Ek Duje Ke Vaaste

Letters to Sumo: April 18th

maankigeet4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

Sumo, my Sumo

I am so sorry for unknowingly hurting you. Believe me, I had no intention. I was so intent on winning the case, so intent on keeping my promise to you that...that I just didn't think all this though. You know, I am not usually this implusive. But when it comes to you, I just become reckless, I forget to be rational, I forget to be the typical calm and composed Shravan. I become the old Shravan, the Shravan that wrote a letter years ago. 
Could I have taken the time to come up with a solid plan? Yeah I could have. But I didn't want to. I just wanted this to be over, as soon as possible, I wanted your misery to end. Last night, I sat on my knees next to you, completely helpless. I saw the strongest girl I know shatter and break down right in front of me. I wish I could explain what I felt as I held you by the shoulders,you looked so lost, so defeated. I wish I could explain what your tears did to me. I wish I could expalin what your pain did to my heart.
But I will try.
Last night, when you lost all hope, I thought I was literally holding you upright. That If I had let go, you would have crumbled. That hurt my heart. You are my fearless Sumo, but last night you gave up. And I needed to find a way to see my Sumo again. If wanting my Sumo back is a mistake, then I have made that mistake
Last night, your tears ached my heart in a way it has never ached before. I needed those precious tears to stop. I needed you to smile..smile in joy when you got your house back. If wanting your smile is a mistake, then I have made that mistake.
Last night, I made a promise to you. I promised you I would never let you lose. All night I thought about about how I could keep my promise and this is what I came up with. I may have not gone about it the right way but I kept my promise. And if keeping my promise means I made a mistake, Then, I am telling you I have made a mistake.
And I will apologize. I will apologize for being implusive and reckless. I will apologize for hurting you and your memories of your Ma...I will apologize for hurting your heart.
I am hurting too, Sumo. It hurt to see tears in your eyes...again. I wanted your eyes to smile. It hurt when you freed your wrist from my grasp, because you took away your warmth. And it really hurt to let you walk away. It hurt when I had no right to stop you from walking away from me.It hurt to watch you walk away.It hurt to see your retreating back. It hurt to watch you grow smaller and smaller in my vision until you faded away. It hurt. Today, I can understand how hurt you were when I drove away from you years ago, when I didn't stop as you called out to me. How it must have hurt when I didn't give you the chance to say sorry.
Thats why I am saying right now ..I made a mistake and I am really sorry.                                                                                                         
I promise you I will fix this mess. I don't know how yet, but I will fix it. 

Shravan

~~
Fair warning, my brain is most likely fried from the two exams i wrote today. And I just caught the episode and did a quick letter. Today actually really called for a letter to Sumo..and clearly Shravan has lots to say. May not be written all that well written so apologies in advance. 
What an episode ! Especially loved the Shraman scene, how these two have grown over the last few weeks, and how far their relationship has come that they can now listen to each other, understand each other's point of view and respect it. There are mixed reactions to the epsiode and the current track. Quite frankly, I love this track and its doing all sorts of wionderful things for Shraman's relationship. And I have faith the writers know where they are going with the story. So I say, just sit back and enjoy the ride.
~~
Other orders of business:
Some of you readers have asked from Sumo's perspective..letters to Shravan. And while I really want to write from Sumo's POV. technically she doesn't know such letters exist so it doesn't make sense in my eyes. So i was thinking of doing something like 'Sumo's box of memories'. Sumo has memories saved in a box. What if, she penned her thoughts and they were for her 'Box of memories'. Let me know what you folks think of this idea.
And as exams come to an end, I can start a ongoing thread.

Loads of love
- Reya <3
Edited by maankigeet4ever - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jassu7 thumbnail
Once again my heart is exploding with appreciation as to how you managed to pen his unspoken words so beautifully! You never cease to amaze me! As for the current track, I love it as well. Not only do we get to see the amazing acting skills of Avtaar Gill as Khosla, we also get to see  ShraMan's growth from cannot stand to see each other to getting back to cannot stand to see each other in pain! This letter was truly beautiful, and if the CVs were to ever have Shravan write a letter to his Sumo about his feelings, this would be it. As for Sumans letters, how about diary entries that she keeps in her "box of memories"? It's just a suggestion, but do keep writing these amazing letters, and good luck on your remaining exams! Edited by jassu7 - 8 years ago
an_chau thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Reya, you amazing writer!!! Exams, exhaustions be damned!!! Love the way you make us all understand Shravan through these letters. Once you're done with the exams, you must compile them into a Letters to Sumo section! I actually wait to read them after every episode!
moonstonespirit thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Res 02 😛 now un-resed 😆
'Box of memories' - Sounds wonderful!!! Cant wait for it to start.

I loved today's episode and I am definitely love this track. It has been about growth. They have come a long way. Now they there is no pretense. Shravan is now seeing the side of sumo that he never saw. And she is letting him see her vulnerabilities and pain.  They have accepted each other's position in their life. This open and easy friendship has been amazing to watch. Instead of fighting for every small thing, they are now talking about it. The are not pushing each away after the mistake, instead they are accepting it and moving forward to resolve them together. This newly developed understanding is amazing. 

Got to go!! See you tomorrow...

Love,
Raksha 🤗 

Edited by moonstonespirit - 8 years ago
Cashivi thumbnail
You bring out the unsaid words of shravan with such a flair...
This was soo adorable <3
Loved the last lines. When he compares sumo walking away with his walking away without giving a chance to speak..!
hagen thumbnail
Wonderful letter😛 I felt the pain of shravan but I could not feel the same for suman she looked more upset for her mother's reputation which is fine but she didn't  even acknowledge the fact here is a guy who has left everything for her and only concentrating on her case to make her happy and also the fact that he has even gone to the extent of paying 6Crores to get back the house for her .
Kavila thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
SPEECHLESS👏😭
WHAT A PAR BRILLIANCE THESE LETTER IS U ARE JUST BOW DOWN DEAR BOW DOWN👏

i dont why people are halla boling so much the episode was sheer beauty what to say i am just loving the perfect phase not too slow not to fast❤️

Shraman has come so long way bass its high time sumo tio realize LOve rather than freindship and please shravans letter kaise bhi karkey sumo ke hath lage bass please i want badly that

BTW i dont  know why people bashing Shravan likme dude i want to salute cvs for theri real life potrayel chracter no maater how much intelligent shrvu is after all he is human...andi am so glad the way they potraying flaws of humans like really👏

I am just faliing in love with more and more to shravan each passing day nobody is perfect in this world if he is perfect than what is diff btw GOD nad human and human are bound to do mistake but the real human is those who realize it tries to fix it in his own way and SHRAVAN oh MY LORDDD..❤️

I am so so thankful to cvs and sony that unlikrother ML who gifted his brain to XYZ nad doing clinchey heroic stuff...and what not...👏

SHRAVAN is just brilliance in terms of that...how mesmerizing this chracter is...

Honestly i find shravan the most sorted out chracter ever jo bhi karta hai dil se chahey pyaar ho nafrat ho yay dosti yay Duty 

SHRAVAN MALHOTRA TAKE A BOW.

As far as of SUMO is concerned i found her the most CONFUSED character ever...she need to learn more and more...in my POV..
orion23 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Oh my word Reya!! You are too good 🤗
You so subtlety, so naturally bring out the gentle loving shravan!
Just love, love reading your letters... too much depth!
And Amen to sumo's "box of memories".. can't wait...!
Ri21 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
gosh this is so beautiful reya. i really love to read ur letters to suman. u pen down shravan's feelings so perfectly
and yea i would love to read suman's box of memories coz as much i have seen not many understand what suman is actually going through. as she supresses her feelings but we can connect with shravan as he is a open book to us
shivani_agl thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ri21

gosh this is so beautiful reya. i really love to read ur letters to suman. u pen down shravan's feelings so perfectly

and yea i would love to read suman's box of memories coz as much i have seen not many understand what suman is actually going through. as she supresses her feelings but we can connect with shravan as he is a open book to us

@BOLD exactly my thoughts!! sumo has only bared to shravan just twice.. i want to read some of her thoughts in those 10 long years..!! like when she gets to know that shravan has became a succsessful lawyer. her memories & everything...

@reya hope to read more from you. literally wait for your post!! amazed at your skills to write about feelings with such an ease!

p.s check the previous letter post!