India-Forums

Tashan-e-Ishq
Tashan-e-Ishq

TEI EP 201: Kalantaka; Analysis

areeba_blossom IF-Sizzlerz
areeba_blossom
areeba_blossom

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 10:06pm | IP Logged

*this analysis includes references to Lord Shiva and his wives. I have limited knowledge on the subject and my source for this knowledge has been a 'mythology in literature' class in school. If any part of the reference is incorrect or my mentioning of certain aspect is offensive to believers of hinduism, please do tell me immediately so I can correct myself. 

Bebe and Leela have always referred to Kunj and Twinkle as reflection of Paravti and Shiv. So far we have seen Twinkle take reincarnations of Paravti and stand in her war for love as Goddess Durga, Shakti and Parvati. 

Kalantaka or Conqueror of Death is one of the aspects and attributions of Lord Shiva. The mantra was provided by Lord Shiva himself after seeing Lord Indra's well-being in danger after he hung from a tree over flames for twenty years. 

Yamraj, the God of Death was defeated by Shiv after he tried to take a devotee of Shiv who had been blessed with a short life span by Shiv himself. The devotee takes it upon himself to recite the Mahamrityunjaap in order to plead to Lord Shiv which works miraculously as Shiv defats Yamraj and grants his devotee a long-life. The jaap was also recited by Goddess Sati/Shakti in order to protect Earth's moon which would have destructed itself because of a fight that started because of Shiv's anger. >> Twinkle had previously touched Kunj's feet signifying how she has given him an elevated status of "God" that Hinduism has given to the husbands. It portrays her devotion and submission and her being the one to recite the mantra signifies her complete devotion towards Kunj. Kunj's current position in the war is because of his anger taking over him after not being able to protect his wife from Yuvraj's foul plans however as Shiv's wives held the power to calm him down, Twinkle with her devotion would be the one to restore Kunj back to his health. 

The Mahamrityunjaap mantra is recited to Lord Shiva to protect his followers (Sarnas have been shown to worship Lord Shiva and Goddess Durga throughout along with following Sikhism.) The mantra restores life, healing the person from mental, physical and emotional injuries faced till date. The mantra is supposed to be recited 108 times because it correlates and resonates with 12 times 9 with  addressing the all the 12 stars and all the planets. The number hold s a divine and universal energy to resurrect energy and strength that has been lost.  108 also adds up to the number 9=1+0+8 as well and displayed the universal and divine power indicating completion and start of a new beginning. With the recitation and Twinkle's devotion to the mantra, Kunj would be healed and would return back to health through her nurturing believe in their love. 

Twinkle wore the color purple and while throughout so far in Kunj and Twinkle's relationship, this color along with blue, yellow and pink have been standing points because of their selflessness, optimism, insight, determination and stability; the purple today belonged to Twinkle wholly instead of their relationship. The crown-chakra also known as the main core that adjoins all the energies inside us eludes the color purple upon unification. Throughout the attacks so far, Twinkle has passed easily with flying colors while Kunj had struggled upon every step because of his insight into practicality instead of impulse. >> He walks into their bedroom and tells Twinkle that her actions do not make logical sense and quite frankly, faith isn't logical in any way because it demands you to believe in higher power which isn't something you can calculate. Faith adjoins both heart and brain in order to get stability for your soul. 

Since the beginning of the track of Yuvraj's return, Twinkle have required Kunj's partnership until this point where she no longer requires Kunj's partnership in order to take their relationship forward. She requires his belief and devotion towards her as she had given him by allowing him to take her decisions regarding her choice to reveal Mahi the truth and by dictating the terms of their relationship while they were separated. It's going to be interesting to see how Kunj  actually lets his Twinkle see the "beintehaa mohabbat" he has claimed to for her surface when she rounds herself to sacrifice herself for his "life" in very literal ways. 

--Just want to point at the sigh Kunj gave when Twinkle declared she was going to do a fast for Kunj. Kunj is a morally driven person rather then religiously and I loved how he gave in because he realized it would make her satisfied. He has been vocal about every person adopting a route they are happy with and that attribute of his makes him distinct from Yuvraj in front of Twinkle. 

Bebe talks about the new driver, Kartar Singh who is a wonderful in his job. Kartar means Creator of God and his driving Bebe and Manohar towards the temple indicated how Bebe and Manohar have been instrumental in bringing Kunj and Twinkle closer. Both individuals hold very concrete beliefs with regards to their faith and that faith and divine direction had influenced their perspective towards Kunj and Twinkle's union. 

Bebe stepping onto the name of Kunj on the leaf by havan-kund indicated how she ultimately pushed Kunj this far in standing by Twinkle and while it had brought on really bad situation and circumstances, she'll make sure to mend the reasons because of which Kunj and Twinkle's relationship suffered. Also, her acceptance of Anita into the house has been instrumental in bringing Twinkle's past closer to her present. 

The same was reflective once they got to the house and everyone was on the stairs. Twinkle alerted Bebe about the downfalls that would come in if she accepted Anita alongside with her and Kunj, the result wouldn't be pretty. The smashing of the kalash against the glass that pierced Kunj signified how Yuvi and Anita's return into the house had purified his relationship with Twinkle by erasing the misunderstandings but it also brought the negative shadows upon their relationship because of the quest of revenge that ran in the Luthras' blood. 

Bebe is going to regret her decision to accept Anita as Surjeet's wife upon Anita's revelation which would follow in next two months at most. Not only did Surjeet will suffer another heartbreak but Kunj and Twinkle's life would be impacted deeply later on as well after Yuvi is thrown away by Kunj and Kunj avenging the justice for which he walked in and endangered himself for. 

Leela's presence in the opening scene signified of how she has been the one to adjoin Kunj with the Taneja rivalry and how her war with Anita had been instrumental in pushing Twinkle's life through trials and her transition into a personal war with Yuvraj as well. Her seating with the Sarnas as well later on signified how she along with Manohar had made sure the alliance settles through, especially after the 'kundlis' of Kunj and Twinkle matched extraordinarily well. 

Will elaborate more on Yuvraj's role with tomorrow's episode as it'll give an extension of the plan he's working at to get to Twinkle.

The episode was reflective of Twinkle's role as Shakti and Parvati whose love for her husband would truimph over all. Please leave your thoughts! 

Edited by areeba_blossom - 19 April 2016 at 10:35pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

DAPSGpulikaskamanikardooks--Natasha--teddyyyDuumpsTranquility123.Ragini.Sherni_Jerry

Sherni_Jerry IF-Stunnerz
Sherni_Jerry
Sherni_Jerry

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 10:43pm | IP Logged
Areeba this is brilliant. you have given the reference so nicely. apt. someone needs to tweet this link to writers.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

areeba_blossom

.Ragini. IF-Sizzlerz
.Ragini.
.Ragini.

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
Okay so i am reading your analysis after such a long time
honestly bro you are amazing!
i havent seen the epi yet so cant comment much on it but this is sheer brilliance
i agree with J, someone tweet this 
Wait i'll be back after seeing the epi
exam time,  i feel like wikipedia these days lol
But Areeba seriously this is awesome

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DAPSGSnowflake0923areeba_blossom

Snowflake0923 IF-Rockerz
Snowflake0923
Snowflake0923

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 10:56pm | IP Logged
Areeba this is just awesome
Love how you relate things
This is a really beautiful post very well written

areeba_blossom

teddyyy IF-Rockerz
teddyyy
teddyyy

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 10:59pm | IP Logged
Oh my goodness, I basically have very limited knowledge on Hinduism so this was so eye-opening! I just saw the episode in an entirely new light, wow. Completely brilliant how you adapted the beliefs to the couple and specifically Twinkle's role in all of this Clap You did such a great job buddy, I have nothing more to say haha. 
Yo I don't have a twitter guys, someone do it if Areeba agrees :P

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

--Natasha--Snowflake0923areeba_blossom

--Natasha-- IF-Dazzler
--Natasha--
--Natasha--

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 11:02pm | IP Logged
Personally, mythology has always been intriguing for me.
I did not the origins of the mahamrityunjanjaap,I knew what it was but not in detail.
I loved how you beautifully correlated Twinkle as Parvati and how Kunj will get to see her beintehaa mohobbat for him.
The significance of kalash breaking the glass vase and how bebe will regret acceptance of Anita was insightful.
You are right,faith isn't logical,its either you believe or you don't but those that do stop looking for logic and just believe.
Looking forward to how to sketch Yuvraj's plan to have Twinkle's possession.Big smile

areeba_blossom

areeba_blossom
areeba_blossom

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 11:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sherni_Jerry

Areeba this is brilliant. you have given the reference so nicely. apt. someone needs to tweet this link to writers.

Thank you Jerry!! I always look forward to your comment!!

I'm sure the writers don't check out everything fans sent LOL

Sherni_Jerry

areeba_blossom
areeba_blossom

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 11:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Ragini.

Okay so i am reading your analysis after such a long time
honestly bro you are amazing!
i havent seen the epi yet so cant comment much on it but this is sheer brilliance
i agree with J, someone tweet this 
Wait i'll be back after seeing the epi
exam time,  i feel like wikipedia these days lol
But Areeba seriously this is awesome

Ragzzz!! I have seen very less of you on the forum as well. Best of luck with the exams! 

Thank you so much for your appreciation.

Go to top