Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
Nyna my comment is unres on page-36
Nynaeve thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Vaiyambar...

Dear Nyna.. πŸ€— ..

Love you more for this update dear... Just loved it... Full of emotional conflict... I loved San gini assault on Laksh... πŸ˜ƒ. I loved Ragini decision choosing pastry knife...    Swara what I can say about her you portrait her character as a strong one... πŸ‘ ... I loved her answer to Laksh... Mmmawh for you darling.. 

You liked Ragini's knife-wielding act??? πŸ˜†She was so angry, the guy she falls for happens to be the one who broke her sister's heart and is partly responsible for what they are. Swara is a strong girl, five years away from home has made her quite responsible and Sanskaar's presence in her life has give her quite a strength. Her reply to Laksh was good right - in one stroke - she conveys the fact that he has no place in her life and that he better convince her before he takes any step towards RaginiπŸ˜‰

Laksh... "She worshiped the ground I walked on, it appeared. Bhai, you have no idea what it did to me, having a beautiful girl gazing at me, hanging on to every word I uttered, who laughed delightedly at every joke I said, even the lame ones. It was a drug to me, I felt on top of the world, at last,I was someone on my own light; I no longer needed your company. For next couple months, it was great fun afterwards, it got a little tiring, she started dreaming about a life together, a future, a home and all that follows. I was not too sure and asked to her to slow down. I had perfect reasons, I thought -I was yet to settle down, she had to complete her studies and when I explained them, she agreed, leaving me surprised.". That's why I hated boys... 😑 ... Thank God... I never fall for anyone.. In my life... I worried for ragini... Hope he loves her truly... 

Now is that not too much of a generalisation, for every Laskhya out there, there would be a Sanskaar too😊

I'll be inactive... Please spare me.. If im not respond to your pm..

PS:- sorry for late comment...

No issues, sweetheart and please, no apologies😳

With love..

Kam..

Dear Kamila,

Replied in blue above,

love,
Nyna
Nynaeve thumbnail
Originally posted by: Apudeep

Nyna beautiful update πŸ˜Š

Dear Aparna,

Thank you,

love,
Nyna
Nynaeve thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sujayricky

Nyna my comment is unres on page-36

Thanks - Will read and reply
Nynaeve thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sujayricky

Res
Unres

Nyna such mind blowing update it was πŸ‘ you were written this part so perfectly that i became jabra fan of your stories 😳 πŸ˜† 

Thank you so very much😳

To be honest i was scared when ragini ask swara you still love him.i was biting my nails in tension but thank God she says no and ragini with knife scene was 🀣 oh god she seriously rocks in this part 😎 

You need not have worried, Swara is completely over him and quite in love with Sanskaar. πŸ˜Š Glad you liked Ragini's avatar, was a bit worried how it would be received but am happy seeing the response.πŸ˜†

And the sanlak scene was superb πŸ‘ but sanskar punch to lakshya was superb 😈 but seriously lucky was a idiot to take decision seriously he is same like show as usual idiot 🀣.

Lakshya, is one of those weak people we find, it takes courage to be true - to oneself as well at to others. He is not a bad person but lacks come strength of character😊

And swara and lakshya scene scene was nice and the last line shocked me 😲 so i want update soon
Finally the real love story will start 😳 

The real love story - Swara and Sanskaar ki love story toh shuru ho hi gayi,na?
Update soon
Thanks for pm

Dear Sujay,

Replied in blue above,

Nyna
Cogito_Ergo_Sum thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Nynaeve

Dear Viji,

I have read that comment so many times that I have lost count - I think I have mentioned it before, I love the fact that your comments make me  fall in love with my stories. I will get back once I have had my fill of reading your take☺️

love,
Nyna

Nynu my dear...πŸ€—  πŸ€—πŸ€—

This " No Thank you" rule between us pals us sometimes confoundedly difficult.πŸ˜† You make me feel literally on top of the world, both with your comments on my fics, as well your replies to my comments on yours. 😳
πŸ€—πŸ€—

I am truly humbled if you feel my heartfelt comments make you fall in love with your lovely gems of writing.
πŸ€— Truly a pleasure and privilege to hear that, my dear.

Coming to this very evocative, dramatic chapter, which had, of course, a lot of events unfolding after Lakshya/ Bipul's revelation at the end of the previous chapter. What struck me the most, was the deft, intricate detailing of each characters' responses and feelings even amidst the taut and gripping pace of the events described.

To start off: The title--Sour Candy. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Aaooow Gaawwddd, yes, Mr Bipul Kumar is sour candy indeed. More like kachcha neembu. No candy involved. πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

I'll take each character's responses one by one: Firstly, Swara. What a sudden, heavy blow of utter shock that must have been. No wonder she raced off to have some privacy , peace and time to reflect. She had been holding on to the pain of this memory for so long, of having left home in such a precipitate manner, and having the baggage of considerable guilt, too, at her estrangement from her family. And in a sense, for having Ragini take that step of standing by herself (though that choice was ultimately Ragini's). Though Swara had come to see that her infatuation for Lakshya was really just love with the idea of being in love, more of an anticipation of escape from her draconian Dadi and the stifling, controlled atmosphere of home; still, the fact of being so callously stood up, being cast off almost, must have still stung all this time later.

I would venture a guess, that Sanskaar's gentle yet firm and steady affirmation of his love, the pure adoration pouring from his eyes for her, the determined and calm way he goes about everything in his life, must have reassured Swara (though she hasn't yet conclusively acknowledged her own feelings for him), that this is the genuine kind of love. What elevates, burnishes, and fills with a calm elation.

I loved the way you explored Swara's thoughts here---she was shocked and aghast, and her immediate next thought was, overwhelming concern for her sister. What if Laksya's affections for her were a similar juvenile infatuation? A callow calf love, which would not stand the first hurdle put in its path? That protective instinct, and the almost maternally ferocious way she confronted Lakshya in the end, were awesome.

Sanskaar, my God, this man's reactions and perspective on things---I just admire and adore him more and more every day. He was so furious at the weak kneed and callous way he cousin had reacted, and, true to his extremely protective instincts towards Swara, must have wanted to deck Lakshya with aan almight left hook or an uppercut, the minute the revelation happened! But he calmly restrained himself, wanting to hear the complete truth from his cousin. His reactions during the time when Lakshya was telling his sordid, sorry tale, were so well narrated. That disgust, revulsion almost, at his cousin's new low in immature, callous, spineless behavior.

I was waiting to see if Sunny boy would give a solid, lights out punch to the man (cousin he might be, but still!!) who had hurt Swara so badly. And oh yes, he did!! πŸ˜† I was literally dancing across the room when Lakshya got punched in the jaw...I was wondering if a tooth came out? πŸ˜‰ 😳 I initially wondered casually about a jaw fracture, but I am not that sadistic...or maybe I am, after all. 😈

I loved Sanskaar's perspective, maturity and sense of balance here. He never tried to rush after Swara and try to comfort her, or to impose himself on her. Just let her have her time and space, and let Ragini go to her. That was a time the siblings needed in privacy, considering the extremely tangled skeins of emotion that callous Bipul/ Lakshya had spun around them!

And I so loved the way Sanskaar stood calmly aside while Ragini joined the fray and furiously hit Lakshya; but immediately restrained her when she seemed to be furiously ready even to stab him! I dare say she might not have gone through with it...but one never quite knows. Crimes of passion could happen in the blink of an eye, especially here when Ragini had two extremely good grounds for being in a deathly rage at Lakshya----for having consigned her sister to this agony for 5 years; as well as now dallying with her, a relationship she used to be sure of but now was bound to have doubts over.

Which brings me to Ragini. I just LOVED the way you described her emotions here. So realistic and accurate, in the exploration of the ranges of emotion she must have been feeling. Anger at Bipul/Lakshya's perfidy, a heartrending concern for her sister, who had been brought rudely face to face with a past she had wanted to get over; and yes, despite it all, a sliver of jealousy. One might think that jealousy reflects some lack in Ragini's character---but I don't think so. It is a very realistic portrayal of a stab of emotion which arises illogically, without conscious thought or desire. I'm sure Ragini felt very upset and ashamed of feeling jealous---but it was natural. Lakshya was a man she had fallen in love with, without knowing of his weak kneed, spineless act as Bipul. She considered him the man of her dreams, built beautiful dreams of a future with him. At the moment when she learned this was the guy her sister had been seeing, had supposedly fallen in love with, she must have felt that keen stab of jealousy, amid all the other stronger emotions of concern for Swara which she did feel.

LOVED the way she both comforted Swara, as well was (in a sense) comforted by her. Like I said above, that moment between Swara and Ragini, was one of the most lovely things about this chapter. The way Ragini asked Swara if she still loved Lakshya/ Bipul, and the instantaneous, heartfelt way Swara responded, was πŸ‘

Lastly, Lakshya...well. I will reserve further judgement about him (about future trajectory, that is), till I read what you have in mind for him in the next chapters, about the depth of his feelings for Ragini. I am curious if he has matured at all, learned anything from his past sins of omission and commission?

But as for his actions of the past----I just feel so much disdain and contempt for the man. Easy go lucky and fun loving is fine. Being a tad immature is also excusable, not everyone grows up emotionally and becomes aware of their responsibilities at the same pace, after all. But to make a flippant remark like "Let's run away", when he already knew that Swara was a far more earnest and serious person than he was; was almost criminally negligent! And then, to not do anything at all to dissuade her from that crazy plan; shutting his eyes and hoping the problem would just vanish----I wanted to punch him!! Such an ostrich burying his head in the sand approach!! 😑 And SO much like the Lakshya of old!

Like Sanskaar said, it was just awful that he in a way, suggested the plan, did nothing to stop it being set in motion (despite having no intentions of going through with it), in a shocking and cavalier display of callousness, never showed up for the planned rendezvous, and then never made any attempt to find out if Swara was OK, what had happened to her! He really is such a weak kneed knave! 🀒😑

Am very eagerly awaiting the next chapter, darling. Want to see how the RagLak story progresses of course...and even more so, how this revelation affects SwaSan. I want to expect and hope that it will draw them ever closer, but I am scared that Swara might think her past shadows are now cast too close to Sanskaar's home? Would she think that "Bipul" being Sanskaar's cousin, might complicate their equation? πŸ˜• I devoutly hope and pray not!

Loads of Love,

----Viji

Edited by CogitoErgoSum - 7 years ago
Nynaeve thumbnail
Originally posted by: CogitoErgoSum

Nynu my dear...πŸ€—  πŸ€—πŸ€—

This " No Thank you" rule between us pals us sometimes confoundedly difficult.πŸ˜† You make me feel literally on top of the world, both with your comments on my fics, as well your replies to my comments on yours. 😳
πŸ€—πŸ€—

I am truly humbled if you feel my heartfelt comments make you fall in love with your lovely gems of writing.
πŸ€— Truly a pleasure and privilege to hear that, my dear. 

You are so right - this no "thank you" rule is quite a big hurdle  but then here is something to make for that:

Coming to this very evocative, dramatic chapter, which had, of course, a lot of events unfolding after Lakshya/ Bipul's revelation at the end of the previous chapter. What struck me the most, was the deft, intricate detailing of each characters' responses and feelings even amidst the taut and gripping pace of the events described.

To start off: The title--Sour Candy. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Aaooow Gaawwddd, yes, Mr Bipul Kumar is sour candy indeed. More like kachcha neembu. No candy involved. πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

No candy - hmmm sounds right - but it was hard, a little like rock candyπŸ˜‰

I'll take each character's responses one by one: Firstly, Swara. What a sudden, heavy blow of utter shock that must have been. No wonder she raced off to have some privacy , peace and time to reflect. She had been holding on to the pain of this memory for so long, of having left home in such a precipitate manner, and having the baggage of considerable guilt, too, at her estrangement from her family. And in a sense, for having Ragini take that step of standing by herself (though that choice was ultimately Ragini's). Though Swara had come to see that her infatuation for Lakshya was really just love with the idea of being in love, more of an anticipation of escape from her draconian Dadi and the stifling, controlled atmosphere of home; still, the fact of being so callously stood up, being cast off almost, must have still stung all this time later.

Poor Swara, she had just about come to the conclusion that she could be falling in love with Sanskaar, asked him not to kiss her till she made up her mind, which was almost like an admission that she did love him and they were eager to meet the man who had stolen Ragini's heart. She had given up all hopes of going back home and was just finding that life has given her a second chance to be happy. And the fates bring her face to face with the one person she never ever wanted to see again. Though as you said, she knew that it was only an infatuation, it did bring back memories of that painful day- I am sure the words ''wrong number' which was how he had cut the call must have been ringing in her ears. 

I would venture a guess, that Sanskaar's gentle yet firm and steady affirmation of his love, the pure adoration pouring from his eyes for her, the determined and calm way he goes about everything in his life, must have reassured Swara (though she hasn't yet conclusively acknowledged her own feelings for him), that this is the genuine kind of love. What elevates, burnishes, and fills with a calm elation. 

That is for sure, which is why Swara was so forceful in her answer that she never loved Lakshya. She compares what she did feel for Lakshya and though she has not admitted her own feelings for Sanskaar, she is aware of one thing, whatever she felt for Lakshya falls far short of even what little she does acknowledge she feels for Sanskaar. 

I loved the way you explored Swara's thoughts here---she was shocked and aghast, and her immediate next thought was, overwhelming concern for her sister. What if Laksya's affections for her were a similar juvenile infatuation? A callow calf love, which would not stand the first hurdle put in its path? That protective instinct, and the almost maternally ferocious way she confronted Lakshya in the end, were awesome.

That was the logical next step, Ragini had stated that she would listen to what her family said, which means that Swara and Sanskaar would have to approve of him. The first thing that struck her was 'what if Lakshya was not serious this time round'  She was also aware of the step she took in the haze of infatuation, and Ragini appeared a bit more serious with her affections. Guess she was quite apprehensive about Ragini getting hurt by him and that was her way of saying that she would be the judge of whether he had matured and was actually serious about Ragini

Sanskaar, my God, this man's reactions and perspective on things---I just admire and adore him more and more every day. He was so furious at the weak kneed and callous way he cousin had reacted, and, true to his extremely protective instincts towards Swara, must have wanted to deck Lakshya with an almight left hook or an uppercut, the minute the revelation happened! But he calmly restrained himself, wanting to hear the complete truth from his cousin. His reactions during the time when Lakshya was telling his sordid, sorry tale, were so well narrated. That disgust, revulsion almost, at his cousin's new low in immature, callous, spineless behavior.

Considering how his imagination ran amok as to what he wanted to do the the person of Bipul Kumar, he did have to exercise a lot of restraint. Partly because it was an initial disbelief that it was his cousin who was the one responsible and who had never appeared to show any remorse.

I was waiting to see if Sunny boy would give a solid, lights out punch to the man (cousin he might be, but still!!) who had hurt Swara so badly. And oh yes, he did!! πŸ˜† I was literally dancing across the room when Lakshya got punched in the jaw...I was wondering if a tooth came out? πŸ˜‰ 😳 I initially wondered casually about a jaw fracture, but I am not that sadistic...or maybe I am, after all. 😈

I so wanted to write a few more blows too, but then I wanted to show that Sanskaar has also matured (remember he had an altercation with Kavita's brother and fractured his hand, losing both his ability to play the guitar and his friend). Further, even before he could hit Lakshya again, Ragini jumped inπŸ˜†

I loved Sanskaar's perspective, maturity and sense of balance here. He never tried to rush after Swara and try to comfort her, or to impose himself on her. Just let her have her time and space, and let Ragini go to her. That was a time the siblings needed in privacy, considering the extremely tangled skeins of emotion that callous Bipul/ Lakshya had spun around them!

He did not - he knew that at that time the sisters would need each other more than anyone else. Further, it was also the best time to give Lakshya a chance to tell his version, before Sanskaar began the task of taking him apart.

And I so loved the way Sanskaar stood calmly aside while Ragini joined the fray and furiously hit Lakshya; but immediately restrained her when she seemed to be furiously ready even to stab him! I dare say she might not have gone through with it...but one never quite knows. Crimes of passion could happen in the blink of an eye, especially here when Ragini had two extremely good grounds for being in a deathly rage at Lakshya----for having consigned her sister to this agony for 5 years; as well as now dallying with her, a relationship she used to be sure of but now was bound to have doubts over.

Ragini might have stabbed him, too though with a pastry knife there would have been no serious damageπŸ˜‰. But there was no need to take that risk, as Sanskaar calmly said there is no point in her paying the price for Lakshya's mistakes.  

Which brings me to Ragini. I just LOVED the way you described her emotions here. So realistic and accurate, in the exploration of the ranges of emotion she must have been feeling. Anger at Bipul/Lakshya's perfidy, a heartrending concern for her sister, who had been brought rudely face to face with a past she had wanted to get over; and yes, despite it all, a sliver of jealousy. One might think that jealousy reflects some lack in Ragini's character---but I don't think so. It is a very realistic portrayal of a stab of emotion which arises illogically, without conscious thought or desire. I'm sure Ragini felt very upset and ashamed of feeling jealous---but it was natural. Lakshya was a man she had fallen in love with, without knowing of his weak kneed, spineless act as Bipul. She considered him the man of her dreams, built beautiful dreams of a future with him. At the moment when she learned this was the guy her sister had been seeing, had supposedly fallen in love with, she must have felt that keen stab of jealousy, amid all the other stronger emotions of concern for Swara which she did feel.

LOVED the way she both comforted Swara, as well was (in a sense) comforted by her. Like I said above, that moment between Swara and Ragini, was one of the most lovely things about this chapter. The way Ragini asked Swara if she still loved Lakshya/ Bipul, and the instantaneous, heartfelt way Swara responded, was πŸ‘

Ragini - you are quite right, jealousy is a normal reaction in certain cases, it is how we chose to act on that emotion that determines who we are. Unfortunately, in most cases what comes to fore are the actions based on such an emotion and we associate everything evil and negative with this feeling. Ragini was a normal human being, prone to normal human emotions - so feeling a tinge of jealousy was a normal reaction. And when Swara did not appear to respond to her, she just could not help give in to the fear that maybe, Swara still had some feelings for Lakshya. But then Swara is so much in love with Sanskaar (even if she has not admitted it to herself) and now realises what love is that she knows that she never did love Lakshya even then.

Lastly, Lakshya...well. I will reserve further judgement about him (about future trajectory, that is), till I read what you have in mind for him in the next chapters, about the depth of his feelings for Ragini. I am curious if he has matured at all, learned anything from his past sins of omission and commission?

But as for his actions of the past----I just feel so much disdain and contempt for the man. Easy go lucky and fun loving is fine. Being a tad immature is also excusable, not everyone grows up emotionally and becomes aware of their responsibilities at the same pace, after all. But to make a flippant remark like "Let's run away", when he already knew that Swara was a far more earnest and serious person than he was; was almost criminally negligent! And then, to not do anything at all to dissuade her from that crazy plan; shutting his eyes and hoping the problem would just vanish----I wanted to punch him!! Such an ostrich burying his head in the sand approach!! 😑 And SO much like the Lakshya of old!

Like Sanskaar said, it was just awful that he in a way, suggested the plan, did nothing to stop it being set in motion (despite having no intentions of going through with it), in a shocking and cavalier display of callousness, never showed up for the planned rendezvous, and then never made any attempt to find out if Swara was OK, what had happened to her! He really is such a weak kneed knave! 🀒😑

Lakshya is still impulsive, but his feelings for Ragini are genuine, how he goes about convincing everyone and whether he is successful, is for the next chapters. His actions actually do not leave much room for forgiveness, but time and perseverance do pay off.

Am very eagerly awaiting the next chapter, darling. Want to see how the RagLak story progresses of course...and even more so, how this revelation affects SwaSan. I want to expect and hope that it will draw them ever closer, but I am scared that Swara might think her past shadows are now cast too close to Sanskaar's home? Would she think that "Bipul" being Sanskaar's cousin, might complicate their equation? πŸ˜• I devoutly hope and pray not!

No way is Swara and Sanskaar's story going to be affected - it is too firmly etched in the sands of time. Ragini and Lakshya - that is yet to be seenπŸ˜‰ the next chapter might give you some idea.

Loads of Love,

----Viji

Nynaeve thumbnail
Dear Friends and my lovely readers,
I have updated Chapter 8 of my SS on page 2. This should answer all those who were worried if Swara and Sanskaar' relationship would be affected. But a significant portion also deals with Ragini and her story, which is what leaves me a little apprehensive. As usual, I eagerly await your feedback.

Edited to add: I have updated the first page with a collage for my story, I so love the beautiful pictures that Sakura posts for her tales and since I cannot match her writing calibre, I thought I could imitate her idea of picturesπŸ˜†. I would love to know your take on that too.

love,
Nyna
Edited by Nynaeve - 7 years ago
Nynaeve thumbnail
Originally posted by: CogitoErgoSum

Res for chap 8 πŸ˜Š

That was faster than light - I did not even finish typing my message on the threadπŸ˜† love you so much for this

Nyna
Cogito_Ergo_Sum thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Nynaeve

That was faster than light - I did not even finish typing my message on the threadπŸ˜† love you so much for this

Nyna

I was haunting your thread πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜†
Previous
1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 45
Next