jobLOLi.e. to become kabab main haddaLOLand irritate audience too. Many audience have become bald pulling their hair after watching rukku babes tantrums and hearing her shouting at the top of her voice and throwing such expensive thingsLOL.

After watching akdha hug i immediately changed the channel coz i could not bear watching hukkaiyas natakDead. Dont know why, but never felt any kind of sympathy for her anytimeDead

beautiful scenes of akdha have been ruined by cvs jaan begum aka kabab me hadda... LOL Dead and ya now it will b on full fledged... Dead btw r u one of dm who have become bald due to hair pulling ROFL me too never had any sympathy towards hukka... Dead

divyadaya13

harshu27 IF-Stunnerz
harshu27
harshu27

Posted: 22 April 2016 at 1:16am | IP Logged

This thread has to cross 10 pages at least!StarCoolStar

hopefully... Wink Cool

-Felicity-

Go to top