Bahu Hamari Rajni Kant

India-Forums

Bahu Hamari Rajni Kant
Bahu Hamari Rajni Kant

BHRK episode discussion thread (Page 19)

SomeoneSensible Groupbie
SomeoneSensible
SomeoneSensible

Posted: 13 August 2016 at 12:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MelodiousDreams

Originally posted by SomeoneSensible

Ugghh...really liked this serial, but since they have done a random 180 degree turn with Samaira's character everything has  downhill...actually things seemed to go downhill even before, but atleast it was still watchable.
Season one was really funny & unique...now its all over the place ...atleast earlier they would  show why Rajni would behave a certain way...now there seems no need justify any of her actions.
She randomly acts like a hi fi snobbish friend & now a vamp! Really annoying...get back to the original story of a robot... If I wanted to see vamps I would tune into a real K serial...it's not even funny anymore!

I felt the exact same way about the turn the show took after Samaira was introduced. Most of the episodes since the 100th episode consisted of disjointed moments that didn't provide much insight, if any, into Shaan, Rajni, or any of the other characters. That, and the story didn't move forward at all! The continuity of the main storyline was lost, and with Shaan acting the way that he did, I couldn't digest the random 180-turn that Samaira's character went through, either. 

A lot of those episodes seemed contrived, including Rajni's avatars and actions. The lack of justifications and logic on Rajni's part has been bothering me for the past few weeks. She used to be able to reach logical, plausible conclusions on her own; she used to be able to judge and make appropriate decisions on her own without lying, too. I guess we could blame the viruses for all this weirdness we've been seeing from her, but I'm hoping that after what was shown in Friday's episode, things will get back on track! 

Yeah, u r right,  I can see them blaming everything on a "virus", but it's not going to be convincing.
Honestly it's an insult to the intelligence of the audience, the way they have taken story forward. Seems like they feel they can do anything & give some feeble justification & think the audience will accept it... Sadly there also seems to be some part of the audience who just wants a romance between Shaan & Rajni... Frankly those scenes always made me cringe...for God's sakes she's a robot...it's never gonna happen... Their relationship as creator/machine is what makes the show unique, funny & awesome... Har baar love angle zaroori nahi hota...Even if they do "look good together"..
Bringing in Samaira was a good move...But they should have taken it in a different direction (I actually have respect for the actress who left the show - she could see it was becoming a disaster)...there was so much  potential...sigh...

& here I was hoping that this series would be in the league of "Hum paanch", "Filmi Chakkar", "Khichdi" or "Sarabhai vs. Sarabhai"...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ArnavKhushiArSh

anu rulz IF-Rockerz
anu rulz
anu rulz

Posted: 13 August 2016 at 8:52am | IP Logged

Ugghh...really liked this serial, but since they have done a random 180 degree turn with Samaira's character everything has  downhill...actually things seemed to go downhill even before, but atleast it was still watchable.
Season one was really funny & unique...now its all over the place ...atleast earlier they would  show why Rajni would behave a certain way...now there seems no need justify any of her actions.
She randomly acts like a hi fi snobbish friend & now a vamp! Really annoying...get back to the original story of a robot... If I wanted to see vamps I would tune into a real K serial...it's not even funny anymore!

I felt the exact same way about the turn the show took after Samaira was introduced. Most of the episodes since the 100th episode consisted of disjointed moments that didn't provide much insight, if any, into Shaan, Rajni, or any of the other characters. That, and the story didn't move forward at all! The continuity of the main storyline was lost, and with Shaan acting the way that he did, I couldn't digest the random 180-turn that Samaira's character went through, either. 

A lot of those episodes seemed contrived, including Rajni's avatars and actions. The lack of justifications and logic on Rajni's part has been bothering me for the past few weeks. She used to be able to reach logical, plausible conclusions on her own; she used to be able to judge and make appropriate decisions on her own without lying, too. I guess we could blame the viruses for all this weirdness we've been seeing from her, but I'm hoping that after what was shown in Friday's episode, things will get back on track! 

Yeah, u r right,  I can see them blaming everything on a "virus", but it's not going to be convincing.
Honestly it's an insult to the intelligence of the audience, the way they have taken story forward. Seems like they feel they can do anything & give some feeble justification & think the audience will accept it... Sadly there also seems to be some part of the audience who just wants a romance between Shaan & Rajni... Frankly those scenes always made me cringe...for God's sakes she's a robot...it's never gonna happen... Their relationship as creator/machine is what makes the show unique, funny & awesome... Har baar love angle zaroori nahi hota...Even if they do "look good together"..
Bringing in Samaira was a good move...But they should have taken it in a different direction (I actually have respect for the actress who left the show - she could see it was becoming a disaster)...there was so much  potential...sigh...

& here I was hoping that this series would be in the league of "Hum paanch", "Filmi Chakkar", "Khichdi" or "Sarabhai vs. Sarabhai"...
I agree..i was looking forward to the interaction of the trio..but it was so cliched and annoying to see shaan behave like a hormone-struck teenager..the magic was lost then and there itself..rajni and shaan bring a kind of unadulterated innocence and simplicity to relationships from their viewpoints.. shaan lost that when samaira walked into the scene..and turning her negative was the last straw..if they had continued it, the trps wud have gone underground instead of just fall..samaira was an interesting character and I wanted to see growth in her relationship with shaan through rajni..and i was sorely disappointed!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SomeoneSensibleMelodiousDreams

SomeoneSensible Groupbie
SomeoneSensible
SomeoneSensible

Posted: 13 August 2016 at 9:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anu rulz

I agree..i was looking forward to the interaction of the trio..but it was so cliched and annoying to see shaan behave like a hormone-struck teenager..the magic was lost then and there itself..rajni and shaan bring a kind of unadulterated innocence and simplicity to relationships from their viewpoints.. shaan lost that when samaira walked into the scene..and turning her negative was the last straw..if they had continued it, the trps wud have gone underground instead of just fall..samaira was an interesting character and I wanted to see growth in her relationship with shaan through rajni..and i was sorely disappointed!!

Well said!
& the biggest irony with Samaira's character: they introduced her by showing her as a righteous lawyer who actually helps her friend catch a cheating spouse & then she turns out to be ready to become "the other woman" so easily? Like WTH!

ArnavKhushiArShMelodiousDreams

perfection IF-Sizzlerz
perfection
perfection

Posted: 13 August 2016 at 11:03am | IP Logged
why the hell karans leaving the show Cry
sahil70 IF-Sizzlerz
sahil70
sahil70

Posted: 13 August 2016 at 6:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by perfection

why the hell karans leaving the showCry

bitten by the Bollywood bug

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AnamikaVats6

sahil70 IF-Sizzlerz
sahil70
sahil70

Posted: 08 September 2016 at 8:48pm | IP Logged
this show is getting really boring now Sleepy

same old stuff, create situations, blame/expose rajni,   repeat

surili is unbearable with her same routine /overacting day in day out

Wacko

Edited by sahil70 - 08 September 2016 at 8:59pm

vita93MelodiousDreams

MelodiousDreams IF-Rockerz
MelodiousDreams
MelodiousDreams

Posted: 09 September 2016 at 9:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sahil70

Wacko

The usual routine, right? With no sign of any improvement in character or movement in the overall story...The depth and insight that I used to watch the show for and enjoyed writing about has all but vanished. I keep hoping it will come back. The first few months of this show were wonderful. I end up watching scenes from those days quite often, and the difference in tone is so apparent. I miss the more serious, realistic vibe that this show had when it was actually a dramedy.

There are only a few characters I'm watching this show for now, to be honest, and they're not shown nearly enough.

Edited by MelodiousDreams - 09 September 2016 at 9:59am

AnamikaVats6sahil70

sahil70 IF-Sizzlerz
sahil70
sahil70

Posted: 09 September 2016 at 10:24pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by sahil70

Wacko

The usual routine, right? With no sign of any improvement in character or movement in the overall story...The depth and insight that I used to watch the show for and enjoyed writing about has all but vanished. I keep hoping it will come back. The first few months of this show were wonderful. I end up watching scenes from those days quite often, and the difference in tone is so apparent. I miss the more serious, realistic vibe that this show had when it was actually a dramedy.

There are only a few characters I'm watching this show for now, to be honest, and they're not shown nearly enough.

only saving grace is that rajni cant be emotional, so we are spared the bucket loads of tears , other than that its pretty much a typical saas bahu saga with all the usual stuff

Go to top