Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

saack thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Feel bad for Aman but he has known for a long time that what he wants is not possible. 

Arnav was a bit upset with his friends but he did have a good day with Khushi...didn't he? Why didn't he share that with Aman?
I feel Arnav in this story is always too self-deprecating and wallowing in self-pity. It almost feels like he is a school kid. Why can he not be stronger and take control over his life? Having good friends is great and I love their complicating bonding. But friends should not become crutches.
Sorry if I have misinterpreted Arnav's character. But I love a strong Arnav.
bakwas_serial thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Closure and friendship is what this update is about.
 Aman- the pain of not being missed by Arnav  and the kiss. The kiss required for Aman to understand that Arnav does not reciprocate.  A much needed closure for both friends. Maybe now Aman will move on like Lavanya
amaypranay thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Nice:)

It's like a new beginning for them... Wish them luck!!!

I want to see Arnav spend more time with Khushi:)
prati_incept thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Oh Aman .. hope he is able to move on without any hard feelings coz Arnav has nothing to offer.. nothing more than platonic friendship.. 1 down 2 more to go.. will La understand? And I have very little hopes from Anjali .. 
Thank you for updating
ocean28 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Not enough want more.  as always the chapter was intense.  What is friendship, what is love what is romantic love who can indulge in the various kinds of love and who cannot all these things come out from just a page.  Kudos for writing so well.  Looking forward for the next chapter.
chottekikhushi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Your writing is and has always been exceptional!! 
I felt bad for Aman but I am glad that he is trying to move on! Wonder how Aman and Lavanya will react to knowing that the reason for these small but definite changes in Arnav is Khushi!! Waiting to read more of this unique story!! 
aamir18 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Beautiful. 
Arnav is a good man and a good friend. 

coolpd93 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Do u knw that this really been a long wait..sigh..being irregular has advantages of surprise.
Will let u knw of my seee;p on d chap soon
-Mitra thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Done re-reading RB! And what do I have to say to Arnav's state? Its heart wrenching.When all the relationships that you hold dear, starts falling apart and when its your loved ones that tell you that you aren't enough, it doesn't just leave us broken, but it leaves us despaired... steals us of all hope to make new ones. And if that isn't end of the world then what is... When such is the case, Kushi must feel like a breath of fresh air, the hand that pulls you out the water...  And when Kushi isn't there, I hope that Arnav finds the strength to see that "happiness can be found even in the darkest times, if only he remembers to turn on the light." Really he can't go wrong with Dumbledore!
RockBarbie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8

Chapter 13: When Khushi introspects on the day spent

"That was a long lunch." Payal notes smirks at Khushi. Khushi rolls her eyes in response.

"It wasn't just lunch and you know it." She flips her wet hair over her shoulders. "Or did you miss the giant clock in my workshop?" She grins at Payal who huffs in silent laughter.

"You know what I mean," Payal flops on Khushi's bed and watches Khushi in the mirror as Khushi towel dries her hair. "I am surprised he wasn't attending multitude of soirees that would be thrown in his honor."

Khushi stops brushing her hair and watches Payal's reflection in the mirror. "What is it?" Payal asks, somberly noting the frown twisting Khushi's face.

"He is struggling." Khushi says and falls silent. Patiently, Payal waits.

"He is struggling about things he has no control over and on those he has control on, he has found success." Khushi picks up her thread of thought. "He moves like a ballerina, you know?"

Payal raises an eyebrow. Khushi wrings her hands unable to articulate her thoughts in the way it is easy to make Payal understands. She tries again. "His moves are economical. It's as if he is worried he is going to invade someone's space and get beaten for it." Payal frowns.

"He literally sprawls all over the counter Khushi," Payal says, with a note of disbelief in her voice.

Khushi shrugs. "This is one place where he can be who he wants to be and not be judged. Today when we were walking searching for the clock, there were several people trying to reach him. He just ignored it all."

"So?" Payal asks, not seeing Khushi's perspective.

Khushi looks frustrated. "It's hard to explain Payal and it's all based on my observation only."

"Tell me then." Payal relaxes further. "Tell me what's been bothering you."

Payal nails the issue on the head.

Khushi sits next to Payal on the bed and sighs. "I don't know why his loneliness is bothering me so much Payal. He has a family - a sister, brother-in-law and grandmother, and two best friends he has known for couple of decades. And yet he feels...lost somehow, you know?"

"Did you know his parents committed suicide?" Payal asks out of nowhere. "Together?"

Khushi blanches. "No I didn't."

Payal hums. "I googled after his first visit because of sheer curiosity." Payal sits up and pulls the information on her phone. Khushi simply shakes her head when offered.

"The background is all hazy and covered in smoke. Rumor is that his parents were doing some underhanded dealings with some very bad people overseas. No one knows who found out and threatened exposure. No one knows how far up this corruption was. Arnav's father's partner and best friend is none other than Arnav's brother-in-law's father."

"That's messed up," Khushi says softly. "Do you think Arnav knows about it?"

Payal watches her sister intently. "His parents died two years after he joined the company. Their rise in the society and in the industry, was steep and had raised lot of eyebrows both from their competition and the government. And before it all went to hell, Arnav's parents died and everyone starts talking about the tragedy and not the suspicious circumstances. Arnav takes the helm of the company; the rumor mill slows down and eventually dies. Arnav continues to raise the profile of their company and gives it a steady growth." Payal pauses and smiles a little at her sister. "He was watched closely by many administrative bodies Khushi and probably lived in a volatile environment."

Khushi visibly slumped.

"Today he looked so alone and broken Payal." Khushi whispers. "He is trapped in a cage and he doesn't even know it. He is struggling, clawing at the walls of the cage he cannot see and falls behind the expectations he has set for himself or what he believes others are looking for him."

"It's a difficult way to live," Payal says not knowing what to make of Khushi's outburst.

"It's a shitty way to live." Khushi affirms softly. "He is so...broken."

"What do you mean?"

Khushi rubs her forehead and closes her eyes ignoring the tears that have sprung. "I don't know what is going on with him Payal but he seems defeated and broken to the extent that he doesn't want to dust off and pull himself together. I think he is in a position because he feels guilty or feels that he deserves the emotional abuse that's thrown at him."

"Khushi." Payal struggles not to shout. "This isn't good." She says instead of the thousand words she wants to yell at her sister.

"It isn't." Khushi replies. "I am not leaving him." Khushi holds her tone and her stance.

Payal looks at her sister surprised. "Wait, what?" She sits up and turns Khushi towards her. "What are you saying Khushi?"

Khushi's head shot up and her eyes holds a clarity that Payal is now utterly familiar with. "Things will start going worse for him very soon Payal and when it does, I want to be there for him. That's all I want."

"Is it?" Payal asks, shrewdly.

Khushi looks at her sister and doesn't respond. But a soft private smile plays in the corner of her lips that gives the answer Payal was hoping she wasn't going to get.