DocD
DocD

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
Hiya Guys!!!
Just dropped in to say I'm missing the forum!Cry

Hug

What to do?
Have been having a manic time at work!Ouch 

Myriad thoughts racing through my mind since yesterday...several interesting facets...some beautiful nuances about human relationships...my favourite playing ground!Big smile
Can't help but take my reviewer status seriously!LOL
Or better still, critic!Tongue

But on a serious note, have to say
Some really insightful character sketches of 2 beautifully flawed characters
Shravan
AND
Sumo

Wish to have some time on hand to be able to to do adequate justice to my thoughts on the current track...for whatever my thoughts are worthWinkLOL
Hence, would like to take some time to get back on my musings...

Until then, would just like to leave behind some food for thought...

1. What really is the worth of an orphan child's dreams? What really?
2. "To err is human", even for the most evolved. What does it take then to flip the 'lens', especially if it is a lens loaded with 'baggage'?
3. Unconditional relationships are a rarity in today's day and age. What does it take to realize them, and more importantly hold on to?

Hoping to stimulate some good thought-provoking discussions, what with the intellect that our forum is blessed with...

On the aside, since I have begun to don the reviewer's hat rather seriouslyLOL, would like to comment on the histrionic potential (strictly my take) of our talented duo:

- NAMIK PAUL is EXCEPTIONAL at nuanced emoting...a case in point: his understated 'confrontations' with Khosla are simply BRILLIANT...right from his body language...to the smirks...to those volleys of rebuttals...just reeks of CLASS! But the guy HAS to work on his dialogue delivery cos he seems to do a yo yo quite repeatedly! If he can modulate his voice superbly with just the right touch of softness (read: the concluding ShraMan scene yesterday), he can also come across as plain sermonizing when he spells out facts and figures!(read: Shravan;s reaction to his Dad in the first scene yesterday or some moments during his talk with Mami today). Why do I mention this? 'Cos the guy has this absolutely RARE gift of talking through his EYES...he uses EXPRESSIONS like no other!! ClapClapClap For somebody who can speak through his silences, this has got to be child's play!Smile

- NIKITA DUTTA is an absolute NATURAL! ClapClapClap She is BRILLIANT at subtlety, and ACES the difficult art of voice modulation! She has a very good RANGE as well, so what then is her improvement area? She could possibly work a little on getting more consistent with the 'emotional pitch' of her dialogue delivery as well. Case in point - It is Nikita who does 'history book' emotional scenes like the ones in Sumo's old house or the "I am sorry" voice modulation moment last week AND it is the same Nikita who did a completely flat "Meri mari hui Ma, Mrs. Priya Tiwari..." scene yesterday! The scene yesterday was extremely powerful...Namik's plethora of expressions as they changed from an inexplicable sense of calm to unsettled were EXTRAORDINARY, Nikita's 'emotional pitch' could have been a notch higher...

To reiterate, this is entirely my take, not that it's worthy anythingBig smile

Can't wait to be back to share my reflections of what I feel about the current track
To summarise, I for one, definitely feel ENRICHED
In my understanding
Of human relationships
Their FRAGILITY, included!

THANK YOU...
Team EDKV
Shravan
Sumo
Namik
Nikita
Heart

Cheers!
DocD

Edited by DocD - 19 April 2016 at 7:31pm

The following 39 member(s) liked the above post:

gaya_subvvsarithajassu7Gallantkirti0712addictv-ammy-peachesandcreamrcozafaii44s.sayraniara12PlainJaneTINAMONIPrasanna_dhanuGlimmernoexcusedakshaavigauriangelindranigupta-Shilpaa-pubacrazy_vaishDivyaDivI10-AvadaKedavra-OmaRamdassS.StephyBinKuchKahe.SahSahLIKEDMG...-Riya-...Sneha.koWinterIsComingorion23chicksoupRi21Manan_fab5_ky2ShaitaanKiKhalaBriyanikidaig

LIKEDMG IF-Sizzlerz
LIKEDMG
LIKEDMG

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 12:16pm | IP Logged
Agree...
Namik shud work on his hindi pronunciation..his modulation and eyes..body language..expression...very good..He is new in the lot ..but he never fails to give good delivery to audience ...the actor understands the character automatically Audience can feel that character ...same for Shravan...

Nikita is natural...
both make perfect for us...Big smile

Edited by LIKEDMG - 19 April 2016 at 12:15pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

CashiviTINAMONIPlainJaneindraniguptaShaitaanKiKhala

Manan_fab5_ky2 IF-Stunnerz
Manan_fab5_ky2
Manan_fab5_ky2

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
Once again you are back with bang on post Hug

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

TINAMONIPlainJane

PlainJane Goldie
PlainJane
PlainJane

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
Hello, DyotonaBig smile

Wow, what a beautiful post!Star

The way you describe ShraMan is magical. Such lovely words. You have brought out the deep underlying factors of their relationship and individual character growth of Suman and Shravan so elaborately. Your choice of words; the message they convey and questions they raise are beautiful.

The relationship of ShraMan is magical, as I keep repeating. HeartBut your words make it all the more magical. Your analysis of the characters and their relationship makes me think deep thoughts about the couple.

ShraMan is a beautiful couple. I wish I could have a relationship like that with someone. Life would be so fulfilling. Here's to hopingDay Dreaming

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

TINAMONIindranigupta-Shilpaa-

niara12 Senior Member
niara12
niara12

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
Love reading you thought!!!!
You weave the story so magically to broaden our insight into couple

Absolutely love them to the core of heart. To me most importantly the nuances look so real as one soul speaks to other, the effect of telephathy on them 'KAHIN TERI KHAMOSHIYAN JEET NA JAYE PYAAR SE'

They are not straight forward towards each other feeling, hide themselves in loathe of ego and self respect as a defense mechanism; not to get hurt eventually as title track goes'Hoothon pe tere shikhavon ka shor hai, par yeh nighaye kehti kuchhh aur hai'
The expression of eyes speaks their heart.

Till date I have noticed just two facets, I am living for the day wherein their will be no reservations on 'Miljaane de joh baane Ek Duje ke Vaaste' their actual love saga will start

CashiviPlainJane

puba IF-Dazzler
puba
puba

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
The actors of this show are fabulous. Dialog delivery reminds me of the newest olv where Namik couldn't say "zameen and jaydad" for the love of god. So they actually changed it to property...Embarrassed It was funny. 
Just waiting for Shravan's plan to unfold!

Edited by puba - 19 April 2016 at 1:01pm

s.sayraPlainJane

-AvadaKedavra- IF-Rockerz
-AvadaKedavra-
-AvadaKedavra-

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
- NAMIK PAUL is EXCEPTIONAL at nuanced emoting...a case in point: his understated 'confrontations' with Khosla are simply BRILLIANT...right from his body language...to the smirks...to those volleys of rebuttals...just reeks of CLASS! But the guy HAS to work on his dialogue delivery cos he seems to do a yo yo quite repeatedly! If he can modulate his voice superbly with just the right touch of softness (read: the concluding ShraMan scene yesterday), he can also come across as plain sermonizing when he spells out facts and figures!(read: Shravan;s reaction to his Dad in the first scene yesterday or some moments during his talk with Mami today). Why do I mention this? 'Cos the guy has this absolutely RARE gift of talking through his EYES...he uses EXPRESSIONS like no other!! ClapClapClap For somebody who can speak through his silences, this has got to be child's play!Smile

Thank you for mentioning this. Namik does indeed have an habit of pausing between in places where pauses are not needed. I don't know why but sometimes I feel that he has trouble with pronouncing some words. But I see that guy emoting so well, and I am sure he will get better with time, maybe I am biased LOL
- NIKITA DUTTA is an absolute NATURAL! ClapClapClap She is BRILLIANT at subtlety, and ACES the difficult art of voice modulation! She has a very good RANGE as well, so what then is her improvement area? She could possibly work a little on getting more consistent with the 'emotional pitch' of her dialogue delivery as well. Case in point - Its the same Nikita who does 'history book' emotional scenes like the ones in Sumo's old house or the "I am sorry" voice modulation moment last week AND it is the same Nikita who did a completely flat "Meri mari hui Ma, Mrs. Priya Tiwari..." scene yesterday! The scene yesterday was extremely powerful...Namik's plethora of expressions as they changed from an inexplicable sense of calm to unsettled were EXTRAORDINARY, Nikita's 'emotional pitch' could have been a notch higher...
 @bold- Thank god I am not the only one who felt that. Her voice was indeed flat, devoid of the plethora of emotions she is feeling. But again, constructive criticism is one of the ways they can improve.
I always love reading your posts :D I think I have reserved a spot somewhere but don't have high hopes, I am very lazy LOL
I want to comment on your food for thought questions, I will do so once I get back from watching the second half of the episode.
Keep holding up your "critic" position, we need one LOL

Edited by Sanika. - 19 April 2016 at 1:06pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

PlainJane

indranigupta IF-Dazzler
indranigupta
indranigupta

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 6:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by DocD

Hiya Guys!!!
Just dropped in to say I'm missing the forum!Cry

Hug

What to do?
Have been having a manic time at work!Ouch 

Myriad thoughts racing through my mind since yesterday...several interesting facets...some beautiful nuances about human relationships...my favourite playing ground!Big smile
Can't help but take my reviewer status seriously!LOL
Or better still, critic!Tongue

But on a serious note, have to say
Some really insightful character sketches of 2 beautifully flawed characters
Shravan
AND
Sumo

Wish to have some time on hand to be able to to do adequate justice to my thoughts on the current track...for whatever my thoughts are worthWinkLOL
Hence, would like to take some time to get back on my musings...

Until then, would just like to leave behind some food for thought...

1. What really is the worth of an orphan child's dreams? What really?
2. "To err is human", even for the most evolved. What does it take then to flip the 'lens', especially if it is a lens loaded with 'baggage'?
3. Unconditional relationships are a rarity in today's day and age. What does it take to realize them, and more importantly hold on to?
 This is one of the many reasons i guess we all are watching the show. This show has a propensity to leave us tantalisingly dangling at some unseen, yet not understood vision... whether it be an orphan child's dream to rectify the image of her mother in the eyes of the living, or showing us the mirror not of some perfect ideal society or relationships. And more importantly, asking us to question what do we understand by love. Can it be defined at all? Is it mere give and take? 
I think i like the show because it raises multiple perspectives without trying to rationalize them or trying to solve. It is a show of possibilities and potentialities.Big smile
Hoping to stimulate some good thought-provoking discussions, what with the intellect that our forum is blessed with...

On the aside, since I have begun to don the reviewer's hat rather seriouslyLOL, would like to just comment on the histrionic potential (strictly my take) on our talented duo:

- NAMIK PAUL is EXCEPTIONAL at nuanced emoting...a case in point: his understated 'confrontations' with Khosla are simply BRILLIANT...right from his body language...to the smirks...to those volleys of rebuttals...just reeks of CLASS! But the guy HAS to work on his dialogue delivery cos he seems to do a yo yo quite repeatedly! If he can modulate his voice superbly with just the right touch of softness (read: the concluding ShraMan scene yesterday), he can also come across as plain sermonizing when he spells out facts and figures!(read: Shravan;s reaction to his Dad in the first scene yesterday or some moments during his talk with Mami today). Why do I mention this? 'Cos the guy has this absolutely RARE gift of talking through his EYES...he uses EXPRESSIONS like no other!! ClapClapClap For somebody who can speak through his silences, this has got to be child's play!Smile
Yup, Namik's eyes, his expressions are brilliant, superlative ClapBut, I would even like the director to tone down his smirk because that can often mar the productivity of the whole scene. I guess he needs to improve his diction and his eyes convey more than the words he is speaking. This leads to contradiction leading to the problems that you mentioned. Though the Mami scene I liked, I guess this was one of the many reasons I didnt enjoy the father-son scene. It turned out for me more as a ball catching exercise.
But Shravan is superlative in his silent stares and deep expression. Only thing I would prefer, is to reduce his smirk, because at times they do interfere with the gravity of the situation. His voice modulation I like, but diction needs to be improved. And can I state here I love his swagger. He is BOSSHug

- NIKITA DUTTA is an absolute NATURAL! ClapClapClap She is BRILLIANT at subtlety, and ACES the difficult art of voice modulation! She has a very good RANGE as well, so what then is her improvement area? She could possibly work a little on getting more consistent with the 'emotional pitch' of her dialogue delivery as well. Case in point - Its the same Nikita who does 'history book' emotional scenes like the ones in Sumo's old house or the "I am sorry" voice modulation moment last week AND it is the same Nikita who did a completely flat "Meri mari hui Ma, Mrs. Priya Tiwari..." scene yesterday! The scene yesterday was extremely powerful...Namik's plethora of expressions as they changed from an inexplicable sense of calm to unsettled were EXTRAORDINARY, Nikita's 'emotional pitch' could have been a notch higher...
Dyotona, that is why I didnt like Sumo in the last scene. Nikita can improve in restrained and subtle performance (barring ofc, traversing the memory lane and saying sorry to Shravan, she was magical) This is again why the park scene which was beautiful for many reasons had its own faults. Nikita's voice modulation was so low-key, it just reduced her pain. In spontaneous, happy scenes, naughty ones.. or as being Sumo.. she  is superlativeClap. Suman kind of scenes are not her cup of of tea, I guess . LOLThe director needs to be careful when he gives these roles to her. She is a good actress... but everyone does have certain problems.  

To reiterate, this is entirely my take, not that it's worthy anythingBig smile
 I loved your take, as usual.

Can't wait to be back to share my reflections of what I feel about the current track
To summarise, I for one, definitely feel ENRICHED
In my understanding
Of human relationships
Their FRAGILITY, included!

THANK YOU...
Team EDKV
Shravan
Sumo
Namik
Nikita
Heart

Cheers!