Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Arnav Khushi SS: She will be loved [Complete] (Page 20)

SirenMitra IF-Dazzler
SirenMitra
SirenMitra

Posted: 14 May 2016 at 8:16pm | IP Logged
She has crushed personality, poor girl.. zero confidence. Arnav has superb patience. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

whimsical

avchowdhury IF-Dazzler
avchowdhury
avchowdhury

Posted: 14 May 2016 at 9:30pm | IP Logged
Great update

whimsical

Simifiction Groupbie
Simifiction
Simifiction

Posted: 14 May 2016 at 10:52pm | IP Logged
Awesome! Love this Arnav. Thanks for pm!

whimsical

sweetydoll32 IF-Rockerz
sweetydoll32
sweetydoll32

Posted: 15 May 2016 at 1:59am | IP Logged
Awesome update dear please update soon

whimsical

manjunaidu Senior Member
manjunaidu
manjunaidu

Posted: 15 May 2016 at 2:48am | IP Logged
Just came across this awesome story dear.loved reading the whole 7 parts.Good work. Clap

whimsical

donottulip Senior Member
donottulip
donottulip

Posted: 15 May 2016 at 10:35am | IP Logged
HEYYY !
Sorry for being so insensitive and not replying to your PMS , but seriously life is a disaster right now.Needed some time out for myself , I just finished reading all the chapters , thank you for the PMS , love.Heart

Keep updating , awesome chapter :D
Love Arnav's character in this story. GO KHUSHI KICK SOME ASS ! :D

whimsical

whimsical Senior Member
whimsical
whimsical

Posted: 20 May 2016 at 6:13am | IP Logged

Part 8 

To say that Khushi was happy would be an understatement, perhaps. There was a constant hum on her lips, a subtle skip in her step. She could positively feel that the air around her had gained a certain glow, a bright buoyancy. 

On her second day at work after her makeover, she had already ceased to feel as though she was looking at someone else when she caught sight of her own reflection. She was able to smile at the person who smiled back at her in the mirror.

On her third day, she had ceased to be surprised by the increased attention she received from her co-workers and clients of the firm, and found that she no longer begrudged anyone for having looked through her earlier. She could not blame them, since she herself was so content with staying in her shell and being left alone. 

On her fourth day, she had begun to feel increasingly comfortable with her new look and the need to give herself pep talks to feign confidence decreased drastically. 

On her fifth day, she was no longer pretending to be happy. 

She was happy, in a rather abstract sense, for no reason in particular, and in a way that even Sheetal was not able to mar. 

When she crossed Sheetal in the corridor that day, she did feel a sudden sadness tug on her heart, but it was a different sort of sadness from the one she had felt before. She felt an acute sense of loss, certainly, but not unworthiness. She did not avert her eyes away, as she used to do when Sheetal would sneer at her. Her loss may have been Sheetal's gain, but she no longer felt as though she had deserved it. She had been trying to convince herself for the longest of times that her relationship with NK was simply not meant to be, and the realisation was slowly beginning to sink in now. 

And with that, she was able to feel her anger towards herself, towards NK, and towards the world in general, begin to gradually dissipate. Arnav's words, that her world stretched way beyond her small family, her office work, her few friends and her heartbreak, began to fill her with a restless sort of curiosity. She almost wanted to break free and explore what was out there. The thought of venturing out of her comfort zone and broadening her horizons no longer felt as scary as it used to. 

On the sixth day, when she went to give NK his tea, he stopped her from leaving by clearing his throat awkwardly. And that was when Khushi realised that, for all her newfound confidence, she could still not allow her eyes to meet with his, for fear that tears might fill hers and give her away.

"I'm sorry, Khush," he said, in a slightly broken voice.

"For what?" Khushi asked, even though she thought she knew. It was the apology she had yearned for. Finally.

"I... You know what I mean."

She did. 

But she said nothing and simply waited, willing her eyes to remain dry.

True, she was his PA and prided herself on doing everything for him. But his apology would be his to complete. 

'I don't," she said quietly, interrupting the heavy silence that followed.

NK sighed as he said, "I messed up, didn't I? I... I should not have let you go. I have been... so wrong. I'm so sorry. I miss you, I really do. And I know you miss me too."

Tears began to flood her eyes and drop down from her lashes helplessly. She did not stop them. It felt oddly soothing to finally allow him to witness the pain that he had caused her - the shattered dreams, the constant self-doubt, the everlasting battle between hope and despair, love and hate.

He sprang to his feet and moved towards her, ostensibly to comfort her, but she stepped back immediately.

"Khush," he breathed, with a plea in his tone that she did not miss. 

A week ago, she might have succumbed, but something stopped her. It was a sudden burst of anger that she had not anticipated. It struck her that NK's so-called realisation coincided too brutally with her makeover for her to accept. 

Maybe if he had continued to be indifferent to her, she would have been able to cope with the hurt eventually. But this sudden reversal somehow seemed to pain her even more, because of the niggling thought that it was based on nothing more than those superficial changes in her physical appearance.

In that moment, she realised that she would have preferred to be seen as the same boring Khushi in branded clothes and contact lenses, that she had been in those drab salwar kameez's and thick spectacles. If NK's change in behaviour was truly linked to the changes in her wardrobe, it would only cement her feeling that to him, she - the person within - did not matter at all.

Was that the point that Arnav had wanted to bring across? Was the whole reason behind the makeover just to make her realise that NK did not care for who she was inside?

Her thoughts traveled over to Arnav. She remembered him asking her what she wanted, and realised that she still did not know the answer. She had wanted NK to realise that he had been wrong. And now that he did... now that she had received in his apology, the validation and vindication that she had sought, the sense of hurt continued to fester within her. What more did she want? 

The answer remained as elusive as ever. 

"Is there anything else, Sir?" she asked, attempting to steady her voice.

"Call me NK. After all, we -"

"That was the past," Khushi interrupted. 

"It doesn't have to be," NK whispered, as he brought his hand to rest against her cheek. She did not flinch. There were too many thoughts battling it out within her. 

"Have you forgiven me, Khush?" NK asked.

She gazed back into his eyes, craving to find the answers she sought, but she could not read them as she once thought she could.

"Is it because of my makeover?" she asked abruptly.

"Wh-what? No, of course not. I liked you before all of this, didn't I?"

He did.

"And then you left," Khushi reminded him, "Not to mention the fact that you did not want anyone to know... about us."

"I made a huge mistake, Khush; in fact several of them," NK said earnestly, "And trust me, I was bound to have realised it sooner or later, with or without the makeover. Trust me, Khush, just give me one chance and you won't regret it." 

Subconsciously, she allowed her face to lean against the palm of her hand slightly and closed her eyes as all the happy memories they had created together rushed back to her.

Maybe this is what she wanted, to believe him, to forgive him and give him a second chance, to make a fresh start... to give herself a second chance at happiness.

Things were finally falling back into place.

But something was amiss, something was wrong. The hand on the side of her cheek felt foreign, unknown, like that of a complete stranger. The person who had allowed his hand to touch her face felt like a complete stranger. 

Confused, she ran out of the cabin. 

Part 9

Edited by whimsical - 06 June 2016 at 1:53am

The following 138 member(s) liked the above post:

ck1985parimaladsun_smiipkndFansofykhanprincessep13murkalanju_aroraneena2000Jeba777aliahayseTAT_VJg.s.p.r.9.4.3.rhtkumar672v5a1s6avanthishivmisty_19arshibigfan95butterfly_20yhm111HemaSuryaczariaNivedita137bakwas_serialaemanarshireeshreelittlerenu16prekshu121ksksrsan12TrueLoveIs4everocean28Simantharslakhaninaj84sangeethbalapalakbitiyaanju4566sonupatsuratSuper.womanTinkJiaMayaraaSobtianamika00manusmithcl..Zahra..rsingh0103shyamiduttbrinnysamsung04arshilife2cheercocoamobanjubuavinovemberprati_incept_Oorja_saran3339tigress.meenussdewi83gprssoumyamuraliMickyyyymanjunaidulananlyscoderladyHuleygirlSonalikarhibrishti84RichelleArilipanjali-anjalibarsanaambi08nissoNandzNPKNdews100shils28thangam100fatima2603-MIMOSA-ArmelasarbmaloseAishu136srmirji29priyapaddu503shristi1seshatreeShru9tiKtotheMjessjazzTwilightStar_JPmehak06avchowdhurySirenMitrakshubhangiluvbugSS88kowshira9lechuarshiAnnasabuNazzz16vinii01set_fire_2_rainBeauceantdis_arshiamus5AnjuRishmadhu1210mahrusweetyPdroverArshi67sweetydoll32..Saraa..missmkkoiskvarsha2KDnisha_mehtasoapsudstintinuteja21anjslaksh65ChitraFkeenu_kkEthereal-Path-afsha-pup03Dee_JrulamaMiss.ZaidiranogillRasgulla_spDownhillMysticRiversadhnasoumya

Downhill IF-Addictz
Downhill
Downhill

Posted: 20 May 2016 at 6:22am | IP Logged
Thats amazing update.
Thats surely because of her makeover, else he would have never realized his folly.
He was among those many, who judge people based on their physical attributes. It would be a suivide, if she still harbours feelings for him or accepts him back.

whimsical

Go to top