Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LM1991 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago
                                         [THIS IS A MEMBERS ONLY POST]
          The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Chapter 54

ALL THE NAMES & PLACES ARE FICTITIOUS (if any resemblance to persons & places is purely coincidental). Any royal titles, MEDICAL PROCEDURES, MEDICAL TERMS, MILITARY PROCEDURES, MILITARY TERMS, Punjabi terms, architectural terms, IT terms & programs, office hierachy, wedding rituals, etc. are from my imagination hence THEY ARE NOT TRUE. PLEASE DON'T BASH ME !!!!!

ALL THE PHOTOGRAPHS DOWNLOADED DO NOT BELONG TO ME BUT BELONG TO THE ORIGINAL UPLOADER. I HAVE JUST USED THEM AS THEY GO WITH MY STORY! PLEASE DON'T BASH ME !!!

"Aap sab chahta hain ki "ek naari ka swabhimaan ek maa ke haaton majboor ho jaaye?" Toh theek hai hum apne bacchon ke ujjwal bhavishye ke liye iss rishte ke liye tyaar hain!" These sentences were hammering in Savitri Devi and Maan's head. Both were feeling helpless hearing Geet's cry of her inner soul. Savitri Devi felt disappointed with herself that as being a woman could not understand another woman's pain! Maan who failed as Geet's life partner and pushed Geet into this helpless situation. Maan as a husband could not provide her sense of emotional protection and security! MAAN HAD FAILED AS A HUSBAND! That night everyone were in deep thought, there was a glum and serious atmosphere at the dining table. Geet was busy with babies and decided to have dinner in her room. Later in the evening, Veer and Yash came to the guest house where Savitri Devi, RK and Maan were staying with the maids who were carrying the babies so that Khuranas get time to play with them!

Next day at breakfast, Geet came to the dining table and said,"Hum aap sab aadarniye parijano se ek gambhir vishye par vaartalaap karne chahte hain." (I would like to discuss with my family an important matter!) Just then babies' maid came running, "Rajkumari-sa, chote raj kunwar aur aur choti rajkumariyaan jaa gaye hain. Aapko bula rahe hain!" (Ma'am, babies are awake and crying for you!)

"Hum aate hain aap chaliye!" (You look after them, I'm coming!) Geet dismissed the maid. Then continued, "Kya aap sab naashte ke paschaat choti beithak mei padharenge?" (Can you all please come to the family after breakfast?) Geet then left for her maternal duties. Both the families were shocked at her request.

When Rajmata, Savitri Devi, Maharaj, RK, Maharani, Rajkumari Chitralekha and Maan entered the "choti beithak" (informal living room/family room) after breakfast, they found Geet in deep conversation with Advocate Kulbhushan Shekhawat (KB). From far they could not hear what they are discussing but once they reached near they heard KB's lawyer like voice,"Geetu, mera tajurba kehta hai ki tum ek baar phir soch lo!"(Geet, my experience suggests thst you please reconsider your decision!)

"Dada,  bahut soch vichaar kar hum iss nirnaye par pauhchaye hain!" (Dada, I thought about it for a long time and then come to this decision!)

"Theek hai jaisi tumhari marzi! Yeh papers sign kardo!" (Alright as you wish! Please sign these papers!) While Geet was signing the papers, KB noticed Rajmata, Savitri Devi, Maharaj, RK, Maharani and Maan had arrived. He got up and touched Rajmata, Savitri Devi and Maharaj's feet.

"Kulbhushan, aap bade dino paschaat padhaare, sab kushal-mangal?" (Kulbhushan, you have visited us after very long time. I hope you are well.)

"Ji Mamiji!" (Yes Aunt!)

Brij, Veer, Padmini, Vicky, Yash and Meera had also joined elders in the "choti beithak". 

Once servants had laid trays of refreshments, Geet ordered them in her royal attitude, "EKAANT!" (Solitude!) After everyone was seated with their respective beverage, Geet got up and started, "Hum aap sabse kshama maangte hain ki kal humare bartaav se aap sabko thes lagi! Kal jo bhi kuch hua bahut galat hua. Humne bahut socha toh iss samasya ke duo samadhaan nikale. Pehla ki hum apne swabhimaan ki raksha karen aur iss rishte ko todhkar kaheen door chale jaayen!" (I apologise to all of you for my yesterday's behaviour! I know I have hurt you, please forgive me! Whatever happened yesterday was wrong. I have given the matter lot of thought and came to two decisions. One that apply for divorce and leave my home and family!)

"GEET!"

"Gudiya, yeh aap kya..." (Gudiya, what are you...) Geet raised her palm facing towards Padmini.

"Kintu, woh bahut hi bachkaana nirnaye hai aur humare priyejano ko kasht degaa. Humare bacche bhi apni maa ki mamta se vanchit reh jaayenge! Iss liye humne socha hai ki hum iss rishte ko ek varsh ka samay dete hain. Agar iss ek varsh mei hummei laga ki Mr. Maan Singh Khurana ek acche pati aur pitah pramaanit hue toh hum yeh rishta sari umar nibhayenge yadhpi nahi toh ek varsh pashchaat hum yeh rishta todh denge!" (But that would have been an impulsive and immature decision. As my children would miss their share of maternal love and my family would be upset. Hence,I thought of giving this relationship a year! If in this one year,Mr. Maan Singh Khurana proves to be a good husband and a father, we will continue this relationship. If not then we will dissolve this relationship forever!)

"TUM MERE PYAAR PAR SHAQ KAR RAHI HO GEET?" (Geet you doubt my love for you?)

"Mr. Maan Singh Khurana, pyaar karna saral (easy) hai kintu pyaar nibhana kathin (difficult)!" (Mr. Maan Singh Khurana its easy to fall in love but difficult to commit to  your love!)

"Bhabhi aap bhi Maan bhai ki tehara CONTRACT MARRIAGE karna chahti hain?" (Bhabhi you also want to do a contract marrige like Maan bhai?)

"Kyun Vicky bhaiya, kya kewal ek purush ka swabhimaan hota stree ka nahi? Inhone Contract Marriage apni zidd aur swaarth ke liye ki thee. Yadhi hum apne bacchon ke ujjawal bhavishya ke liye samjhota kar rahe hain ek varsh ke liye toh usmei kya galat hai? Inhone apne parivaar se chupakar contract marrige ki, jabki hum apne poore parivaar ke samaksh apni contract marriage baare mei batta rahe hain!" (Why Vicky? If he can do a contract marriage for his stubborness and selfish purposes, can't I do the same for welfare of my children? Beside which he hid his contract marriage from his family members and loved ones whereas I'm openly discussing it with my family!)

"Geet beta, kya ek varsh kafi hai kissi ho jaan ne ke liye?" (Is a year enough to know someone?)

"Dadimaa, hum maante hain, ek varsh paryapt nahi kissi ko jaane ke liye. Parantu ek varsh paryapt hai samjhane ke liye ki pati-patni ke liye unka yeh rishta kitna mahitrapoorn hai!" (I agree one year is not enough to know anyone's temperament. But one year is enough to know how important is their marrige for them?)

"Gudiya, aise tanaav poorn vivaah mei, bacchon ki bhaavnaon aur maansik vikas par prabhaav padhegaa!" (Gudiya, how do expect for children to have balance emotional and psychological development in such tense marriage!) Rajmata said with concern.

"Gudiya aap kewal ek stree ki tehare baath kar rahi hain ek Maa ke roop mei sochkar dekhiye!" Padmini tried to reason. (Gudiya, you are thinking like a woman not a mother!)

"Nani-sa, bhabhi-sa aur aap sab humare shubh chintakon se humare kewal ek prashan hai, "agar hum bhi woh sab karte jo inhone abhi tak kiya, jaise gair purush ke saath rishta rakhna, gair purush ke saath raat raat bhar party karna, sharab peena ityadi. Toh kya yeh hummei  maaf karte? Agar hum kissi gair purush ke saath aissi asheel tasveerein khichwate, chahe kissi nek karye ke liye hot. Toh kya yeh hummei apnate? Nahi, kabhi nahi !" Ek naari yeh sab cheezein kare to woh charit heen, kulta, kalankinee ityadi padhawi se samaanit ki jaati hai kintu agar purush karen toh hummei unhei kshama kar dena chahiye!" (Nani, bhabhi and all my well wishers please answer my one question,"if I would have done what all Maan has done till now? If I would have had a relationship with a strange man, gone with him for late night parties and had drinks with him. Would I have been forgiven? If I got obscene photographs clicked with a strange man no matter how innocent it was. Would Maan have accepted me? No never!" If I would have done all the above mentioned  behaviour, I would have been announced by society as characterless, indecent tart! If a man does all this, a woman is expected to forgive and move ahead!) Geet paused to catch her breath and rest of the family was too shocked to react. Geet continued,"Ek purush apni patni ke deihaant (death) ke che mahine pashchaat punarvivaah kar sakta hai kintu ek stree ko aajeevan ek vidhwa ka jeevan vytith karna paradhta hai! KYUN?" (A man gets married just after 6months of his wife's demise but no one question's him but a widow is expected to remain faithful to her dead husband lifelong. WHY?) Geet said remembering her biological father's action.

"Gudiya, samaaj ke doshon ko toh hum badal nahi sakte hain kintu apne parivaar waalon ko toh galti karna se toh hum rok sakte hain!" (Gudiya, we can't change societies injustice but we can stop you from making a blunder!) Rajkumari Chitralekha tried to make Geet understand.

"Theek hai aap sab streeyon se humara kewal ek antim prashan hai. Aap ek Nani, Dadi, Mami, Maa, Bhabhi aur behan ki tehara naa sochkar kewal ek stree ki tehara sochiye ki kya hum galat hai? Ek stree jo patni hai aur apne pati se samaan ewam pyaar bhi paana chahti hai. Ek Maa jo apne samaan ke saath-saath bacchon ko ek ujjawal bhavishye bhi dena chahti hai. Kya woh galat hai? Yadhpi hum kewal apne samaan ka sochte toh hum aaj hi inse vivaah viched le lete kintu hum aapne bacchon ke bhavishye, bhavanaon aur unke maansik peedha ke baare mei sochkar yeh madhya ka rasta chunna hai. KYA WOH GALAT HAI?" (Alright, all the women gathered here please answer my one last question. Please don't think as a grandmother, mother, sister-in-law or sister, just think as a woman, am I wrong? A woman who is married, and wants to protect her self- respect as well as get love from her husband. A mother who doesn't want to loose her self- respect as well as give all rights and love to her children. Is she wrong? If I would have only thought of my self-respect, I would have filed for divorce right now! But by doing so my children's future, emotions and psyche would have been hurt! So, I chose this middle path. AM I WRONG?)

Savitri Devi got up went and hugged Geet and said with firm conviction, "Geet beta aapne bilkul sahi nirnaye liya hai. HUM GEET KE SAATH HAIN!" (Geet you have taken absolutely right decision. I'm with you!)

"Mai bhi!" (Me too!) Meera also supported Savitri Devi shocking Vicky.

"Mujhe bhi Bhabhi ka decision manzoor hai!" (I also agree with Geet bhabhi's decision.) Vicky said

"Rajkumari Gayatri ne sahi nairnaye liya hai!" (Princess Gayatri has taken right decision.) Maharaj Prithviraj came and blessed Geet by patting her head. RK also blessed Geet but grudgingly. Brij, Veer and Yash came and hugged Geet showing their support. Only people who were totally against this decision were Mr. Maan Singh Khurana, Rajmata Swarnanjali, Maharani Sumitra, Rajkumari Chitralekha and Rajkumari Padmini.

"Mr. Maan Singh Khurana,kya hum aapse ekaant mei vraatalaap kar sakte hain?" (Mr. Maan Singh Khurana, can I please talk to you in privacy?)

Plz press 'like' & comment (if possible?)

Edited by LM1991 - 7 years ago
LM1991 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Dear Friends,
HI!
I have tried to restore pictures on thread 1. If anyone would like to re-read this story with pictures, you can.
thankyou for your likes and comments!
LM
prerna1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
great update
i totally agree with geet
she have beared a lot
hope maan change his ways soon..,
sanum23 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 7
nice pt 
geet is right on hr place but she's making it issue she trying to make women emotional blackmail but hr masi nani seeing things practically if maan apologize and agrees not to repeat
this act again she's doing wat maan did before he not have believes in relations but geet she respects relations 
everyone show their acceptance on geet decision except maan and hr nani masi mehrani 
geet want to talk withmaan in privacy

mayurmaaneet thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Whoaaa geet took the right decision! Agar maan ko apne pyar per buarosa hai toh woh geet ke iss faisle ko apnaye aut sabko apne pyar per vshwas dilaye! Superb yaar cont soo hun
jasika08 thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
Amazing update 
Waiting for next update 
khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
hi thanks 4 da pm n terrific update! well written! Geet is right! wen Maan wanted the contract marriage she agreed! he is upset! update soon
T.Peru thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Lovely update 
Hope everything goes fine bw MG
Thanks for PM
Update soon 
love2_soma thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
ek nari k hisab se geet k nirnay bilkul sahi hai...hum geet ko support karte hai...magar ek maa yahan harr gaye...mere hisab se...magar ek stree ki garima bhi toh kayem rakhna hai na...

awesome update...

loved it very much...

thank u very much fr d lovely update...

eagerly waiting fr d nxt prt...

continue soon plz...

hira2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Season two I think
Geet just wow I love the way she stands for her respect
Maan has to work harder