India-Forums

Saloni Chopra : Weakest Link of GOT (Page 2)

Aisha_skywalker Newbie
Aisha_skywalker
Aisha_skywalker

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 1:35am | IP Logged
A much needed post. Hope cvs will read this soon and get out of their delusion. Horrible pairing I would say. Shantanu and Saloni is a perfect mismatch. Be it lookwise or acting wise. The chemistry is just not there. It's been 1.5months now and she still needs some more time? Her voice modulation,expression are so not up to the mark and unfortunately it is ruining Shantanu's hardwork as Sahir. It's unfair to see an actor like Shantanu getting so less scope to perform and Saloni even after getting ample of chances falls flat in potraying Isha. She looks so disinterested and doesn't even trying to get it right after getting so much criticism. I have zero patience left for waiting for her improvement. I don't want this show getting stretched and losing its essence.
-Aisha Kapoor

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

sbhanot65swarontanha786dvrushui_yatharthkExpectoPatronusMuskan_SwaRon--Ana--JensenVruShan

Stupefy IF-Sizzlerz
Stupefy
Stupefy

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 2:16am | IP Logged
Frankly speaking , I have found no improvement in her acting! Like literally zero and those who have found any it's their view point!

1. From the first episode till today I find her dialogue delivery absolutely the same i.e. flat!

2. The voice-over of isha in the whole episode is something I wish my daily dose of GOT didn't have but unfortunately it always does :(

3. I find no chemistry between her and Sahir. 

I think we have given her enough time and she isn't improving ,in the girls scenes I think she is still better but with Shantanu I feel she'll never match up!Sleepy

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

sbhanot65swarontanha786dvrushui_yatharthkExpectoPatronusMuskan_SwaRon--Ana----RENU--LiveEatLove

ExpectoPatronus IF-Dazzler
ExpectoPatronus
ExpectoPatronus

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 2:51am | IP Logged
oh girl, u just voiced my heart. Its 1.5 months now. & saloni is still d same. Blank faced. Shantanu alone pulls der scenes. I just cant believe saloni is cast wid Shantanu.! Shantanu deserves a better co-actress who can act atlst fair wid him. _/\_

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

swarontanha786sbhanot65i_yatharthk--RENU----Ana--Muskan_SwaRon

..MiStLeToE.. IF-Dazzler
..MiStLeToE..
..MiStLeToE..

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 2:52am | IP Logged
There are small scenes where I have found her ok or good, like the recent drunk scene. . .She was nice there.

But the problem is there and that is these tit bit scenes cant keep us holding on our chairs for long. She is the narrator, initially I used to like her narrative but now its all same. . . It has been more than a month that she is playing Isha and people have been giving their feedback but she hasn't shown any improvement in the scenes with Shantanu. And its seems so unfair coz Shantanu is trying to do his best but he can't pull off a duo scene single handedly always. She loses depth in her dialouge deliveries with Sahir and I think she hasn't even understood Isha well enough to relate with her feelings for Sahir. . .I mean Sahir is Isha's weakness and that gives an extra edge to her character to be pulled off but her same level deliveries just kills an otherwise strong potential scene. Isha and Sahir had some scenes in the past but didn't leave an impact coz Saloni didn't put her all in there.

Chitra :)

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

sbhanot65.ButterflyNeet.dvrushui_yatharthk--Ana----RENU--Muskan_SwaRon

tannuluv IF-Dazzler
tannuluv
tannuluv

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 3:45am | IP Logged
I agree...I don't know on which basis they cast her as a lead actress...No proper expressions, voice modulation,body language n more than that she looks older than shantanu.. weak in every department of acting + her looks bcs of this there is absolutely no chemistry between sahir n isha.. they even dont look like a couple... even after 1.5 month she is still same.. team which turned a non actor into fabulous actor like shantanu n many is not able deliver the same result dont know why.. something is missing in this show.. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sbhanot65swarontanha786dvrushuExpectoPatronusMuskan_SwaRon--Ana--

zaara.fkm Senior Member
zaara.fkm
zaara.fkm

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 4:10am | IP Logged
The character Isha has huge potential, since people working in the media industry or showbiz industry deal with a lot of things, relationships, and her character/journey can really bring out many great storylines that would be interesting to watch. That said, it requires someone who can fit the bill, regardless of their past work experience. And she doesn't in any angle. We've seen so many new shows that too in big GEC channels and others as well that have a lot at stake financially and reputably that cast newcomers, but the casting is done in a way where we can't even tell that those actors are newcomers, there characters immediately become their identity because of their great performance and great casting. 
I don't think I can strongly support the idea of giving her anymore time to improve, as she gets the most screenspace and narration opportunities to showcase any improvement. Just by relating to Isha's persona in real life physically or mentally doesn't mean one can also enact her character and her emotions in the same strength. And somewhere I feel that is what has happened in casting. I doubt to see much more improvement, if any, and I hope someone from the team reads this page and understands that although the character is great, its enactment suffers. 

Ps. I really do want to see narration of each person for their own story, I don't see how she would know what other ppl are thinking in their mind. 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

SanthaVruShansbhanot65swarontanha786dvrushu--Ana----RENU--Muskan_SwaRon

.nerfherder IF-Sizzlerz
.nerfherder
.nerfherder

Pragmatic CC Captain

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 4:16am | IP Logged
I agree with every word of your post Muskie.

I haven't been following the show regularly for two reasons, a) time constraints and b) nothing strong enough to make me watch the show overcoming said time constraints.
I for one had been very patient at the start, willing to give Saloni a chance to improve or atleast show that she can. But she hasn't and the very fact is even more annoying cuz the damn show is in her P.O.V  ._.

It's even more annoying cuz she is paired against Shantanu and the poor guy deserves a partner who can help him pull up an amazing scene. To quote Chitra, 'he can't pull up a duo scene single-handedly always'. Granted he is an amazing actor but it's a team job. And Saloni is failing miserably.

It kills the whole buzz man. 

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

sbhanot65swarontanha786dvrushu.ButterflyNeet...MiStLeToE..ExpectoPatronusMuskan_SwaRon--Ana--

.nerfherder IF-Sizzlerz
.nerfherder
.nerfherder

Pragmatic CC Captain

Posted: 20 April 2016 at 4:17am | IP Logged
The show is going to suffer if something isn't done soon.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

swarontanha786dvrushuExpectoPatronusMuskan_SwaRon--Ana--

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

MTV Girls On Top Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index