Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

The Day I Met HIS Mother

Meghani Goldie
Meghani
Meghani

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 8:16am | IP Logged

SmileThe Day I Met 'HIS' Mother Smile

This happened almost 9 months ago, on 23rd July 2015. Since then for 100 times I thought whether I should pen this down or not, and finally today I felt I should do this before my memory fades away (I don't think it's gonna happen for several years though). Day Dreaming

So what happened on 23rd July 2015????? I met HIS mother... I met RANBIR KAPOOR's mother... NEETU KAPOOR...I'm not going to write each and every detail, every discussion I had with her before  going to India and all, but what happened afterwards. This is my one and only Celebrity meeting I had in my entire life

Last year I got an opportunity to attend an official training in Mumbai, India. It was going to be my second visit to India and first to Mumbai. For me, who is a die hard Ranbir fan from Sri Lanka, who has never seen Ranbir on big screen, I thought this is my opportunity and I have to grab it. I have to somehow at least go near Krishna Raj and see it from outside. First of all I told the good news to my friends on Twitter whom I have never ever met, but  who are close to my heart. And the only close person I knew from Mumbai was Shivangi. I told Shivangi about the trip and I asked her if she can come to pick me up to go to Krishna Raj if I get time to do that during my training program, basically because just forget about the way to KR, I didn't even know how Mumbai roads look like.. LOL. A beautiful soul Shivangi is, she agreed to do that.

So, the next thing I did was messaging Neetu ji (This account has never been verified by instagram and non of us were 100% sure whether this is actual Neetu Kapoor on Instagram). I told her that I'm going to come to Mumbai on 19th July, so is there any possibility for me to meet Ranbir. May be it was my bad luck that on 16th July, Ranbir was to go out of India, so Neetu ji was not sure that he'd return during my stay. I was heartbroken, but again I thought why don't I meet his mother, if not him. So I asked Neetu ji, if there is any possibility of meeting her if I come near KR, and she was all okay with it. And it made up for my grief of not getting to meet Ranbir.

So, the day came, on 19th July I landed in Mumbai. I messaged Neetu ji saying I'm there. From very next day my training started from 9am to 4pm. I talked with Shivangi and the only day she could come was on 23rd. So I told Neetu ji about it and she was happy to meet me on that day.

The day arrived. I was in my training and during that I messaged Neetu ji saying that I'd be there around 5pm. She said she's going out for a lunch and she'll be back as soon as possible, so I can wait till she comes. I asked her whether I should inform anyone about me or should I wait outside the gate. And her exact words were

"No no I will tell the watchman about u .. He will get u inside u cld start with tea till I come !!! Sorry today very imp lunch so hve to go".

HE WILL GET YOU INSIDE AND YOU COULD START WITH TEA!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE HELL..OMGGG...DancingShocked You can imagine my excitement and obviously I couldn't concentrate on my training after that LOLROFL. For a moment I started feeling like, this is a fake account and this person is fooling me. I mean, seriously...!!!!! In the afternoon, she messaged me saying come as late as I can because it's raining heavily in the evening.

The training ended around 4pm, I went back to my hotel room, my other friends went out for shopping and Shivangi was on her way. I asked her to buy some chocolates on behalf of me, and I had some gifts with me to give Ranbir. It was heavily raining and due to that heavy traffic, so Shivangi came to the hotel around 6pm. She came with her friend and at that very moment Neetu ji messaged me saying that she's back home. We left the hotel around 6:40pm and due to traffic and raining it took more than 1 hour to reach KR.

On my way various thoughts were roaming around my mind. I was thinking, what if this is a fake account. What if that person is not Neetu ji. I mean, how can a celebrity be this down to earth. How can she be so so sweet? So I made up my mind, if in any case she turns out to be a fake person, I'm going to have a look at KR from the outside and leave because that was always my dream, I never ever imagined of going inside. By the way, on our way, Shivangi showed me Silver Sands and there was no point of getting down there, because we were already late and Ranbir is not there. So we just passed it...

We went near KR, and I always wanted to see that name plate live and OMG, I saw that.

Shivangi talked to the guards and told them that Meghani is here and tell Neetu ji about it. The guards looked a bit confused and then I think they told Neetu ji about that. I was dying with excitement.Embarrassed After a few minutes, the gate was opened, and a guard asked us to come in... Oh My God..! We were asked to come in to the premises of THE KRISHNA RAJ. I was shivering. Shivangi and I were looking at each other's faces for a moment and then we went inside.

We were asked to step inside the house... Yes you read it right... INSIDE KRISHNA RAJ... and to be seated. We went inside a hall.. It was too damn royal... We were in a palace... Tongue. I was trembling. It was full of AC. Shivangi and I were like, is this happening for real..?? Are we really inside RANBIR KAPOOR's house? HOW?... Hundreds of thoughts were messing up my mind and then... She came, Oh my God yes... Neetu ji came. She said "Hi" and I almost freezed.

Neetu ji hugged Shivangi and asked for her name, she introduced herself and her friend. Neeu ji could remember Shivangi on Instagram. Then she came to me and said "oh you"... She recognized me.. And she gave a little bag to me and said it's a gift from Ranbir, he had asked to give it to meHug... I didn't know what I was doing, and what I was saying. I just wanted to scream... It was an autographed pen I got from him.

Then we talked... Talked and talked. She asked me about my training, and Shivangi and her friend about them. Neetu ji asked us what would we drink and we were like "We'll drink anything" LOL... She again asked whether we drink tea or coffee.. I preferred tea and others coffee. WE HAD TEA FROM KRISHNA RAJ.. Damn it!! Party

You guys remeber the photo where little Ranbir playing and Rishi ji is on the phone? Shivangi asked about that photo and Neetu ji said that photo was clicked there only. In the place we were sitting in, but the arrangement is a bit different now.

There was a video we RKFanGhosts made for Neetu ji on her birthday. My friends wanted me to show it to her, so I asked her whether to show it and she said "Sure".I showed it to her and she loved it.. One by one, she asked "Who is this , who is that".. Such a sweetheart Heart. She asked who made it... I said it was Natasha... And while watching it she could remember Twinkle too... 

Neetu ji told that she showed my pic on instagram to Ranbir... (HELL YEAH! Dancing) And then we talked about Rishi ji. He was shooting for Kapoor & Sons at that time and she showed us his exclusive look from that film. She had a pic in her mobile and said that she's not allowed to put it up on any social network, because it was not out at that time. She told us about Riddhima and Samara and the cute little things Samara does Smile

Then she told us that Ranbir has finally quitted smoking. She was really happy with that and she explained the treatment he went through. Both me and Shivangi told her how happy we are to hear that. We talked about the fate of Bombay Velvet and she expressed her feelings about why it failed. And she said that they never show Ranbir that they are upset about a failure of a movie and because of that he doesn't care about it too. Then she told me about Ranbir's stay in Sri Lanka during BV. She said such a bad timing it was that he had to go out of India when I came there, but that he's returning the very next day. So she told me that if there is any chance for me to meet him she will let me know. At the same time she told me that when Ranbir was told about me he said that he really needs to go otherwise he'd wait and meet me. (OH MY GOD)

Time just passed on. She behaved like she knew us from years. She was that cool. We were there around an hour. Then it was the time for us to leave. She asked whether we need to take photographs, and we were like "Of course Ma'am". We took photos one by one.. And then, Shivangi and I gave her the chocolates and other sweets we bought for her. She was like "These are not needed.. You are spoiling me" . I had 2 letters written for her and Ranbir, and a file of my edits. I gave her the letters and asked her to have a look at my edits and hand over it to Ranbir.. And she said she will.

It was heavily raining, and she asked us how are we gonna go? When we told her that we'll take a taxi, she said she'll ask her men to stop a taxi for us. Both me and Shivangi were like, "No, it's okay Ma'am, we'll go". Then she said "No, it's raining. How can you go. Unfortunately, my driver has already left, otherwise I would have asked him to drop you guys. So I'll ask someone to drop you to a taxi in my vehicle". IMAGINE!!! IN HER VEHICLE...

Then we hugged. She thanked us and we thanked her.. When we were about to leave she showed us a door of a room which was near by. She said that was Ranbir's room. Like OMG... WE SAW THE DAMN DOOR OF RANBIR'S BED ROOM. Since she was there, we couldn't click a photograph. LOL.

I hope you all can remember the VOGUE photoshoot of Kapoor family. That photo is framed in KR. Then we got into her car and we were dropped at a taxi stand. I came to the hotel in a taxi and Neetu ji had messaged me asking where am I. I replied and thanked her.

Unfortunately I couldn't meet Ranbir because although he returned on 24th night, 25th he had an event with Police and I returned to Sri Lanka on the same day.

That was it... I shared all my joy with my Ghost buddies just after returning to the hotel. It was such a crazy night. Obviously the best day of my life!!!!!!!!!!

Clap

Edited by Meghani - 21 April 2016 at 11:58pm

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top