Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RockBarbie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: N0306

You are back to shocking the hell out of me with all the updates.. Your way of unfolding story is so unique and loved it.. No family should ever punish a child for being right he would never have wanted his parents to die.. He had a loss too.. This is what happens in kinder gardens too.. The most noisier one get more attention while the good one end up tending for themselves..

Oh my god the commraderie between Khushi and arnav is new and amazing.. Finding solace in real sense.. No explanations required, no questions asked, no judgements.. Just tell as much as you wish to share and change topic..

Lavanya is an amazing friend and hopelessly in love with Arnav. In some sense arnav is so lucky to have lavanya and Aman..

Loved it.. You are a roller coaster in true sense.. After reading the update few things happened

1) meri neend udh Gai
2) I want to hug lavanya so badly
3) I want to do a lot with arnav
4) I want to make that watch.. It is fab and I never knew it was possible in real. I am a hardcore fan of Harry Potter.
5) I want to meet Anjali and just stare at her ;)

Children aren't always seen as equal. And unfortunately children realize it soon. In this case its the same too.

Lavanya and Arnav love each other and its definitely not one sided :) Can't say anything more :D

Why Anjali?

RockBarbie thumbnail

Originally posted by: meera30

Resentment is the worst form of emotional damage. And family is in the best place to inflict it for years with or without meaning to. So often you see this in families - you assume one person is more fragile and divert all support in that direction. In the process you end up punishing the other for it. What Arnav has here is so much more heartbreaking - to know that your family blames you for your parents' death, robs you the chance of grieving for them the way a loved one deserves to mourn loss. It is heartbreaking. And as much as I want to be understanding of how human she is, a part of me is happy that his grandmother finally sees what she has been party to. Of Anjali - I wait to see more but it is always terrible to see broken sibling relationships.

Family dynamics is fragile. Kids realize very early in their age the difference in treatments they and their siblings get. One needs to wonder - Anjali, the apple of everyone's eye, if she was in the wrong or whatever, would the reaction be same? She pulls shit and still things don't go wrong with her.

Lavanya and Arnav have something so deep. It's moving and heartening both. A relationship that will always have a little strain and its that edge that ends up defining the beauty of it. (I missed Aman - I really do wait to see more of him and Arnav - that is unexplored and so fascinating!)

Aman and Arnav - I want to explore. Kinda tough though :)

Khushi and the Weasley clock (Your Weasley clock actually now) is like a breath of fresh air. She - with her own hidden hurricane of a past - is fast proving to be the break he needs. Two broken people may or may not make for great relationships but sometimes two people with the pain of their worlds behind them may just be what they need. The best part is that such relationships don't even need names - such a treat to read!

Two broken people may find pieces that are missing in their life that only the other can provide. In some cases however they will never be able to get over their issues. Its tricky to figure out what works and what doesn't.

PS: "Quiet is violent"

I put it randomly in my Gtalk status. Stuck with me :)

PPS: Vimal Raizada and Shankar Jha - that was one scary conversation. The scariest part though is the force that Arnav's genius seems to have been.

RockBarbie thumbnail

Originally posted by: just4this

Hello RB
WOW,What a piece of writing dear friend.
Beautifully written
Thank u for pm and lovely update.

Originally posted by: shafqee80

Wonderful update ..its amazing how u made a bore work so interesting ...hats off

:) thank you

RockBarbie thumbnail

Originally posted by: pinkly

Very nice chapter. OMG... Arnav's whole family blames him for his parents death!! But for how long will they continue this... It's already fourteen years for God's sake.

His father's and mr. Jha seem to be doing illegal stuff. Will wait for the future chapters to read more about it...

I checked the clock link you have given. It looks amazing. Wow .. The boy from duke is a genius who created the clock in reality. Wow...

Very nicely written. I enjoyed reading it.

PS: I like the way Arnav is relaxed around khushi and smiles more often.

Its not that simple. Its death of parents. People will never forgive all their lives let alone fourteen years. that's how world works.

RockBarbie thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kishmish

There is nothing worse in the world than being held responsible for the death

of your own parents and that too by your own sibling and family ...

"Grief is not as heavy as guilt ... but it takes more away from you" but

if the two are combined then its burden can create havoc in your mind ...

More than a decade of not being able to mourn the loss of your parents in

peace over that blamed for being the cause of their death are bound to put

any person in depression and Arnav is after all just a human being ... how long

will he be able to carry this guilt along ...

Thank God for the good friendship between Lavanya , Aman and him ... but

for them he would have been a mental case ...

Humans have this tendency to be more loving towards a person whom they

feel is weaker not realising that the other could be hurting too ...

Thank God that Dadi has finally seen the light and realised what Arnav is

going through ...

Finding solace in the company of a total outsider is not uncommon so am not

surpised one bit that he finally landed up at "Watching" ...

So we shall be seeing them spending more time together because of the clock

she is planning on making for him to gift Aman ... J

She figured out how much she is hurting her grandson by being quiet. Either one really supports or they don't. Just by not talking, grandma stood away from Arnav. And that hurt him.

Something like that yea :)
RockBarbie thumbnail

Originally posted by: archnahardik123

Such a sad past he is carrying with him. Some of doubts are clear about Arnav and anjali. 

It's true both of them lost their parents, where one get full attention other left alone to deal with his pain along with accusations. His heart is broken completely and h dis searching some peace with friends or lavanya till now . But looks like time has come when he fix his stopped watch.
There is some peace between them in such a short time. And without conversation they can sit and do their own work. 
Conversations between his grandma and emotions felt through is beautiful written.
Marvellous 

maybe i should write Anjali a little more. We have been seeing her from only one perspective :)
RockBarbie thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aashmin

Honestly I don't know how to express my thoughts... I mean I'm not that good at words... While reading I felt all the emotions building up with in me... I was feeling it actually... Arnav.. Lavanya... Dadi... Lot of emotions..

Thanks for writing. :) I am glad the update was able to resonate with you.

Originally posted by: elinad

Awesome update...
Loved it

Originally posted by: savvz

awesome...

you write beautifully dear...

btw.. the clock ... *thumbs up*..
am going to see if i can build this up... i was in search of a grandfather clock for so long... but this is so much better... :)

Good luck! Do share your progress :)

Originally posted by: srmirji

Thanks for such an informative update...I didn't know about Weasley clock... the article is interesting

Your update also gives a glimpse of the past along with the emotions buried deep within Arnav.. Intriguing...

Thanks
Sri

You are welcome :)

RockBarbie thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mrieshka

Another brilliant update😛. Arnav is in so much pain for so long that too inflicted by his own family--what can be worse than it specially for doing the right thing. This happens so commonly that the emotionally weak person gets all the attention and affection in the family and most deserving person is left stranded. Grandmother is too late to show her remorse, the damage has been already done.

But Arnav is very lucky to have at least good friends which is nothing  less than a treasure. 

Oh--this watch making seems to be a genius's work and so happy to see Khushi who is strong and competent although seems to be hiding a tsunami of her past. I am really inrigued for the rest of story now.
 Thanks for the PM😊.

Some times one cannot recover from childhood damages. That's just how it is. Arnav, though has gone through so much in his life has had luck with his friends. He has his friends to fall back on, people who he call as his own. Another family, of sorts.
RockBarbie thumbnail

Originally posted by: bakwas_serial

_ Amazing. 
- Arms, military, politicians in same sentence leaves a bad taste in one's mouth.  If your actions direct or indirect is a cause  of harm to a loved one.. is a heavy burden to carry.   Time heals, you may not forget but learn to forgive yourself but spite and resentment from family...

- 10 years and Nani still wants more time for things to settle? Too weak to face the music ?

- Seeing a psychiatrist  means you are crazy.  Even witn time Anjali is still shallow.

- If not for Lavanya and Aman would be have able to survive ?  On their death anniversary he seeks solace with a stranger not his close friends.  There is a calmness in their interaction.

PS  No relaxation tea required after this update

Nani is spineless. She has doted on Anjali and now its showing. :)
MarySue thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
KHUSHI IS MAKING A WEASLEY CLOCK. OMG. 
Thankyou so much for providing the info and links! i so badly hope i will be able to make it for my mom when i get over high school.
Its amazing! Atleast there's something that can make me feel less of a muggle. 

Sorry for the rant, the potterhead inside me is freaking out.

Now about the chapter, i love how Arnav went to Khushi to find solace. Its cute. My heart goes out to Arnav when i read about his situation. Looking forward to read more about past and ofcourse Arnav Khushi's bonding! 

AND YAY ARNAV IS A POTTERHEAD!