Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

ArHi: Innocence to a half-mad city [Complete] (Page 101)

reflorated IF-Rockerz
reflorated
reflorated

Posted: 10 May 2017 at 10:02am | IP Logged
2. His grandmother pisses me OFF. 

I know adults are humans too, and they aren't perfect and no one should expect perfection from them. But I FIRMLY believe once you are a care giver to a child you don't have the luxury of claiming imperfection as an excuse. And I think it's extremely irresponsible of her to do so much damage and "yes I was wrong but it was my son, I'm only human". That's just making excuses for not being in control of your emotions. I can't imagine the abuse he faced. It's very disgusting and I'm glad he told her off for this shit. Also her "maybe if I talk to Anjali you both will stop fighting" is so demeaning to the issue in itself. It's not just a sibling spat, what they're having. The fact that she'd reduce it to that is just so so wrong! 

3. It's unrealistic to expect that Anjali and Arnav will ever truly be brother and sister in the true sense of the word "sibling" and everything it entails. Whatever affection she shows his way (injection incident) seems to be designed to confuse or hurt him. Or maybe, it's just a byproduct of blood and prolonged exposure. 

4. Ten years, please. How incredibly dramatic! I love it! 

Also, story time! 

Spring Break is absolute insanity at NYU and after like a day of partying I'd absolutely had enough. I couldn't bear one more day of it and I desperately wanted to leave. 

So, I did. I decided to drive to the Grand Canyon. It's a 2-3 day drive, depending on the stops and I did it. And the peace I felt when I was on the road is absolutely unparalleled - and I know Arnav deserves to feel this peace. 

What I'm trying to say is, facing situations head on is overrated. Sometimes all you need is music, a car with good mileage and a vague sense of direction. 

Or maybe, you need snow. 

{sorry for not doing these in one comment. I just don't want to go back and keep editing. This is an easier way for me to keep track of how my thoughts are evolving/fixating) 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

jacknjill03RockBarbie

twerping IF-Rockerz
twerping
twerping

Posted: 11 May 2017 at 12:29pm | IP Logged
This was brilliant! I haven't yet quite absorbed the entirety of your incredibly nuanced and powerful writing and I shall probably return to this story over and over again simply to admire the depth of your characters and understanding of human nature.
You are a poet. 

Can't wait to read the rest of your works. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RockBarbiereflorated

RockBarbie Goldie
RockBarbie
RockBarbie

Posted: 12 May 2017 at 12:43am | IP Logged
@vfordonkey - Answers down below:

The line from the poem fit the story so I borrowed it for the title. The poem as such isn't one of her famous ones given how it is about just another day in the city and all the people it encompasses. The first post in this thread actually has lines from another poem which kind of fits the story very well.

I am a huge fan of resolution. I don't like things unresolved. I personally don't like things open ended between me and others. But I am not always the one to drag things on. I don't have the kind of temperament. In this story its a mix of both kind of attitudes. Khushi resolves and Arnav doesn't. I believe in balance and every case works in its own way.

I don't know what I would do if my family was part of a great failure in humanity. I honestly don't.

We sometimes give undue importance to others for what they represent in family group. Unfortunately we don't consider that they may be biased and go with everything they throw on us with our heads buried in the sand. Arnav, for the first time, doesn't care for validation from anyone from his family. He has made peace with his decisions and has faced undue resistance from his family. Its time to move on.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

v5a1s6bakwas_serialSharuAGAlwyzT.just4thisrefloratedtwerpingArjuhisisanjs

SirenMitra IF-Dazzler
SirenMitra
SirenMitra

Posted: 12 May 2017 at 5:32am | IP Logged
Lovely !!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

RockBarbie

archnahardik123 IF-Dazzler
archnahardik123
archnahardik123

Posted: 12 May 2017 at 1:50pm | IP Logged
That's fabulous
It's so good to see anjali in arnav's shoes. Now she will know what he has gone through because of her husband and his parents.
Loved how arnav stated truth to his grand mother. He is done and I am glad he is going away with Khushi.
This is pleasant turn of events. Loved it.
Thanks for awesome update RB.

RockBarbie

anera Goldie
anera
anera

Posted: 12 May 2017 at 5:33pm | IP Logged
nice update 

RockBarbie

Onlooker Goldie
Onlooker
Onlooker

Posted: 12 May 2017 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
Arnav gets the ball rolling. And will Anjali confront Shyam and his father?
SharuAG Senior Member
SharuAG
SharuAG

Posted: 12 May 2017 at 11:38pm | IP Logged
The easiest form of escapism is putting the blame on someone else. That's what Arnav family is doing.

They are putting the blame on Arnav and deep down i m sure Nani would know her son is at fault. That is if she is wise women. A greedy person would differ.

Anjali is totally a different story. She is sort of brainwashed. But, thats not an excuse to keep blaming on our brother. That for a decade...

Would then come to their senses? Even though if they do not apologize Arnav for blaming their loss as his fault, if they realize it that is something

I m glade that Arnav decided to move out and move on with his life.

Looking forward for the next installment

Go to top