Saloni Chopra : Weakest Link of GOT

Posted: 7 years ago
Big thumbs down to the actress and all those members who were involved in casting her as the lead. Since she is a newbie in the TV industry, I tried to have some patience.. .tried to give her some time...but so far she hasn't given me even a single reason as to why should I wait for her improvement? Its been more than a month already since the show started.
       Let's just ignore the emotional scenes for once because I understand its not easy to pull off such scenes...not even for established actors at times. But Saloni doesn't look normal in the normal scenes too 😳
      Wouldn't have been so frustrated if she wasn't paired opposite Shantanu. The guy puts his best in all the scenes and Saloni literally kills the scene with just one dialogue or expressions of hers
       Isha is the centre of attention in the show and deserving and talented actors in the show like Shantanu and Barkha hardly gets any importance.
     One more thing, why does she have to give description for everything that is happening in the show? Why can't others just voice out their scenes by their own?
      Its not that other actors are flawless but Saloni Chopra, definitely is the weakest link of Girls On Top _/\_
To be honest, I found her improving.
She is trying to do better .. She is new in the industry and is definitely trying.
I found alot of improvement in her drunk scene recently.
She didn't match up to shantanu's level and it isn't easy for a new comer .. But I truly feel she is trying her best.
-just my opinion. 
*peace*
She needs to improve n work on her acting skills n voice also. A single character cannot carry the whole scene on his shoulder. Her portrayal in emotional scenes specially is not matching with her co- star. 
She is a huge let down. Its been 1.5 months and no improvement yet. And she is not a newbie also. She has acted in several short films before. 
Even the girl who plays Shreya is a much better actor than her and yes just like you it pisses me off more coz she is paired opposite Shantanu and she ruins his effort and the scene tanks. 
More than her lack of expressions , the throw of her voice and the lack of voice modulation affects the scene more I feel and ruins the narration too. 
I can't believe MTV India couldn't find a better new face to launch. -_- 

P.S - Bindass is launching a new show...the female protagonist there is seen narrating about Mumbai on similar lines like that of Isha's...go and check out her narration you will understand the difference. That girl is also new but she is already so good.
I find her in the middle of bad and average. Overall she is okay and her pairing wid shantanu is okay but yes other actors are doing better than her. The idea of narrative is good but the voice should be of someone else. Frankly speaking I don't like esha's narrative. One becoz it is done by Esha and secondly I don't feel the depth in narratives plus at times narrative is not needed everywhere.
Umm according to me Saloni has shown change in her acting but still the change or may be we can say the wee bit improvement is nt yet appreciable...I was being positive uptil now thinking she needs time to pull off her scenes well, specially cuz most of the Ishir scenes are strong and intense but I agree that she falls a little flat even in normal scenes cuz others are far  better than her...infact every actor is...even ppl like Tara who barely has a role is doing well..Considering that and also the fact that she's being paired opposite one of the finest actors she should really try to get better cuz her weaknesses get easily highlighted.

The idea of having a narrative or writing theme based episodes with titles for each of them is a creative thought, but I really feel that all 3 girls should be narrating their parts as it would mean giving equal importance to all the 3 female characters since the show revolves around the life of all of them and not just Isha , and also because Isha needs to work on her voice. 

Edited by Spark.Shreya - 7 years ago
I agree with you and this indeed is a great post, Muskie.  πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ€— Her expression and voice just irks me. I wonder why they didn't get a better actress other than her -_- Barkha is the only actress I like there, even Ayesha needs to improve. Also, she doesn't look good opposite Tannu :/ 
A much needed post. Hope cvs will read this soon and get out of their delusion. Horrible pairing I would say. Shantanu and Saloni is a perfect mismatch. Be it lookwise or acting wise. The chemistry is just not there. It's been 1.5months now and she still needs some more time? Her voice modulation,expression are so not up to the mark and unfortunately it is ruining Shantanu's hardwork as Sahir. It's unfair to see an actor like Shantanu getting so less scope to perform and Saloni even after getting ample of chances falls flat in potraying Isha. She looks so disinterested and doesn't even trying to get it right after getting so much criticism. I have zero patience left for waiting for her improvement. I don't want this show getting stretched and losing its essence.
-Aisha Kapoor
Frankly speaking , I have found no improvement in her acting! Like literally zero and those who have found any it's their view point!

1. From the first episode till today I find her dialogue delivery absolutely the same i.e. flat!

2. The voice-over of isha in the whole episode is something I wish my daily dose of GOT didn't have but unfortunately it always does :(

3. I find no chemistry between her and Sahir. 

I think we have given her enough time and she isn't improving ,in the girls scenes I think she is still better but with Shantanu I feel she'll never match up!πŸ₯±
oh girl, u just voiced my heart. Its 1.5 months now. & saloni is still d same. Blank faced. Shantanu alone pulls der scenes. I just cant believe saloni is cast wid Shantanu.! Shantanu deserves a better co-actress who can act atlst fair wid him. _/\_