Posted: 7 years ago
Most bollywood sites users are so mean. But they are to other celebs too. I guess I want to know the source of this. I can't say I am a fan of her or anyone in general but why do so many hate her? Is it the supposed affair with SRK?
I've noticed that her interviews on international platforms receive a lot of hate comments. The sad and pathetic part is that all the unwarranted bitching and moaning comes from Indians. To critique her for her work is one thing but spewing hate because you think her accent is "fake" and "wannabe" is beyond ridiculous. What is the obsession with accents???  I personally admire Priyanka a lot for her go-getter attitude. She keeps her eyes on the prize and attains it through sheer hard work. People should be more appreciative.
It's typical desi mentality. We do not like when our folks are successful and are fighters. We like to reward them by calling names. Interestingly, most hate comments on the US sites are from desis. 
Most of them are SRK fans. Even in pinkvilla she is called names by SRK fans, homewrecker & what not.
I have seen more international fans hating on her than people who watch indian movies ! her fan base recently has increased in India thanks to her tv show and bajiro mastani ! 
she is admired a lot as an actress by the bollywood audience however the west may take time to warm up to her as her bubbly personality is seen as "try hard" 

coz many Indians r like crabs they like to pull each other down...😆 
whoa...what's with Indians this and that ?? 
lol...kuch bhi...celebrity bashing and dislike is everywhere. not everyone has to like everyone. Spare Indians. and no need to generalize. 
Edited by Nishita123 - 7 years ago
Originally posted by Nishita123

whoa...what's with Indian this and that ??
lol...kuch bhi...celebrity bashing and dislike is everywhere. not everyone has to like everyone. Spare Indians. and no need to generalize.

LOL exactly. Even Hollywood actresses like Angelina Jolie get hate for 'wrecking' Jen Aniston's home. So what? 😆

And I don't understand why people can't criticise PC for her personality or accent, it's not like they are denying her hard work. 😕
Originally posted by beauty-inside

Most bollywood sites users are so mean. But they are to other celebs too. I guess I want to know the source of this. I can't say I am a fan of her or anyone in general but why do so many hate her? Is it the supposed affair with SRK?
koi toh baat hogi , unko bolo ki kuch aisa karein ki opinion change ho 
Honestly I wouldn't have brought up the Indian thing had it not been petty shit like her accent that everybody keeps criticisizing. It's completely justified to critique her on her performances but when you're consistently criticisizing the star for an accent acquired from abroad, it becomes pretty clear whose doing the criticizing. It also becomes obvious that it's coming from a place of blind hate and jealousy because it's not constructive in anyway.Edited by Hazardous - 7 years ago