India-Forums

Saloni Chopra : Weakest Link of GOT (Page 5)

Stupefy IF-Sizzlerz
Stupefy
Stupefy

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 4:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -spongy-

Originally posted by .ButterflyNeet.

Originally posted by ..MiStLeToE..

Originally posted by Mananstories

Well in my POV Saloni is not a bad actor. I mean, I agree she doesn't match upto Shantanu's level but there is no doubt that day by day, she's improving. Shantanu's performing is outstanding and so is Barkha's. I really wish that it would have been Barkha oppositte Shantanu rather than Saloni. That would have been perfect
Oh a lot of people wish the same here.

I agree with this to such a point where i want to write a fan fiction about the two of them instead of Isha's character. That one request one of my readers made really made me think had it been the two of them (Gia and Sahir)  things would have been massively different. Its already been such a while and still not feeling their chemistry to be strong enough. 

Having borderline OCD- Gia wants everything to be perfect.
And Sahir is the complete opposite. Their love story would have been great.

But i am enjoying (as characters) Gia Azar more.
But (acting wise) Shantanu and Barkha.

PS. How cool it would be if Shantanu played Azar

I can't tell you how much I have imagined what u said in ur PS.

Shantanu playing Azhar would have been so so cool!Cool I had thought this at the promotional interview time only that what if Shantanu had played Azhar , the actor and not Sahir ,the musician , I feel he would have killed it. Yuvraj is doing a great job and I'm loving Azhar and Gia to no extent but the heart craves for certain things and I craved for Shantanu to play Azhar even before the show started so not comparing individuals just telling my wish!!Heart

Edited by Aayu27 - 23 April 2016 at 4:57am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

swarontanha786dvrushu-spongy-

-spongy- IF-Stunnerz
-spongy-
-spongy-

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 7:49am | IP Logged
I know the feeling.
I am absolutely enjoying Azar-Gia's chemistry. It is absolutely amazing.

But my love for Shantanu is more. So i always wanted him to be azar.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

swarontanha786Stupefy

Stupefy IF-Sizzlerz
Stupefy
Stupefy

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 8:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -spongy-

I know the feeling.
I am absolutely enjoying Azar-Gia's chemistry. It is absolutely amazing.

But my love for Shantanu is more. So i always wanted him to be azar.

Same absolutely same!Embarrassed My love for him is most as well! But azhar-gia are the best couple as of now!Smile
Nicki_vrushan Senior Member
Nicki_vrushan
Nicki_vrushan

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 10:32pm | IP Logged
Hi everyone, I have been watching the show from day one but haven't really been active here. The show overall is okish and I meanly watch it only for Shantanu. The show has an interesting concept, however at times it does go off track from its theme. Regards of that, I thoroughly enjoy watching it, especially the Shantanu scenes.
I have to agree with the topic marker, that Saloni by far is the weakest link of the show. In the initially weeks, we all have tried to give her a chance to improve and prove herself. However, it's been over a month, and personally I don't see any growth in terms of acting. She is the character which gets the maximum footage in the show, and to see her not even improve 1% is killing. Unfortunately Shantanu, has majority of his scenes with her, which falls flat cause of her expressionless acting. The story of isha and sahir is quite interesting and different and has potential to become the next big thing, however due to poor execution of isha's character it is quite not getting there, scenes lack chemistry. I guess the problem is that we have seen people improve tremendous just within a span of a week, and to give someone over a month and not see any improvement, is very disheartening.

Really hope that the cvs/crew of the show either start working with Saloni on improving her acting, maybe do some workshops and rehearsals with her, or consider replacing her.

Edited by cutenicki - 24 April 2016 at 10:40pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

swarontanha786dvrushu..MiStLeToE..Muskan_SwaRon

rbpll Senior Member
rbpll
rbpll

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 12:46am | IP Logged
According to me she is better than bad but poor than average...this is how can i describe her LOLbecoz i don't think she is that bad as people here are complaining...overall she is okay ...i can say she is tolerable ...but the major problem wid saloni is that she have only one expression in every scene and her dialogue delivery is pretty much same. It doesn't varies wid the emotion /mood of the scene...same goes for the character esha. As compared to gia and rave, saloni don't have many shades in her character . She is positive, mature, responsible and ambitious girl...we can see that esha is very sorted and one way character . The only time she can't control herself are in the matter of sahir only . May be that's why sahir is referred as her weakness. Most importantly she is paired opposite shantanu. That's why her non-expressive acting is more highlighted becoz shantanu is good performer. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

..MiStLeToE..Muskan_SwaRon

AttractiveAdya IF-Rockerz
AttractiveAdya
AttractiveAdya

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 3:37pm | IP Logged
Cut her some slack. It's just (just being the key word, cuz uh honestly it's been JUST some 24 episodes) been 1.5 months. And things take time. Nobody masters excellency immediately.

Also if people compare two actors, (I read someone say some newactress in a new show on some channel is doing a better job) the thing is everyone has different speeds of tapping their potential.

This is actually demotivating cuz I personally think she's improving. Not by 100% but maybe by 10% which is okay because isnt that how one grows.

Ever heard of uh good things take time :)

I'm not saying she is great but she's improving. There's A LOT she needs to work on. Especially her normal scenes.
As for her scenes with Shantannu, I think as an actor his work is absolutely brilliant and even he has grown a lot as an a tee over the years, he does his part well and Saloni is obviously not even half as great but again give her time and if it's actually that annoying then I think keep imagining someone else as Isha or probably just look at Sahir only or something.

Also comparing Barkha and her isn't right. I mean Barkha is too be honest, excellent.

And too bad, nothing anyone says can change what the casting directors have done. Cribbing leads this to no where.
zaara.fkm Senior Member
zaara.fkm
zaara.fkm

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 8:55am | IP Logged
The thing is, the actor and character that is perhaps only grown by a few percent in such a long time (its 1.5 mon on air, but they've been working in it from before), is the same one given the main screenspace, storyline, and much more including narration on behalf of all characters. And to be honest, as she is cast opposite 2 other new lead females, her performance will inherently compared with them. And to see all characters and actors performances grow, except her, brings in the question if its right to take away their due recognition and space/story in the show. 
In other fields, we are hired if we are qualified for the job, so why is it different in this case? And the entertainment industry is mad competitive, thus actors are required to step up their game even before their first shot. But here we've all been giving all the new actors space and time to improve and present their characters, and they've all delivered. I hope she improves, and the creatives work along with her to reach that, otherwise focus the space and narration to other characters. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pri98.arora

Muskan_SwaRon IF-Rockerz
Muskan_SwaRon
Muskan_SwaRon

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 10:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Anu_LoveRain

To be honest, I found her improving.
She is trying to do better .. She is new in the industry and is definitely trying.
I found alot of improvement in her drunk scene recently.
She didn't match up to shantanu's level and it isn't easy for a new comer .. But I truly feel she is trying her best.
-just my opinion.
*peace*

The problem is I have seen many a actors who are new to the industry but they are good. They might be bad initially but sooner dey are coated with good expressions, nice acting and excellent dialogue delivery. I respect your POV but till now I believe she is the same as she was in her first day. May be if instead of writing long essays on SNS, she attends some acting workshops then she'll be improved too Tongue

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

MTV Girls On Top Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index