Dahleez

India-Forums

Dahleez
Dahleez

Are the characters really "Out of Character"!

Soapoperasrfun IF-Sizzlerz
Soapoperasrfun
Soapoperasrfun

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
There has been so much discussion in the forum regarding the characters of the leads - what they should or should not have done, that the growing debate has brought even me, a mostly silent observer of posts, to initiate one! LOL

This may not be a unique one, and I have seen other threads with similar thoughts, but unfortunately none with credible defense for their stance. I hope mine will have enough proof.

Are the characters really out of character!

Adarsh - The recent things that this gentleman has been up to have upset many viewers Wink

1. That thing called Vanshika - Well, he may have had his reasons for keeping quiet about it in the past. But now, he has clearly realized that he is in love with Swadheenta, and that he is going to pursue his love. So, what may be his reasons for keeping quiet now, and not telling Vanshika about his dis-interest in her. Well, Vanshika is new to him. He has barely spoken more than 2 words to her at length, and almost never without others being present. He may not have said it in so many words, but he has certainly never acted comfortable in front of her or with her. This to the point that his brothers suspected his non-involvement in all of it. Yes, he is quiet. But what are his other options. Swadheenta has not accepted that she loves him. If he runs to mommy, he is putting Swadheenta's career at risk. Without being sure of her wants, how can he confess his love for her to his parents? He can ask for time, and he tried, but his father urged him to go ahead, and his mother is a controling character as it is. So without a credible explanation, how can he get away from this situation? Is this incorrect for Vanshika, of-course it is. But the situation is more to blame than him alone. 

2. The dance - Her father wants her to marry his best student. Adarsh is an accomplished IAS officer. Jeevan is an accomplished man in his own right. The discussion is not about whether being a good man and an IAS officer is good enough for marrying her. Of-course it is. But it is not enough for her father. So, if the choice he has is that he either gets her to go against her appa to choose him, or he impresses her appa to accept him, he is choosing the latter. Why is that so incorrect?

3. His recent goofy acts - Well, we all know that love makes people do silly and weird things. He is a simple man in love, trying to impress his girl. This has to be acceptable.

So in all, I do not believe that he has done anything that he cannot redeem himself from. And none of his actions have been truly out of character for him. He still may be truly apologetic towards Vanshika and may make it up to her in some way. But it is not in his power to do anything about it at the moment. 

Swadheenta - The things that she has not been doing have made her a culprit Big smile

1. Her impending marriage - Although she had accepted her marriage to Jeevan, and hence believed that she should stay away from Adarsh, it is clear even to her that this is just a practical decision for her. Her career has been more important to her, and she had promised her dad to marry whoever he chose for her. She may not be in love with Adarsh, but she is certainly not in love with Jeevan either. So far, her decision about her marriage has been a very practical one for her. 

2. Her feelings - It is only recently that she is beginning to realize that she can fall in love too. So far, her only love has been her career. Now, when push comes to shove, and she has 2 people in front of her, she is beginning to realize that she probably prefers the one that she is not meant to get. That puts her in a place where she may have to break a promise that she made to her father. Her dilemma is understandable. 

In my opinion, both the leads are acting in a manner that is natural, realistic and believable. Unlike may other shows (which I dont watch, gladly), this show is portraying its leads in new light. 

Needless to say, I am "for" the way things are going so far. Will gladly wait to see any of your arguments. Any takers?

Edited by Soapoperasrfun - 19 April 2016 at 3:17pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

bumbushibroderickp.vibhaSana_Jannat-Sarcy-..Jemimah..VIMAL.SMDEEPZzzz

-Sarcy- IF-Rockerz
-Sarcy-
-Sarcy-

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 2:09pm | IP Logged
*Blowing virtual kisses your way* Hug

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Soapoperasrfun

Sana_Jannat IF-Rockerz
Sana_Jannat
Sana_Jannat

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 2:25pm | IP Logged
Well said Clap

Agree with u
and somewhere i used same points in My earlier post about Adarsh's action (but im not good in expressing thoughts or like u said not enough for defending Smile ) ..
And yes Characters r natural & till now i'v no problem with characters ..

Edited by Sana_J. - 19 April 2016 at 2:28pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sarcy-Soapoperasrfun

Ashutosh.Nidhi Goldie
Ashutosh.Nidhi
Ashutosh.Nidhi

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
Simply awesome!
The realistic approach is what has always drawn me towards this show!
When we are in a situation whereby we are bound by multiple emotions and relationships that are valuable to us this is how we would react naturally! All your sanity and wisdom goes out of the window. not knowingly you want to hurt anyone but your brain stops working and your heart starts ruling over and that is what is Adarsh doing and soon will Swadheenta Tongue

All is fair in love & war Wink Embarrassed
To start off Adarsh was thoughful about his parents, then Swadheenta and now if he starts thinking abt Vanshika then when will he think abt himself LOL and this is what Sinha brothers made him realise that choose what you want and rest all will fall in place itself Smile

Edited by Ashutosh.Nidhi - 19 April 2016 at 2:39pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sarcy-Soapoperasrfun

DiscoDhokla IF-Rockerz
DiscoDhokla
DiscoDhokla

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 4:09pm | IP Logged
you said it all! Clap

Soapoperasrfun

DEEPZzzz IF-Stunnerz
DEEPZzzz
DEEPZzzz

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 7:01pm | IP Logged
Awesome post Clap hope u continue to post :)

Soapoperasrfun

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top