Ek Duje Ke Vaaste
Ek Duje Ke Vaaste

Nothing has changed. (Page 3)

chicksoup IF-Sizzlerz
chicksoup
chicksoup

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 5:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by indranigupta

Hey Chick.. a great post (nothing new about itLOL)
But, I didnt like yesterday's episode, particularly more so when it was such an action-packed filled scenes. There was a jarring effect to the execution of the scenes barring only once when Mami requested everyone to put aside 25 lacs each for Sumo's wedding.
 I felt it was an irrelevant episode. 
Even before Shravan, the hero, is a top-shot lawyer we have him to be an emotional person and his emotions, his monologues were never there at all. (please do not mention the ball throwing scene and the conversation he had with his dad). That felt for me mechanical.
The interaction was fast-paced and both Khosla and Shravan acted like a dream (he even looked like oneWink
But, I felt it there was still some underlying plan... but it turned out to be nought...Ouch 
But, the worst was no one in the episode spoke about the fact that Shravan gave 6 crores to Khosla.. this didnt hurt Sumo's pride??? I remember the scene when she felt so badly used by our hero when he paid 3 lacs. And this is crores. She could only think about her mother?Confused
Lets forget Sumo for a second, what about Mami, Nanu or other members of the family.. no one even made a passing comment on it. He was simply their lawyer and what if even he was a family friend... nobody would pay 6 crorers from their own pocket!!
It was a badly executed scene, poor editing and poor screenplay for me.
But, a special word of appreciation for Namik... he was brilliantClap
And also, Khosla was good.
The park scene actually reduced all the intensity we have seen build up between Sumo and Shravan. I couldn't relate to Sumo at all and also, not to Shravan. Here, was a man who had once gone 10 years in pain, in humiliation and deep loneliness. why? Because he felt someone had not acted morally right, someone was in principles wrong. 
How could he think that 6 crores would have been morally correct in the eyes of Sumo  and more particularly, Nanu?
Btw, I do not think Khosla scenes or episode is a boring track. For me its a must, if something has to be shown of Sumo's past, her parents... her self-respect would just get a new found dimension.
And Khosla himself is a good actor.
Only thing as a viewer i felt both Shravan and Sumo acted morally inappropriately. And that park scene was I felt rushed.. the underlying tension (passionate and sexual) between them was missing. I felt blank (though again i felt Shravan did a better job than Suman).
Ah! well lets hope next episode will be a better oneSmile

Thanx, Indrani. 
Once in a while even I am disappointed with an epi I cannot relate to...Yesterday was thankfully not that. I really liked it.

I feel this was honestly Shravan. He is used to shortcuts in his cut throat world of legal battles...and this one was an idea his dad endorsed too. 

He jumped right in, without a thought for teh consequences , because all he had wanted just then was Sumo's smile.

He did think about her self respect- Bribing Khosla 1.5 Cr to keep his mouth shut. He would have worked up the situation in such a manner that Sumo wouldn't be hurt..However Khosla double crossed. LOL

Sumo indirectly means the 6 Cr too.
Her mom allegedly owed 50 Lakhs...which grew into 4 .5 Cr over 20 years...and in 2 days, she owes someone 6 Cr thanks to him. LOL IDK why the forum is not talking about this! Ofc, for Shravan it might be a year's or even less earnings...so it doesn't make much diff...I fe;t that resentment come across from Sumo, though she didn't mention the 6 Cr. The whole idea was to show the case as SHAM...and he made it so much worse! Ouch If he had proved Khosla wrong, sh ewould owe no money and her mom's name would be cleared..Instead, today  her mom is convicted and she owes 6 Cr to someone- A REALLY BIG THING! Wink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

indranigupta

chicksoup IF-Sizzlerz
chicksoup
chicksoup

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 5:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MrDarcyfan

Hey Soup,

Have not been very active lately as I have too much work on and come home late. Yes I am back working full time in my high pressure finance job! Just tired all the time these days. This is like IPK days when I hardly had time due to work pressure but was always online on my phone! (Lol). But now I have more responsibility, so just cant do that! :(

I still love Suman and Shravan and working on a piece on them too. I am sure that Shravan meant well in so called "settling" the case, but this was the easy way out. He got a solution, but not the "Right" solution! Suman feels hard done by and I get that too. Everything is the same. Her Mum is still the villain and Khosla will only step back for a short time before trying something new!

I have not seen today's episode but I will do in a few hours and will weigh in again, if I get the chance tonight! Great to see you consistently posting again. Looks like ShraMan "Gets" you! :)

Mandy! Hug

Hope you get the time to come out with that piece soon..Embarrassed...and interact more actively. 

Yep, Shraman gets me. WinkLOL Hope U like the epi too, since u have already analysed them well. Wink

MrDarcyfan

chicksoup IF-Sizzlerz
chicksoup
chicksoup

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 5:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by poppinss

Awesome post Soup.  I really cant find fault in how Shravan or Suman behaved in yesterday's episode. 
Shra is always extremely impulsive where Sumo is concerned.  So when he saw her as shaken as he did... he did a quick fix to get the house.  We must understand that he still does not know Sumo fully.  So he did blunder but not intentionally.  Sumo has been having a pretty bad time for the past week.  She is broken and still picking up the pieces.  Wonder how she is going to react to Mami's insults.  Will she confront again?

As for the track being slow... Its more to do with covering khosla's entry from hall to the Sofa, his getting up from the sofa, Khosla giving a sinister expression etc.  I love Avatar Gill, but I want the story to move at a certain pace.  Anything to do with Khosla seems to be going like the 80's art movies.  Enjoyable but not gripping enough.

Khosla and the 80s movies- ROFL- Yeah, he is right out of that era. LOL

I feel Shravan was right in a way because he did think about her Atma samman when he bribed Khosla 1.5 Cr to keep shut...He forgot her mother's honour part of it. A slight oversight...Otherwise, if Khosla had kept his mouth shut and Suman never knew about it, I would have applauded him even if it was  a short cut. Wink

poppinss

indranigupta IF-Dazzler
indranigupta
indranigupta

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 5:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chicksoup

Originally posted by indranigupta

Hey Chick.. a great post (nothing new about itLOL)
But, I didnt like yesterday's episode, particularly more so when it was such an action-packed filled scenes. There was a jarring effect to the execution of the scenes barring only once when Mami requested everyone to put aside 25 lacs each for Sumo's wedding.
 I felt it was an irrelevant episode. 
Even before Shravan, the hero, is a top-shot lawyer we have him to be an emotional person and his emotions, his monologues were never there at all. (please do not mention the ball throwing scene and the conversation he had with his dad). That felt for me mechanical.
The interaction was fast-paced and both Khosla and Shravan acted like a dream (he even looked like oneWink
But, I felt it there was still some underlying plan... but it turned out to be nought...Ouch 
But, the worst was no one in the episode spoke about the fact that Shravan gave 6 crores to Khosla.. this didnt hurt Sumo's pride??? I remember the scene when she felt so badly used by our hero when he paid 3 lacs. And this is crores. She could only think about her mother?Confused
Lets forget Sumo for a second, what about Mami, Nanu or other members of the family.. no one even made a passing comment on it. He was simply their lawyer and what if even he was a family friend... nobody would pay 6 crorers from their own pocket!!
It was a badly executed scene, poor editing and poor screenplay for me.
But, a special word of appreciation for Namik... he was brilliantClap
And also, Khosla was good.
The park scene actually reduced all the intensity we have seen build up between Sumo and Shravan. I couldn't relate to Sumo at all and also, not to Shravan. Here, was a man who had once gone 10 years in pain, in humiliation and deep loneliness. why? Because he felt someone had not acted morally right, someone was in principles wrong. 
How could he think that 6 crores would have been morally correct in the eyes of Sumo  and more particularly, Nanu?
Btw, I do not think Khosla scenes or episode is a boring track. For me its a must, if something has to be shown of Sumo's past, her parents... her self-respect would just get a new found dimension.
And Khosla himself is a good actor.
Only thing as a viewer i felt both Shravan and Sumo acted morally inappropriately. And that park scene was I felt rushed.. the underlying tension (passionate and sexual) between them was missing. I felt blank (though again i felt Shravan did a better job than Suman).
Ah! well lets hope next episode will be a better oneSmile

Thanx, Indrani. 
Once in a while even I am disappointed with an epi I cannot relate to...Yesterday was thankfully not that. I really liked it.

I feel this was honestly Shravan. He is used to shortcuts in his cut throat world of legal battles...and this one was an idea his dad endorsed too. 

He jumped right in, without a thought for teh consequences , because all he had wanted just then was Sumo's smile.

He did think about her self respect- Bribing Khosla 1.5 Cr to keep his mouth shut. He would have worked up the situation in such a manner that Sumo wouldn't be hurt..However Khosla double crossed. LOL

Sumo indirectly means the 6 Cr too.
Her mom allegedly owed 50 Lakhs...which grew into 4 .5 Cr over 20 years...and in 2 days, she owes someone 6 Cr thanks to him. LOL IDK why the forum is not talking about this! Ofc, for Shravan it might be a year's or even less earnings...so it doesn't make much diff...I fe;t that resentment come across from Sumo, though she didn't mention the 6 Cr. The whole idea was to show the case as SHAM...and he made it so much worse! Ouch If he had proved Khosla wrong, sh ewould owe no money and her mom's name would be cleared..Instead, today  her mom is convicted and she owes 6 Cr to someone- A REALLY BIG THING! Wink
Probably you are tight.. never thought in this lightLOL
But, coming from a literature background, for me a slight difference in settings, contexts is of great importance. I wanted a monologue from both Sumo and Shravan (Shravan more so.. to reveal his dilemma... but it became more a mechanical exercise) just to show or represent little more of their vulnerabilities. Then, the kheer eating exercise took away what was build up, all the tension, the emotional complexes and i lost out on the impact of the park scene. 
I shall watch it again. And far more rationally... probably i have started to build more sand castles. 
I felt a better direction could have handled the loopholes in the fluidity of the scenes. But, yes i shall watch it again and then comment.

Edited by indranigupta - 19 April 2016 at 6:00am

chicksoup

MrDarcyfan IF-Sizzlerz
MrDarcyfan
MrDarcyfan

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 6:20am | IP Logged
Hey Soup,

Saw the episode and yes it seems like what I said before does stand. Suman is upset that her Mum has not been vindicated and Shravan just wanted to stop her house from being sold!

I think he realizes his error and probably stops the cheque and starts again. This is probably what got Mami going at Suman! (Cant stand her, but she is slightly better than Kamini who is just a purely selfish woman who wants all the wealth for her kids). 

But looks like Shravan did see the error of his ways, and why it was important to Suman to win the case not just get rid of Khosla. (who is super sleazy BTW). But his lines are funny especially. 

"Shravanji, main pehele seh aap ki fan hu, lekin aab aap ki AC aur cooler bhi ban gaya hu!" 

That was seriously LOL! Cant wait to see how things pan out now that Shravan has withdrawn the cash. I have become his AC and Cooler too. He is hot! Blushing

Edited by MrDarcyfan - 19 April 2016 at 6:20am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

preciousrubyindraniguptapoppinsschicksoup

DivyaDivI10 IF-Dazzler
DivyaDivI10
DivyaDivI10

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 6:33am | IP Logged
lovely post

Shravan made a mistake by mistake now he will make it up and yeah this Track play very important role in ShraMan life.

chicksoup

indranigupta IF-Dazzler
indranigupta
indranigupta

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 7:17am | IP Logged
@chick, seen the episode again. LOLMissed out on few of the points (liked it so much than earlier) and found two reasons why I found it jarring.
In the last friday episode, the last scene ended with Sumo almost lifeless and Shravan in despair.
 Yesterday, the scene began with the ball throwing exercise.. would have preferred a monologue at this point or Shravan pacing up and down and reflecting on Sumo's words. So, felt discontinuous and as I said mechanical.
Scene two was fine... i would say with Mama and Mausi on a signing spree.Tongue
Scene three.. tashan between Shravan was executed very well and hilarious as well. With far more introspection and mature understanding on the part of Khosla rather than our astute lawyer. Khosla was quite perceptive that Shravan wouldnt want this deal to be declared in front of Nanu and also, the fact that whatever Shravan is doing, he is doing it for Sumo. Here, both Shravan and Khosla as well as googlu were brilliant with Namik absolutely dashing, full of swaggerHug
Next jarring point.. would loved to know more about SHravan's thoughts at this point. Preferred dialogue for me would have been along the legal mode in dialogue and conflict with his love and attachment for Sumo.
Scene three.. jarring note, nobody including Nanu and Sumo raising a point about Shravan giving 6 crores. Would have loved here to see Sumo's agitation, relief, happiness, anger and pain at the eventual loss of her mother's reputation. 
Scene four.. was not required and absolutely in bad taste. Kheer -eating exerciseDead
Scene five.. the most important scene. You know what I did I played this scene in isolation and I loved it as Shravan's face contorted to show he has been double-crossed by Khosla. There was despair and anger in equal measure and then he realizes what his actions actually connoted. Loved his expressions. Namik take a bowClap
Sumo, a restrained performance and that of a person who has almost given up. She felt defeated (Nikita acted well hereClap), her sole hope had dried up. Her emotions showed the draining of her energy, her anguish that nothing more could be done.And anyways, thanks sounding poignant rather than what I thought earlier as mere acceptance.
That natija is more important than intention was good direction, (I missed out on it completely). It actually brought to mind Shravan's humiliation ten years back, Sumo might have had a good intention but nevertheless what stood out was a friend standing alone amidst the loss. Ironically, then also it was a case of a mother and now ten years later again the case of a mother. I dont know if it was intentional on the part of cvs to show Shravan immediately releasing Sumo's hand at this point.. but whatever, he realized it and his pain was obvious. For ten years long years he had tried to fight that humiliation and still fighting (probably, we are never given a chance to see whats going in mature Shravan's mind. For once, I would like to understand adult Shravan's train of thought not form his earlier version but his small inner struggles, dialogue with himself at the present day).
And the way he kept on looking at Sumo was that of a man probably suffering his worst defeat that he committed the same mistake what Sumo did.. (though again we have not been shown of Sumo's behaviour ten years ago.. Shravan has a fair idea of why she did what she did.. but, yet the pain remains).
So great direction here. But all this I saw in isolation. However, in continuity with scne four this last scene did drop its emotional and psychological complexity though few of the things which I mentioned earlier retained its flavour.
So, I feel the continuity and fluidity of the scenes were missing, otherwise as many have stated it was a good episode.
Thank you for giving me a chance to review my own feelingsClap

chicksoup

SahSah IF-Sizzlerz
SahSah
SahSah

Posted: 19 April 2016 at 7:28am | IP Logged
So I finally get to watch the episode and I am floored by it ...
your piece is fantastic there and it makes you wonder how so difficult are the circumstance and when nothing is in your hands everything starts falling in place 

From here on all I can think of is upwards trend and both of them being there and discovering the missing pieces of their friendship/love

I love reading what you write S  

chicksoup

Go to top