FAN: When was the last time... (Page 4)

cricketfan1 IF-Dazzler
cricketfan1
cricketfan1

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 9:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by ThugLeader

FAN has been a really polarising movie.
Whike many critics have praised it to sky, mostly because of SRK's good work, but public WOM for FAN has not been good.

Because its not for everyoneLOL...Do u think Shahrukh wouldn't have promoted this movie the way he usually promotes his movies if this was a regular commercial movie?

So you mean to say a 100+ crores budget was put into a movie which is already presumed to be not for everyone and hence may not even do good?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

glace-bleue

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 9:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by cricketfan1

Whike many critics have praised it to sky, mostly because of SRK's good work, but public WOM for FAN has not been good.

Because its not for everyoneLOL...Do u think Shahrukh wouldn't have promoted this movie the way he usually promotes his movies if this was a regular commercial movie?

So you mean to say a 100+ crores budget was put into a movie which is already presumed to be not for everyone and hence may not even do good?

why not?? Sometimes people do things for personal satisfaction of themselves and their loyal fanbase...and FAN is going to recover all its costs from overseas anyways...that is why they didn't waste money in promotions..Clap

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Pinnacle09angrybreadpallavi25AS-Rifi-DZ-

fivestars IF-Sizzlerz
fivestars
fivestars

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 9:30am | IP Logged
LMAO !! who is discussing FAN ?except his fans here LOL

Nishita123

U_R_MY_BITCH IF-Rockerz
U_R_MY_BITCH
U_R_MY_BITCH

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 9:30am | IP Logged

I already clarified to you I am not mocking you nor I am taking it personally. LOL I am just saying what it means when people say, they did not liked FAN because it is different, apparently.

I am just saying that people blaming the dark theme(which IMO is being overstated) or being not like the regular box office blockbuster for underwhelming performance of FAN at box office is just an excuse<font size="4"> to cover up the loop holes in the movie and weakness of the script and direction, and it obviously not being a good movie that people claim it to be.</font>

And I also enjoy good thrillers, but FAN was anything but thrilling.

Are you serious?? How many of the BBs and ATBBs have a strong script and no loop holes?? when did these things in a BW movie stop them from being hits at BO...I mean seriously u have to be kidding meLOL...make a list of all the blockbusters and then verify ur claims against themLOL

It does. if a movie is hatke as you claim it to be without the said factors which bring crowd, it needs to be a good movie to earn the bucks, which fan is not. Most of the all time blockbusters are full on masala movies so comparing them with FAN will be futile as they're are going to be mindless movies pulled into by over publicity.

All in all lets agree to disagree.

cricketfan1

cricketfan1 IF-Dazzler
cricketfan1
cricketfan1

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 9:32am | IP Logged

why not?? Sometimes people do things for personal satisfaction of themselves and their loyal fanbase...and FAN is going to recover all its costs from overseas anyways...that is why they didn't waste money in promotions..Clap

Do you really believe that someone spent 100 crores to satisfy a star's fanbase? Personal satisfaction is still understandable, but satisfying a loyal fanbase? By making a dark, depressing movie which has 'flop' written all over it and on the top of it, not even bothered to cover the loopholes, how are they supposed to satisfy the fanbase with such a movie?
cricketfan1 IF-Dazzler
cricketfan1
cricketfan1

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 9:40am | IP Logged
FAN's performance is like the low budget movies which get very limited release as they are catered to very specific audience?The difference is those movie retrieve their money back as they are usually low budged movies..

But FAN is different in the sense it has a so called Khan in it, the budget is 100+ and it got released like any other commercial movie in every center that is out there..Still its a flop...So the presence of a Khan did not make any difference to the movie's prospects? Even if his own said loyal fanbase watched the movie, the movie would have fared much better than this...
Nishita123 IF-Stunnerz
Nishita123
Nishita123

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 9:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by fivestars

LMAO !! who is discussing FAN ?except his fans hereLOL

Where is the STORY discussion on the forum ?? Lol
Only in the review thread I believe ,
Kuch bhi LOL

fivestars

Sri-R IF-Rockerz
Sri-R
Sri-R

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 10:00am | IP Logged

FAN's performance is like the low budget movies which get very limited release as they are catered to very specific audience?The difference is those movie retrieve their money back as they are usually low budged movies..

But FAN is different in the sense it has a so called Khan in it, the budget is 100+ and it got released like any other commercial movie in every center that is out there..Still its a flop...So the presence of a Khan did not make any difference to the movie's prospects? Even if his own said loyal fanbase watched the movie, the movie would have fared much better than this...
Because it's sharukh in the movie it got the highest first day bo collection of 2016 Though its catered for specific audience.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pallavi25AS-Rifi-DZ-

Go to top