Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

How come talaash was not a flop cos of genre ? - Page 3

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
Aamir and Shahrukh will kill it in Dangal and Raees...acting wise...bookmark kar lo😃

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hotchic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: blue-ice

Aamir and Shahrukh will kill it in Dangal and Raees...acting wise...bookmark kar lo😃

🥳
This content was originally posted by: StevieG7

Indian audience rejecting Fan shows their stupidity imo. It was loved here in the uk. 

So the ones that are watching in UK are aliens? They must be Indians/desis too?😛

Ek acting hee kaafi nahi hoti hai...Screen play and story matter the most to put everything together...Fan is lacking heavily in terms of the screen play...But I am hoping Raees and Dangal have a better screen play and connect with the audience better than Fan...We really need nice movies to watch...Tired of watching half baked and disappointing fares...
briahna thumbnail
simple, Salman bhai and Amir mahatma are baap of boxoffice and shah is the baap of all actors.
talaash and Fan ...difference.

angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I loved Talaash...should have been a super hit but couldn't because of its genre...it is one of Aamir Khan's best performances of all times..

The only one of Amir which i watched in cinema ( wasn't on IF at that time  ) ðŸ˜›
Didn't even know that it didn't perform well untill i landed here ðŸ˜†
angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
But honestly at the moment i don't think any other movie of these main stream actors can be compared to FAN ( unless i am missing something) , apart from genre 2 main factors of BW movie are missing i.e song and heroine.
briahna thumbnail
😆

good topic...shah swallowed the great amir in acting chops...kacche gha gaya.

flipfl0p thumbnail
After 3 Idiots, there was a great expectation from the people with Amir's movie. Half the people went to watch the movie because it is Amir's and came back disappointed.
There can be good films in popular films (like BB, 3 Idiots), there can be bad films in niche films. Fan belongs to second category. It was not the genre. Movie was bad. Very poor screenplay. 
This content was originally posted by: flipfl0p

After 3 Idiots, there was a great expectation from the people with Amir's movie. Half the people went to watch the movie because it is Amir's and came back disappointed.

There can be good films in popular films (like BB, 3 Idiots), there can be bad films in niche films. Fan belongs to second category. It was not the genre. Movie was bad. Very poor screenplay. 

@ bold: Agree!!!

But Talaash is a much better movie than Fan...in terms of the story and screenplay!

Talaash is a real thriller of very high quality, but Fan is another story of a psycho stalker like Darr...The unpredictability factor that a thriller needs the most is absent in Fan...
Edited by cricketfan1 - 8 years ago