Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

srmirji thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Beautiful... What a showdown...aah the slap...a much needed one... Makes it even better now that it had public around... Enjoyed the whole dialogue exchange...I want a replay in my own life
Thank you... Wish arnav and khushi all the happiness

Sri

vinii01 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Superb...loved it. Thanks for pm.
dis_arshi thumbnail
thats awesome
so they confessed and nk is gone :D
whimsical thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Thank you all so very much for all your likes and comments ðŸ˜ƒ I am so overwhelmed by the response this SS has generated, the more so, because it was a story that feels very close to my heart. I wish I could reply individually to everyone, but it was either that, or uploading the epilogue, which I could not wait to do ðŸ˜› I do hope you do not feel that the ending is rushed, since I did not tell you that Part 12 was to be the last part. I could have continued the story further, but I feel that that might mean dragging the story beyond what seems like a natural ending point. More importantly, I have another story in mind and am way too impatient to begin that one ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜†

Before I leave you, although I loved all the responses that I received, here is one comment that I particularly liked because it encapsulates perfectly what I wanted to convey, in a more eloquent manner that could have managed ðŸ˜³

Originally posted by: set_fire_2_rain

Jst awww...
I luvd it... She stood up for him for herself n their love... :))))
No well deserved it...
N the confession was touching...

True it is... Until n unless u don't learn to love yourself you can't luv someone ...even if u do it can't b from the core of ur heart... Coz the real u can luv smone only when that real part of u is familiar to u... :))

whimsical thumbnail

EPILOGUE 

Over six months had elapsed since the Christmas party where Khushi and Arnav had confessed their love to each other. 

Khushi had resigned from her job on the very same day. They had left the party silently amidst a stunned audience, and sat just as quietly in the taxi ride back home, stealing occasional glances and smiles at each other. Once they had reached Khushi's appartment, she had burst into tears, overwhelmed by everything that had happened, and repeatedly apologising to Arnav for everything that he had been made to hear because of her. And he, in what would soon become a tradition of sorts between them, had silenced her with a hungry, urgently passionate kiss that would leave them both breathless. Every time.

In the months that followed, Arnav would occasionally tease Khushi for having shed her shy and timid image and become so bold and aggressive when scolding NK. Her response would make his heart swell with happiness and pride, and love, "If anyone tries to hurt you again, they'll see the worst of me."

Khushi remained as introverted as she always had been, but her confidence was unshakeable. She still did not speak much, but when she did, she could look people in the eye, and not feel as nervous and intimidated as she once did. A lot of her newfound sense of confidence had to do with the fact that she had found a new vocation for herself. A few explorations in different department stores and corner stops and high-end boutiques had opened her eyes to a new fascinating world, and she enrolled in a short course to become a fashion designer. Who would have thought, that the Khushi who used to hide herself in the same drab practically colourless clothes everyday would have found her calling in the world of fashion. 

But it turned out that she was in fact highly sensitive to how different colours, fabrics, textures and cuts made her feel about herself, and ended up being quite picky on finding clothes that best epitomised her and allowed her to express her personality. At the same time, a lifetime of being shy and withdrawn had made her very observant and she was quite perceptive when it came to other people as well. Her designs were  a blend of understated elegance and quirk, with a distinct Indian element, and one of her teachers had told her that he was quite impressed with the somewhat unconventional, subtly non-conformist 'voice'  that her work seemed to have. 

Lavanya had initially been upset with Khushi for not having confided in her, but had been unable to maintain her anger beyond a week. She too had eventually submitted her resignation from NK's company, since she found it difficult to work with someone who had hurt her friend so badly. 

It appeared, however, that NK had changed quite significantly since Khushi's outburst. He had put an end to his philandering ways, humbled down and begun to work harder than ever, in order to take his father's company to new, unprecedented, heights. He had requested Lavanya not to leave because the company needed employees like her, and when Khushi had learnt of the same, she too had advised Lavanya to withdraw her resignation.

"Why are you so nice to that NK, even after everything that he did?" Lavanya had asked Khushi, shocked, "He hasn't even apologised to you, do you realise that?"

"Whatever he did was wrong," Khushi had replied calmly, "But if he is beginning to change for the better, like you said, you should encourage that change, and not desert him at this stage. Whatever personal issues Arnav and I have with him, should not affect your equation with him. As for his apologising, I know he won't be able to... probably because he feels so ashamed. But the fact that he is changing, is apology enough. I have no hard feelings anymore, and neither does Arnav. It's time to move on, La."

And so Lavanya had continued to work at the company, and began to work closely with NK. A week ago, he had told her that he had developed feelings for her, and even though she was starting to like the new improved NK too, she had asked for some time to decide, which he had gracefully accepted. But that, is a story for another day. 

Back to our real hero. Arnav Singh Raizada was on stage, accepting his degree certificate from the Vice-Chancellor of the University. He had graduated from his degree in architecture with distinction, and had already received three job offers from prestigious construction firms. 

In the audience, Khushi and Arnav's sister, Anjali, simultaneously reached out for their handkerchiefs and wiped away the corner of their eyes. It was an indescribably overwhelming moment for them to see him achieving his goal after having worked so hard and gone through so many trials and tribulations. Anjali had almost instantly warmed up to Khushi when Arnav had introduced them to each other, and the two had bonded like sisters who ever so often ganged up to irritate the hell out of poor, outnumbered, Arnav. Khushi's family too had grown extremely fond of Arnav, and was excitedly preparing for the upcoming wedding, even though both Khushi and Arnav had decided to only married in two years' time, after they had both settled down in their respective budding careers. 

Khushi smiled. She had never imagined that she could be destined to so much happiness. But so it was, that she had found Arnav, that through him, found herself, and that she had finally realised that the path to being loved began with loving and respecting oneself. 

As he descended the stairs from the stage, Arnav walked over to Anjali and Khushi, and after touching his Di's feet to seek her blessings, he embraced Khushi tightly, hoping to convey in that hug all the emotions, all the overwhelming love and gratitude, that he felt for her.  After years of struggle, against financial troubles and people treating him as though he were worthless, against his own fluctuating hopes, the indomitable faith that she had in him, believing in him more than he did himself, was to him, nothing less than a wonder. She inspired him everyday in his pursuit of excellence, even as she kept him grounded and tethered to the simple selfless joys of life. She was, in more ways than one, his khushi

Edited by whimsical - 7 years ago
gprs thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I'm happy to see the update but I didn't expect it to be an epilogue
whimsical thumbnail
Originally posted by: gprs

I'm happy to see the update but I didn't expect it to be an epilogue

Sorry about that. It just felt right to end at this point. Hope you like it tho? ðŸ˜›
gprs thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I love it buddy:)
I found this story very lately..maybe because of that I'm feeling it ended quickly..

But I love this ..it's a perfect closure for everyone...loved the changes in Khushi...she's still introvert yet the confidence about herself impressed me..the changes in nk are good..though I still didn't like him fir his words I'm happy that he's changing..khushi's talk with la shows her maturity ..

Finally I loved this Arnav.. really gonna miss this couple who compliment each other and made each other a better version of themselves..

set_fire_2_rain thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Luvlyyy... Bt didn't knew it was gonna end... Anyway every gud thing has to end smday :))))
*pat on ur back*Edited by set_fire_2_rain - 7 years ago
paddu503 thumbnail
Really amazing story. ...
Beautiful epilogue. ..