Swaragini

India-Forums

Swaragini
Swaragini

SwaSan SS: Sweet Deals (Completed) (Page 52)

Nynaeve IF-Dazzler
Nynaeve
Nynaeve

Posted: 18 July 2016 at 1:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by CogitoErgoSum

Originally posted by CogitoErgoSum

Res for Chapter 10 Smile

My Dearest Nynu  Hug  Hug

A wonderfully conceived and written chapter. The way the cookie crumbles, indeed! LOL Clap Clap That sounded so delicious...and also reminded me of the catchphrase in one of my favorite films "Bruce Almighty". 

The way the cookie crumbles - it is delicious, right - also reminds of the cookie crumbs that remain in the jar and they are mostly of chocolate chips (my favourite cookie)

Shomi's reaction when Durga Prasad brought his family to their home, to explain what Lakshya had done, and ti seek forgiveness---awesome, splendid, ferociously maternal. She did and said everything that a mother in her place would have said. It was wonderfully described. Clap Clap

Shomi was on fire and on the warpath, for five years she held on to the hope that her daughters were alive, that her daughters had not left home for a guy and here comes the news that it was indeed Lakhya's absolute cowardice that was partly the cause for them leaving home - she had to get everything out

Swara explaining to Ragini that she did not hold any grudges against Lakshya anymore---the way she said that to be fair, had Lakshya turned up that day, Ragini would never have met her very best-est friend in the whole world, and Swara the love of her life, was again, a wonderful touch!

Swara is now so secure in and sure of Sanskaar, that she has neither the  time nor the heart to bear any grudges towards Lakshya, which does give her the chance to see the events in a new light - she was also to blame for running away from home but on the other hand, it did lead to one the best things to happen to them, the entry of Sanskaar into their lives and partly also to have Ragini and Lakshya meet

I also particularly loved your explanation of why Sanskaar would be able to persuade Ragini to consider and adopt a course of action, even though she might have vehemently opposed it in the first place. It was not just because she adored him so much, as her best friend as a quasi brotherly figure, but also because the way he patiently explained it to her, laid out the rationale and justification with his usual calm analysis, she would begin to see all its merits, and feel this was what she had wanted to do in the first place! Smile That's the hallmark of a true well wisher with impeccable persuasion and negotiation skills. Not to make the other person do what he wants---but to make them understand why that course of action is what they should do, in their own best interest. Subtly yet wonderfully described, there.

That is how and what friends should be, right - to let us know the exact way things stand, stripped of all subjectivity so that we can take more reasonable a far better course of action, rather then let emotions blind our thinking and we end up taking a course which we shall surely repent. And Ragini knew her best friend quite well, she afterall did trust him so much that she had declared that she would not go ahead in her relationship if he or Swara did not approve of it. So she was prepared that whatever was told to her, would not be to her liking but could be for her own good.

Sanskaar leaning casually against the pillar. Embarrassed That image...Day Dreaming There is something very fascinating about someone so focused and purposeful, ostensibly taking a relaxed, laid back stance. Its like a calm collection of formidable faculties before the charge. Wink

That is such a dreamy scene - right ?
Day Dreaming Day Dreaming Day Dreaming Day Dreaming 

Before that, I really loved how you described Swara gobbling rasgullas, listening to Shomi explaining what had transpired before they returned home. And each time Swara blushed at her mother's teasing "your Sanskaar", I was grinning and giggling to myself! LOLEmbarrassed It was such a homely, lovely moment shared between mother and daughters. And Mrs Das had sternly tested Sanskaar and found him worthy of Swara huh? LOL Loved the protective dragon guarding her wee chick here! Wink And of course, the decision was the correct one. Wink

The mother and daughters' scene - I liked that too, while I was writing it down- Sharmishta knew her daughters would relish those rasogullas and both the sisters let themselves go here. It was the final acknowledgement that all was forgiven and no grudges harboured by anyone. Swara blushing, it was nice for her to know that everyone was aware and quite a relief for her too, Mrs. Das neatly cleared that ground for them, I think she knew that if left to themselves, they could have taken a lot more time to tell the elders.
As to testing Sanskaar, she was the grandmother here and determined to "nip the fledgling romance in the bud" if found unsuitable by her. But then Sanskaar is quite irresistible to everyone and she found him more than suitable for her SwaraWink

Ragini came across as so mature, so level headed here. She acknowledged that she and Lakshya loved each other---she did not doubt that love. But she certainly needed time to forgive him for the way he treated her sister. And for that, she wanted time and space to think things through---which she would get when she went back to Mumbai to wind up Swara and her pending matters at work. So Lucky is going to permanently shift to Mumbai, so as to avoid causing discomfort to Swara by his presence----The dude certainly has done some thinking through, and is displaying signs of maturity after all. That goes to show the depth of his feelings for Ragini. I wonder too, if Sankaar's level headed advice and counsel had something to do with this decision?

Ragini - certainly her stint of running away alongwith Swara and then actually getting a real good dose of reality, did make her mature and level headed. She really worked hard at her studies and then working in a corporate world, did round off those corners which she had when they stayed in the Baadi. She is quite clear in what she wants and is capable of making an objective decision which is practically sound too. (partly Sanskaar rubbing off on her - he must really applaud her decision). Lakshya - he also realised what love is, once he fell for Ragini he knew that what he felt for Swara was mere infatuation but in his cowardice did cause her a lot of grief. Hence the decision to shift to Mumbai - which did go a long way in showing his remorse and also enables him to prove to Ragini that he is truly sorry for what he did, or rather what he did not do.

Loved the way Ragini said that she would want Swara and Sanskaar to get engaged at the earliest---he had waited so long for Swara to realize and accept her burgeoning feelings for him. It would be completely unfair for them to wait till such time she and Lakshya resolved all the issues hanging in the air between them.

That was a decision that none could disagree with, and it also took off some pressure on her, so that she could actually make a decision in a little better frame of mind, so that any delay on her side would not needlessly make them wait. They have already waited quite some time for Swara to get over, "I love him but am not sure stage"
Wink

And so the stage is set for Swara and Sanskaar's sagai. Lovely. Sweet Deal, the sweetest---save for the wedding, of course! Embarrassed There aren't any sour of bitter surprises in store, no? My poor heart! Big smile

No bitter surprises in store - my sweet story will have only sweet endingsSmileSmile

Loads of Love,

----Viji

Dear Viji,

Replied in blue above,

love,
Nyna

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Cogito_Ergo_Sum

Nynaeve IF-Dazzler
Nynaeve
Nynaeve

Posted: 18 July 2016 at 1:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sneharay

Superb update.. Loved it Clap

Dear Sneha,

Glad to know that you loved it.

love,
Nyna
Nynaeve IF-Dazzler
Nynaeve
Nynaeve

Posted: 18 July 2016 at 1:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by krishuuu

Nyna dear...
Im late...sorry

Dear Talia, Please no sorry (Gross volition of Sunny Boy's ruleSmile)

Chapter 9 n 10 were superb jointly...

I am so happy to read thatEmbarrassed

I just loved how u formed entire background from swaragini runningfrom home n meeting Mrs Das...how gadodia n maheswari family womens knew each other..they knew how swaragini family suffered after knowing about their daughter disappearance n news of their false death...all they emotion they felt were carefully n amazingly woven...

The background stories - I was a trifle worried but then reading your comment, I am both relieved and happy. Yes, the slight twist was the Gadodias and Maheshwaris knowing each other, I felt it possible as that is a bit common when one community stays in a state which is not there own.

I just adore sansku how he handled everything with mrs Das for swaragini return...lucky apologised wholleheartedly but itwill take time to forgive him completely.afterall soo many years have gone now..swaragini seperated from their family.

Sanskaar - he is indeed so adorable.Day Dreaming and he had a very willing accomplice in Mrs. Das. Yes, Lakshya has grown up and decides to both apologise and atone for his role. The rest might forgive him easier than Ragini - she made it clear that she finds it difficult for her to forgive him for dumping her sister. But she is sure that he does truly love her.

Was happy to know family found out about swasan...want happy life forthem...raglak needed time to sort out their differences...hoping everything will be fine...waiting eagerly for next..

Yes - the road is clear for SwaSan - Ragini needs time and Lakshya is willing to give her that time - they should sort out their differences, afterall next chapter is the final one.

Love
Talia

Dear Talia,

Replied in blue above,

love,
Nyna

krishuuuuuuuuuu

Nynaeve IF-Dazzler
Nynaeve
Nynaeve

Posted: 18 July 2016 at 2:02am | IP Logged
Dear Friends,
I am sure I have finally caught up with all your wonderful comments, in case I have missed out, please do let me know. 

I am now going to start un-reserving my long pending res. But I also hope to have the final chapter up by tonight or maximum by tomorrow.

love,
Nyna

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

krishuuuuuuuuuuiam_aheli_98

Nynaeve IF-Dazzler
Nynaeve
Nynaeve

Posted: 22 July 2016 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
Dear Friends and lovely readers,
Well, I have finally updated the last chapter of this short story on page 2- Chapter 11. However,  whether it is a befitting end for this tale or not, is for you to decide and I anxiously await your verdict.

I have drafted the epilogue and should be able to post it by mid next week or maximum over the next weekend.

love,
Nyna

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

krishuuuuuuuuuuCogito_Ergo_Sum

Cogito_Ergo_Sum IF-Rockerz
Cogito_Ergo_Sum
Cogito_Ergo_Sum

Posted: 22 July 2016 at 12:24pm | IP Logged
Res Smile
Will do my utmost to un res over the weekend, Nynu. Off to read now. Smile

Nynaeve

lucky.m IF-Rockerz
lucky.m
lucky.m

Posted: 22 July 2016 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
nynu bangaramHug
res

gave a quick read Tongue..but I just loved it esp sunny had his eyes for swara before kavita..that was master stroke sweety Clap.Embarrassed.will revert for a detailed one, hitting off bed right now

love
lucky

Nynaeve

sneharay IF-Rockerz
sneharay
sneharay

Posted: 22 July 2016 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
Lovely update.. Clap

Nynaeve

Go to top