Swaragini

India-Forums

Swaragini
Swaragini

SwaSan SS: Sweet Deals (Completed) (Page 61)

Nynaeve IF-Dazzler
Nynaeve
Nynaeve

Posted: 02 August 2016 at 3:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by CogitoErgoSum

Sigh Confused Confused...I must confess, Nynu; that I have been sort of mildly putting off this comment. Work has been a tad tight today, but all the same, the main reason for me pushing this by at least a few hours, was the fact that I hated to feel I was at the end of this journey. Emotional crank that I am!! Confused
It feels hard to bid goodbye to something that was so sweet, so delectable. Even though I know the entire Fic is on the forum, for us to greedily savor and relish again in the future. Silly, I know. But there it is...

The writer me is delirious with happiness reading and re-reading the above lines, and I think it is such warm wonderful comments that take away a part of the emptiness I feel now that I do not have anything to write in this tale - but then it had to come to an end.

I loved this ending...it gave that feeling of a warm glow, a picture of a family that has healed from the the happenings of the past and come together again, discovered joy and bliss and contentment again.

All of the families did suffer, one way or the other, so it was only right that all of them have their own version of a happy endingSmile

Sujata's near delirious relishing of Swara's rosogullas was awesome. I LOVE rosogullas, BTW, they are my favorite dessert (along with badam halwa, kaju rolls, Toblerone and Cote D'Or Chocolates...Yes, I have a sweet tooth! LOLWink) I was grinning at your description of her making perfunctory snide remarks about a bengali bahu, till she tasted Shomi's rosogullas. And then her demanding that Swara should only bring with her, her skill in making this delectable treat, and insisting she prepare this for her rasoi ki rasam. LOL Oh Sujju is so priceless! LOL Ram's recollections of her foibles was priceless! So she sniffed that Sunny as a baby was too red faced and scrawny; and Uttara as too tiny and mousy? LOL ROFL The hospital nurses and the gynaec must have had their hands full with her!

Rasogullas - my favourite too, in spite of me not having a sweet tooth, I so miss the ones in Jamshedpur. Few shops in Hyderabad match to my memories of those succulent white balls floating in sugary syrup, so I am sure most of us can understand Sujju's fascination for the same. 
Given her habit of never liking anything at first sight, it was easy to imagine her not liking her new born kids either - the hospital nurses must truly be bewildered by her, imagine her saying " jijiii, yeh mhara chora, itna lal aur patla, na baba na!ROFLROFLROFL 
Ram truly has the patience of a saint, which must where Sanskaar gets his patience from, to deal with SwaraWink

Loved the nuance and subtlety you put into the AP---Ragini equation. It was a lovely twist, AP feeling a tad jealous that Sujata had a bahu in Swara, whose skills AP would have so wanted in her own. Smile And the fact that Sujju didn't care about those accomplishments, she loved Swara for her qualities, rankling AP a bit further----that little nugget felt so realistic. People do think this way sometimes...

Most people do think that way, they are blind to what they have, jealous of what others have and then upset that the others do not think the way they do and feel they should right fully have that quality or thing or person as they are capable of appreciating it better. But then it is not a few qualities that define a person completely, it that something else, a willingness to love and respect, to give and take that matters in any relationship.
AP is a great cook and a singer, so the fact that her daughter in law did not have those to qualities must have rankled a lot, till she realises the true value of what she has. Ragini did win AP over, by striking a chord in her heart (bad punOuch

Sunny as goolu ka ghulam. LOLROFL And as I said before, he wouldn't let this tag rankle him at all...he would so calmly agree it was completely true! Loved the way you sketched his innate nature here----of expressing his deep feelings with absolute abandon, with no constraints whatsoever. He would have no qualms showing his ardent love for his wife; just as he threw himself into the family business with such resolute passion. It is who he is, and he is at ease with that.

Sunny silencing Swara most effectively----that image will stay with us forever, no? Embarrassed Wink

Goolu ka Ghulam - I am so proud of myself for coming up with this tagEvil Smile but then it does describe Sunny without demeaning him in the least. He loves his wife, she is very reasonable in what she asked, so if doing what she wanted was to be labelled as such, he is absolutely fine, no issues at all (at least those meaning "problems" not the other onesWink, though he would want to wait for a couple of yearsWinkWink). 

Sunny silencing Swara - very effective, especially as she has a tendency to simply melt and disappear into his arms which would lead to some other actionsWinkEmbarrassed

Loved the whole bit about Ragini's cooking skills, or should I say, the lack of them. LOL And the little snippet that she was actually not as bad as she let on, and she manipulated her failures to make Lucky or Sanskaar won their bets. LOL

Ragini would definitely not be above a little mischief and pretense, she could not be such a bad cook, considering she was trained by Dadi and Dragon Das, so if the family had fun placing bets, she had her revenge manipulating her failures. Fair game.LOL

So Mrs Shobha (Ex Dragon) Das Wink is now officially Ma to Shomi, as well as Dida to the girls. Felt so emotionally satisfying, the thought that she found family in them; and they in her, in a sense. The Dida---Dadi culinary wars was classic. Eternal Frenemies they shall remain! LOL Wink Do you think they love to hate each other, or hate to love each other? Wink That whole bit of their cookery contests, with nobody being unable to judge between them conclusively was rib ticklingly funny.

Mrs. Das so deserved it, right, she took a big chance when she took those girls in (though it cannot be denied that even the girls took a huge risk going with her, an absolute stranger) and invested her time and heart in them. She did so much good, so she gets more in return. She gets her granddaughters, found her daughter in Sharmishta and discovered a friend / enemy in Dadi. And I think they actually did not mind who won their contests, as long as every dish they made was licked cleanLOL

The lovely picture of tranquil contentment in the end---with Shomi and Shekar looking happily over at their laughing daughters, Sanskaar having made a wisecrack at Lakshya's expense; with Dadi and Dida gently mock squabbling over the quantity of food on that groaning, about to collapse table...was pure bliss.

That should help erase the pain and misery of the five years of estrangement they suffered, not knowing what happened to their daughters, not sure of them being alive, watching their family being whole and added to, laughter rebounding... 

I will be reading this again, again and again...Just like I quite like swirling my swigs of adrak and elaichi chai around my mouth. Wink Brings out the flavor...and I must say, I am on Swara's side as regards the Great beverage debate. Wink

And I with Sunny boy - though to be fair, I made him a coffee lover but still, a love affair with coffee - is a lifetime oneSmile

But for now, as elated as I am at the thought of re reading...I must say again, Nynu...that I feel quite bad that this journey has ended. Do look forward to embarking on the Forgotten Memories train with you soon (make that very soon, if possible? EmbarrassedSmile)

Forgotten memories - I am going to post the progress in my siggy (already given the progress till dateLOL), that will ensure I work on it every daySmile

Loads of Love,

----Viji

Dear Viji,

Replied in blue above,

love,
Nyna

Nynaeve IF-Dazzler
Nynaeve
Nynaeve

Posted: 02 August 2016 at 4:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tootiefrootie11

Res for the lovely epilogue :) X
Nyna dearest Hug

I have prevaricated enough and dragged my feet long enough to avoid doing this as it signals the end of a story that I savoured for its sweetness but other flavours I commented on before too Embarrassed. A very fitting end to this delectably spun tale.  A really wonderful journey you took us on from. The coffee shop will stay in my memories, I can almost smell the scents and see SwaSan sitting there for hours, gently and beautifully falling in love and I also see a fiery Ragini come into her own in a very nicely surprising manner and even Laikshya grow up as we travel through the chapters. ClapClapClap

And I am so elated to read the above, especially from someone like you. I am right now quite proud of myself having taken a chance and posted the storyBlushingBlushingBlushingBlushing

This epilogue so rounded everything up in style. I loved the humour you infused in so many parts of this story - it was subtle and yet worked so well. My fave bit here of that was the description of Sujata and how she even managed to find fault in her own babies when they were born- that was epic LOLLOL

Sujju - her trademark trait is not too like anything at first glance, so it was natural to extend it to the first glimpse of her kids, and truly speaking, only she could carry it off also - her grumbling about how her bad her kids looked to her at first sight (she must have expected them to look like those babies they show in ads - most of them are about three months old so are quite chubby and cuteLOLLOL)

The little touch about Mrs Das was very nice too- loved how you fit her in and made her the Dida of this piece! 

Mrs. Das - she deserved a family the most - she took a chance with two strangers and gave them of her time and affection (though she never did display that emotion, she did love them) as it is said, "the good you do, comes back to you." Here, Mrs. Das got a friend, a daughter and granddaughters - a complete family. She is indeed Dida here. Smile

The rest all flowed so well too. I already told you how powerfully you etched Ragini and the bit about how you made AP get over her hesitancy with her was so smooth, I was clapping. Oh and try deftly delved into AP's persona there- really well done I thought. 

Ragini - she was the surprise- I am not sure but somewhere, she sort of kidnapped the tale, it was a SwaSan story with Ragini as the heroineLOLLOL. AP and Ragini - all AP needed to see was that the language of music could be spoken in many ways and that in any relationship it is love and respect that matter rather than skills. So when Ragini did something which even her sons never did, she had to surrender and let go of her objections

SwaSan of course were adorable and my absolute fave part was the effective manner Sanskaar found to shut his exasperatingly adorable wife up Blushing.

That was indeed a very effective manner, considering that Swara always ends up melting and disappearing in his arms afterwards, which could lead to certain other interesting actions, which Sunny boy would not hesitate to act uponWink Blushing

You literally didn't miss anything or anyone out and left us scooping up every little crumb and savouring the aftertaste but missing that this delicious treat, like all good things, has ended Cry. But no tears for long as the memories is leaves are simply too tasty and sweet to feel bad Big smile. I have probably said many times before, but I felt with this story you really came into your own, this is such gently tale as such but still potent in its own right. I am eagerly awaiting the next offering- do I hear that you have already got one part written or am I getting confused? I expect one so I am wishing it all up! 

Again you make me goBlushingBlushingBlushingBlushingBlushing 
The next one is in the pipeline "Forgotten Memories" I have decided not to start posting till I have a final draftD'ohD'oh in place- to ensure I stick to writing it, I have already reserved the posts  and have posted the progress in my siggy (I am so deadDeadDead)

Till we meet on the next one, I will have the memories of this one and will savour those as we must do such sweet deals Big smile

Love always,
Shru xoxo 

Dear Shru,

Replied in blue above,

love,
Nyna
Nynaeve IF-Dazzler
Nynaeve
Nynaeve

Posted: 02 August 2016 at 4:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by krishuuu

Nyna dear...
I was literally delaying my comment as i dont know what to say...i was soo waiting for your chapter 11 update...n when i have read that i was soo elated..but when i came to know it was last part ..i was shocked n sad..i had so imagine 14 to 15 chapter..or any twist...but you wrap up the story.soo mean...but as it is said every good thing comes to end..so this beautifull journey ends too...n i soo wish u begin a new journey soon...

Chapter 11 was stupendous...we witness ragini giving lakshya chance..n the marriage preparation of both jodi..but thanks to ragini wise thinking she took good decision for swara n herself...her own apprehension of annapoorna not accepting her was amazingly penned down..n swasan like good sister n jeeju comforted her enough..lucky wasinitially angry with her fir delaying their marriage but he understtood her n supported her decision... last swasan conversation if being soulmates was fab..i have read that part like soo many time..i just love sansku words...soo heavenly...

Loved it baby...thank u for this...

Love
Talia

Dear Talia,

No twists was what I had promised in the very beginning - it is a "sugar and spice, everything nice" tale. A fairy tale sort of story. LOL

Ragini finally decided that Laksh did deserve forgiveness for he had truly repented and had taken steps to make amends. He gave her the space and time she needed and she finally decided that he could be forgiven.

There was no way I would have had a joint wedding, that was one thing I hated in the show Angry- since neither Swara nor Sanskaar would raise any objection, it had to be Ragini. I am glad the reasons she gave went so well with you. And yes, Lakshya never thought about what  a joint wedding would mean, "a joint anniversary" every year for the rest of their lives, he was a bit upset about having to wait for RaginiWink

Sanskaar explanation to the soul mate theory was a practical one but both agreed, irrespective of what they think or argue about destiny and free will, they can never deny the truth that they are now meant for each other and they would be together.

Glad to know you loved it.Did you read the epilogue too?

love,
Nyna

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

krishuuuuuuuuuu

Nynaeve IF-Dazzler
Nynaeve
Nynaeve

Posted: 02 August 2016 at 4:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by The.Lannister

(I think I am the only one who doesnt like Cas. I find him v annoying & totally useless as an angel. I used to love Ruby & Charlie till they killed them both. Oh, and btw do you remember the "oh death" song? Fabulous wasn't it? Death never looked so deadly ever beforeDay Dreaming It still gives me goosebumps every time I watch that scene)

My runny nose is now a "walky" noseWink (Good to hear thatLOL)

And on the subject of sarcastic, hot men...do you watch Suits? Do watch itDay Dreaming Harvey Specter & some of his lines...Heart

I liked Ruby played by Katie Cassidy, not the one played by Genevieve Cortese (who is now Jared's wife). And how could I forget Charlie - I hated her being killed AngryAngryAngry-  loved the 'sibling' bond she shared with Dean.
Oh Death - is a deadly song - and it is his face that I recall whenever I think of Book Thief (the narrator of the story is Death) and the twist - Death dying / killed by Dean (what do you think the theological implications for this are D'oh)

Though my favourite is "Carry on my wayward son". Do you remember Dean's impromptu dance to the song  - eye of the tiger? Season 4 I think.

And no, I have not watched the Suits seriously - just caught a few scenes. It is nice, will try to catch up with them. Currently watching Blacklist  - only for James SpaderSmile

Edited by Nynaeve - 02 August 2016 at 5:05am

The.Lannister

The.Lannister IF-Stunnerz
The.Lannister
The.Lannister

Posted: 02 August 2016 at 10:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nynaeve

I liked Ruby played by Katie Cassidy, not the one played by Genevieve Cortese (who is now Jared's wife). And how could I forget Charlie - I hated her being killed AngryAngryAngry-  loved the 'sibling' bond she shared with Dean.
Oh Death - is a deadly song - and it is his face that I recall whenever I think of Book Thief (the narrator of the story is Death) and the twist - Death dying / killed by Dean (what do you think the theological implications for this are D'oh)

Though my favourite is "Carry on my wayward son". Do you remember Dean's impromptu dance to the song  - eye of the tiger? Season 4 I think.

And no, I have not watched the Suits seriously - just caught a few scenes. It is nice, will try to catch up with them. Currently watching Blacklist  - only for James SpaderSmile

@Ruby: I used to like both of them. Those were some really good episodes of SPN where Sam was fighting his evil side.

@Charlie: she was just adorable. I loved every single thing about her

@Death dying: ROFL Why do you think I just watch the show for its dialogues now???LOL It doesnt make much sense nowLOL

Yes Carry on my Wayward Son is every SPN fan's anthemEmbarrassed And ofc I remember Jensen's dance to Eye of the Tiger LOL
Nynaeve IF-Dazzler
Nynaeve
Nynaeve

Posted: 02 August 2016 at 10:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by The.Lannister

@Ruby: I used to like both of them. Those were some really good episodes of SPN where Sam was fighting his evil side.

@Charlie: she was just adorable. I loved every single thing about her

@Death dying: ROFL Why do you think I just watch the show for its dialogues now???LOL It doesnt make much sense nowLOL

Yes Carry on my Wayward Son is every SPN fan's anthemEmbarrassed And ofc I remember Jensen's dance to Eye of the Tiger LOL

I so miss CharlieCry Cry- hope they "bring" her back, like they did for Bobby SingerSmile

Death dying - my all time favourite - though the question is - with death dead will anyone else die, if they do - how is it soShocked

Guess we will all keep singing - Carry on my wayward sonEmbarrassedEmbarrassed for all eternityWink

The.Lannister

krishuuuuuuuuuu Goldie
krishuuuuuuuuuu
krishuuuuuuuuuu

Posted: 03 August 2016 at 3:15pm | IP Logged
Nyna dearest...Smile

I have read epilogue...multiple times know...Winkyou sumed up this journey quite amazingly n beautifully...one word for this ff..it would be VARIETY...i have read soo many ff..this was quite different...Clap n as it is said variety my dear is spice of life...Smile it was indeed spicy..juicy..sweet etcClap

Epilogue was full with every character mostly...sujjata the way she accepted swara...well we got one new thing from thiss ff it is goolu ka ghulam..i just loved these words...annapoorna her initial hesitation to accrpt ragini n finally she accepted..swasan n their understanding n love..raglak their support n nokh jhok...everything was fantasticly woven...just simply adore it..Clap

Again thank u for this...i loved one qoute or saying..it was something like...FAMILY SHOULD BE LIKE FUDGE ..MOSTLY SWEET WITH LOTS OF NUTS...i just loved this sentence...Embarrassed

I feel swaragini forum n u guys are my little family too...Smile sweet n lots of nuts...LOLthank u again..will wait for your next ff..

Love..muahhhWink
Talia

Edited by krishuuuuuuuuuu - 03 August 2016 at 3:34pm

Nynaeve

Nynaeve IF-Dazzler
Nynaeve
Nynaeve

Posted: 04 August 2016 at 2:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by krishuuu

Nyna dearest...Smile

I have read epilogue...multiple times know...Winkyou sumed up this journey quite amazingly n beautifully...one word for this ff..it would be VARIETY...i have read soo many ff..this was quite different...Clap n as it is said variety my dear is spice of life...Smile it was indeed spicy..juicy..sweet etcClap

Variety is indeed the spice of life - so glad the you could relate to all the flavours of life in this tale - spicy, sour, slightly bitter but sweet.

Epilogue was full with every character mostly...sujjata the way she accepted swara...well we got one new thing from thiss ff it is goolu ka ghulam..i just loved these words...annapoorna her initial hesitation to accrpt ragini n finally she accepted..swasan n their understanding n love..raglak their support n nokh jhok...everything was fantasticly woven...just simply adore it..Clap

I had to wrap up the taleSmile - and it was fun right, Sujju loving Swara though she accepted her mainly for the delicious rasogullas that she could make. Sanskaar would also like that tag - he loves Swara with every cell of his body, the very fibre of his being, so if his mother (who does have a sarcastic sense of humour) labelled him as such, he would not care - it is the truth. 
AP took time to realise that skills do not define a person as much as their nature does. 

Again thank u for this...i loved one qoute or saying..it was something like...FAMILY SHOULD BE LIKE FUDGE ..MOSTLY SWEET WITH LOTS OF NUTS...i just loved this sentence...Embarrassed
I feel swaragini forum n u guys are my little family too...Smile sweet n lots of nuts...LOLthank u again..will wait for your next ff..

Your are right - this SR forum is indeed a family and does meet the quotation in all respects - it is like fudge, mostly sweet but full of nutsSmile
Love..muahhhWink
Talia

Dear Talia,

Replied in blue above,

love,
Nyna

krishuuuuuuuuuu

Go to top