India-Forums

Dahleez
Dahleez

OS l A Man of Principles

Soapoperasrfun IF-Sizzlerz
Soapoperasrfun
Soapoperasrfun

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 3:46am | IP Logged
I truly believe that Adarsh is a victim of his present circumstances, and that he would never intentionally do anything to hurt anyone. This present track of his commitment to Vanshika, while being in love with Swadheenta has not gone down well with many. I know that this is my imagination, and that this will never happen in the show, but I want to try and help redeem Adarsh in the eyes of those whom he has disappointed (mostly viewersLOL). My first attempt at an OS. I hope you guys don't think it is an absolute waste of time (yours and mine)!

Last night had been the most amazing night of his life. After the whirl wind that his life had been hit with in the last few days, the calm he felt in his heart last night was like heaven. Yes, he had found his heaven. 

He had always found happiness in the happiness of people close to him. Having played the role of a peacemaker and peace keeper in the family for as long as he could remember, it almost felt unnatural for him to want something or anything for himself. And then, it had happened. He had seen her at his dear friend's wedding, and he could not undo it. He did not understand his heart's desire to want to do things for her. He found happiness in pursuing her through silly means, and didn't think much of it. By the time he realized the complicated web that his innocent heart had spun, it will too late. He was hopelessly in love with her. While he imagined that winning her over and sharing his feelings for her would be his biggest problem, he was in for a huge shock when his mother informed him of their desire for Vanshika to become his wife. 

Vanshika! They were classmates at school but had absolutely lost touch thereafter. He was shocked to see her at his place that evening. When she confessed to his mother about their "relationship" for the last 11 years, and her love for him, it was all he could do to stay standing on his feet, because the world beneath him had given way, and he could see blackness engulf him. Before he could make sense of the happenings, he was sitting beside Vanshika at their Roka ceremony. He tried to stop it, stop it all... but the happiness on the faces of people he cared about left him tongue tied. He believed this to be another situation where he would find happiness in the joy of his family, but his heart was not up to it. It pinned for Swadheenta, the one he had come to love immensely. He tried to reason with himself that she did not think of him as anything other than a friend, but the pain of it all was too much to bare. 

The way his brothers had stood with him through it all made him realize that all his sacrifices through-out his life were worth it. He could do anything for his family, and they were going out of their way to do things for him. He found his anchor in their support, and for the first time in his life, willed to get what he wanted for himself, His Swadheenta! After confessing his love for her, and fighting not just with his circumstances, but with her too for their love, he had finally managed to get her to realize their love for each other. Last night, he had triumphed. The preponement of his engagement to an earlier date was the last straw for her. When she came to him last evening and held on to him like her life depended on it, constantly chanting a "I cannot loose you, I cannot loose you", he had won the most important battle of his life. And he found his peace. 

But now, with the dawn of a new morning, he woke up with intense guilt, and an immense shame. He couldn't understand why he felt unsettled after having found so much happiness. When he reached the break-fast table and found his mother busy with preparations for his engagement with Vanshika, he found his answer. In his efforts to win Swadheenta, and find his love, he had unknowingly mislead Vanshika and her family. He did not understand Vanshika's love or desire for him for they hardly ever communicated with each other, or knew each other. But having been in a similar situation of heart ache, he knew that his refusal to marry her would not be easy on her, particularly at this juncture when she had probably started weaving dreams of their life together. He looked around the table while assessing his next steps. When he met the eyes of his brothers and his bhabhi who had stood with him through his turbulent times, he knew what he had to do. 

With unwavering determination, he asked his mother and father to accompany him to meet Vanshika and her parents to discuss something of extreme importance. Although a little perturbed, his parents agreed to go. While he was waiting for them at the porch, his brothers and his bhabhi came to him, all ready to fight this war with him. But they had done enough already. This was his war to fight, and he could not have them involved. He could not risk them being affected by his poor judgement, and he willed to face it on his own. 

They were welcomed royally at Vanshika's place. Vanshika herself was all ready, and looked at him with an affection that he could not reciprocate. He found it hard to meet the eyes of everyone in the room, but knew that he had to tell them. With a confidence that he did not truly feel, he walked up to Vanshika and held her hands in his - "Vanshika, True to my name, I am a man of principles. I have always taken pride in the fact that I have never compromised my principles for anything. But with you, I did. Although it was unintentional, I know I have betrayed you and your trust in me, and for that, I am ashamed of myself. I am in love, and unfortunately, it is not with you. It took me time to realize my feelings, and even when I did, I tried to override them for the happiness of everyone here. But I realized that without being happy myself, I will never be able to bring the happiness to you that you truly deserve. I cannot love you the way you deserve to be loved. And it will be sinful on my part to go ahead with this wedding without letting you know that my heart is no longer mine to give to you. I cannot marry you". 

Vanshika looked at him with unblinking misty eyes. There was pain in them, there was disappointment in them, but there was no anger. She smiled a little through her tears and hugged him dearly - "Adarsh, I had harbored a crush on you from the time we were in school together. I knew you were different even then, and even today I am proud that it is you I feel in love with. The day I met you at your place, I gathered your discomfort but attributed it to the suddenness of the situation. Although I have loved you for so long, I knew that you did not feel the same way for me. But I believed that someday, I could make you fall in love with me. Having been in love for so long, and knowing now that it will never be reciprocated, I cannot wish such a future for you too. Yes, I am heart broken, I am devastated, but I know that I can deal with it and with time, I will get over it. But if I marry you today, I will put you in a situation similar to mine, and we will be more miserable than ever. Go, go get your love. You are a free man".

For a moment, Adarsh wasn't sure he heard what he did. He had expected a lot of drama, disappointment but not acceptance. All he could do then was to hug Vanshika to sooth her pain - "Vanshika, I know you loved me. But before love, you believed me to be your friend. And I want to be there for you as a true friend always. After all that I have done, do you think you could give me this honor? Can you accept me as your friend?"

He was glad when she genuinely smiled at his request, and accepted him as a true friend for life.  

Edited by Soapoperasrfun - 20 April 2016 at 3:54am

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

starryLove_skBrainbox1999Sharmi_swadarshSweetSauOnie...shristi sardadh19Garima04-Sarcy-Sana_JannatsushfizaDEEPZzzzMysticRiver

hanishank IF-Dazzler
hanishank
hanishank

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 4:54am | IP Logged
wow...so good

nice OS...
keep writing

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Soapoperasrfun

DEEPZzzz IF-Stunnerz
DEEPZzzz
DEEPZzzz

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 5:30am | IP Logged
Nice Os i know this probably  won't  happen in thw show but i like that u made them friends. . Do continue  to write 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Garima04Soapoperasrfun

Garima04 IF-Rockerz
Garima04
Garima04

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 6:45am | IP Logged
Nice try! Thumbs Up

Soapoperasrfun

MysticRiver IF-Addictz
MysticRiver
MysticRiver

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 7:31am | IP Logged
nice os..

Soapoperasrfun

-Sarcy- IF-Rockerz
-Sarcy-
-Sarcy-

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
From your comments on my SS, I always gathered that you'd be a good writer and I'm glad I was right. Wink
Absolutely loved this piece of work and yeah, wishful thinking that something like this could ever happen in the show, even if it is different from the typical telly dramas. Needless to say, as I share your views on Adarsh's circumstances, I enjoyed reading this piece of work and I'm sure you will achieve your goal with this OS. Look forward to reading more from you, maybe something SwaDarsh or any character for that matter. This show is full of them adorable ones.

Soapoperasrfun

Sana_Jannat IF-Rockerz
Sana_Jannat
Sana_Jannat

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 2:40pm | IP Logged
Clap Clap

Its really really beautiful ..
Conversation between Adarsh-Vanshika was nice Thumbs Up ..
Would be nice if Cv show something like this OS in Show Day Dreaming
..if possible plz continue writing..

Soapoperasrfun

sushfiza IF-Sizzlerz
sushfiza
sushfiza

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 3:17pm | IP Logged
Nice one 

Soapoperasrfun

Go to top