Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

iam_aheli_98 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Hey dearest Nyna,πŸ€—
Awesome update!!!πŸ‘πŸΌ Loved RagLak's moment.😊 Finally Ragini forgave Laksh.πŸ˜‰ Their kiss.😳 Ragini's reason not to have a joint wedding was so good and touchy.πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜³ RagLak again kissed.πŸ˜†β˜ΊοΈ  Liked them teasing each other.πŸ˜† Loved they way Sanskar made Ragini understood her fear that AP doesn't like her so much.😳 Now finally my SwaSan.πŸ˜ƒ SwaSan had a lovely conversation.πŸ˜ƒ O wow!!!! Sanskar saw Swara at party and instantly was attracted towards her!!!πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜³ But Dadi!! He couldn't meet her due to Dadi.πŸ˜† SwaSan r indeed soulmate!!!😳 And loved their kiss at the end!!!😳☺️☺️ Loved the update so much!!❀️ Update the epilogue soon.😳 Thanks for the pm.πŸ˜ƒ
With love,
Aheli.
blindassassin thumbnail
Nyna
I have been postponing my comment since yday. Goodbyes are very painful dear. I hate to comment on the last chapter of any work. Wish it goes on and on...
Nyna what can I say, the SS was as sweet as the recipes and title , it had. An altogether fresh plot different from the series, interestingly laid out with a sweet swara, sanskar and Ragini. All the characters be it the spoil brat laksh ,strict dadi or even the toughest devil all had some innate goodness in them. None of the characters were evil. Yet you managed to keep our attention glued to it. I loved the way you ended each chapter.Calm and serene.I am sure you are a person who are as sweet as the characters in the story.please write more.
Love you, Veena.
The.Lannister thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Nyna πŸ€—

So we have come to the end of this story😭 but chalo at least we have the epilogue to look forward toπŸ˜ƒ

OK now tell me Nyna, do you love Ragz more than Swara? (current show scenario doesnt count -_-) Because I loved how you have portrayed Ragz in this SS. In fact forget Swara, I liked her more than Sunny!πŸ˜²πŸ˜† What a genuine girl...I cannot stop myself from repeating this😳 I loved her for asking for some time & then asking SwaSan to not wait for her in the last chapter & just when I thought she couldnt get any more perfect in this chapter she refuses to have a joint wedding. And the reasons she gives...πŸ‘ I love her...thats all I can say at this momentπŸ˜†

So I was right😑 Had Daadi not come that day SwaSan would have met so many years ago😑 Daadi πŸ˜‘ πŸ˜‘ πŸ˜‘ And then neither of them would have had the painful experiences of Kavita & Lakshya & could have crooned about being each other's first & everlasting love😳 But chalo, like the song goes, mil jaate hai jo bane ek duje ke vaaste!😳

Cogito_Ergo_Sum thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Nynaeve

Dear Shru and Viji,

As I often say, it is lovely comments from pals like you and others, that actually make me write - each time I post something, I am apprehensive about the whole thing till I read your comments - they make me fall in love with what I write.

So I am going to do what I usually do, read your comments, over and over again, feel deliriously happy and then reply. So please, with your usual boundless patience for my tardiness, do bear with me.

loads of love,
Nyna 

Nynu πŸ€—πŸ€—

Not only do you make me feel elated and blessed with your comments on my fics, but also with your replies to my comments on yours. πŸ˜³πŸ€—

Take all the time you need. I am just immensely touched that you valued my feedback so much. πŸ€—

Lots of Love 

Viji 
Nynaeve thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: tootiefrootie11

Nyna dearest πŸ€—πŸ€—

Shru, I am so glad to "see" you❀️

When I saw chapter 11 I was so happy, this whole FF has indeed been a veritable feast, supremely sweet for sure but also never missing on all the other flavours possible too! Forgive the poor puns please, you know my current state doesn't make me too conductive to being particularly lucid so hope you understand . But, I hope the intent of what I want to convey is clear. As I was saying before digressing πŸ˜† I got quite excited and then saw it said final chapter . I totally know all good things have to end but surely it is a measure of how good something was if you feel sad it's ending? That's how I feel on the best fics and that's my feeling here πŸ˜³.

@ bold above - that was a perfect line and one of the best compliments ever on this tale. And seriously you saying that this is a good story - means a ton for me. πŸ˜³πŸ€—πŸ˜³πŸ€—πŸ˜³πŸ€—

But yayyy - there is an epilogue so I will save the tears at parting for that! 

In the meantime, a very lovely and fitting end to a fab story in my very humble opinion. Your build up, progression and then climax were all managed in such a balanced and yet passionate way, it was a pleasure to read this story. I loved the fact that the chemistry between RagLak really blazed in this. Throughout the differences between the sisters were so nicely underscored and in this Chapter, Ragini sort of stole the limelight and it was done masterfully. Loved her boldness and her the way she managed to overcome her trust issues finally to be a real match for Lakshya. And Lakshya too- he showed so much development as a character in the past few chapters, their ending felt so nice and deserved. However the main applause again goes to Ragini (or you really πŸ˜†πŸ˜†) for that masterstroke of eschewing the joint wedding! You know that would be my pet hate- could not imagine anything worse and the way Ragini expressed it, I so so loved it πŸ‘πŸ‘. Thank you for doing this. 

Even though understandably SwaSan were tangential in a way in this, their joy at their anticipated marriage and their endless and ever present real deep connection came across so effectively still. The best bit for me (despite what I said about Ragini above from a writing perspective, it's always ofc the SwaSan nuances that still grab me the most 😳) was how Sanskaar HAD felt that heart pull and instant connect with Swara only and that was before Kavita! πŸ‘ That was a quirk of fate that they didn't meet them- they both had to be the people they later became perhaps and it wasn't their time but his recognition to that that he conveyed to her was so soul stirringly beautiful πŸ˜³.

The Raglak chemistry - I had always felt that this pair was a more earthy and hence would have a slightly more "carnal" relationship - both the emotional and physical one. SwaSan on the other hand - their relationship - for me, at least, was always a sensuous and a sensitive one. The differences are also visible in the way they talk and interact with each other as well as with the rest of the people in their lives. Which is why, SwaSan would forever have a soul bond, a cosmic connect, irrespective of what they label it as, whereas RagLak would be earthly bound and more into the reality of things - a sort of physical versus metaphysical. Both are beautiful ways of having a outlook but then the differences are what makes both of them click.
Which would also explain why Ragini never gave two hoots about the gypsy's words and never linked them to Lakshya' eyes or his guitar playing talents. But Sanskaar, even if he does not accept the soul mate concept, agreed with Swara's definition of the same - there is somebody to whom we would have that deep soul connect, an irresistible pull, which the fates willing, would turn out to the one for us.

And the double wedding - I so hated it in the serial - so there was no way I would have it here. Keeping in view Swara's selflessness and Sanskaar's attitude of not caring who gets married in the same mandap as them, as long as it is him and Swara, Ragini had to be the one to put her foot down.

Ragini did manage to steal the limelight, right. πŸ˜†As soon as I said, "well this chapter is done," and I started reading it (trying to be objective, as much as possible) that is what struck me - God - this is the final chapter on a SwaSan story and it is turning out to all about Ragini. I actually debated about scrapping the whole thing and re-writing it, which is when the writer in me threw a massive tantrum. So I took a chance and posted it as is.πŸ˜•

Also loved how Sanskaar understood Ragini's fears about AP and the really nice switch of making it Ragini that AP was nervous about (as opposed to the show dynamics with Swara) and etching a bond between Ragini and DP felt like it again balanced out the whole tale.

Sanskaar and Ragini, being the friends they are, would be able to understand each other. I deliberately had him understanding her, Swara is so sweet and selfless would obviously feel that everyone would be like her, but then Ragini does admit to having some base feelings too, so is better tuned to the existence of similar feelings in others. 

Ragini and DP - that was nice twist, right - it sort of shows that their mindset is evolving and  that they are willing to let a daughter in law of the house work after marriage, just because it gives her happiness. As to AP and Ragini, a little more on that in the epilogueπŸ˜‰

Truly a lovely story Nynu and I will so miss it but I will whinge on that in the Epilogue. 

Loads of love as ever xoxo 

Dear Shru,

Replied in blue above,

love,
Nyna
Nynaeve thumbnail

Originally posted by: CogitoErgoSum

Nynu πŸ€—πŸ€—

Viji
, πŸ€—πŸ€—
Don't know what I would do without dear pals like you. πŸ€— Am 2/3rds the way through typing chapter 1, I reckon I should be able to post this afternoon. 

Have already read and re read it - will unres soon

But coming to the important part...The Spice of Life, in the most awesome Sweet Deals ever. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜³ I just loved the quote from William Arthur Wand about the different aspects of life. Very fitting and apt here. πŸ‘

I loved this quote too- I had earlier picked on a different quote but was not too happy with it, this quote sort of just clicked so am glad you liked it

I just loved the last chapter...😳 Lakshya's growth in terms of his character, his resolve and integrity ...Ragini feeling that he was indeed Sanskaar's brother in the way he was scrupulously giving her space and time to make her decision πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰

Yes, Lakshya has truly evolved, not difficult considering he has an excellent role model in his brother, Sanskaar, and a very good reason - to win Ragini over. A great combination, which proved quite irresistible to RaginiπŸ˜‰

The RagLak moments and Ragini's stand regarding the joint wedding: fabulous. I was just going πŸ˜†β˜ΊοΈ πŸ€£at Lakshya's slightly breathless query to Ragini after their bone melting kiss. "You wanted to say something?" πŸ˜‰ I was like...I think you both already spoke volumes through body language.  πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰

Ragini's stand on the joint wedding - would be what every girl would feel - except Swara who is a little lost in her world of selflessnessπŸ˜† and even if she felt it a bit, she would immediately stifle it. 
Lakshya - must be a bit confused, he did not think that "read my lips" would be such a literal experience when it came to Ragini πŸ€£a🀣a

And that lovely nugget you put in about how "Anjan Gupta" had felt that connect, that pull towards the intriguing, lovely girl so enraptured by his music...even before Swara met "Bipul" and "Anjan" pursued Kavita...πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. In fact, Swara too, had felt a pull towards "Anjan", a keen admiration for him, even before she met "Bipul". 

With the soul connect they share, how could they not notice each other - irrespective of the names they take, their souls would recognise each other. So he did notice her and she did lose herself to his music - which was also an echo of his soul

Such a deft touch there, with so much nuance, subtlety and scope for philosophical interpretation...πŸ‘ We could discuss for pages and pages and pages I guess, about the lovely, fascinating concept you sketched: fate versus free will, the concept of soulmates...is there really one special person out there for us? Whom we are predestined to meet? Or do we find someone, feel a spark for them which we then work on, transforming the relationship into one of adoration, trust, respect and faith? Or is destiny after all, multiple paths in the road through life...our fate being set in stone by the path we trod on, and the ones we choose to avoid? 

That is my favourite topic - as I mentioned in the foreword - I have an eternal fascination for the concept of "Chance, Choice and the Inevitable Consequence. There are times when we do not take a chance which could lead to what we believe, albeit in a very different way, or we act in a way which we think would lead us to what we want but end up differently. As you rightly said - fate vs free will - we would need pages to discuss but could never come to a conclusion. There are too many incidents and too many tales out in the world, people who believed and found their soulmates, people who took a chance on one tiny spark and found their lives transformed by that one person. But then again, if the different roads we take, lead to the same end, are our lived predestined? What is the use of free will?

It was so lovely to have Sanskaar and Swara's slightly differing view on soulmates...Swara be lives in the concept absolutely, while Sanskaar has some logical doubts. But they both know, without the shadow of doubt, that they are inextricably linked, there is a connect between them which defies easy explanation.

Sanskaar not believing in that concept is in keeping with his character - practical and down to earth. Swara, as most of us avid readers are, lives and breathes the soulmate connection theory. But then, when one gets down to the facts, they had a dispute over the definition only, the truth of what they mean for each other is the same - both agree that they had been and will be inextricably linked.
And the soothsayer's earlier forecast πŸ˜³πŸ˜‰...Eyes of brown hue, hands/fingers that play music too...? I am going to lie awake at nights now, wondering just who she (you!!) meant, and to whom it was directed! πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Man...did it describe Sanskaar or Lucky...and if it was Lucky...was she cautioning Swara or Ragini? πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜³

That was my intention from the very beginning - a slight obfuscation - whom did the gypsy mean and what exactly did she mean? Was she simply intending that the meeting would change their lives beyond their imagination, which is why she cautioned them? Or was she hinting that even if they had selected the "right" partners then, the road would not have been so smooth? There will be no answers - though it did serve to start their tale, with Swara taking a chance on those words and Ragini not even remembering them as soon as she exited the tent😊

Can't wait for the Epilogue dear...have you decided the title for that yet? πŸ˜Š

Title and quote in place (I cannot start a chapter peacefully until I have that in place - and when I am not sure of either, I have a little difficulty drafting - another one of my libran eccentricitiesπŸ˜†)

Loads and Loads of Love πŸ€—πŸ€—

Viji 

Dear Viji,

Replied in blue above,

love,
Nyna
Nynaeve thumbnail

Originally posted by: iam_aheli_98

Hey dearest Nyna,πŸ€—
Awesome update!!!πŸ‘πŸΌ Loved RagLak's moment.😊 Finally Ragini forgave Laksh.πŸ˜‰ Their kiss.😳 Ragini's reason not to have a joint wedding was so good and touchy.πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜³ RagLak again kissed.πŸ˜†β˜ΊοΈ  Liked them teasing each other.πŸ˜† Loved they way Sanskar made Ragini understood her fear that AP doesn't like her so much.😳 Now finally my SwaSan.πŸ˜ƒ SwaSan had a lovely conversation.πŸ˜ƒ O wow!!!! Sanskar saw Swara at party and instantly was attracted towards her!!!πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜³ But Dadi!! He couldn't meet her due to Dadi.πŸ˜† SwaSan r indeed soulmate!!!😳 And loved their kiss at the end!!!😳☺️☺️ Loved the update so much!!❀️ Update the epilogue soon.😳 Thanks for the pm.πŸ˜ƒ
With love,
Aheli.

Dear Aheli,

Glad to know you loved the update and the RagLak moments😊. Ragini had to forgive Lakshya, he was a changed leaf and everyone had already forgiven him, but then he never held that against her, just waited patiently for her, so how much longer could she hold backπŸ˜‰. 
Ragini not wanting a joint wedding, I so hated that in the show and now since this is my story, I decided not to have a joint wedding. And then she had to kiss Lakshya as he was not happy having to wait for her, which did workπŸ˜†
Sanskaar and Ragini are good friends so obviously he would understand her fears and was the best person to allay them.
Sanskaar and Swara - whether you call it the soulmate bond or a cosmic connect, they are meant to be together - whether somebody comes in between or the circumstances are not right. 

Epilogue - maximum over the weekend.

love,
Nyna
Nynaeve thumbnail

Originally posted by: blindassassin

Nyna

I have been postponing my comment since yday. Goodbyes are very painful dear. I hate to comment on the last chapter of any work. Wish it goes on and on...
Nyna what can I say, the SS was as sweet as the recipes and title , it had. An altogether fresh plot different from the series, interestingly laid out with a sweet swara, sanskar and Ragini. All the characters be it the spoil brat laksh ,strict dadi or even the toughest devil all had some innate goodness in them. None of the characters were evil. Yet you managed to keep our attention glued to it. I loved the way you ended each chapter.Calm and serene.I am sure you are a person who are as sweet as the characters in the story.please write more.
Love you, Veena.

Dear Veena,

Goodbyes are hard - that it true- but then they mean we could meet again - over a story you write or maybe a tale I pen or a fable that is woven by the brilliant writers in this forum.😊

And I am on the top of the world when you say the story was as sweet as the title, because that is exactly what I had intended, everyone in my tale had to be sweet, loads of it or maybe a pinch of it, but sweet they had to be. We have enough bitterness in real lives and the serial has downright evil senseless charactersπŸ˜†
Calm and serene - I am πŸ˜³β˜ΊοΈπŸ˜³β˜ΊοΈ

Writing more - yup - currently drafting out another SS/FF - Forgotten Memories - will start posting after I have a draft of the complete story in place.

love,
Nyna
Nynaeve thumbnail

Originally posted by: The.Lannister

Nyna πŸ€—

So we have come to the end of this story😭 but chalo at least we have the epilogue to look forward toπŸ˜ƒ

Yes - the end of the tale - and the Epilogue to completely wrap it up😊

OK now tell me Nyna, do you love Ragz more than Swara? (current show scenario doesnt count -_-) Because I loved how you have portrayed Ragz in this SS. In fact forget Swara, I liked her more than Sunny!πŸ˜²πŸ˜† What a genuine girl...I cannot stop myself from repeating this😳 I loved her for asking for some time & then asking SwaSan to not wait for her in the last chapter & just when I thought she couldnt get any more perfect in this chapter she refuses to have a joint wedding. And the reasons she gives...πŸ‘ I love her...thats all I can say at this momentπŸ˜†

Do I love Ragini more than Swara - that is a very difficult questionπŸ˜† - but yes I find her layered complex character very very very fascinating- (completely overlooking most of her characterisation in the serial - she has been butchered beyond recognition) and unpredictable too - especially when compared to the sweet and selfless Swara with her always ready to forgive attitude (an admirable virtue but sometimes very exasperating one - if you get my driftπŸ˜‰) So I let myself go when I wrote this tale and as I wrote on Shru's post, a part of me wondered if I was writing a little too much about Ragini for a tale that was supposed to be only about SwaSan😊 But it is the ultimate compliment I can get, as a writer, when someone like you says that you liked Ragini more than Sunnyboy☺️☺️

Her reasons for the joint wedding were irrefutable and her not wanting one was what any girl would want - a rare minority would want to share their very special day with another couple

So I was right😑 Had Daadi not come that day SwaSan would have met so many years ago😑 Daadi πŸ˜‘ πŸ˜‘ πŸ˜‘ And then neither of them would have had the painful experiences of Kavita & Lakshya & could have crooned about being each other's first & everlasting love😳 But chalo, like the song goes, mil jaate hai jo bane ek duje ke vaaste!😳

Oh, yes, and so says Sunny boy also - if Dadi had not come when she did, they would have known each other a little longer - but then they were not the people they are now, so maybe they might not have even clicked - sometimes even when the people are right the timing is not - so I think if they had met then, they would still have a longer and tougher journey to reach where they have reached today. But as the Bard says - "All is well that ends well," and they finally are where they belong - with each other😊

Dear Shruti,

Replied in blue above,

love,
Nyna
Nynaeve thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bennet.Lizzy

ResπŸ€—

Dear Nyna πŸ€—

Thankyou. For chapter 11. Have been waiting for it badly. Though I'm not so happy for it indicates the approaching end of some really delectable servings from  Nyna's Kitchen. πŸ˜³ They will be really missed. 
I'm sure in the coming days whenever I chance upon a hot cup of cappuccino/fresh bake of cookies/ those iced cupcakes I'll always remember this place. With rows of tables, bathing in ambient sunlight, a touch of rain, mixed with aromas of coffee, cocoa, butter, vanilla and strawberries. These will be forever cherished.
And so will be your Swasan and raglak. May be ill even look at the those serving ladies too and find for any semblance to a particular Mrs Das. πŸ˜Š
Believe me, I have this image of the place so strongly printed into my memory. πŸ˜Š

And when I read the above (actually re read it, a number of times😳) I had a big goofy smile plastered over my face and this is how I have spent the last couple of days:

After all, there can be no greater compliment that being told that my tale is imprinted in your mind, in a nice way too.😳

And now coming to the tale. 

Ragini needs to be applauded here undoubtedly. Firstly, for the way she stood up against the idea of a shared wedding and secondly for putting it out so aptly and with measured words as to why she is not okay with it. She is such a sweet heart and I can't stop loving her more everytime she does one of those bold moves of hers.

Ragini - I am absolutely fascinated with her (notwithstanding that it is SwaSan that I shipπŸ˜‰) and detested the way the serial butchered her. She became unbearable to watch from that malkin track. True to her character, she has grown from being girl who silently bemoaned her life at Dadi's house to a mature woman who knows what she wants and what needs to be done - a very balanced individual who is indeed quite lovable. And her reasons for not wanting a joint wedding, nobody could refute themπŸ˜†

She really loves swara a lot. And Sanskaar is much more than a friend or jethji. It's a brotherly bond. This Sanskaar and Ragini bond doesn't ever stop to sweetly surprise me everytime you bring them into picture. The way he saw right into her apprehension and picked up the right words to lay off her insecurities while not flinching away from giving her the facts and also reassuring her that till then , till Annapoorna accepts her for what she is, she has them who love her so much. Such a sweet brother Sanskaar is. Lovely piece of conversation that was.

Ragini here loves her sister above everything else, maybe excepting Sanksaar. For her, he is a best friend, a brother and a father figure all rolled into one - and one that is completely reciprocated by him. Which is why he knew why she was scared and also what to tell her to put her mind at ease. That is the best bond two people can share - honesty to state the facts and empathy to instill courage to face the truth. Most would have simply brushed off her concerns in a bid to allay her fears, but admitting that she is right and yet giving her the courage to understand that her fears, though not baseless, would be overcome with time and the love of the other family members - that is something only Sanskaar could do.

Lakshya did come a long way again. Knowing exactly what to do. Proving himself as sanskar's bro. I loved how Ragini said that to her self. And the monologue remembering sanskar's words. The woman is so strong. Cvs should take a leaf I say. Really commendable .

Lakshya has come a long way - made a little easy as he had a role model in Sanskaar to emulate and a very strong reason - he had win over Ragini. And Ragini, how could she not do what her best friend says, once she realised that Lakshya had redeemed himself, all she had to do was to let him know that he was forgiven. Guess she took the saying, "read my lips" as a literal way of letting him know what she wanted.πŸ˜‰

I loved the Swasan conversation. They way he divulged the little secret he carried around all these days, just a day before wedding. the hole conversation reminded me of the dialogue Sanskaar says to shomi on the night of karwachauth. "These little things bring happiness to us.  we do them out of love , So in that case  why would I not believe in them". He didn't believe in soulmate but deep with in he knew that she is the one. And if agreeing to her theory brings her happiness he would then happily do it. But still he would have been happier to have met them the same day too.. But swara immediately jumps in taking away that little disappointment, stating that may be they are destined to meet this way after learning from their mistakes. I observe that try are so complementing here. In there reassurances while the words themselves reflect how deeply they love each other. 

The SwaSan conversation - it did bring so many possibilities - right? What would have happened if they had met that day? Maybe if Dadi had dragged Ragini out first, would she have fallen for Lakshya ? What would that mean? So many questions ??? 
And Sanskaar's disbelief in the soulmate concept is a reflection of him - practical and down to earth. But then he will never deny that both he and Swara are where they are meant to be - together. So it would be more of a disagreement on a conceptual basis. And as you rightly noted, the moment Sanskaar states wistfully that if only they had met earlier, an echo of her soulmate concept,  Swara turns out to be practical and comments that even if they did, they might have had an even more arduous journey to reach where they are today. So maybe they should simply be glad that they are finally together. 

Is there a chapter on wedding. Can't we have a wedding and then an epilogue?? I'll miss these Nyna .. So badly.. But again I tell myself may be there a chocolate fudge cake coming. Or even a death by chocolate. Or may be both. What say??

No chapter on weddings (too many details and dresses to be described, which is way beyond me) will wrap up with the epilogue - what would that be - wait for the weekend

Wanting more. Will always be

Love
N

Ps. Typed from my mobile, ignore typos. 

Dear Nalini,

Replied in blue above

love,
Nyna