Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

leavesandwaves thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Nandu did not want to do it and so was Nandini. If I am, I would have avoided trauma for the kids instead of taking them there in the name of tradition. Let them growup to decide for themselves.
leavesandwaves thumbnail
As for bashing Jagya, I did not bash him. I just said that if it was Anandi exhibiting mahanta, she would have been bashed and Jagya's fans also should prepare themselves to face the heat. Why one should differentiate between the two instances and give benefit of doubt to only one party? It is a television show and everyone gets their share of criticism from opposite party whether they deserve it or not.
No one is holy cow here. I am reading all the comments and I observed these things.

Anyhow lets stick to the subject matter.

I personally felt that Jagya must have thought that dadisa would be happy if anandi performed that rite because he saw how dadisa always supported anandi. But he did not know that dadisa equally loved and cherished him though of late she started siding with anandi for reasons of guilt. Dadisa's love for Jagya is natural like a mother's love and cant be questioned. While her love for anandi arose due to her guilt pangs and slowly she developed true love for her.
SPuja thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
DS did not said that she wanted to be dressed up like suhagan - she only said to celebrate her union with her husband and to give her a good farewell. She did not want to break any taboo - her wish perhaps was directed to lessen the grief of her grandchildren - by making  her death like she is going to meet her husband. 
Generally, women do not go to crematorium ground - it is a recent trend and still not common. Women remain at home and clean up the place and wait for men folk to return from crematorium ground. Mostly, children are not taken at that place - unless the child is the only one who can give mukhagni, because children can't bear that trauma.
leavesandwaves thumbnail
Anandi usually defies traditions and also dadisa. Then why to call the pandit at all if they dont want to follow traditions? Why to follow it according to their whims and fancies?

Edited by leavesandwaves - 8 years ago
Missesha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: leavesandwaves

I dont know about others, but many hindu women dont go to cremation grounds. It is considered as men's job. Only recently the trend started, especially after electric crematoriums have become the norm.So far I personally never went to a cremation ground when my elders and others died. It is too much for me to see them burning. I just cant take it. I prefer burial in a casket to cremation. Or just donate all the usable organs and donate the body for research.

Yes I also know a lot of families where the tradition is that women do not go to the cremation ground. Even if the concerned women is a wife or daughter to the deceased. 
So generally,  women bid farewale to the dead body at home and then the men carry on from there.

Personally, I do not think there should be any restrictions,  and it is ok if people want to change some norms.

I was happy that Dsa requested to bid off as a suhagaan. It was very soothing to watch. The woman who believed in dressing up for her man and decided to live simple when he left, deserved the honours of dressing up when her soul was going to reunite with his. That was honestly a nice social message.

As for Anandi lighting the pyre, I liked the honours Jagya passed to Anandi. He showed his respect for the bonding that Dsa and Anandi shared. 

leavesandwaves thumbnail
Originally posted by: Missesha

Yes I also know a lot of families where the tradition is that women do not go to the cremation ground. Even if the concerned women is a wife or daughter to the deceased. 
So generally,  women bid farewale to the dead body at home and then the men carry on from there.

Personally, I do not think there should be any restrictions,  and it is ok if people want to change some norms.

I was happy that Dsa requested to bid off as a suhagaan. It was very soothing to watch. The woman who believed in dressing up for her man and decided to live simple when he left, deserved the honours of dressing up when her soul was going to reunite with his. That was honestly a nice social message.

As for Anandi lighting the pyre, I liked the honours Jagya passed to Anandi. He showed his respect for the bonding that Dsa and Anandi shared. 

(QUOTE)

Beautifully expressed, Missesha. Though for me it looked somewhat heartwrenching.

leavesandwaves thumbnail
They could have shown donating eyes. When BH people died or when anandi dies. As they own a hospital, it would have looked good.

One set of eyes may close but another person can open his or her eyes through donation. Or two persons as one eye is only considered for one person.

One heart may stop beating for a person but it may beat for some other person who wants to live for the sake of his or her family.

Same way with kidneys, liver, pancreas etc.
Missesha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

They could have shown donating eyes. When BH people died or when anandi dies. As they own a hospital, it would have looked good.

Yes, a good concept and good social message for sure. 

But I couldn't take it as viewer this time, especially because of the circumstances in which everyone is dying. Already too much of violence to be tolerated. It's exhausting.

I wish they had moved to leap on a happy note. Say, Akhiraj arrested, a few happy moments / celebrations between BH folks and Anandi's family, and then a subtle switch to a grown up Nimboli. 

And in the first episode post leap, they could show Anandi and Dsa's photos garlanded, with Nandini briefly walking down the memory lane to reflect what happened to these characters in a span of 15 years.

The last leap also moved on a heavy note with Shiv's death and Nandini being lost. This leap will also happen post tragic ending. Not fun.

Glad that it's ending though. 

Edited by Missesha - 8 years ago
aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Anandi usually defies traditions and also dadisa. Then why to call the pandit at all if they dont want to follow traditions? Why to follow it according to their whims and fancies?

Defying traditions which are man made and having faith in religion God and prayers are two different things. 
Who decided that a woman who lost her husband should dress up in dowdy clothes?
Who decided that women be prevented from entering cremation grounds? 
Who decided that only a male child can light the pyre?

Didn't Dsa read scriptures every morning and say her prayers along with her entire family every day?
Is it because it is a ritual or because she believed it is good for spiritual life. 

aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
If Dsa wanted to be dressed up like her husband wanted her to be dressed up when her soul meets her husband's soul why should that be faulted?
Dsa wanted to dress up for her meeting with her husband and for her death meant that she would finally be united with her husband for ever and that's how she saw her death.

That's why she welcomed her death.

If for her death meant something more beautiful awaiting her arrival then it is such a beautiful way of looking at death.

Don't know whether they will even show Anandi'slast rites being performed.

On the topic of Anandi's imminent death don't think there is any other way for Anandi to go. 
She always stood up against what the likes of Akheraj represented all her life and in her death too she is doing the same. 

Only one issue that saddens me about Anandi's life is that much of her life was filled with darkness either dark shadows or clouds with only a few brief spells of sunshine and light relieving the darkness.
It is her inner strength that didn'tlet the darkness enter her heart and mind.I so wish she had a little more time to enjoy her motherhood with having both her children by her side for a little longer time before the final battle with Akheraj started.