Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Fan is huge Flop bt BOI Blames Genre (Page 8)

Nishita123 IF-Stunnerz
Nishita123
Nishita123

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 9:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by KaanKeNiche.

Originally posted by .Lakhan.

Originally posted by blue-ice

aa gaye...aa gaye...ab hansne ke alawa kar bhi kya kar sakte hainLOL LOL...BOIROFL

BOI pe nahi hassi aa rahi... Hassi uss defend pe aa rahi hai ... ab meri baari hai hasne ki... LOL

Aaj Khush main bahut hoon... same ppl who mocked me when Dabangg 2 couldn't score big like ETT, when Jai Ho underperformed, when PRDP came... are now busy saving some grace for their King Saab...

This forum is filled with comments like i am obsessed with BOX OFFICE, while whole forum goes crazy if Salman's 1 film dips a little bit, comparison, bashing, everything is brought out in forum... i still remember that Ek Villain day 1 report which said it made more than Jai Ho... when YJHD beat Dabangg 2... 

Today i am very happy...hell i didn't even bashed FAN like i use 2 do years back... LOL

You make a very good (and fair) point. I think it would be fair to assume that box office would matter to the same people (who are singing a different tune now) had Fan become a box office success.

Box office MATTERS and it's pointless to deny this. I don't understand why you have to be shamed for it lol. Different strokes for different folks right? For some critical acclaim is more important and some are more satisfied with box office numbers. But given the choice, I think most actors and their fans will take box office success over critical acclaim (a combination of both is probably optimal).

Being in denial about this won't change the reality.

Thumbs Up

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

KaanKeNiche.BeingBlunt.Omkara.

angrybread IF-Sizzlerz
angrybread
angrybread

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 9:52am | IP Logged
BOI ROFL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-DZ-

_IHeartFriendz_ IF-Sizzlerz
_IHeartFriendz_
_IHeartFriendz_

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 9:53am | IP Logged
I think in this movie budget has failed. Why do they go beyond one point? They could have stopped at 50 crore. 
Srk might have performed well, but reading reviews I feel plot is totally illogical, it won't be wrong if I compare the story with dhoom3. Like we can only laugh when 2 twin brothers finished a well known bank, same way a silly obsessed teenage fan destroying or getting on nerves of a superstar is not less than any joke. 

Edited by Divine-Pearl - 21 April 2016 at 9:53am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

adventurousman

briahna IF-Sizzlerz
briahna
briahna

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 9:54am | IP Logged
and this unfortunate find in database will continue...cos Sultaan will again slotted in masala genre whereas dangal will make biopic drama.

ROFL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

HousefullangrybreadTheRager-DZ-

.Omkara. IF-Addictz
.Omkara.
.Omkara.

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 9:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by KaanKeNiche.

You make a very good (and fair) point. I think it would be fair to assume that box office would matter to the same people (who are singing a different tune now) had Fan become a box office success.

Box office MATTERS and it's pointless to deny this. I don't understand why you have to be shamed for it lol. Different strokes for different folks right? For some critical acclaim is more important and some are more satisfied with box office numbers. But given the choice, I think most actors and their fans will take box office success over critical acclaim (a combination of both is probably optimal).

Being in denial about this won't change the reality.

Believe me, i am not ashamed... mujhse jayda besharam koi hoga nahi forum mei :)

and rahi baat Box Office ki...

Abhi toh maine Start kiya hai Cool

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

KaanKeNiche.BeingBlunt

dingle_hopper IF-Dazzler
dingle_hopper
dingle_hopper

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 10:00am | IP Logged
Havent seen Fan. But it seems like a good movie, and SRK's performance has been praised from all corners.

But I dont think its right to use the "genre" card to justify films flopping...Neither do I agree with BO sites saying that our superstars should be "careful" about what scripts they choose, ie, they should only do commercial masala movies.

The fact that SRK undertook such a risky project without just thinking about the commercial aspect is commendable. However, the problem with big stars is that they charge 30-40 crs per film causing the budget to increase drastically. As a result the film flops at the BO for not being able to recover the massive budget.

The only way this can be avoided is if superstars charge less for non-commercial projects or not take any fees at all and instead insist on taking a certain percentage of the profit.

Edited by dingle_hopper - 21 April 2016 at 10:02am
TheBoss IF-Sizzlerz
TheBoss
TheBoss

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 10:08am | IP Logged
There is growing intolerence towards garbage nowadays.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

adventurousmanBeingBlunt

ponymo IF-Rockerz
ponymo
ponymo

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 10:08am | IP Logged
From what I observed, BOI has mostly been pro-SRK. When MNIK, JTHJ, Ra.One, HNY, Dilwale, and now Fan underperformed, they always put it very softly, whereas they can be quite blatant in writing others off. Every article of BOI has a certain tone, while it pretends to be neutral, it is either highly vitriolic against certain stars, but very favourable for certain stars like SRK.

This excuse by them is simply hilarious to say the least. They stand exposed.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

TIGER_KHANadventurousmanfivestarsBeingBlunt.Omkara.

Go to top