India-Forums

Ek Duje Ke Vaaste
Ek Duje Ke Vaaste

TS: What You Mean To Me ; UPDATED Pg 5

LilyPotter Senior Member
LilyPotter
LilyPotter

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 4:31am | IP Logged

Hello, everyone. A huge thank you to  misha2009,  indranigupta,  -Shilpaa-,  Prasanna_dhanu,  mizzundaztud,  ShadikaIshVeer,  

Sanika.,  OmaRamdass,  prc_fan1,  SahSah..Steph..,  -Swetha-,,Artist_Forever, yurimehta11, poppinss, EasternViolet., mineforever, crazy_vaish, --fero--,-Shilpaa-Sanika. ShadikaIshVeer for welcoming me with open arms. Big smileFor those of you I was unable to individually reply, I'm really sorry, but so are the woes of a Groupbie.Cry

Also, this OS is dedicated to Mahi aka Artist_Forever. Thank You, Mahi for encouraging me to join this forum, and being there for me.Hug

This OS showcases Shravan's turmoil at Suman's despair.  Enjoy!

What You Mean To Me

Shravan felt his heart breaking as he watched her walk away. He couldn't stop berating himself as he remembered her sorrow, her despair at having lost the only chance to clear her mother's name.

It was him. He was the cause of her anguish, the reason for her unhappiness.  And he wouldn't ever forgive himself for it, even though he knew she would, eventually.

When he had come back from London, he had deluded himself into believing that he had moved on. That he was over her.

Determined to hate her, he had exacted his revenge on her at that party. What had surprised him, then, was the fact that revenge didn't make him feel at peace with his past. If anything, it only heightened his confusion.

He was sure that one wasn't supposed to care about the person you claim to hate. Then, why did he? Wasn't he supposed to feel satisfied and vindicated, as he watched her suffer through the pain of humiliation, of rejection? Then, why didn't he?

Yet, they had had a new start, and began anew. And she gave them, and their friendship, a second chance.

He hadn't believed it to be possible, for them to be friends again. But she hadn't got rid of her old, Sumo-like habits and had proved him wrong once again. And never had he been gladder for it.

He still did not believe that they would ever be able to return to who they had been, back then. But he didn't mind, was grateful for it too. Why, you ask? The answer is quite simple. He truly believed, not to mention was hopeful, that they were headed somewhere better.

They weren't there, yet. And wouldn't be for a long time. But they were getting there, and, hey, you know what they say, slow and steady wins the race? Well, he knew that victory would be theirs in the end.

Things between them had been becoming better, until he decided to ruin it with his hasty decision.

He had been tensed, frustrated at the lack of progress in the case. Sumo, Nanaji, and the entire family's despair and hopelessness had only served to increase his turmoil.

Yet, he could have borne it all with dignity. One thing he couldn't, however, was her disappointment. He was afraid that he would fail her, let her down. And he couldn't bear to have her think any less of him, for his worth to lower in her eyes.

Yes, he said to himself, he admitted that. He, Shravan Malhotra, could fight against the entire world, but was helpless in front of his Sumo.

Sumo had been so stressed, nowadays. He had been desperate to bring a smile on his face, which would only come on winning the case.

So, that's what he'd done. He'd hanged on to his father's advice like an anchor and acted impulsively on the first inference he drew.

His brow furrowed as he pondered his father's advice. Did his father actually mean for him to pay Khosla and end the case? Could it be that he had misunderstood, and his father meant something else entirely?

What if he actually meant for him to make so ironclad a case against the opposition, which they'd be afraid to take it to the court and back off themselves?

Understanding dawned on him, as he slapped the back of his head. Of course, that's exactly what his father meant, and what a fool he'd been.

He felt a smile growing on his face, as he came with the idea.

Oh, Khosla would rue the day he came to cross Shravan Malhotra. For it was a fact, whoever messed with his Sumo, messed with him.

He would need everybody's help in the plan, especially Sumo. But more than that, he needed her encouragement, her whole hearted support and above all, her forgiveness. And he'd get it at any cost. For he was no other than Shravan Malhotra, and Shravan Malhotra gets what he wants, he thought with a smirk.

As he headed towards his car, his last thought was, I knew having that Mentos earlier had been a good idea.'

Kudos to anyone who's able to guess the correct meaning of the last line.LOL

The misunderstood and courage reference is my way of thanking Regina and ShadikalshVeer, both of whom displayed a very genuine interest in my OS and asked me to PM them when I did. So, Thank You, Regina and ShadikaIshVeer ,for though the gesture may have been small, it meant a whole lot.Big smile

Do you all like it? Love it? Hate it? Do tell me through your reviews. I really appreciate them.

If anyone wants, I can write a second part showing Shravan's apology and Suman's subsequent reaction. Do you'll want me to? Please tell me through your reviews.Embarrassed

Also, Mahi, I know I promised you ShraMan romance and I will fulfill my promise, either through the second part of this OS, if people want me to write it or through another OS.Wink

Constructive criticism is most welcome, high to the sky praise even more so.CoolLOL

Edited by LilyPotter - 30 April 2016 at 10:17am

The following 35 member(s) liked the above post:

jassu7misha2009tv_n_bookwormPrettyRapunzelpotterginnyaash2302shivani_aglSugarbabe14super_boyravzssnehac2Prasanna_dhanucrazy_vaishmizzundaztudindraniguptajazmeenarunsunita_gmZenab78GurveenpoppinssShadikaIshVeerpinky.paddaLifez_BeautifulAutumn_Hueorion23asyaarshiloverSahSahKostinsQueenmineforeverRi21.-Amethyst-.Manan_fab5_ky2_Eternity_MisHumptyDumptyMysticRiver

orion23 IF-Sizzlerz
orion23
orion23

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 4:35am | IP Logged
This was really good! Loved it!! 
Shravan's self though and turmoil.. bang on!

And the mentos bitLOL jal hi gayi dimag ki battiCool

I would like a part twoEmbarrassed

Edited by orion23 - 21 April 2016 at 9:27am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LilyPotter

Onie... Goldie
Onie...
Onie...

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 4:39am | IP Logged
Mentos khao dimaag ki batti jalao

Edited by Onie... - 21 April 2016 at 4:39am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

potterginnyLilyPotter

LilyPotter Senior Member
LilyPotter
LilyPotter

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 4:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Onie...

Mentos khao dimaag ki batti jalao

Kudos to you for guessing it.LOL
mineforever IF-Sizzlerz
mineforever
mineforever

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 5:03am | IP Logged
Really good OS Lily..
loved it.. Heart
Plz do write the second part..
and ya got the mentos part.. Wink

LilyPotter

LilyPotter Senior Member
LilyPotter
LilyPotter

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 5:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mineforever

Really good OS Lily..
loved it.. Heart
Plz do write the second part..
and ya got the mentos part.. Wink

Thank You, I will.Embarrassed
Congrats! LOL

mineforever

trolldemort. IF-Stunnerz
trolldemort.
trolldemort.

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 5:24am | IP Logged
I hope I don't offend anyone when I say this! 
I am super effing glad to read a decent OS with the grammar intact and on point ! 

I know, I am weird like that ! but good grammar matters ! LOL

and THANK YOU for this brilliant piece ! 
I LOVE it ! 

He has always been a big softie when it came to Sumo! Now he is just bigger, softer and better :D Ehhh ! I guess that was the Mentos reference right???? I could be wrong !!! ROFL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

jassu7aash2302LilyPotter

asyaarshilover IF-Sizzlerz
asyaarshilover
asyaarshilover

Posted: 21 April 2016 at 5:36am | IP Logged
Amazing dear...I loved it throughoutClap

LilyPotter

Go to top