Fan Fictions

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Arnav Khushi SS: She will be loved [Complete] (Page 4)

whimsical Senior Member

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 9:02am | IP Logged

Part 3

Khushi panted as she rushed to her cabin. The bus had taken forever. She glanced at her wristwatch. She was almost fifteen minutes late. 

Stupid bus. Stupid traffic.

She was bending to switch on the desktop computer, when her phone rang. NK's extension number flashed on the screen. 

Almost as a matter of reflex, she looked towards the glass wall that separated her cabin from his. She could just about make out NK's silhouette through the blinds. 

He was standing next to his desk. It must be urgent.

She grabbed the receiver and said mechanically, "Good morning, Sir."

"Come to my cabin."

Before she could reply, he had hung up.

She frowned slightly. He definitely was not in a good mood. 

"Sir?" she said tentatively as she knocked on his door.

"Why are you late?" 

"I... the bus... I mean, I ... the-there was traffic," she stammered nervously, staring pointedly at his shoes. 

Why did she always get so nervous?

"I need the Khanna & Khanna file." 

"It's - I... Sir, I... gave it to you on... on Friday."

"Well, it's clearly not here, " he said, slamming his fist on the desk. 

She flinched, and felt her eyes prickle with impending tears. Everything that he did, everything that he felt and expressed, affected her deeply. 

She could not help but be reminded of how affectionate he had been when they had been dating. She had felt like a princess, no less. And then, he had gradually begun to ignore her, making her feel smaller than she ever had (which was saying something). And now, he had begun to shout at her too.

He had never shouted at her. 

As a matter of fact, he was a person of mild disposition who hardly ever shouted at anyone.   

She swallowed her tears and forced herself to be strong. She was certain that she had given him the file. 

Her Amma's words came back to her... jab tum sahi ho, toh nazrein jhukaane ki kya zaroorat hai?

"The file is not with me, Sir," she said calmly, managing to raise her eyes to meet his, "Would you like me to help you look for it?"

He scoffed, "I see that you have become very irresponsible. Clearly you have more important things occupying your mind."

"What do you mean?" she asked, confused.

"Nothing. Get out."

Her eyes filled up with tears as she turned to leave, but as she did so, she noticed the corner of a red file peeking at her from a pile of blue and grey files on the shelf. 

It could have been just any red file, but something told her that that that was it. She walked up to it and drew it out. 

It was the Khanna & Khanna file. 

She handed the over to NK silently, and quickly walked out of her cabin. 

"Oh," she heard him say as she left. 

Minutes later, he was in her cabin.

"I'm sorry, Khush," he said, smiling sheepishly. 

And she melted. 

Despite the way he had inadvertently broken her heart, she knew that he could never have meant to hurt her. Which was why she was never able to be angry at him for long.

"It's okay."

"No, it's not. I was upset about something else and I guess I took it out on you."

"Why? What happened?" she asked, concerned.

Before he could answer, Khushi's best friend, Lavanya had barged into her cabin with her trademark "Chamkili!"

Then, noticing NK in the office, she said, "Oh, sorry, Sir. I just came to ask Khushi about the office Christmas party. She has to come this year, right, Sir?"

Khushi stared at her. As friendly as NK was to all employees, she could never understand how Lavanya managed to be so informal around him. 

But NK did not seem to mind. 

"Of course," he said graciously, like the gentleman that he was. 

"Sir, but -" Khushi began to protest. 

"Offo, Chamkili, you have to come. And with a date. I will make sure I set you up with someone," Lavanya winked. She seemed to have forgotten that NK was still around. Or maybe she was just so confident and self-assured, that she did not care. 

Khushi, on the other hand, painfully introverted as she was, wished she could have disappeared from the face of the earth, then and there. She gaped at Lavanya, mortified. 

"You don't have to set her up," NK said, his eyes poring into Khushi's, with something resembling irritation clouding his face, "She'll bring Arnav surely."

"Oooh, who's Arnav?" Lavanya giggled. 

Her thoughts exactly. Who was Arnav? Oh right, the bartender. 

Khushi began to correct NK, but even though she had practised what she would say to him several times since the previous night, the words simply refused to leave her mouth. 

And when she finally blurted out, "He's not my boyfriend," NK had already left. 

"Not your boyfriend," Lavanya echoed, puzzled, "Who is he then?"

Khushi sighed. Why was everyone so preoccupied by that annoying bartender all of a sudden? She could barely even remember his name to begin with. And yet, NK had remembered...

Did that mean that it actually bothered him to think that she had moved on? Did he still like her then?  

"Chamkiliii," Lavanya interrupted her thoughts, "Tell, tell, who is this mystery guy?"

"Just some guy. Anyway, I am not coming to the party. Sorry, Lav. It's really not my thing."

Lavanya began to protest but was distracted by a loud noise coming from NK's cabin next door. 

Khushi squinted through the blinds. 

Sheetal was there. They were clearly making out, and with such fervent passion, that they appeared to have dropped what sounded like a stack of files on the floor. 

She felt her eyes burn with hot, heavy tears.

Did he even care that she was in the next cabin and could see and hear them? And if he didn't care at all about her feelings, why did he, time and again, give her the impression that he did? Why did he have such tremendous power to simultaneously hurt and heal her? And had he really been discomfited by the thought that she was dating Arnav, or was she so stupid as to imagine that she was somehow important enough for him to feel that way for her? 

"Chamkili? What hap-"

"I've changed my mind. Arnav and I will come to the party."

Part 4

Edited by whimsical - 30 May 2016 at 11:29pm

The following 120 member(s) liked the above post:

SirenMitra IF-Dazzler

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 9:13am | IP Logged
OK this is even worse.. Jealousy game has started... NK is acting like a Jerk.. Lavanya is cute.. Khushi seriously need to move on.. But where's our Hot Bartender?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

koisk IF-Rockerz

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 9:15am | IP Logged
Loved the updates

SanayakiDewani Senior Member

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 9:16am | IP Logged
Mindblowing fantastic update love it

Uzii Goldie

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 9:28am | IP Logged
Cool,NK is a total jerk he has no business to interfere in khusi's life so it's good that she will bring arnav as her date n lavanya is cute.

sweetydoll32 IF-Rockerz

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 9:28am | IP Logged
Awesome update dear please update soon..

dhakad_chori Goldie

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 10:25am | IP Logged
Very beautiful update loved it ;) thanks for pm

vinii01 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 11:06am | IP Logged
Awesome...loved it.thanks for pm

Go to top